I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 09:30:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413475 times)
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #1000 on: March 06, 2008, 11:41:24 AM »

The weather is beautiful and I have had the windows open, but everytime Styx hears Bosco bark next door, he cowers.  The wounds are healing. His fur is falling out by the handfuls. He tends to shed when stressed.  Maybe that is why my hair is thinner :rofl;  Thank you all for caring about this poor old dog.  :cuddle;    Styx, not me :rofl;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #1001 on: March 06, 2008, 12:05:49 PM »

Thank you all for caring about this poor old dog.  :cuddle;    Styx, not me :rofl;
:rofl; :rofl; :rofl; (We do care about both of you though)
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #1002 on: March 07, 2008, 08:28:12 PM »

I unexpectedly ended up baby sitting another bull terrier this weekend.

So I have 3 white bitches running around my house - same breed, same colour - it is getting very confusing!  :rofl;

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1003 on: March 08, 2008, 06:06:12 PM »

Well the plan here is to have a male Golden Retriever puppy in May. The litter is expected to be born today, March 8, 2008. Finally getting a dog, but no idea why dad took so long to make the decision, he's been pondering for over 3 years. I'm just glad it is a fairly large breed, not a breed that I can drop kick by accident....lol or think it is a rat that the cat's may chase around here at night...lol

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #1004 on: March 08, 2008, 08:02:07 PM »

Chris, my family absolutely adores Goldens. My parents adopted one from a rescue in August. She is nine years old, and is their second Golden (we had one when I was a kid). My brother and his wife have one who is eight; and my husband and I have a mutt who is mostly Golden in personality, though occasionally his German Shepard side shows, too. Enjoy the new addition to your family! And share  :pics; when he comes to live with you!

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1005 on: March 08, 2008, 08:32:00 PM »

When we do get him, he will be in good company with our neighbors dog. Two neighbors in the back yard have dogs, one is a little yappy something dog and the other neighbor has a 1 year old black lab that our cat loves to ay with. Then there is our next door neighbor who has a two year old golden retriever that again our male cat loves to play with. I ned to invest in a frisbee factory again though if I can train the pup like I did when I had my sheltie catching frisbies. We were leaning towards the rescue centers at first, but the one place that had a Golden Retriever in our area did not get along with cat's. It was part of the reason he was there and was not checked out for genetic problems. So my dad decided if we are going to get a dog, we are going to train it from the start and get one from parents who have ben OFA checked. I don't care really since I would accept a dog anyway if tey had problems since I have been thru so much medical crap, but dad doesn't see it that way. Glad I wasn't a pup when I was a kid to be choosen for a home!

Just thought about this, meant no offense to Angela or anyone else who has small dogs.

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #1006 on: March 08, 2008, 10:06:07 PM »

Hi Chris

I'm glad your father contemplated the decision for so long. Pet ownership is a decision that should never be made rashly!  :2thumbsup;
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #1007 on: March 09, 2008, 11:03:35 AM »

Here's Boomer and Zoe in the snow yesterday. We got hit with 13.5 inches of snow Friday into Saturday, with upto 40 mile per hour winds. We've got drifts now up to 4 feet and the dogs LOVE it! They can't get enough of going out to play in the snow!

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #1008 on: March 09, 2008, 11:58:11 AM »

Padda, Boomer looks just like my dog, Lucky! What breed(s) is Boomer? Lucky's got Golden Retriever, German Shepard, Lab, and Chow. There's a picture of him somewhere in this thread, but I'll see if I can find another picture of him and post it. BTW, my father-in-law's dog's name is also Boomer! (he's a dachsund, though).

~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #1009 on: March 09, 2008, 04:40:07 PM »

Oh, Paddbear - please lock Zoe up and throw away the key....... or else I am coming over to STEAL her! She is adorable.  :angel; They both are.

And the sight of the snow just seems weird. Not just because it doesn't snow here, but because we have had a week of 40 degree celsius weather, and the week coming up is going to be the same! Our air conditioner was broken down last week, and it was truly awful.
paddbear0000
Elite Member

« Reply #1010 on: March 10, 2008, 10:09:19 AM »

Padda, Boomer looks just like my dog, Lucky! What breed(s) is Boomer? Lucky's got Golden Retriever, German Shepard, Lab, and Chow. There's a picture of him somewhere in this thread, but I'll see if I can find another picture of him and post it. BTW, my father-in-law's dog's name is also Boomer! (he's a dachsund, though).

Boomer is Golden Retriever and Chow. He's named after Boomer Esiason, a famous Cincinnati Bengals quarterback from the past. My husband's idea, not mine!

Oh, Paddbear - please lock Zoe up and throw away the key....... or else I am coming over to STEAL her! She is adorable.  :angel; They both are.

And the sight of the snow just seems weird. Not just because it doesn't snow here, but because we have had a week of 40 degree celsius weather, and the week coming up is going to be the same! Our air conditioner was broken down last week, and it was truly awful.

Thanks! We got her from a local shelter when she was only 2 months old and the cutest little thing you'd ever seen! She actually fit in my arms! This pic is from the day we got her.

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #1011 on: March 10, 2008, 10:56:38 AM »

Here's a picture of Lucky. I didn't have any on my computer, and my husband only sent me the one with me in it  >:(

~~~~~~~
kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #1012 on: March 10, 2008, 11:00:44 AM »

Lucky looks awesome!!!  I love the picture!! Thanks for sharing!  Hug him for me!  :grouphug;  I love big dogs.  OK, I just love dogs...

Married - three children.
Alports female, diagnosed ESRD 10/04
11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
2/3/09 - Transplant from an angel of a friend!!!
paddbear0000
Elite Member

« Reply #1013 on: March 10, 2008, 11:24:19 AM »

Katie, Boomer and Lucky could be brothers! He is a boy, right?

Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #1014 on: March 10, 2008, 12:43:35 PM »

Wow, long lost siblings for sure! That similarity is uncanny.

Wish I'd taken some pics while I had Mako (white female bull terrier) here on the weekend, together with my two - would have looked great!
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #1015 on: March 10, 2008, 02:08:53 PM »

Wow, that picture really shows it! Boomer's a bit broader and lighter in color at the snout, and his ears are shorter, but WOW! Of course I think Boomer's very handsome! and yes, Lucky's male.

K4T, he gets so many hugs a day that it would be tough to say "here's one more"...he's hugged enough to get one from everyone on IHD! LOL.

~~~~~~~
paddbear0000
Elite Member

« Reply #1016 on: March 10, 2008, 02:25:41 PM »

Yeah, I can see the Shepard in Lucky's muzzle and ears. He looks so happy in that picture! Give 'em another hug from me!  :cuddle;

bolta72

my best friend

« Reply #1017 on: March 18, 2008, 02:16:59 PM »

This is Frisky, he is a 11 1/2 year old pomerian. Today was a tough day for him as he had 6 teeth pulled. He is resting now and at least has eaten his dinner. I think I am more concerned about it than he is.

gotta do what I gotta do.. 2 yrs in ctr hemo
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #1018 on: March 18, 2008, 04:31:50 PM »

awww! Poor Frisky!!!  Spoil him rotten, he deserves it, after having SIX teeth pulled, poor guy!!!

He looks soo huggable!! Heck, all the doggahs do!! I sure do miss not having a dog.  Some day
we shall, again.
Jill D.

« Reply #1019 on: March 18, 2008, 08:21:15 PM »

Has anyone seen the "World's Ugliest Dog Contest" on Animal Planet? It is wonderful to see the love that is showered on these pets...many of them are rescue dogs. It's almost like the funnier looking the dogs are, the more endearing they are!!!

Diagnosed with FSGS in1990.
Started hemodialysis in April 2006.
Received a new kidney from my sister on Dec. 5, 2006.
Transplant rejection in March, 2009
Approved for second transplant in May 2009
Sister-in-law approved as donor in Dec 2009
mikey07840
Elite Member

Her royal highness Queen Ruth on her throne, RIP

« Reply #1020 on: March 19, 2008, 12:37:26 AM »

Attached is a picture of Ruth, my kitty. Or more correctly, I am her pet human.  :usaflag;

EDITED: Re-sized picture - Sluff/Admin

« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 09:48:06 AM by Sluff » Logged

06/85 Diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes
10/04 Radical Nephrectomy (Kidney Cancer or renal cell carcinoma)
02/08 Started Hemodialysis
04/08 Started Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD)
05/08 Started CCPD (my cycler: The little box of alarms)
07/09 AV Fistula and Permacath added, PD catheter removed. PD discontinued and Hemodialysis resumed
08/09 AV Fistula redone higher up on arm, first one did not work
07/11 Mass found on remaining kidney
08/11 Radical Nephrectomy, confirmed that mass was renal cell carcinoma
12/12 Whipple, mass on pancreas confirmed as renal cell carcinoma

• Don't Knock on Death's door; Ring the bell and run away. Death hates that.

• I'm not a complete Idiot -- some parts are missing.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1021 on: March 19, 2008, 01:10:14 AM »

oh she's gorgeous!!!!

Of course you are the pet human.. or rather slave.... I am sure she has you wrapped around her little soft paw... just like mine does with me :)

And on that note I'm late to get home to feed said mistress... she will not be happy with me!! Better scoot!! :)

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #1022 on: March 19, 2008, 04:10:06 AM »

Awww!!! She looks so pretty!! I love pink noses!!! I agree, we are wrapped around THEIR fnigers,
no doubt about it!!!
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #1023 on: March 19, 2008, 07:23:39 AM »

Mikey, She's beautiful!

I wanted to let the dog owners know about a new food we just started feeding Lucky. It's called Evo, and it has more protein than the normal dog foods that you buy, and less cereal filler. Of course, since dogs are, by nature hunters, their traditional diet (what their bodies are built to use) is mostly protein. We just started feeding it to him about a week ago, and have noticed a huge difference!

We had been feeding him Science Diet for sensitive stomachs, and he was throwing up a couple of times a week. My husband was talking to a co-worker about it, and he reccommended the Evo, and gave us some to try him out on. Not only has he stopped throwing up, but his coat is shinier and softer; his eyes have more sparkle to them; and he has way more energy.

It's a bit more expensive than what we had been feeding him, but since we don't have to feed him as much, it actually costs about the same per meal as the Science Diet. We found the Evo at a locally owned pet supply store. Just a thought, if any of your dogs start having problems with the regular brands that you buy in the stores.

~~~~~~~
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #1024 on: March 19, 2008, 09:33:28 AM »

Attached is a picture of Ruth, my kitty. Or more correctly, I am her pet human.  :usaflag;
Oh bless! She is beautiful.  And I agree, all of us 'pet owners' are really their well trained human pets!  :rofl;
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »