I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 12:24:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413482 times)
7piglets

Me and the boys

« Reply #1050 on: March 26, 2008, 11:53:41 AM »

Oh Scobby Doo is too cute!! (Well except for the Patiots tag LOL We are Jets fans :)

here are my spoiled rotten babies..
Haley is Tan She is mut but we think Shepard/ Chow Mix
Harley is Black he is Doberman/ Cattle Dog mix

paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #1051 on: March 26, 2008, 11:59:52 AM »

Very cute 7piglets!  :big hug:

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #1052 on: March 26, 2008, 05:01:34 PM »

Skye, now that the pic is smaller, the two are way too cute together. But OMG, the size of Scooby's feet! And he's how old? How big is he supposed to get??

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
skyedogrocks

Rob showing off his pot of gold!

« Reply #1053 on: March 27, 2008, 04:54:56 AM »

Thanks KT!  He is a cutie patootie!  He'll probably grow to be about 70lbs, maybe a bit bigger than Luke (German Shorthair Pointer).  He's starting to get his hound bark/howl in.  The neighbors just love us!   :shy;

Wife to Rob who is currently doing Nx Stage Home Hemo Dialysis.

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #1054 on: March 28, 2008, 06:23:34 PM »

Just too many cute pics in this thread!! Can't comment on them all.

But that puppy (Scooby)..... oh my! I just can't get past the cuteness of puppies.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #1055 on: March 28, 2008, 09:53:23 PM »

I found this pic on another board.  The dog is known to the neighbors as "Holy sh**t!"

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
paddbear0000
Elite Member

« Reply #1056 on: March 29, 2008, 08:53:24 AM »

Yes!!! Now that's a dog!!! The bigger the dog, the more there is to love, I say!

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
highlite36

« Reply #1057 on: March 29, 2008, 09:01:54 AM »

Skye, your puppies are so adorable!!!  I miss my dogs as puppies!!!  They were so WONDERFUL as babies!  And they just loved to cuddle!!!!  I can't wait to see your puppy all growed up!!!  :-)

ESRD February 2002
Transplant from living non-related donor November 7, 2002
Lost transplant April 2005
Diagnosed with Heart Failure February 2006
Currently on Peritoneal Dialysis, awaiting to be well enough to FINALLY get placed
on the Transplant List.  :-)  I can't wait!!!!
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1058 on: March 29, 2008, 11:26:27 AM »

I found this pic on another board.  The dog is known to the neighbors as "Holy sh**t!"

That's what I thought when I saw the dog before I read what you wrote. However, that's my type of dog. I like big dogs. Would like to have a Great Dane, but I will like our Golden Retriever when we get him.

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #1059 on: March 29, 2008, 05:44:37 PM »

That's photoshopped, for sure. Bull mastiffs are pretty huge, but not that huge.

Having said that, I also love big dogs. I'll stick with my bull terriers probably for ever - they are nice medium, compact size - but i've always had a soft spot for the giant breeds.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #1060 on: March 29, 2008, 06:06:01 PM »

We brought the baby tortoise home today! Here it is saying good bye to it's mama.
(You can't tell what sex they are til they are about 9 years old, so maybe we'll think of a non-gender specific name!)

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #1061 on: March 29, 2008, 10:18:57 PM »

Gorgeous! Pity you don't know what gender it is - "Shelley" would be fitting, lol.
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #1062 on: March 29, 2008, 10:40:08 PM »

The pictures are very cute, Karol. How about Rocky? (I've heard of female pets named that!)

~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
paddbear0000
Elite Member

« Reply #1063 on: March 30, 2008, 12:04:54 PM »

That's photoshopped, for sure. Bull mastiffs are pretty huge, but not that huge.

Having said that, I also love big dogs. I'll stick with my bull terriers probably for ever - they are nice medium, compact size - but i've always had a soft spot for the giant breeds.

Actually, that's not photoshopped. It's a real dog, at real size. It's an Old English Mastiff, the largest dog breed in the world. They can weigh anywhere from 110 pounds to the 343 pounds. Their height can range from 25 to 36 inches to the shoulder. There was an Old English Mastiff named Zorba who earned the world record of the world's largest dog. Here's a picture of Zorba.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 12:06:56 PM by paddbear0000 » Logged

KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #1064 on: March 30, 2008, 01:32:39 PM »

I agree with the statement that the bigger the better, when it comes to dogs, but those Bull Mastiffs are a little much. So I'll amend...the bigger the better, up to about 80 pounds.  ;)

~~~~~~~
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #1065 on: March 30, 2008, 10:40:15 PM »

Hi Paddbear - sorry, got the mastiffs mixed up there. If the pic wasn't photoshopped, then perhaps it is the camera angle that exaggerates the appearance of the dog in comparison with the person.

I realise that the English mastiff is the heaviest breed (not the tallest however, that's the Irish Wolfhound), but - not wanting to discredit you or be disrespectful 'cause I like you as much as everyone else here :) - all of my literature puts the Old English mastiff weight range at 80-190 lbs. If there was ever a dog to reach anywhere near 300lb, it would be a complete mutant and a total exception to the rule! (And I might add, grossly overweight and ready for a heart attack). Height range according to one of the books I have in front of me is 27 - 30 inches (I am not completely sure, but I think they measure a dog's height at the withers).

Do you mind me asking what the source of the Zorba information is? The Zorba information may be valid, but I have come across many other "world record" claims on huge dogs on the internet, and they're always a different dog accompanied by photos that are difficult to believe (especially the one - you may have seen it - of a neapolitan mastiff walking alongside a horse).
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 10:43:24 PM by cycobully » Logged
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #1066 on: March 30, 2008, 10:57:55 PM »

I'm back (I have Mondays off, too much time on my hands today lol). :)

I took the liberty of looking this up, and this page has quite a bit of good information on it, including all the links it contains:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hercules.asp
paddbear0000
Elite Member

« Reply #1067 on: March 31, 2008, 09:30:18 AM »

I used to be a vet assistant and we had an Old English Mastiff as a client. The dog was a male, was 32 inches to the shoulder and weighed 264 pounds! They are real. I have no trouble remembering this dog. He was so big, you couldn't forget him. Due to his size, he had a lot of health problems and was frequently at the office. His name was Thor. Unfortunately, he died of heart related problems due to his size. Most dogs of this breed never get as big as the dogs you hear about. You hear about them because they got so big.

kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #1068 on: March 31, 2008, 06:52:19 PM »

If I owned that particular Mastiff the poor guy would never leave my backyard!  There is NO WAY I'm going to "pick up after my pooch" when my "pooch" is THAT big!   NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!   :puke;

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1069 on: March 31, 2008, 07:59:51 PM »

If I owned that particular Mastiff the poor guy would never leave my backyard!  There is NO WAY I'm going to "pick up after my pooch" when my "pooch" is THAT big!   NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!   :puke;

:rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

Diabetes -  age 7

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #1070 on: April 01, 2008, 01:58:27 AM »

I used to be a vet assistant and we had an Old English Mastiff as a client. The dog was a male, was 32 inches to the shoulder and weighed 264 pounds! They are real. I have no trouble remembering this dog. He was so big, you couldn't forget him. Due to his size, he had a lot of health problems and was frequently at the office. His name was Thor. Unfortunately, he died of heart related problems due to his size. Most dogs of this breed never get as big as the dogs you hear about. You hear about them because they got so big.

That's amazing paddbear - Was he very obese, or just a really large dog? The heart problems don't surprise me. :(

I did a very short stint as a volunteer vet assistant, and a few years as a dog groomer, but was never lucky (or unlucky? not sure) enough to see one that size!

LOL, though I did have an ageing Great Dane as a client - beautiful dog but with some nasty arthritis so that he had trouble standing up long enough to be bathed, dried and nails clipped - one day as I crouched to clip his nails, he fell against me and pinned me to the wall. I honestly didn't think I was going to make it out of there alive. My heart was beating with pure fear, I couldn't breath or move the dog, and I was just one step away from watching my life flash before my eyes - but in hindsight.......   :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 02:01:17 AM by cycobully » Logged
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1071 on: April 01, 2008, 05:45:26 AM »

When I worked at a vet, a couple owned 4 St. Bernards. None of them liked to take their pills. They usually would spit it back out once you left the area. Had to hold their head up, use a pill inserter, and rub their neck for them to fully swallow their pills. Felt like you needed a saddle on them a couple times :rofl; Those were great dogs though, very friendly.

Diabetes -  age 7

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

paddbear0000
Elite Member

« Reply #1072 on: April 01, 2008, 10:03:37 AM »

That's amazing paddbear - Was he very obese, or just a really large dog? The heart problems don't surprise me. :(

I did a very short stint as a volunteer vet assistant, and a few years as a dog groomer, but was never lucky (or unlucky? not sure) enough to see one that size!

LOL, though I did have an ageing Great Dane as a client - beautiful dog but with some nasty arthritis so that he had trouble standing up long enough to be bathed, dried and nails clipped - one day as I crouched to clip his nails, he fell against me and pinned me to the wall. I honestly didn't think I was going to make it out of there alive. My heart was beating with pure fear, I couldn't breath or move the dog, and I was just one step away from watching my life flash before my eyes - but in hindsight.......   :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

Not really. He was about 10 pounds overweight for his size. But at 264 pounds, that's nothing!

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #1073 on: April 02, 2008, 08:12:38 PM »

We just got back from the vet and he said the 3 bigger tortoises weigh 15 to 17 1/2 lbs and the baby weighs ONE OUNCE! The biggest guy might have an upper respiratory infection so he needs injections of antibiotics for the next 5 days. Thank God Jenna is willing to do it! The baby only has one eye open so we are trying an ointment to see if that helps.

Anyway, not to be outdone I figured I better post new photos I took this week of our other 2 boys, Tiger and Woody, out in the garden.

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
paddbear0000
Elite Member

« Reply #1074 on: April 03, 2008, 09:26:32 AM »

Nice looking cats!

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »