I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2024, 11:43:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413622 times)
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #375 on: May 17, 2007, 08:20:28 PM »

"Hucklebutts"?  LOL  I like that.  When my cat acts like that, we call it "fruiting".

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

jonn r

my little girl maiah

« Reply #376 on: May 18, 2007, 09:29:56 PM »

**** DEAD LINK****  This is why we don't allow links to pictures.

EDITED: Sluff/ Admin
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 03:50:17 AM by Sluff » Logged
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #377 on: May 18, 2007, 10:39:14 PM »

John?  I am not sure if it is something i am doing wrong but there is no pic in your post, can you please check.  Thank you,  :beer1;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #378 on: May 19, 2007, 08:51:53 AM »

lol when my cat gets excited.. like when I come home and she is saying hello to me she sometimes gets so excited and snorts/purs a bit as she walks around in circles so she can rub against me or headbutt me or roll over for a tummy rub etc.... it's so adorable because I can just tell how happy she is to see me and that warms my heart.

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #379 on: May 23, 2007, 02:43:15 PM »

I used to have a cat that would head butt when he wanted attention.  He had grown up in a frat house, and I think they fed him nothing but beer and pizza, because when I got him, he was almost 30 pounds, most of it chubb.  If you didn't see him headed for you and brace before the head butt, he was hefty enough to knock you over!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #380 on: May 23, 2007, 04:26:33 PM »

Just had to tell you what Xena is doing now,  at night right before i hook up, i am usually on the pc so she is on my desk bothering me so i end up going to bed and taking her with me until its time to hook up,  when it is time to hook up, i have to put her out of my room and shut my door cuz i have caught her chewing on my tubes and the last thing i need is a bout of peritonitis,  anyways, all night, i hear her at my door trying to come in, from her reaching the door knob to her trying to pull the door open with her nails, poor baby,  in the morning when i get up, she has all her toys all at the outside of my door, now, she also drags my stuffed animals that i have on a shelf in my office, she drags them and puts them by my door as well, isnt she too much, i just love her to death  :clap;

www.kidneyoogle.com
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #381 on: May 23, 2007, 04:35:58 PM »

OH Susie that is so cute!!  :cuddle; i have never really been a cat person before but everyones stories are converting me!!
kianhu

« Reply #382 on: May 23, 2007, 09:07:55 PM »

Please post pics of your cats.   :pics;

Kimberly
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #383 on: May 24, 2007, 07:51:31 AM »

oh that is so adorable... Xena can't get in so she drags things of yours and her toys to where she can wait for you.. sort of like "if I can't be with mom I will have parts of her I like here and my toys while I wait"

how sweet.... I bet you would so love to hsve Xena in there with you but important to keep her out.. I am sure she understands that it's not because you don't want her there and  you love her :)

thanks for the story :)

27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #384 on: May 24, 2007, 09:12:46 AM »

Such cute story, goofynina. How does Jane like the new cat?
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #385 on: May 24, 2007, 09:23:48 AM »

OMG, Thank you for asking, i made the stupid mistake of trying to introduce them on Saturday,  :o  Lemme tell you what happend,  First of all, Xena always played on or around the loveseat which is by the back sliding door.  Jane always is by the window looking in, so she would just stare at Xena kinda looking like "what the hell is that" kinda look, then Jane went through the stage of growling at her so i would squirt her with a water bottle whenever she growled, after a couple weeks of that, they finally started playing (through the window that is)  it was the cutest thing, Jane would be outside jumping back and forth (as big as she is) and Xena would be rolling around on her back just being her cute silly "Warrioristic" self ;)  well, on Saturday, i figured, ok, its time, now i must tell you, before we got Xena, Jane would come inside all the time, but she hadnt been in since we got Xena,  soooooo, when i gave her the go ahead to come in,GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY,,, She jammed in and started chasing Xena behind the sofa's, knocking over the plants, all the papers on my coffee table, she chased her to my office, under my desk, they ripped cords out of the wall, Xena finally ran under my bed, now all the while, i am screaming my head off at Jane and the cat is hissing and Jane is growling and i'm 'bout ready to shit my pants cuz i am thinking this damn dog is going to eat my cat,  I finally got Jane out of the house (licking her chops) and it took a long time to get Xena to come out from under the bed, but she did, she just will NOT go anywhere near that little couch, my poor baby, i have traumatized her, i am such a bad mama  :oops;

But thank you for asking ;)  :P

www.kidneyoogle.com
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #386 on: May 24, 2007, 06:49:56 PM »

You crack me up. You let the dog, who you know will kill anything in the house with your cat. Hahahaha!  You are so silly!  :popcorn;

:bandance; :bandance; :sarcasm; :bandance; :bandance;

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #387 on: May 24, 2007, 07:18:50 PM »

Oh goodness! How stressful goofynina! but I have to admit I lol'd, though I shouldn't have - poor kitty!

Perhaps try an introduction with Jane on leash next time, though the cat will probably just run away.  :)
kianhu

« Reply #388 on: May 24, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »

:rofl;  poor kitty

EDITED: Fixed  :rofl; icon - Sluff/ Admin
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 07:30:43 PM by Sluff » Logged

Kimberly
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #389 on: May 24, 2007, 07:32:42 PM »

Poor xena she probably shit her pants.
kianhu

« Reply #390 on: May 24, 2007, 07:47:45 PM »

Your cat wears pants?    :rofl; :clap;

Kimberly
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #391 on: May 25, 2007, 12:24:26 AM »

Poor cat  :lol;  Dog -1 Cat -0   Now, let me tell you my dog & cat story

Most of you know Bucky (my chihuahua) , well years ago when he was 1 year old, the family and I brought him along to Massachusetts to a friends house. Little did I know, the friends cat had just had kittens & Bucky wandered off finding the kittens. The mother cat went into phsyco mode on Bucky slapping the heck out of him, Bucky ran down the steps with the cat right on his 6 then up under the lazyboy chair I was sitting in, into the springs of the chair. To this day he runs when he sees cats.  ;D

Dog 1 Cat 1

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #392 on: May 25, 2007, 12:26:25 AM »

I recall a BIG white cat my grandma used to have, called Snowy. Grandma also had a small fox terrier type dog named Spot that was terrified of that cat. Snowy was pretty vicious! To be fair, Snowy was bigger than Spot.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #393 on: May 25, 2007, 01:15:59 AM »

oh dear Nina that wasn't the best introduction.

I think the best way to handle it, which may be difficult now that Xena would associate Jane with "quick I must hide under bed or in safe place NOW!" is to get them together in one room, but in a controlled way.. Jane on leash etc so you can pull her back if she has a go at Xena.. perhaps even try to get Jane to sit still so Xena can sniff her etc... but you do it in a controlled way so they can't run through the house causing mayhem and out of your control.

Perhaps when Xena is a little bigger.. :)

Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #394 on: May 25, 2007, 06:27:19 AM »

When I was younger we had a dog and cat that liked each other and would actually play tag.  The dog would be laying there sleeping or just being a lazy dog and the cat would come up and bop the dog on the head and chase would ensue.  They never hurt each other just played.  The dog would do the same kind of thing to the cat and off they would go again.  I was the neatest thing to watch except for the first couple of times it happened before we figured out they were just playing.

It's not easy being green.
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #395 on: May 25, 2007, 02:12:52 PM »

That is just it Hawkeye,  i have always had cats and dogs and they have always gotten along, that is why i want these two to get along also, but i think since i got Jane at an older age makes all the difference, i love to see cats and dogs together, and i am not going to give up,  RichardMel, your idea sounds great, and whenever you have time, i'd love for you to be the one to "introduce" these two cuz after my last experience, i say UNH UH, not me, no waaaaay Jose, lol,   :popcorn;

www.kidneyoogle.com
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #396 on: May 25, 2007, 10:44:04 PM »

I'd dare not bring a cat anywhere near my girls.

My old male dog, when I still had him, he was a different story. He hated cats, but he knew if he wasn't allowed to hurt a particular one. My mother in law had a cat which he hated. He would bail the cat up against the fence and bark at it, but he wouldn't dare touch it.

Then I got a cat of my own, and he didn't hurt her either - and I"ll be darned if they didn't become the best of friends. It was just adorable to see this big pit bull X sleeping on the floor with this little black kitten asleep between his front and back paws. That cat got hit by a car at the age of 6 months, and Diesel was devastated. That was the reason we got Chloe, our little white bull terrier, just so he would have some company. I'd lost 3 cats at an early stage, so I gave up on cats. Was never a huge cat fan anyway, actually, but I had originally got cats because I lived in a flat where I couldn't have dogs.

Anyway, when Diesel got to age 12 and had 2 cancers (one on top of the other) removed from his eye, we thought - he hasn't got long. We better get another dog to keep Chloe company. So we got Dorothy (that's her in my avatar, when she was little). So we brought her home, but Diesel just kept on kicking on. He lived until he was almost 18.

Chloe is now 13 and Dorothy is 7.5
brenda

« Reply #397 on: May 27, 2007, 04:35:55 AM »

My pup, Nelly, doesn't like cats at all. You even whisper the word "kitty" and she goes crazy.

Life is what happens while your making other plans.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #398 on: May 27, 2007, 06:54:37 AM »

Nice picture Brenda, like the boat too. You are living the dream in my eyes. Beautiful family, hiking, boating...hmmm are you single?
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #399 on: May 27, 2007, 03:48:25 PM »

Nice picture Brenda, like the boat too. You are living the dream in my eyes. Beautiful family, hiking, boating...hmmm are you single?

Umm Sluff?  Aren't YOU married??   :popcorn;

www.kidneyoogle.com
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »