I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 12:22:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413481 times)
highlite36

« Reply #950 on: February 08, 2008, 10:12:28 PM »

I got new member that just joined my very special family.  Meet Maximus Augustus.  Maxi is a 16 month old pug and rat terrier mix.  My partner adopted him last week when he found an ad on freecycle.org for a FREE DOG!!!!  And he was just so special that we couldn't turn him down.  We were told by the previous owner that because he was "special" mix, his original price was over $600!!!  And we got him for FREE!!!!!  He's so spunky and loves to rip EVERYTHING into pieces!!! 

ESRD February 2002
Transplant from living non-related donor November 7, 2002
Lost transplant April 2005
Diagnosed with Heart Failure February 2006
Currently on Peritoneal Dialysis, awaiting to be well enough to FINALLY get placed
on the Transplant List.  :-)  I can't wait!!!!
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #951 on: February 08, 2008, 10:58:04 PM »

Nice dog  :thumbup;

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #952 on: February 09, 2008, 03:33:00 AM »

He's adorable highlite!
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #953 on: February 09, 2008, 08:08:15 AM »

What a cutie!  I love dogs!

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #954 on: February 09, 2008, 04:56:10 PM »

He is a cutie.  Watch out for your couch with this one around.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #955 on: February 10, 2008, 01:14:01 PM »

awww!!!! He is soooo cute Highlite!!! Very alert, very attentive!!
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #956 on: February 28, 2008, 07:10:41 AM »

My sweet dog had such a bad night.  My husband took him outside for a quick walk in the yard. Our neighbor was out with their 1 year old boxer.  Their dog broke loose from her hand and attacked my poor 14 year old dog!  He wouldn't let go of him and I could hear all the screaming inside. This went on for a couple of minutes. My poor dog kept crying as the boxer had him by the throat and face. I ran out with a broom, my neighbor was on the ground trying to pull her dog away. Every time she pulled him, he pulled my dog with him. My dog was curled in a ball, crying. Styx is part sheltie and part golden retreiver and somewhat in between the two in size. But he is a lover, not a fighter and being so old, he didn't have a chance. After I got the broom between them, finally the boxer let go.   Styx had blood coming from his eye and was scared to death.  Thank goodness for all that fur around his neck area, or the boxer would have hurt him more.  His eye looks so bad, he is limping all over and keeps looking at me with such sad eyes.  He is not in great shape at 14 anyway, but he really didn't need all this trama.  I am worried about him. This might be too much for him.   He looks like he went 5 rounds with Mike Tyson!  So, my energy today is to give him some comfort.  He is getting lots of love and doggie treats!   I will add that our neighbors feel terrible and keep checking on our dog. But, I don't trust their dog anymore.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
bolta72

my best friend

« Reply #957 on: February 28, 2008, 07:32:00 AM »

Gee, do you think he might have to see a vet?

gotta do what I gotta do.. 2 yrs in ctr hemo
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #958 on: February 28, 2008, 07:37:39 AM »

Oh Paris how awful, I'm sending a hug for you  :cuddle; and one for Styx  :cuddle;.  He doesn't deserve that, he should be able to live out his days in peace, I hope he will be OK, give him another cuddle from me.  :cuddle;

I hope I've attached a pic of my Springer and faithful companion Molly  (first time I've tried this!)- she is poorly with a tumor on her pancreas but doing OK at the moment, I think she's gorgeous.  And she's sending you both a hug too  :cuddle;
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #959 on: February 28, 2008, 07:53:04 AM »

Man that sucks! I hope your dog will be OK...

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
skyedogrocks

Rob showing off his pot of gold!

« Reply #960 on: February 28, 2008, 08:32:27 AM »

Paris - so sorry to hear about your precious pooch.  I hope he is doing better as the day goes on, what does the Vet say?

We have added a new puppy to our household, he's a Redbone Coon Hound mix.  Don't know what the other part is, just that his mom was the hound.  He is soooo cute, his name is Scooby Doo (my son named him) and he is now 15 weeks old, we have had him a couple of weeks.  He definitely brought some life back to Luke who was so depressed over losing his fur sister Skye.  We feel like Skye's spirit is in Scooby, he has so many traits that Skye had.

On another note, we found out Luke has Heartworm Disease after we took him for his yearly check-up  :(.  We give him his Heartguard faithfully, but he was that small percentage that still got it.  Poor guy.  Thankfully we caught it early and he is still very active.  He went in on Tuesday for his first treatment and he'll go back in a month for the second dose.  It's so scary what they have to endure to get rid of the worms!  He is finally feeling better from the shot today.  Because we bought his pills at the Vet, the Heartguard company is paying for the medicine, it's $100.00 a vial and he needs 4 altogether.  That is a great perk of getting it at the Vet. 

What a rough week it has been with Luke and other crap going on in our house.  I'll be glad when this week and the whole heartworm ordeal is over!

Wife to Rob who is currently doing Nx Stage Home Hemo Dialysis.

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #961 on: February 28, 2008, 08:39:29 AM »

Wow Paris I hope he is alright after some rest and antibiotics.

This is too late to help and it doesn't always work but in that situation grabbing the aggressive dog by their back two feet - doing the wheelbarrow can get them apart. This also makes it hard if not impossible for the aggressive dog to bite you and once they are apart continue to hold the dog by the feet until someone else - the owner - can get their dog under control. If you are by yourself you can possibly flip the dog onto its back and pin it to the ground by putting your foot under its chin.

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #962 on: February 28, 2008, 09:09:59 AM »

Well I TRIED to post a pic of Molly but it's not here  :(- any ideas what I did wrong???
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #963 on: February 28, 2008, 09:12:50 AM »

Paris, how awful!!!!  It's bad enough when it's a strange dog, but to have your neighbor's dog do it somehow adds insult to injury!

Poor baby. I hope you're giving him lots of love and cuddles, he needs it, plus a quick check at the vet to make sure nothing was
seriously damaged....

xtrememoosetrax

« Reply #964 on: February 28, 2008, 11:04:00 AM »

Oh Paris, that's awful. Poor Styx, and poor you! I once had a cat who was attacked by dogs, and it was very traumatic. I hope you and Styx are feeling better soon!  :cuddle;

Living donor to friend via 3-way paired exchange on July 30, 2008.

www.paireddonation.org
www.caringbridge.org/visit/marthahansen
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #965 on: February 28, 2008, 11:35:17 AM »

Thanks, guys.  He will only let AlohaBeth take care of him. She just came home on her lunch hour to check on him.  He will let her do anything.  Even he knows what a loving spirit she has. He is sleeping most of the time on his fluffy fleece bed.   Sleep helps healing, right?  He keeps looking at me with his sad brown eyes and it makes me want to cry.  These people have been our neighbors for 24 years and are really great people, but I do not like their dog.  They have always had small dogs and I think this one is just too much for them to handle. I will always look outside before taking Styx out from now on.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #966 on: February 28, 2008, 01:11:53 PM »

Awwww.  He sounds as if he is such a gentle loving creature, and to have been attacked like that. 

What does Dr. AlohaBeth say? I would say make some chicken and rice, and feed him comfort food. Poor baby.

As for the neighbor's dog... :boxing; :boxing; :boxing;

For Styx....... :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle; And some kisses too.
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #967 on: February 28, 2008, 02:29:01 PM »

Well I TRIED to post a pic of Molly but it's not here  :(- any ideas what I did wrong???

Did you go through the additional options and use the attach box?

Was the file too big? (limit is 1024kb) Or the wrong type? (this type works: txt, doc, pdf, jpg, gif, png, wma)

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
AlohaBeth

« Reply #968 on: February 28, 2008, 05:55:20 PM »

Dr. AlohaBeth says lots of love and snuggles!  Mom called me the dog-whisperer earlier -- he just loves me best :)  but he is feeling a little better I think, lots of sleep and treats is making his heart a little happier.

Here is a picture of styx - pre-black eye...   with a little snow on his nose

Imagine a world that lived with the Aloha Spirit.
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #969 on: February 28, 2008, 06:39:51 PM »

Awww. Such a sweetie!!! You can tell he's a gentle soul! 

I sure hope he heals quickly, physically as well as emoitionally, poor baby!
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #970 on: February 28, 2008, 06:43:20 PM »

That's my sweet dog!  He has slept most of the day. He took his doggie aspirin ok. He won't let us clean his eye completely. It keeps matting shut and we can't get all the blood off his fur without upsetting him.  The right side of his face is all swollen, poor guy.  Vet says use neosporin on the cut.  He already has hip dysplacia, and with all of yesterday's trauma, he is having a hard time getting around.  Neighbors didn't check on him today--maybe they are afraid of what we will do!  Maybe tomorrow will show improvement :thumbup;

rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #971 on: February 28, 2008, 11:19:23 PM »

Did you go through the additional options and use the attach box?

Was the file too big? (limit is 1024kb) Or the wrong type? (this type works: txt, doc, pdf, jpg, gif, png, wma)
I did use the attach box but not sure of the file size or type - it was just one photograph?  I'll try again later (it's 7 a.m. here and I should be in the shower)  Thanks for the advice.

Paris I hope today Styx is showing signs of getting better. Sending him another gentle hug  :cuddle;
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #972 on: February 29, 2008, 06:44:43 AM »

Thanks Bill, good advice.  I hope I never have to use it!   Styx is doing a little better today. The swelling is down some and the eye is about 1/4 open.  AlohaBeth is spoiling him and he looks at her as if to say "please just lie down here with me".   Sad old dog.  Doggie aspirin seems to be helping the aches and pains.  Maybe he will let me wash his face today. Maybe I will wait until Beth can help me!   Thanks for all your comforting posts :cuddle;

Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #973 on: February 29, 2008, 12:04:34 PM »

Oh Paris, that's horrible. Really, your neighbour should pay the vet bill. It's good that they were considerate enough to check on Styx's progress, it sounds like they want to do the right thing.
kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #974 on: February 29, 2008, 04:24:20 PM »

Paris OMG that's a sad story!  I am so sorry!  It looks like Styx is very much the lover.  My heart goes out to you guys.  AB take good care of him!!

Married - three children.
Alports female, diagnosed ESRD 10/04
11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
2/3/09 - Transplant from an angel of a friend!!!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »