I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2024, 09:37:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413618 times)
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #450 on: June 28, 2007, 11:35:32 AM »

Bingo is adorable!!!! And puppy is sooo cute!!!!  Lucky is so pretty, I like how his ears are perked up, he was paying attention!

I really enjoy seeing everyone's pets. Thanks for all the great pictures, everyone!
Chicken Little

« Reply #451 on: June 28, 2007, 12:01:14 PM »

Chicken Little - Bingo is so cute!  Too funny about Puppy!   :D

KT - Lucky is a beautiful dog!  How wonderful that you adopted him, both of mine are adopted too.

Does anyone have kooky names for their pets toys?  Bingo's puppy made me think of what we call our dogs toys.  Years ago Skye has associated the word "Daddy" with her toys.  How she ever associated that word with a toy,  we have no idea!  It's funny when people first here us call out to Skye, "go get your Daddy" and she comes up to us with a toy in her mouth.   It's even better when friends and family tell her the same thing!   :rofl;

Lucky is adorable!

Yep, Bingo knows all his toys by name.   He must have about 50 of them, but frisbee rules. 

When my dad was alive he used to play soccer with Bingo.   Now when I say Daddy, and my hubby isn't home, Bingo will go get the soccer ball.  It's so sweet, but :'( 

KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #452 on: June 29, 2007, 10:37:07 AM »

Chicken, that is sweet...you're right, I want to  :'( too.

We don't have any names for Lucky's toys, but boy does he love them! Especially his squeaky tennis ball. He'll play with that all by himself for 30 minutes or more! His golden retriever side definately shows in that he is the eternal puppy.

MyssAnne, yeah, I kinda like his ears, too. About the only times they lay down is when he's really hyper or when he's just woken up, so I can always tell if he's been asleep when I get home. Hehehe.

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #453 on: July 07, 2007, 04:12:21 AM »

Midgy the "bouncer".  ;)

tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #454 on: July 07, 2007, 05:06:47 AM »

Midgy the "bouncer". ;)

:rofl;

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #455 on: July 07, 2007, 10:05:06 AM »

Oh man I can see I'm not getting into Midgy's club anytime soon !1!

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #456 on: July 07, 2007, 12:48:27 PM »

You all will not believe this but i think Xena is part dog.  She brought her little plastic ball (with a bell in it) to my bed and was playing with it while i was trying to take a nap, she was making so much noise i got the ball and threw it, guess what she did, she went and got it and brought it back to me so i threw it again, she went and got it and brought it back each and every time, we played fetch for so long, i got tired of throwing it and what did she do when i wouldnt throw it, she picked it up and dropped it by my hand and was tapping my hand with her paw  :o  I called Sam to witness it and he thinks we are both nuts, lol,  :urcrazy;    :clap;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #457 on: July 07, 2007, 01:42:36 PM »

Midgy the "bouncer".  ;)

Glad to see you have some protection Manda!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #458 on: July 07, 2007, 06:44:06 PM »

My Siamese cat has decided since I am on vacation I can only sleep in so long, then I have to be up.  So she picks that spot in our bedroom where the acoustics will    echo her meow and meows at me until I am up.  These are intermittent meows spaced apart just enough to be annoying.  I finally gave up this morning and got up to feed her. She and Nanny, one of the other cats, led me to the kitchen and raised a racket while I fed them wet cat food.  You would think I never fed them anything in their entire lives!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #459 on: July 07, 2007, 10:25:35 PM »

My family has had several Siamese cats that liked to play fetch - I think it's a pretty common trait for Siamese, actually.  And no, they don't tire of it easily!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #460 on: July 09, 2007, 06:23:33 AM »

You all will not believe this but i think Xena is part dog.  She brought her little plastic ball (with a bell in it) to my bed and was playing with it while i was trying to take a nap, she was making so much noise i got the ball and threw it, guess what she did, she went and got it and brought it back to me so i threw it again, she went and got it and brought it back each and every time, we played fetch for so long, i got tired of throwing it and what did she do when i wouldn't throw it, she picked it up and dropped it by my hand and was tapping my hand with her paw  :o  I called Sam to witness it and he thinks we are both nuts, lol,  :urcrazy;    :clap;

I have several cats that do that with the catnip socks and little foam balls but one of them does that with Q-Tips.

It's not easy being green.
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #461 on: July 10, 2007, 04:56:46 PM »

After seeing pictures and hearing all the cute cat stories i have been converted to a cat lover!   ;D
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #462 on: July 11, 2007, 02:04:07 AM »

oh my gosh Amanda that's a big admission since you're a known dog person!!! :)

I was just thinking last night how special Celeste is to me and how I don't know what I'd do without her!

I came home from dialysis and needed a (cat) nap and there she was as usual at the door greeting me with a meow and a roll on her back for a tummyrub.. so I gave her that then felt tired so went to the bedroom.. now she knows me SO well she jumped up on the bed but waited to the side for me to lie down and then she gently hopped up and snuggled on my chest giving me a little headbutt (that's her sort of equivalent of a kiss I guess) and she just sat with me quietly (keeping me warm too!!) and it was just so comfortable and special that I knew she understood where I was at.. she didn't bug me to feed her (though I imagine she was hungry) or anything she just sat while I had my cat nap (with real cat!) and I just lay there thinking where would I be without her? It's like she's been with me so long (3.5 years now) that we have this understanding and that is such a special bond.... even more special since we can't communicate with language.. but I just know she understands.

I always love seeing her when I get home and it's very hard to leave her when I get up because she always likes to snuggle :)

So Amanda.. are you going to perhaps procure a 4 legged feline for your very own?!?!

27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #463 on: July 11, 2007, 05:30:25 AM »

My Dog is better than any cat.  >:D OK bring it on cat lovers!!
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #464 on: July 11, 2007, 07:01:51 AM »

Now Richard when i said i had been "converted", i meant that i never use to like cats... but i do now. But like sluff said My dog is better then any cat.  >:D

And the truth is i only have enough love for one 4 legged friend... Even if something would happen to my dog, i don't see myself ever getting another animal. I would feel like I'm replacing him. I will stay faithful to him.  ;)

But your story Richard was sweet. I think our pets can sense exactly how we feel. Midgy waits patiently every morning by my dialysis machine waiting for me to come on. And if i decide to sleep in one morning, he will come upstairs and see whats taking me so long.... SO cute!
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #465 on: July 11, 2007, 10:00:02 AM »

Now Richard when i said i had been "converted", i meant that i never use to like cats... but i do now. But like sluff said My dog is better then any cat.  >:D

And the truth is i only have enough love for one 4 legged friend... Even if something would happen to my dog, i don't see myself ever getting another animal. I would feel like I'm replacing him. I will stay faithful to him.  ;)

But your story Richard was sweet. I think our pets can sense exactly how we feel. Midgy waits patiently every morning by my dialysis machine waiting for me to come on. And if i decide to sleep in one morning, he will come upstairs and see whats taking me so long.... SO cute!

I bet Midgy would like havin a brother or sister, or a "cousin" CAT!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #466 on: July 13, 2007, 12:24:15 AM »

That's ok - I can respect anyone's preferences/decisions on a pet... although I don't really like the term pet... I mean they ARE a member of the family!!! Heck, Celeste is the cloest thing I'll ever have to a child and what's more convenient?? She cleans herself!!! :D

Just because I'm not a dog person doesn't mean I can't apprieciate what our furry friends (of whatever sort) mean to us. Midgy seems so sweet! :)

They are not just "animals" - I definitely think they are part of the family and you have a special bond with those in your life.. specially the longer you spend "together" and I *know* that Celeste doesn't stay with me for the food and warm bed... You can tell that she really does care in her own catty way. Anyone who thinks cats are aloof and cold just haven't met the right one for them.

One of the greatest joys I have in life right now is coming home to my "little girl" and having her snuggle up with me all warm and snug when everything else is done. That's very important to me.

Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #467 on: July 13, 2007, 01:03:03 AM »

Amanda,  Midgy is so darned cute!!!

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Rose From OZ

« Reply #468 on: August 17, 2007, 02:09:47 AM »

I know Amanda has added photo's of Midgy already, But this one is my favorite. I call it "Snug as a Bug".  ;D
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #469 on: August 17, 2007, 02:22:31 AM »

Oh my gosh, Rose, I have a photo just like that of the late (ever-cherished) Diesel, my old bully X pit bull. I'll find it and scan it, and add it here.

RIP Diesel - 1988 - 2006 (yep, you heard me right, he really was that old).

EDIT: My gosh, I found literally dozens of photos of Diesel looking uber-comfortable - it seems all that dog did was lie around!  :D

Here's two pics, one is our "snug as a bug" where we tucked his blankets right around him and into his round bed, and the other is him looking all tuckered out on his trampoline bed.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 02:32:42 AM by cycobully » Logged
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #470 on: August 17, 2007, 02:56:52 AM »

Aww Cycobully diesel was such a cutie! and what a great gift to you all that he lived such a long life. 

:angel;
Diesel

Amanda
xxoo
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #471 on: August 17, 2007, 04:09:46 AM »

I think my dogs just have a real cushy lifestyle. Chloe (the smaller white bully, on the right, in my avatar) is 14, but you wouldn't know it.
skyedogrocks

Rob showing off his pot of gold!

« Reply #472 on: August 17, 2007, 05:22:03 AM »

Oh my gosh, these pictures are so cute!  My Lukey Dukey LOVES to snuggle under the blankets.  I was chilling out the other night on the couch, he jumped up and dove underneath my blanket and stayed there until I helped unhook Rob.  This is a 65 pound dog, and man does he throw off some heat! 

I think all of our pets should live a really cush lifestyle!!!

Wife to Rob who is currently doing Nx Stage Home Hemo Dialysis.

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #473 on: August 17, 2007, 10:58:02 AM »

Fish are pets.... right? LOL

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #474 on: August 17, 2007, 04:32:32 PM »

They are indeed!  :)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 84 Go Up Print