I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2024, 06:36:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413650 times)
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2007, 11:56:26 AM »

What great pets and stories and names...

I don't think that 'sheltie mix' has any sheltie in him, but hey, who cares? 

I agree about Scooter not having any sheltie in him. He's a mut but a darned good mut.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2007, 03:38:26 PM »

What great pets and stories and names...

I don't think that 'sheltie mix' has any sheltie in him, but hey, who cares? 

I agree about Scooter not having any sheltie in him. He's a mut but a darned good mut.

Your a darned good man Sluff, you deserve a darned good dog,  i happy you two have each other,  i love me dog too ;)

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2007, 06:25:32 PM »

Oh Sara,,,,,
I am going to have to come and take that Belgian Malinois away for me to have...
How lucky you are to have her.   She looks alot like my Isabella, whom I miss so much.
I can tell she's a great dog.
love from Ellen

Thanks Ellen, she is a very good dog, but neurotic and needs a lot of attention.  Was yours like that?  If you have any pics of her you can post them if you want.  Isabella is a beautiful name. 

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2007, 06:33:30 PM »

Some more random pet pics...

My cat Louie, in the hospital after having hip surgery (he recovered really quickly and you can't even tell anymore).
Abby, the cocker mix, pretty soon after I got her.  She was around 3 weeks old in that pic I think.  Just starting to walk around.
Another of Abby, dressed up for Christmas.  ::)
Lola, my "hell cat."  Seriously.  You don't restrain her, you don't give her medicine, you don't do anything except feed her.  She will allow the occassional pat on the head. 
Caesar, my terrier mix.  Everyone calls him ugly, but I think he's cute.  Sorry for the blurry pic, but I don't have too many of him.
Some foster kittens snuggling.  It's funny because the black and white one, on the bottom of the "pile," is actually stuck 1/2 down into the couch cushions.   :lol;

Can you tell I have a full house?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 06:39:40 PM by Sara » Logged

Joe died July 18, 2007
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2007, 06:36:35 PM »

Abby is very cute. Wonder how he's grown the last year.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 06:45:48 PM by sluff » Logged
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2007, 07:03:32 PM »

Thanks Sluff.  There's a current pic of her on the 1st page of this thread.   :)

Joe died July 18, 2007
gizmar

« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2007, 08:18:25 PM »

I don't have a current pix but I have a sweet story that happened today.  When I came home from dialysis, was feeling like a total bag of (insert nasty word here).  My BP was dropping, I was sweating and freezing and the best I could do was hit the couch and wait for my bp to come up.  I have 2 shih tzu's and both of them went into panic mode.  This is unusual for them - they usually just want treats or to get a pat on the head.  My female jumped up on the couch and on to the back of the couch (like a cat would do) and sat right near me with her paw on my shoulder.  She wouldn't take her eyes off me and looked so worried - poor thing.  The male who usually hangs out on his "bunny bead" sat right next to me on the floor and if I even moved an inch - he was at attention. 

At one point I was calling for the woman who cleans the house - she was upstairs and couldn't hear me - my female went running up the stairs and barked at her until she came down.

Who says dogs don't know?
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2007, 08:26:14 PM »

I don't have a current pix but I have a sweet story that happened today.  When I came home from dialysis, was feeling like a total bag of (insert nasty word here).  My BP was dropping, I was sweating and freezing and the best I could do was hit the couch and wait for my bp to come up.  I have 2 shih tzu's and both of them went into panic mode.  This is unusual for them - they usually just want treats or to get a pat on the head.  My female jumped up on the couch and on to the back of the couch (like a cat would do) and sat right near me with her paw on my shoulder.  She wouldn't take her eyes off me and looked so worried - poor thing.  The male who usually hangs out on his "bunny bead" sat right next to me on the floor and if I even moved an inch - he was at attention. 

At one point I was calling for the woman who cleans the house - she was upstairs and couldn't hear me - my female went running up the stairs and barked at her until she came down.

Who says dogs don't know?

That is so neat! Little buddies are so loyal.
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2007, 11:05:23 AM »

This is my Australian Shapherd Cairny (named for Cairns Australia, pronounced "canny" meaning shrewd or smart). My friend Debby was watching Cairny while I was traveling and she sent me this pic in 2002  - it just cracks me up every time I look at it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 03:30:41 PM by Bill Peckham » Logged

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2007, 01:36:00 PM »

This is my Australian Shapherd Cairny (named for Cairns Australia, pronounced "canny" meaning shrewd or smart). My firend Debby was watchngi Cairny while I was traveling and she sent me this pic in 2002  - it just cracks me up every time I look at it.

LOL, ;D nice pic.  :thumbup;

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
mcjane

« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2007, 07:04:37 PM »

I have 5 cats & 1 dog, all rescues.

This is Peepers.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 07:07:59 PM by mcjane » Logged
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2007, 01:21:26 AM »

I have 5 cats & 1 dog, all rescues.

This is Peepers.

Nice picture, reminds me of the "Got milk?"commercial  :lol;

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2007, 11:07:23 AM »

I think rescues make great pets. It's like they somehow know what their fate was. They are so darn loyal. Thats all I ever get is pound dogs.
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2007, 02:43:45 PM »

Sara, your pets are so cute.
Bill, that pic. is hilarious.  that dog would be a good commercial pet.
my 2 cats are rescues.  one swallowed a dime and cost me a $$$.  grrrrrrrrrrr

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
nextnoel

« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2007, 12:07:13 PM »

These pets are so cute.  And Sluff, you're right - rescues are the absolute best!  There's just something extra special about rescued animals; I feel closer to animals that for whatever reason have been unwanted by someone else. 

I can't reach the hill like I used to, but I'm not at a standstill yet!
shay_pcb

« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2007, 12:52:36 PM »

I have a cat, and 2 dogs. Sweet-Pea, the cat, I bought from a pet store. Her cage was next to a cage with sick cats, so when I got her she was sick. She almost died; her sister did die, but I managed to keep her alive and now she is very healthy!! The dalmatian, Dixie, was my fiance's dog when I met him. She's smiling for the picture! lol The other dog, Pnut, is a weenie-dog that I got from my crackhead aunt who breeds weenie dogs. I got him when he was 3 weeks and bottle fed him. He used to fit in the palm of my hand...now he's SO big and VERY healthy!! He's the   most hyper dog I think I've EVER seen!! lol
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2007, 05:17:09 PM »

Nice pictures shay.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2007, 07:46:27 PM »

Forgot to post our Christmas Picture!

Pebbles is on the left and Adrianne is on the right. 

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2007, 08:38:06 PM »

Oh my Gosh Rerun, those dogs are cute! (for the little devils you say they are)

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2007, 08:53:00 PM »

I think Rescues know that they were abandoned by previous owners (or whatever) and know you have given them a 2nd chance at a loving home and are that much more responsive for it.

Last night here it was SO HOT my poor baby was wilting in the heat but whenever I would go to check up on her or give her a little pat she would find the energy to lift her head up and give me a catty headbutt (yes I know she is rubbing pheremones on me to mark her territory). It is still adorable all the same.

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2007, 08:57:16 PM »

Rerun they are absolutely adorable.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2007, 09:13:37 PM »

I have got to purchase a little video camera and put it in the kitchen when I leave.  I came home the other night and they had a loaf of bread down from the counter half eaten!  Pebbles woke me up about mid-night with a tummy ache.  It is my fault for leaving stuff on the counters, but geez!  I would love to see how they do it.  It think they stand on each other's shoulders!

Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2007, 02:00:25 AM »

The white dog, Foster, we just got yesterday for our daughter Tiffany. Hes a full blooded Shih Tzu. At 8 months old, he is lots of fun!. Foster reminds me of the "Happy Dragon" from the never ending story  :lol;
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 02:11:34 AM by Joe Paul » Logged

Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2007, 02:30:47 AM »

Cute!

You must have adopted him with a name like "Foster"?  Do you know what his story is?  He is very cute!        :angel;

Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2007, 02:53:07 AM »

Very good guess rerun, yes he is a "foster". We adopted him from the person who bought him as they are moving out of state, and couldn't bring him along. She gave his ACA (American Canine Association) paperwork, and all his vet records, ect. My wife happened to see a note at the grocery store, while I was at dialysis yesterday, asking if anyone would like to adopt him. Sight unseen, I told her call the person and tell them we would take him. I'm so glad we did get him, he is very loveable.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 10:05:21 AM by Joe Paul » Logged

Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »