I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 02:48:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413488 times)
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #925 on: January 20, 2008, 08:07:17 AM »

Here's the squirrel my husband I have been taking care of since November.  We just haven't had the heart to let him go.  It's been cold and we're being stupid.  I think we're doing it today.  My husband made him a house and we're going to hang it in the tree and just cross our fingers he stays there.  He's a little bigger now.

Here's Hammy...

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #926 on: January 20, 2008, 08:10:02 PM »

Missy My cone head!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
kimcanada
Elite Member

« Reply #927 on: January 21, 2008, 11:13:19 AM »

AWWWWW I think they look soooo sad with that!   :-\

http://www.kimhoben.com
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #928 on: January 21, 2008, 12:21:37 PM »

Awww!  Poor Missy!!! Heck, Poor KitKatz and Victor who have to deal with her attempting to take the cone off!!!

Kim, Buster looks soo cute!!!  Definitely not a watch dog!!!

Kelly, how did you guys rescue the squirrel? Have you told that story?  Did I miss it somehow?
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #929 on: January 21, 2008, 01:45:21 PM »

MyssAnne, we found the little guy in our front yard one cold, wet morning a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving.  He was shivering and all alone.  I was able to get him into a box and bring him in.  We contacted a wildlife rescue, but missed the pick-up time, as they picked up early due to a animal with head trauma or something.  We decided to hold on to him and see if we could release him later.  We let him go once before in our backyard and then it got really cold.  My husband went out and checked on him and he was sleeping in a planter that I had nailed to the tree.  He brought him back inside.  We built him a house and let him stay in that inside the cage for a few weeks and we just put the house on the tree outside yesterday morning.  He made it through the night and he looks very happy out there.  When we let the dogs out about an hour ago "Hammy" poked his head out the door of his house to watch the dogs.  He's so very cute!!!!!!!!!  We hope he stays in that tree and doesn't leave.

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #930 on: January 21, 2008, 08:39:43 PM »

My husband caught Missy outside banging the cone into a bush as hard as she could.  He called her in and had to duct tape up the cone.  She had broken it.  It now has a chip out of part of it. She runs up on me for attention and butts me when we walk up the hallway together.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #931 on: January 25, 2008, 03:37:54 PM »

I just had to get pills for Buster because of something with his eyes, his lashes go in instead of out

Entropian? My youngest bully, Dorothy, had that. Hers had to be operated on. Twice.  :(

Both operations where done when she was young and she hasn't had trouble since (she's now 8).
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #932 on: January 29, 2008, 08:23:10 PM »

That's my dog Cairny in the back and his best dog friend Kiska in front playing in the snow up in the mountains last weekend.

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #933 on: January 30, 2008, 01:44:56 AM »

great pic Bill!
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #934 on: January 30, 2008, 01:46:28 AM »

Great looking dogs!  :thumbup;

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #935 on: January 30, 2008, 03:47:22 AM »

Wonderful picture Bill. With that much snow, Willie and Winnie would be buried.

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #936 on: January 30, 2008, 07:26:09 AM »

Bill, they look so cute!!!!  You can tell they had fun though!!! 
kimcanada
Elite Member

« Reply #937 on: January 30, 2008, 12:37:08 PM »

Bill, what type of dog is the one with the white markings on his face?

kimcanada
Elite Member

« Reply #938 on: January 30, 2008, 12:38:55 PM »

Entropian? My youngest bully, Dorothy, had that. Hers had to be operated on. Twice.   

Both operations where done when she was young and she hasn't had trouble since (she's now .

I am not sure what its callled , but there is an operation that should correct it.

Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #939 on: January 30, 2008, 01:23:27 PM »

That's my Cairny (rhymes with fanny, after Cairns Australia) he's a black-tri Australian Shepherd. (That's him catching a Frisbee over the crock').

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
charee
Elite Member

« Reply #940 on: January 30, 2008, 05:09:09 PM »

That's my Cairny (rhymes with fanny, after Cairns Australia) he's a black-tri Australian Shepherd. (That's him catching a Frisbee over the crock').
hey bill i have never heard of that breed is there another name they go by? looks abit like a border collie ??? :ausflag;

Home Hemo  18 months
Live donor transplant 28th October 2008
from my beautiful sister
Royal Prince Alfred Sydney Australia

Live donors rock
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #941 on: January 30, 2008, 06:08:35 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Shepherd
I didn't know half of it.

The Australian Shepherd's history is vague, as is the reason for its misleading name It is believed by some the breed has Basque origins in Spain and was used there by shepherds

What is known is that it developed in western North America in the 19th and early 20th centuries.
[snip]
It is not clear where the name "Australian" came from, although it is possible that many of the dogs coming from Australia were blue merle and, somehow, the adjective "Australian" became associated with any dogs of that coat color.

Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #942 on: January 30, 2008, 06:12:37 PM »

I thought I had posted this before but it didn't turn up when I searched. A friend who was watching him sent this to me while I was traveling. He's a ham for the camera, loves having his picture taken.

kimcanada
Elite Member

« Reply #943 on: January 31, 2008, 09:57:10 AM »

I think I need a dog just like yours Bill, what is his temperment like?

MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #944 on: January 31, 2008, 10:35:44 AM »

Bill, I love that picture!!!! He looks so natural in the chair, getting his hair groomed!!!!
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #945 on: January 31, 2008, 10:39:44 AM »

I think I need a dog just like yours Bill, what is his temperment like?
They like to have a job to do or at least spend little time on their own. Left alone they'll find something to do. Cairny goes to work with me - he is rarely left alone. He'd rather sit in my car than sit in the house.  This is the third Austrian Shepherd that I have lived with - they make very cute puppies but often people are surprised at their energy when they get older. There is an active Australian Shepherd rescue program in my area but I am a sucker for a puppy. I started working at my current employer when the boss called me and told me that if I came to work for her I could have a puppy.  I started on a Thursday (1/00) and the next Monday Cairny went to work for the first time as a little seven week old fluff ball.  When I travel he often goes to work anyway - he has more hours there than I do over the last eight years.

kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #946 on: January 31, 2008, 06:33:19 PM »

Those dogs are smart!  Really smart!   I love that picture!   :clap;

Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #947 on: February 01, 2008, 03:52:43 PM »

hey bill i have never heard of that breed is there another name they go by? looks abit like a border collie ??? :ausflag;

Hi Charee

Australian Shepherds have become quite popular in Australia in recent years, particularly in obedience and agility trialling. They are very similar to various collie breeds and perhaps even some kelpie - I guess the sheep-dog history is quite clear and certainly some Australian breeds must have been used in the development of the Aust Shepherd, although the breed itself was developed in the US.
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #948 on: February 01, 2008, 03:58:22 PM »

My husband caught the dog outside whacking the cone into the bushes trying to break it off of her head.  He brought her in and had to duct tape up the cone.  Sigh!

Hey kitkatz, hope she is getting better now. I didn't mean to giggle at that last sentence, but I did! Here's something similar that my dogs did once, I wrote this story in to Australian "Dog's Life" magazine and they published it in December 1999:

WHO'S THE BOSS?
Our bull terrier pup Chloe was not a welcome addition to the family for our bull terrier Diesel. He would boss her around, beat her up and steal her dinner each night. As he aged though, he let up and Chloe took over as undisputed boss of the backyard.
When Diesel was 8, he developed an enlarged prostate and needed desexing. After the operation, the vet suggested cutting out the bottom of an ice-cream bucket to place over his head, to stop him scratching his stitches. But this wouldn't fit over his fat head - we had to use a full-size plastic bucket from the hardware store. When placed over his head, this contraption prevented him from seeing anywhere but straight ahead and naturally, he hated it.
I contemplated going back to the vet for a proper Elizabethan collar and as I mulled it over, I watched Diesel through the window trying to scrape the bucket against the clothes lines to remove it from his head.
Then from the other end of the yard came bossy, mother-like Chloe, looking at him as if to say "Can't you get anything right?". She went straight up to him, faced him full on, grasped the edge of the bucket in her teeth and pulled back - effectively yanking the darn thing straight off his head!
Diesel, like an impish school boy, simply grinned, had a comfortable shake and wandered happily to his mattress.
charee
Elite Member

« Reply #949 on: February 01, 2008, 04:05:53 PM »

great story and thanks for the info :2thumbsup;

Home Hemo  18 months
Live donor transplant 28th October 2008
from my beautiful sister
Royal Prince Alfred Sydney Australia

Live donors rock
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »