I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2024, 09:40:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413619 times)
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #425 on: June 14, 2007, 01:06:20 AM »

How cute!!

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #426 on: June 14, 2007, 09:59:52 AM »

Great pet pics everyone!   :2thumbsup;

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #427 on: June 14, 2007, 10:10:57 AM »

Maisha, he is sooo cute and cuddly!!!! How adorable!!!
maisha_r

Just a beautiful place....

« Reply #428 on: June 14, 2007, 05:12:08 PM »

Louise,  this little brat has been with me 6years,  i have tried all but if you get a ramp for him,  he would still go to the end of bed and starts barking ha ha ha  and i cannot even yell at him,  i have done it and he just runs under my bed and believe me or not he would be all sensitive until next day per hours!!!! so who say animals do not have feelings? hahahah They make my world happy. Oh I even got a babby bed or how is called not sure those little ones you put on your side for baby... so i got one and he still do the same bark bark... Oh i give up!  Now please someone tell me do i need to reply for each one of you or how do we do this?  like to the ones that make comments to my post? well while i learn that for the ones talking about joe,  he has got to much abuse and  sometimes is hard to deal with him, but he is really a sweet dog,  with bad hair but good  :D i have big problems to get into his hair to trim and do not mention toenails.   In fact I have ordered some blades to attempt to groom all the dogs, oh hard work!

"I would like to walk where life leaves deep marks" s.r
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #429 on: June 15, 2007, 12:41:43 AM »

It warms my heart to know that your pets make you so happy Maisha, i admire ALL animal lovers cuz i am one myself ;)  :2thumbsup;  As for replying to the posts, no, you dont have to reply to each of them, you can wait until after a few replies have been posted and then post again, however you wish to do it is fine with us ;)   Thank you for asking  :thx;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #430 on: June 15, 2007, 02:01:32 AM »

Sounds like you're providing a great life for these little guys maisha, and if you're happy to do the running around after them, then there's nothing wrong with that! They're your dogs, and your the one who must be happy. Good on you.

As for replies, you can reply to whoever you like! You don't have to send separate posts for every single person who comments to you, forums don't necessarily work like that, they're a bit more informal.

Look forward to talking more animal-talk with you?  :thumbup;
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #431 on: June 17, 2007, 05:58:07 PM »

I never posted a pic of Ming the Siamese!  (I think) Here she is in all her Siamese glory!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #432 on: June 17, 2007, 06:08:35 PM »

Okay here are more pet pics of my pets.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
maisha_r

Just a beautiful place....

« Reply #433 on: June 17, 2007, 06:39:03 PM »

Thanks for replying about my question,   just getting use to the site,  I have never used a forum before. And one more thing is that I am still working in memorizing your  names, well if possible because sometimes I do not  even remember  mine  ;D I do like all the pictures,  I do really like all,  but when I think about the topic that little chihuahua with long hair gets to my mind,  he looks so cute!.  Oh bealive me I would never have enough dogs.... I hope we keep in sharing about our pets.

"I would like to walk where life leaves deep marks" s.r
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #434 on: June 18, 2007, 06:44:29 PM »

I adore dogs, but I'm different to you on that front maisha. I have two, currently, and couldn't cope with any more. I used to have three, which was fine for a while, but as my kidney failure progressed, it got harder to care for them.

In January 2006, our elderly bull terrier X pit bull, Diesel, was put to sleep aged 18. I didn't replace him, I have stuck with two, which is a comfortable number for me now.

but I do understand when you say you can never have enough, 'cause I was a bit like that at one stage, too!  :2thumbsup;
tubes

Miss you so much Susie. Will always <3 you!

« Reply #435 on: June 24, 2007, 07:21:43 PM »

I liked this pic alot.  It's Jake in action, catching his ball.  :D

"To be happy is the choice I wish to make in spite of the circumstances that are strewn in my path."

1996 - started incenter hemo
a few months later, started PD
2005 - started incenter hemo
AGAIN
  - on transplant list as of August 7, 2009.
2011/June - 15 years on "D"
Transplant - Tuesday October 18th 2011
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #436 on: June 24, 2007, 08:21:14 PM »

Cool picture Tubes.
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #437 on: June 25, 2007, 01:17:27 AM »

Awesome pic. Action shots are sometimes the absolute best.  :2thumbsup;
tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #438 on: June 25, 2007, 03:03:06 AM »

Woofa in "action" LOL
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 03:05:31 AM by tamara » Logged

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #439 on: June 25, 2007, 04:18:01 AM »

This is the infamous Woofa who escaped to find better food elsewhere? He is so cute!!!!   Tubes, I love your dog. Beautiful shot!
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #440 on: June 25, 2007, 04:29:46 AM »

Woofa looks like he's doing what I wish I could sometimes...sleeping :lol;
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #441 on: June 25, 2007, 04:34:57 AM »

Woofa in "action" LOL

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA. That's what I spent this afternoon doing, actually.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #442 on: June 25, 2007, 01:08:42 PM »

Awww, He looks so comfy, hope you got to snuggle with him for a bit before he woke up (that is if he was willing to share the couch with you) :)

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
skyedogrocks

Rob showing off his pot of gold!

« Reply #443 on: June 26, 2007, 07:07:59 AM »

Tubes - great action shot!!  What a cutie

Tamara - OMG, love that picture, so precious!  I love when my dogs are all sleepy looking like that.  I usually can't help myself from scooping them up and showering them with hugs and kisses.  It's hard to scoop up my lab Skye, so I usually get half the body (the good half, lol).

Wife to Rob who is currently doing Nx Stage Home Hemo Dialysis.

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #444 on: June 27, 2007, 06:43:20 PM »

Tubes great shot.  :thumbup;

and Tamara woofa looks SO cute in that picture!! Adorable!!
Chicken Little

« Reply #445 on: June 27, 2007, 07:10:03 PM »

I caught Bingo snuggling his puppy on the couch.  We rarely see puppy and we aren't allowed to touch him.  Bingo will go hide puppy now that we've noticed.   :urcrazy;

Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #446 on: June 28, 2007, 05:21:04 AM »

Too cute, Chickenlittle!
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #447 on: June 28, 2007, 05:25:52 AM »

I love all the pictures!! Thanks everyone for sharing.

Here is a picture of our dog, Lucky. He absolutely earned his name. He was rescued from a high-kill shelter as a puppy and was on the "last row", as we were told. He was then adopted by another family who had him for probably six to nine months, but lost jobs forced a move into an apartment and they did not have room for him, so they returned him to the no-kill shelter where they had originally found him, and that's where we got him from. He's about 18 months old, 60 pounds or so, and the best dog a family with an active son could want. He adores my son, and helps wake him up in the mornings and does prayers with us at night...sometimes even putting his head on our hands. He's golden retriever/german shepard/chow mix.

We've gotten him a summer haircut since this picture was taken, and he's not quite as shaggy as this one makes him look. I'll try to get a more recent picture in sometime soon.

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
skyedogrocks

Rob showing off his pot of gold!

« Reply #448 on: June 28, 2007, 05:35:46 AM »

Chicken Little - Bingo is so cute!  Too funny about Puppy!   :D

KT - Lucky is a beautiful dog!  How wonderful that you adopted him, both of mine are adopted too.

Does anyone have kooky names for their pets toys?  Bingo's puppy made me think of what we call our dogs toys.  Years ago Skye has associated the word "Daddy" with her toys.  How she ever associated that word with a toy,  we have no idea!  It's funny when people first here us call out to Skye, "go get your Daddy" and she comes up to us with a toy in her mouth.   It's even better when friends and family tell her the same thing!   :rofl;

Wife to Rob who is currently doing Nx Stage Home Hemo Dialysis.

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #449 on: June 28, 2007, 05:52:31 AM »

No, we don't have names for their toys, but they do have "blankies"  :D

However, the dogs themselves get all sorts of nicknames, usually stemming from their own names. My husband is much worse at doing this than I am.

E.g. Chloe gets Chloe-Bowie, Chlo-Bow, Chlo-Chlo, Chloster Toaster, Soup n' toast (??!!) - also, when she got chubby we nicknamed her Porky which then became Porkle which then became Snorkle. If you just heard her being called "Snorkle" or "Soup n Toast" you would wonder WHY. But when I type out the progressions like this.... you get the picture. lol. She's also known as "Queen Chloe", which is just an attitude thing. She really thinks she's Miss Muck that one! She's not averse to turning up her nose.

Dorothy - gets Dotti, Dotti-Monster, Dottle, Waddles. I also call her Slobberdog Molosserbitch (she slobbers a lot when she drinks, and if you delve far enough into the bull terrier history, they DO have a mastiff background so the "molosser" - the ancient roman mastiff - reference is accurate) and Mark came out with a new name for her the other day. In the movie "Labyrinth" with David Bowie, there was a "bog of eternal stench" - Mark decided to label Dorothy the "dog of eternal stench".  :rofl; She hasn't had a bath for a while, with me being in hospital and all.

When we had Diesel, the progression went something like Diesy, Diesy-boy, Diesy-Cheesy, Cheesy-Wheezy, Cheezel (do you have Cheezels in the US?) but most of the time I just called him "bubby" or "bubby boy" 'cause he was my big sook and he made a big sook out of me, too. But he was commonly just called "Matey" and that's what we put on his headstone.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »