I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2024, 04:17:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413646 times)
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2007, 05:12:28 AM »

Very good guess rerun, yes he is a "foster". We adopted him from the person who bought him as they are moving out of state, and couldn't bring him along. She gave his AKC paperwork, and all his vet records, ect. My wife happened to see a note at the grocery store, while I was at dialysis yesterday, asking if anyone would like to adopt him. Sight unseen, I told her call the person and tell them we would take him. I'm so glad we did get him, he is very loveable.

Foster is cute, and very lucky you found him. Looks like they took good care of him, must have been hard to give him up.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 11:41:12 AM by sluff » Logged
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2007, 11:18:44 AM »

Thanks sluff, the lady was glad he would come to a loving home, she was sad for sure she had to give him up.

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2007, 05:47:50 PM »

Very good guess rerun, yes he is a "foster". We adopted him from the person who bought him as they are moving out of state, and couldn't bring him along. She gave his ACA (American Canine Association) paperwork, and all his vet records, ect. My wife happened to see a note at the grocery store, while I was at dialysis yesterday, asking if anyone would like to adopt him. Sight unseen, I told her call the person and tell them we would take him. I'm so glad we did get him, he is very loveable.

Joe, dont you have another dog?  What does your other dog think of this new dog?  I think he is absofreakenlutely adorable, i would've loved to adopt him too.  I hope Foster knows he is with some good people there ;) ;)

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
ahamner

My Tibetan Spaniel "Bud"

« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2007, 02:44:10 PM »

I have three Tibetan Spaniels.  Two of them are AKC show dogs.  The one pictured below is Ch Gin Tai's Bud-z-boi call name "Bud" when he finished his AKC championship last October :wine;.  I really enjoy going to the dog shows.  Tibbies are wonderful dogs.

Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out - Art Linkletter
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2007, 02:50:16 PM »

Beautiful!  Do you raise them?   :)

ahamner

My Tibetan Spaniel "Bud"

« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2007, 09:06:14 PM »

No, not yet.

I recently got a puppy bitch that is now 9 months old that we are beginning to show.  We may breed her later.  Her AKC name is Tibroke's Wishin on a Star; call name " Belle" for Tinkerbell.  Her picture as well as a larger shot of Bud and also of Gracie follow.

Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out - Art Linkletter
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2007, 04:05:51 AM »

Beautiful Dogs AHammer.
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2007, 06:32:06 AM »

Here is a picture of hubby's dog he is a husky - loves the cold and snow!!  He is a real baby.  He is almost 4 years old and weighs about 80 lbs.  Here is a picture of him on his doghouse. 

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2007, 09:50:43 PM »

They all look so soft and lovely-I just have one mean old cat I rescued,who,even though she hangs around me all the time to get scratchies-she does also occasionally bite me-mean old cat!!

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
Fox_nc

« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2007, 01:43:25 AM »

Cute puppies everywhere!  Wish I could find my baby a boyfriend to make more puppies ... anyone with a boy dachshund, her picture is on page 3 of this post.

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue. It rather denotes a lack of courage. -- from the movie Practical Magic
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #135 on: January 27, 2007, 02:13:33 AM »

Very good guess rerun, yes he is a "foster". We adopted him from the person who bought him as they are moving out of state, and couldn't bring him along. She gave his ACA (American Canine Association) paperwork, and all his vet records, ect. My wife happened to see a note at the grocery store, while I was at dialysis yesterday, asking if anyone would like to adopt him. Sight unseen, I told her call the person and tell them we would take him. I'm so glad we did get him, he is very loveable.

Joe, dont you have another dog?  What does your other dog think of this new dog?  I think he is absofreakenlutely adorable, i would've loved to adopt him too.  I hope Foster knows he is with some good people there ;) ;)
Yes Goofynina, I have a long hair Chihuahua too, named Bucky. He is trying to cope with Foster, but foster wants to play , and Bucky just isn't into it. Its funny, Foster will get right up in Bucky's face bark, then run away. I hope they learn to like one another, as I'm seriously thinking of breeding Foster when he gets older. Thanks for the compliment Goofynina.

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #136 on: January 27, 2007, 02:51:39 AM »

Del, beautiful Huksy.  Has anyone seen Eight Below.  Oh, Man, Tear Jerker.

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #137 on: January 27, 2007, 04:17:37 AM »

Eight Below was an excellent movie.
libran925

« Reply #138 on: January 27, 2007, 08:31:49 AM »

I have five cats. Started with two, then did some volunteer work for a pet rescue group and, guess what? Adopted three more. Had to stop fostering them, i.e., I would take care of kitties until they got adopted. Here is the Queen of Mean in her bed.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 08:42:42 AM by libran925 » Logged
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #139 on: January 27, 2007, 11:09:28 AM »

I thought I owned "the Queen of Mean"! I have a moody little Siamese cat and right now she is pissed at me.  She threw up the last can of cat food I gave her, so no more wet food.  Oh she is pissed at me!  Meows constantly and is under my feet whenever I go towards the kitchen.  I guess I am just a mean cat owner.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2007, 03:34:23 PM »

I WANT A CAAAAAAAT!!!!   I miss having a cat, all these pics and stories of kittens and cats make me want one so bad...  I love the story of RichardMel's cat and his mom, that touches my heart everytime i read it..

www.kidneyoogle.com
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2007, 08:14:26 PM »

No time like the present, goofy!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2007, 09:53:12 PM »

You can have the cat who is presently shitting in my office on a regular basis! I hate it when cats get old and moody!  Oh well, one day I will be old and moody!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #143 on: January 28, 2007, 07:09:15 PM »

You can have the cat who is presently shitting in my office on a regular basis! I hate it when cats get old and moody!  Oh well, one day I will be old and moody!

Jbeany, THANK YOU!!  that is perfect, i am going to print that out and put it all over the house and see if my hubby gets the hint (but i doubt it)  :-\

Well Kit, as long as you dont shit in your office :P
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 07:11:28 PM by goofynina » Logged

www.kidneyoogle.com
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #144 on: January 28, 2007, 07:11:08 PM »

Well Kit, as long as you dont shit in your office :P

Are we getting a little graphic here.  :)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #145 on: January 28, 2007, 07:41:09 PM »

Sluff, you obviously have never had a cat who has shit in your office!  These things just have to be expressed sometimes! LOL >:D

lifenotonthelist.com

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #146 on: January 28, 2007, 11:24:24 PM »

Thanks Goofy... I am glad you liked my story!!!

I often think of that time myself when I just look at her curled up on her cushion sleeping or something... and that's when I get all gushy and give her a treat just for being wonderful..

I am such a push over :)

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #147 on: January 28, 2007, 11:56:21 PM »

One more, goofy. . .

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

aharris2
Elite Member

Volcan Pacaya, Guatemala

« Reply #148 on: February 07, 2007, 02:10:39 PM »

we have two cats, harry and thurgood, they're the cutest thing on the planet....although thurgood-the Siamese descendant- seems to always be communicating with aliens..lol.

harry is the fat cat of the house 20some lbs i think he would eat his bro if it was possible..hahaha he likes to be petted by anyone and everyone.

Rolando

Life is like a box of chocolates...the more you eat the messier it gets - Epofriend

Epofriend - April 7, 1963 - May 24, 2013
My dear Rolando, I miss you so much!
Rest in peace my dear brother...
mcjane

« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2007, 08:47:14 PM »

I have six cats & one dog. Here is a picture of one of my cats, Peepers.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »