I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2024, 11:23:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413621 times)
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #400 on: May 28, 2007, 12:59:37 AM »

CB the avatar pic is so cute... it always makes me think of Gromit from Wallace & Gromit...

both pooches are cuties... and you have to understand - I am a CAT MAN - I never really liked or get on well with dogs... and they hate me... so this is a big admission!!!

Oh yeah I also like Snoopy and Fred Bassett.... (and I think Garfield is a lazy slob)

yes, very sad I know!

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #401 on: May 28, 2007, 01:26:21 AM »

lol, I like Fred Basset, too! But then, I like bassetts.  :2thumbsup;
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #402 on: May 28, 2007, 01:27:19 AM »

btw, Nelly is just TOO cute! Everyone's pet pics are just too cute, let's face it.
brenda

« Reply #403 on: May 28, 2007, 12:14:28 PM »

My little camping buddy.

Life is what happens while your making other plans.
skyedogrocks

Rob showing off his pot of gold!

« Reply #404 on: May 31, 2007, 11:31:12 AM »

Oh my gosh, everyones pets are just so adorable!  Love it!

We have 2 dogs.  Skye is a 10 yo lab and Luke is a 1 1/2 yo German Shorthaired Pointer.  We adopted Skye at the age of 5 and just this year we brought Luke into our family.  We thought Skye was starting to get lonely and a bit depressed.  Since puppies and little dogs scare her, we thought we would go with a young dog.  We adopted Luke in February.

Skye is a very sweet and passive dog.  Everyone who meets her just loves her to death and says how they would love a dog with her tempermant.  Luke, hmmm, he's my wild child.  He is a maniac!  Pointers are known for their high energy and boy does he have it.  He is mostly chocolate, so everyone thinks he's a lab.  He is also scared of everything!  He will bark at the baby gates around the house and then come running to us and stand behind us.  He just cracks us up.  Skye is very tolerant of him and only growls at him when he is stealing her flippies or toys  :D.  It's cute to watch them curl up around each other and sleep and these are big dogs!

Sadly, my Skye doesn't have much time with us.  She is a very large lab (100 lbs) and has the typical hip problems associated with labs.  We had xrays done every year and  this year our Vet said they were the worst he has ever seen.  We asked about operating on her hips, but since she is 10, he doesn't recommend it.  The ordeal would be so hard on her and he doesn't know how well she recover  :(.  So, we are just dealing with it day to day.  She takes painkillers to help ease the pain.  We know that once she can't get up on her couch (yes the dogs have their own leather couch for a bed!) then we know it's time.  I know I will be a wreck!  She's my baby!  I work from home, so I am with the dogs all day.  They really become  our "children".

I don't know how to paste their picture, so I'll just attach it.

Larraine

Wife to Rob who is currently doing Nx Stage Home Hemo Dialysis.

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #405 on: May 31, 2007, 11:49:30 AM »

Skye is a very sweet and passive dog.  Everyone who meets her just loves her to death and says how they would love a dog with her temperament.
I have a yellow lab / golden retriever mix named Aurora that looks just your Skye with the exception that she has the slightly longer retriever hair.

She is a very large lab (100 lbs) and has the typical hip problems associated with labs.
We are also worried about Aurora hips since we know it's a common problem in both of her breeds.

We know that once she can't get up on her couch (yes the dogs have their own leather couch for a bed!) then we know it's time.
You are not alone on the dog couch bed.  When we decided to get a new couch for us we kept the old couch for extra seating and let the dogs use it.  It's really funny to see the look the dogs give someone if they sit on that couch.  It's like they are saying "Hey that's my bed your sitting on".

It's not easy being green.
skyedogrocks

« Reply #406 on: May 31, 2007, 12:05:58 PM »

Hawkeye - How old is Aurora?  Lab/Golden is such a beautiful mix!  But oh the dog hair you must have!  Our Dyson vacuum is just a Godsend.  We also have Skye on Glucosomine (i know i botched the spelling) and it also heps her.  Have you tried that?

We recently got a new couch, so now the dogs really do have their own bed.  They too give the look if someone sits down on their "bed".  It's so funny!

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #407 on: May 31, 2007, 12:14:02 PM »

Hawkeye - How old is Aurora?
She is only about 3yrs old

Lab/Golden is such a beautiful mix!  But oh the dog hair you must have!  Our Dyson vacuum is just a Godsend.
We keep her well brushed and take her to the groomer regularly along with the rest of our brood, so the pet hair isn't really that bad.  We have a newer bagless Dirt Devil, and we use Arm N Hammer pet hair release formula carpet powder before we vacuum.  It really helps alot.

We also have Skye on Glucosomine (i know i botched the spelling) and it also heps her.  Have you tried that?
We have several older pets we use Glucosomine for, and we give her some too just to help for the long run.

It's not easy being green.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #408 on: May 31, 2007, 12:38:12 PM »

skye and luke are handsome dogs.
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #409 on: May 31, 2007, 07:32:16 PM »

Here are some pictures of midgy out by the winter sun taking a nap this morning.... he was not pleased with me waking him up!!

And yes midgy has more clothing then "tinkerbell".  ;D

« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 04:33:58 AM by Amanda From OZ » Logged
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #410 on: May 31, 2007, 07:58:36 PM »

my baby 'LOLA"

EDITED: Re-sized Picture - Sluff/ Admin
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 08:42:36 PM by Sluff » Logged

lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #411 on: May 31, 2007, 08:00:17 PM »

sorry i messed up on size please forgive me!!! :oops;

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #412 on: May 31, 2007, 08:43:47 PM »

Forgiven.   Cute dog.

Amanda cool clothes but does midgy have any IHD clothes yet?
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #413 on: May 31, 2007, 09:48:59 PM »

Awww, Luke and Skye are awesome looking dogs (and very pampered too as well)  lucky dogs  :2thumbsup;

Amanda, Midgy doesnt look mad cuz you woke him up, he looks pissed for making him wear them clothes  ::)

And Lola, i love your dog especially, i had a Boston Terrier (stinkiest farting dog i ever had)  :P but he was the best, well mannered and protecting dog, I miss you Sniper  :'(

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #414 on: May 31, 2007, 09:56:18 PM »

Here is my Xena,  I cannot have a moment of peace on the pc cuz she comes to get right in front of it so i pay attention to her instead, lol, she is too much, when she gives up, she has her spot where she just lays and chills until i start paying attention to her again,  dont'cha just love her? :)

www.kidneyoogle.com
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #415 on: May 31, 2007, 10:33:59 PM »

What a cutie. I will have pics up of my cats once I get them off of my camera.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #416 on: May 31, 2007, 11:30:40 PM »

ahhah Xena has quickly discovered dual heaven... she can sit next to the PC and get warmth from that AND keep tabs on mom!!

that's very sweet :)

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #417 on: June 01, 2007, 03:26:22 AM »

Forgiven. Cute dog.
Amanda cool clothes but does midgy have any IHD clothes yet?

Do you have his size? ;) ........ he might like the mug... he could drink from that!

Amanda, Midgy doesn't look mad cuz you woke him up, he looks pissed for making him wear them clothes ::)

Well my sister is responsible for midgys clothing! but to tell you the truth he loves it! He usually waits for us to put his jacket on in winter..... it also seems to help his arthritis because it helps keep his back warm.

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #418 on: June 01, 2007, 04:09:58 AM »

Goofynina, Xena looks as if she had not had her morning coffee yet..in the first picture.  :lol;
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #419 on: June 01, 2007, 05:41:24 AM »

(stinkiest farting dog i ever had)   Goof  you couldn't have said it better she knocks us out :boxing;

skyedogrocks

« Reply #420 on: June 01, 2007, 08:18:04 AM »

Nina - What a beautiful cat!  So pretty!

Lola is so cute!  As is Midgy!

I marvel at how cats and dogs can live together.  My dogs really don't like cats at all.  Luke wants to race after them all the time.  Little does he know, they would probaby kick his butt!!!  :rofl;

Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #421 on: June 09, 2007, 12:53:36 AM »

Awww, some great photos posted since I last checked into this thread!
maisha_r

Just a beautiful place....

« Reply #422 on: June 13, 2007, 03:43:58 PM »

I enjoyed looking all the pictures of your pets posted.  I do have 2 minuature poodles,  one pomerian and the last one i rescued is a mix poodle with maltese, this one baby went through a lot of abuse, that he even lost one eye... maybe is why I do specially love him even my all dogs have place in my heart.  I am their maid specially the pomerian as he got short legs cannot get on beds or sofas on his own,  so how he asks is by barking... if he is ignored then he barks louder God help!  me right there I must stop doing whatever it is and do what the master wishes.  middle of thie night he is thirsty (and no not diabetes.) so starts panting until he wakes me up... then would come back and even i already fall asleep he would unsure I hear his bark to get back to bed.  Not matter what they do  I do adore them.  I am attaching pic of my pom his name rocky and is 6 yr old,  then my mixed poodle joe,  he is probably 3 yr old..

"I would like to walk where life leaves deep marks" s.r
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #423 on: June 13, 2007, 07:55:07 PM »

Very cute, maisha! But oh, how spoiled! Perhaps you cold build the pom some steps or a ramp and teach him to use it, so he doesn't "demand" and push you around like that.

I spoil my dogs too, but it really isn't good to be at their beck and call! Anyways, I'm not criticising you, your pets all sounds beautiful and I'm glad you love them so much.
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #424 on: June 13, 2007, 10:08:36 PM »

Maisha,  I think i am in love with Joe,  he looks so soft and cuddly, and i admire you for your patience with Rocky, ;)  they are so lucky to have you in their lives.   :2thumbsup;

www.kidneyoogle.com
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »