I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 12:35:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413485 times)
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #975 on: February 29, 2008, 06:11:28 PM »

Oh, Paris!  I would have been scared to death.  Poor Styx!  You should love, love, love him (which I know you are -- and AlohaBeth, too).  What an awful experience for a sweet creature like him to have to endure.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #976 on: February 29, 2008, 06:27:22 PM »

The neighbors asked today how Styx was doing and keep offering to pay any expenses. They saw him immediately after the attack when he was all bloody, but they didn't look at him today. He looks horrible and I know it would upset Laura (neighbor) terribly.  She keeps crying about it and they are taking their dog to a trainer.  Laura was diagnosed with cancer 10 years ago and at the time was given 6-9 months.  She's still here, but has been through every thing possible, including every new trial study that comes along.  2 months ago, she started chemo again.  And Lee, her husband, has repeated offered to be tested for me.  I can't be upset with them. They have always been good neighbors and we count on each other.  But, I HATE their dog.  So, we will just keep making Styx comfortable and happy.  AlohaBeth left a little while ago, and he keep looking at her "please don't go".  He loves her!

Thank you all for your kind, supportive words.  You know I love all of you! :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #977 on: February 29, 2008, 06:31:37 PM »

Paris, you ARE an ANGEL! That takes alot of moxy to do what you are doing.  What goes around comes around, and with your attitude you should be walking around with nothing but blessings! 

Married - three children.
Alports female, diagnosed ESRD 10/04
11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
2/3/09 - Transplant from an angel of a friend!!!
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #978 on: February 29, 2008, 06:35:55 PM »

Here's my baby, Hop-Sing.  He's a Pug/Pekingese mix and is 5 years old (will be 6 in July).  The first picture is at his 3rd birthday party (he loves cake -- can you tell).  Yes, I have a party for him every year -- cake and all.  Now that he's older, it's a small party with just me, Marvin, and Hop-Sing.  But, for his 1st birthday, we invited ten "dog" friends over for a pool party.  The dogs swam around in the pool, and I made Marvin grill hot dogs for them.  Marvin couldn't believe I was throwing a party (and he was the chef) for a dog.  But, Hop-Sing's not a dog; he's my BABY.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 06:42:38 PM by petey » Logged
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #979 on: February 29, 2008, 06:47:40 PM »

Paris, I am so sorry about Styx! I hope he's doing better today. He looks like an absolute love and a half...he certainly didn't deserve to be beat up by a younger, obviously meaner dog. Keep taking care of him and giving him his treats, just don't let him get too used to it, or he'll expect it after recovery, too.  ;)

Petey, Hop-Sing is just too cute for words. I'm normally not a small-dog person, but I might make an exception for him (anything under 40 pounds is a small dog to me.). Would you be willing to let me have him?  :lol;

I have to share this...we went to get our dog (Lucky) from the vet on Monday after our trip - we board him there...he loves it, and they love him. I told the lady why we were there, and she said, "You can't have him, I took him home with me." She was kidding, of course, but she had obviously bonded with him while he was there, and was very sad to see him go. Lucky for her we love to travel, so he'll probably be there a couple of times a year!

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #980 on: March 01, 2008, 04:23:03 AM »

Petey, Hop-Sing is just too cute for words. I'm normally not a small-dog person, but I might make an exception for him (anything under 40 pounds is a small dog to me.). Would you be willing to let me have him? :lol;

KT, the only way you could have Hop-Sing is if I came with him.  And, Marvin said the only way I could go is if he came with us, too.  I can tell you now, Marvin and Hop-Sing are both "high maintenance," require your undivided attention, and eat almost non-stop.  You better think about this!  :rofl;
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #981 on: March 01, 2008, 07:27:41 PM »

My poor dog has had a really bad day.  He slept for 14 hours last night. Then he seemed to be doing pretty good. Took him outside and he enjoyed the warm air.  His eye is looking better. But around 5 he fell--all 4 legs went in different directions (hip dysplacia) and he stayed that way until after 9. Beth and I did everything we could think of to help him up, but he hurts so much, he wouldn't let us touch him.  It was so pitiful to watch.  Finally he got on all fours and immediately wanted out--that means stairs, steps -- but out we went.  Got back in and all fours went out again. He is laying there and I can't stand to see him like this. I think the trauma of the dog attack has really been too much for him.  He is so old and I am worried he can't recover from this.  I don't want to go to bed and leave him alone.  Hoping tomorrow will be better for him.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Jill D.

« Reply #982 on: March 01, 2008, 07:37:00 PM »

Paris, that breaks my heart about Styx! Pets are special family members and it does hurt to see them in pain. Hugs to you and Beth :grouphug; :cuddle;

Diagnosed with FSGS in1990.
Started hemodialysis in April 2006.
Received a new kidney from my sister on Dec. 5, 2006.
Transplant rejection in March, 2009
Approved for second transplant in May 2009
Sister-in-law approved as donor in Dec 2009
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #983 on: March 01, 2008, 07:42:03 PM »

Dr. AlohaBeth says lots of love and snuggles!  Mom called me the dog-whisperer earlier -- he just loves me best :)  but he is feeling a little better I think, lots of sleep and treats is making his heart a little happier.

Awww poor Styx! I hope he improves soon.

I love The Dog Whisperer - we watch it on the National Geographic channel - and we don't even have a dog! I'll bet you're a good pack leader Beth!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #984 on: March 01, 2008, 07:44:16 PM »

Paris, my heart goes out to you. Does Styx have pain medication for the hip dysplasia?
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #985 on: March 01, 2008, 11:27:28 PM »

Oh Paris & Beth how awful for you all.  Watching a pet in pain is the most awful experience, those who don't have one will not fully understand.  I hope Styx is improving today, bless his heart, that attack was a dreadful shock for him.  :grouphug;
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #986 on: March 01, 2008, 11:40:09 PM »

Sorry to hear Styx is having so much trouble. I hope he does lots better today..   :grouphug;

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #987 on: March 02, 2008, 05:58:24 AM »

Oh Paris. How awful.  Poor Styx, Poor Paris, to have to watch him, helplessly unable to help him!

My heart breaks for you, watching your loved one suffer and unable to DO anything just
is heartbreaking.

Here's my hopes and prayesr and wishes that Styx manages some healing sleep. Poor baby.

:grouphug; :grouphug;
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #988 on: March 02, 2008, 07:34:38 PM »

We had a better day. He is walking a little more and eating well. His eye is less swollen but still oozing goo. This is the first day I feel like he has really improved. We'll just keep on babying him and making him comfortable.  The neighbors are keeping their dog inside and I have only seen him out once since this happened. 

Thank you all for your sweet posts--I know there are horrible things happening all over the world, but for the moment, this was what was happening in ours and your kind words helped me :cuddle;

Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #989 on: March 02, 2008, 07:39:05 PM »

Im glad to hear Styx is doing better  :thumbup;

Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #990 on: March 02, 2008, 10:46:35 PM »

I've always said that there may be 'worse' things happening to other people but that doesn't make your own troubles any less painful.  Pleased to hear Styx is doing well, hope he improves daily now  :cuddle;
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #991 on: March 03, 2008, 01:45:47 AM »

I've always said that there may be 'worse' things happening to other people but that doesn't make your own troubles any less painful. 

This is very true, rose. Sometimes a comparison to other world problems/personal problems can be useful to us, to help us pick ourselves up and keep going. But we should never use the same comparison to "lessen" (so to speak) our own problems.

Paris, you're a brave one! And so is Styx. Sounds like you will both pull through this.  :)
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #992 on: March 04, 2008, 06:15:11 AM »

Paris, just wondering, hows Styx doing this morning?

Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
kimcanada
Elite Member

« Reply #993 on: March 04, 2008, 07:58:27 AM »

Aww poor styx,  :grouphug;

I am glad he is coming around   :)

Kim

http://www.kimhoben.com
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #994 on: March 05, 2008, 05:48:43 AM »

Paris - I keep asking how Styx is (in various posts) but no reply. I hope everythign is OK???  :cuddle;
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #995 on: March 05, 2008, 06:38:26 AM »

Thanks for asking about my poor dog.  His eye looks better, but we think he can't see out of it.  He can't judge where the door frame is runs into the wall.  His hips keep going out and he just lays there.  I am not sure what we are going to do.    The neighbors seem to be avoiding us, but at least their dog isn't outside.    What a week this has been! Is it over yet?   Thanks, Rose :cuddle;

rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #996 on: March 05, 2008, 07:53:55 AM »

Oh bless his heart, he must wonder what has happened to him.  Give him a hug from me  :cuddle; If the neighbours have any sense they won't let their dog out unless its on a lead, I don't blame the dog , I blame the owners.  They should be making sure Styx is OK and paying the vet's bills.  It certainly has been a week, hope it will get better from now on, take care.  :grouphug;
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #997 on: March 05, 2008, 10:05:05 AM »

Poor Styx. I'm so sorry you're all having to deal with this! I hope he continues to improve.

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #998 on: March 05, 2008, 10:23:49 AM »

Thanks for you thoughts. Sometimes it is easier to focus on Styx and his problems than think about mine, so he is keeping me busy. 

MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #999 on: March 06, 2008, 08:51:47 AM »

Poor baby!  Give him lots of hugs from me (and the rest of us!).   :cuddle; :cuddle;
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »