I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 04:36:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  My mom got her kidney!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My mom got her kidney!  (Read 15234 times)
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2008, 03:39:48 PM »

Glad to hear your Mom is doing well, and sis too. Good luck on your pregnancy, hope all continues well there too. Congratulations to your brother on his contract. Thanks for the updates  :thumbup;

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2008, 04:10:49 PM »

Thanks for the update.  It's great to hear all the good news.   I'm sure that time is flying by for you with all that is going on.

Take care and be well!   :grouphug;

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2008, 03:40:44 PM »

Always great to get an update and can't wait to see and hear about the twins' arrival.

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2008, 07:54:00 PM »

I am looking forward to your move to Raleigh and seeing your family in person!   Can't wait to see the babies.  Take care of yourself!  Give our best to your Mom and her kidney :2thumbsup;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2008, 11:00:31 PM »

Hey Beth,
That's a great update - thank you for letting us know. I would love to see a photo of your mom and sister. And your son and you too! Can't wait for those babies, wish I could hold them - I LOVE BABIES!
 :grouphug;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Beth36

« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2008, 06:56:15 PM »

Thanks!!  I will take a photo of my family one of these days...I did post a photo of my son Conor and me on the photo thread last year, I think.  The twinks will be here soon and we're very nervous about it but hopefully it will all work out.  I'm just dreading the no sleep phase....ugh...wait, we're still in it with my 3 year old because he loves school so much, he won't sleep because he is excited about it.  It's cute but I need sleep!  Paris, it would be an honor to meet you!  We should be in Raleigh around December.  We're putting our house on the market but hubby will get a corporate apartment in Raleigh so we can be there while the house is being shown, etc and so that I won't be alone too much with the babies with him out of town.  Once these two get here, I will definitely post photos.  We are going to have to take tons since my mom and dad won't be able to come up for the birth.  Only 6-8 weeks left...yikes!  Thanks for the well-wishes, everybody!  I will post if anything crazy comes up!

Beth

Mom had positive crossmatch transplant at Mayo Clinic on 6/13/08!!
Beth36

« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2008, 02:55:50 PM »

Nothing crazy has come up...I just wanted to update.  My mom is doing great these days.  Her labs look good and she's feeling wonderful.  That makes us all so very happy.  Since they aren't going to MN every other week, my parents are getting rested and back into their daily groove and life is getting back to some normalcy and that really helps my mom a lot.  She's making future plans and it sounds great to hear that, too.  I know it means that she feels like she can look forward and get excited about all the fun stuff to come.  Once she gets on monthly blood draws, she said she wants to come to see the little ones, which would be so fabulous.  My sister is doing well also.  She's running again and feels great.  She's been a huge help to me even though I haven't had the babies yet.  The babies are 4 lbs. 10 ozs. and 5 lbs. 8 ozs. so far and that's big, so by Halloween, they ought to be huge.  I have my pre-op briefing on Oct. 30 and then go in the next am at 6 for the c-section which should start by 7:30.  So, if I don't go into labor before then (I hope not, as both twins are breech at this point) and have to have an emergency c-section, around 8:30ish on Halloween morning, I will have two new kiddos and will be tired already!  I'm having a very hard time getting around but I do it all still, just slower and a little at a time.  I think if they put me on bedrest right now, it would kill me because I am so used to being busy and I think even though it kills me now, keeping busy has helped me stay healthy.  I hope all is well with everyone and I thank all of you for your support and kindness!

Beth

Sunny
Elite Member

Sunny

« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2008, 03:12:16 PM »

Glad to know you are all doing well.
Take good care of those wonderful new babies.

Sunny, 49 year old female
 pre-dialysis with GoodPastures
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2008, 03:29:41 PM »

:cheer: Yay for mom and best of luck to you and the twinkies!  :cheer:

monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2008, 03:31:58 PM »

Good to hear from you Beth

(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2008, 05:05:45 PM »

Beth, thanks for updating.  I am so glad your Mom is doing so well.  And she will beable to hold those sweet babies soon!   When my Mom had twins, she had a hard time just moving the last month.  They both weighed 7 and 1/2 pounds!  It sounds like yours are heading toward big numbers, too!!   Please don't go into labor before your scheduled date!  It has been so much fun going through this with you.  And remember, I live in Raleigh, so I am looking forward to seeing all of you in person some day! :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2008, 05:34:46 PM »

Babies on Halloween!  How fun is that?

:grouphug; to all.

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2008, 09:29:49 PM »

Thanks for the updates - looking forward to Halloween news!!!

Married - three children.
Alports female, diagnosed ESRD 10/04
11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
2/3/09 - Transplant from an angel of a friend!!!
Beth36

« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2008, 11:14:57 AM »

Went to the perinatologist today and the babies are big...baby girl is 6 lbs. and baby boy is 6 lbs. 10 ozs.  Doc said if I went into labor, they wouldn't stop it but would proceed with c-section.  It is necessary (even though there was no way I was going to try a natural birth with twins after a prior c-section) because baby girl is feet down but baby boy is head down.  OB is making me tough it out until Halloween.  I'm misearble and can barely walk.  I don't sleep.  My hands fall asleep all the time.  I have restless legs, had those with my son, ugh!  I can't make a fist and it is very hard to do anything strenuous or not.  It's going to be OK, though.  I only have 3 weeks at the most to wait--22 days to be exact!  The babies will be monitored every week until delivery and I never get tired of seeing them on the ultrasound screen.  It truly is amazing.  My mom is doing great!  Her creatnine was .9 last check and her anitbodies are lowering as well, she hasn't had any issues since she had to have some IVIg in September--that stuff was awful this time around, she said she swelled up and had hives...yuck!  She's gone down on her Prograf and Cellcept.  It's great because she is back to her old self and feeling much bette, which makes all of us so happy and grateful.  We will be heading to Raleigh in January and renting a house while our house here is on the market.  It just makes more sense that way, it would be difficult to show a house with 3 kids and 2 of them being newborns and my hubby out of town.  Plus, my hubby doesn't want to miss a minute of these twins! He missed a lot of our son's babyhood while he traveled and he doesn't want to do that again.  I think of all of you and am so happy when I see good news!  I hope there are more phone calls in the middle of the night to come!

Beth

monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2008, 05:40:16 AM »

So glad all is developing nicely Beth but from your description I can imagine how much you want the big day to come so you can get smaller again.  Thanks so much for keeping us on the journey with you.
 :flower; :cuddle; :flower;

(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2008, 11:35:09 AM »

Awww poor Beth! I never slept the last 3 weeks of my pregnancies. I hope you're doing ok now. It's getting close! :yahoo;

pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2008, 01:42:58 PM »

Not sure how I missed your post all the way back on October 9th!  It's good to get the news that your mom continues to do well.

I guess this is the last week before delivery, so you must be getting really anxious.  I only had one, but I remember those last few weeks so well.  I could barely sleep at all and took to watching the Farm Report - which was the only things on tv at 4 in the morning.

I wish you the best and can't wait to hear the good news about the babies.

Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2008, 01:54:56 AM »

A little late on this thread  :shy;  but I am glad to read all the good news - about your mom and the twins.  i am so looking forward to 'seeing' them.   Beth, aren't you the fortunate one, going to live near Paris!  My caring thoughts and prayers are with you and your family all the way.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2008, 10:03:53 AM »

I am so excited that I will meet Beth and hopefully, hold those sweet babies!!     Beth, let me know if there is anything I can do for you before you get to Raleigh.  :cuddle;

Beth36

« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2008, 05:43:27 PM »

Well, thanks everybody!!  The babies are here!  I had them 2 weeks ago on October 17.  It is 2 days before my son's 4th birthday and it happens to be hubby's and my 8th wedding anniversary.  I went to the the doctor the day before thinking I was in labor and told to go home, nothing was really cooking.  Woke up the next morning and my water broke!!  It scared me to death but I only live 5 minutes from the hospital, so I called everybody and got my sister.  We went in and waited for hubby to get here from Raleigh but he didn't make it in time.  My sister was with me in the OR, she got to see my boy born but not my girl because she was breech.  There is no way I would have been able to watch a c-section but oh well.  Hubby made it 30 minutes after the babies got here.  Little girl weighed 5 lbs. 12 ozs. and little man weighed 6 lbs. 12 ozs.  They are adorable and eating well.  I am up all night long but I do love it, even though I am worn out.  My mom said once she is on monthly blood draws, she'll come visit, which is great!  I'll attach a pic but apologize if it's too big and I can't resize it!!

Beth

EDITED: Re-sized picture - Sluff/Admin

« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 08:46:05 PM by Sluff » Logged

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2008, 05:46:26 PM »

They are beautiful!  :cheer:
 :) What did you name them?
Congrats!!  :yahoo;

:bestwishes;

kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2008, 05:46:45 PM »

omg!  Sweetness times 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Congrats!!

Married - three children.
Alports female, diagnosed ESRD 10/04
11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
2/3/09 - Transplant from an angel of a friend!!!
Beth36

« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2008, 06:01:41 PM »

Thank you!  They look like little dolls, especially my little girl because she is so tiny!!  My oldest child was 8 lbs. 8 ozs. and he was HUGE compared to them!  My daughter is named Grier and my son is named Owen.  They are too cute.  They like to sleep next to each other and they peep at each other in their sleep.  Twins are a lot of work but definitely a lot of fun!

Beth

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2008, 06:51:38 PM »

Oh sweet babies.  Hurray!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2008, 07:01:31 PM »

Oh,  :yahoo; they are really something.  so cute and sweet together.  I am so happy to hear that all is good.  As far as the sleep goes, it's probably not in your near future.  :cuddle;

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »