I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2024, 04:27:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413647 times)
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2007, 09:19:58 PM »

Me luvz you Peepers ;)  Beautiful cat you got there McJane  :2thumbsup;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
nextnoel

« Reply #151 on: March 01, 2007, 08:07:48 AM »

Oh well, one day I will be old and moody!

It's already too late for me!  :-\

I can't reach the hill like I used to, but I'm not at a standstill yet!
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #152 on: March 01, 2007, 08:42:59 AM »

here is my cat Momma-she was in an old garage on my property when I bought it,she was trying to survive with three kittens on cockroaches. My husband always said he hated cats,so I never thought I would have one....but when he saw how hungry she was he insisted I go buy her food-in two days her and her kittens were in my house living the good life!!  those white things around her head are cobwebs from under my house. I would have gotten them off her-but she bites fast and hard...we CAN pet her,but only when she comes to us...its funny she likes my company she follows me all around the house.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 08:44:53 AM by glitter » Logged

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
Deanne
Elite Member

« Reply #153 on: March 01, 2007, 09:00:14 AM »

I love this thread and looking at everyone's cats & dogs. I have five cats and two small dogs. I need to resize the pictures before I post them, but in the meantime, Tigger has a story on a blind dog web site. This is him: http://www.blinddogs.net/tigger.html.

Deanne

1972: Diagnosed with "chronic kidney disease" (no specific diagnosis)
1994: Diagnosed with FSGS
September 2011: On transplant list with 15 - 20% function
September 2013: ~7% function. Started PD dialysis
February 11, 2014: Transplant from deceased donor. Creatinine 0.57 on 2/13/2014
Triker

« Reply #154 on: March 01, 2007, 01:37:47 PM »

I have a Boston Terrier named Buster. He's spoiled rotten, but I love him. He's also very camera shy. He tries to hide when I get the camera out.
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #155 on: March 01, 2007, 02:20:33 PM »

I love this thread and looking at everyone's cats & dogs. I have five cats and two small dogs. I need to resize the pictures before I post them, but in the meantime, Tigger has a story on a blind dog web site. This is him: http://www.blinddogs.net/tigger.html.

Deanne,  First of all i must tell you how much i cried when i read your story about Tigger, they were happy tears though.  Thank you so much for having the patience to work with Tigger,  i hate to think of people who do not have the patience and abandon their dogs because of any reason.   People like you light up my life.  Your absolutely awesome my friend,   :2thumbsup;

Triker,  i too had a Boston Terrier,  Sniper, he was such an awesome dog, when we moved we had to give him away.  :'(   The one thing i remember about him was his smelly farts,  never had a dog that farted so much, :P   

www.kidneyoogle.com
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #156 on: March 01, 2007, 02:49:56 PM »

Bennie, 02/16/86-01/23/00

Bennie, you and I became the best of friends, and I know how you depended on me. I just wish there was some way I could show you just how much I depended on you too. I can only hope that you knew.
I'm really glad your not suffering with the cancer anymore, my friend, I hope I made the right decision. It was the hardest decision I ever had to make but I believe that I acted out of love, and tried to keep you from suffering as Babe did. There will always be that slim window of doubt, I hope you can forgive me.
You were such a good and happy dog, you spent your younger years keeping Mom and Dennis on there toes, I can laugh at the stories, and believe it ,I wish I was there back then.. When I met your mom I Just fell in love with you and Babe, and the 5 years we had seemed so short.
You grew to be such a great companion always letting us know when someone even came close to the house or my truck, you were the great protector, think of the people who you scared off, if only they knew , all you really wanted was to play. I hope you have all the beef sticks and hotdogs you could want on your side of the bridge.
I'm still looking for your Happy greeting each day when I get home, but it is not there. When I open the door, I still open it slow so it doesn't hit you when you laid right there so nobody could get past you without your knowing about it. I miss how every night you would come into my bedroom when I went to bed, and laid at the foot of it, until you were confident that I was there for the night. Bennie one of the things I miss the most is your jumping up on the edge of my bed every morning at 4:30am to make sure I was up and ready to take you outside. You never missed until Sunday January 23rd the day you died, I knew something was wrong even before anyone else, you and I, we just had that special bond, that unless someone has had it, they would not understand.
Bennie, we all love you and miss you. You will never be forgotten, for you hold a special place in our hearts that nothing else will ever fill.
Take Care my pal and I promise the first thing I'll do when I get to your side of the bridge, I will call your name.
Until then ..... Hugs and Kisses to you and Babe.
Love
Dad, Mom, and Josh

As posted at Rainbow Bridge memorials.  http://petloss.com/2ktribut/btrib2k.htm
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #157 on: March 01, 2007, 05:31:27 PM »

Oh man, what are you all trying to do to me?  That was the most beautiful and saddest letters to a pet i have ever read.  It is so touching to know that i am amongst so many other animal lovers such as myself, who would put their pets equal to a family member, i admire that so much.  God Bless all of "us" who have lost pets and who have pets now.  Hopefully someday many others will feel the same way and we can do something about ending animal cruelty (i get sick just thinking its out there)  >:(   Love to all always....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Triker

« Reply #158 on: March 01, 2007, 06:35:13 PM »

Triker,  i too had a Boston Terrier,  Sniper, he was such an awesome dog, when we moved we had to give him away.  :'(   The one thing i remember about him was his smelly farts,  never had a dog that farted so much, :P   

Yes, Buster is just like Sniper in that regard! My son had a woman friend over last night, and Buster about ran us all out. :o
tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #159 on: March 01, 2007, 09:47:56 PM »

This may be the answer, had a laugh when I found this dogone fart neutralising Thong ! ::)

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/top/dogone-dog-fart-neutralizing-thong-163833.php

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
shay_pcb

« Reply #160 on: March 01, 2007, 09:52:02 PM »

:2thumbsup; I need one of those for my dalmatian!! lol
nextnoel

« Reply #161 on: March 02, 2007, 07:44:53 AM »

:2thumbsup; I need one of those for my dalmatian!! lol

I need one for my boss! ;D

I can't reach the hill like I used to, but I'm not at a standstill yet!
mcjane

« Reply #162 on: March 09, 2007, 10:13:00 PM »

Goofynina, you just gotta get a pet, you love them so much. Your just drooling over all the beautiful cats & dog pictures.

Here's another one, my cat Whisper:

Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #163 on: March 14, 2007, 12:15:24 PM »

Thanks for directing me to this thread, Sluff.

I have two female bull terriers, Dorothy (that's her in my avatar, she's now 7 years old) and Chloe who is 13 years old. In January 2006 we had our dear old male bully X, Diesel, put to sleep. He was almost 18 years old.

My dogs are everything to me.
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2007, 02:40:38 PM »

that is a very pretty kitty!!

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2007, 04:54:49 PM »

Here is my baby boy midgy!!
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2007, 05:05:28 PM »

Goofynina, you just gotta get a pet, you love them so much. Your just drooling over all the beautiful cats & dog pictures.

OHHHH MCJAAAANE,  What are you trying to do to meeee?  lol,  my hubby is going to kill me but i am going to start bugging (begging) him again for a cat,  ::)  i want one just like Whisper,  beautiful cat you have  ;)   I will keep you all posted as the "Quest for a kitty" begins  ::)

www.kidneyoogle.com
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2007, 05:18:05 PM »

goofynina... what about midgy?? lol

he is way cuter  ;)

j/k
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2007, 11:20:04 PM »

I was asked about pictures of my dogs in my introduction thread, so here they are:

1) Diesel, 1988-2006 (still grieving for him)
2) Chloe, who is a retired, registered nursing home therapy dog.
3) Dorothy as I put her on my Xmas cards some years back.

charee
Elite Member

« Reply #169 on: March 14, 2007, 11:49:37 PM »

Great photos Love the Christmas Angel..

Home Hemo  18 months
Live donor transplant 28th October 2008
from my beautiful sister
Royal Prince Alfred Sydney Australia

Live donors rock
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #170 on: March 14, 2007, 11:49:57 PM »

Thise are cute pictures.  My dog is almost seven years old now and is nuts.  But I love her anyway!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #171 on: March 15, 2007, 05:32:42 AM »

I actually just this moment received this email. I usually dismiss the majority of these type of emails as fictional - and this one might well be, too. But I liked it all the same - if it happens to be true, then it is particularly special and sounds like something my dogs would do - it will also be appreciated by kidney patients and people with other illnesses:

A GREAT DOG STORY
Anyone who has pets will really like this. You'll like it even if you don't and you may even decide you need one!

Mary and her husband Jim had a dog named 'Lucky.'  Lucky was a real character. Whenever Mary and Jim had company come for a weekend visit they would warn their friends to not leave their luggage open because Lucky would help himself to whatever struck his fancy.

Inevitably,someone would forget and something would come up missing. Mary or Jim would go to Lucky's toy box in the basement and there the
treasure would be, amid all of Lucky's other favorite toys.  Lucky always stashed his finds in his toy box and he was very particular that his toys stay in the box.

It happened that Mary found out she had breast cancer. Something told her she was going to die of this disease....in fact, she was just sure it was fatal. She scheduled the double mastectomy, fear riding on her shoulders. The night before she was to go to the hospital she cuddled with Lucky. A thought struck her...what would happen to Lucky? Although the three-year-old dog liked Jim, he was Mary's dog through and through. If I die, Lucky will be abandoned, Mary thought. He won't understand that I didn't want to leave him. The thought made her sadder than thinking of her own death.

The double mastectomy was harder on Mary than her doctors had anticipated and Mary was hospitalized for over two weeks. Jim took Lucky for his evening walk faithfully, but the little dog just drooped, whining and miserable.

Finally the day came for Mary to leave the hospital.  When she arrived home, Mary was so exhausted she couldn't even make it up the steps to her bedroom. Jim made his wife comfortable on the couch and left her to nap.

Lucky stood watching Mary but he didn't come to her when she called. It made Mary sad but sleep soon overcame her and she dozed. When Mary woke for a second she couldn't understand what was wrong. She couldn't move her head and her body felt heavy and hot. But panic soon gave way to laughter when Mary realized the problem. She was covered, literally blanketed, with every treasure Lucky owned! While she had slept, the sorrowing dog had made trip after trip to the basement bringing his beloved mistress all his favorite things in life. He had covered her with his love.

Mary forgot about dying. Instead she and Lucky began living again, walking further and further together every day. It's been 12 years now and Mary is still cancer-free.

Lucky? He still steals treasures and stashes them in his toy box but Mary remains his greatest treasure.

Remember....live every day to the fullest. Each minute is a blessing And never forget....the people who make a difference in our lives are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care for us.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #172 on: March 15, 2007, 05:51:32 AM »

Cool pictures and Amanda Midgy is adorable.
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #173 on: March 15, 2007, 02:26:09 PM »

Cycobully, thank you for that story, i just love to read stories like that,  pets are amazing, i just wish ALL people would appreciate them for all that they are worth,  (that goes for my hubby too dammit)  :-\   I am the animal lover in my family  ::)

www.kidneyoogle.com
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #174 on: March 15, 2007, 08:42:02 PM »

Cycobully, you dogs are adorable!! and great story.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »