I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 03:34:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Kitkatz is in the hospital.....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kitkatz is in the hospital.....  (Read 23839 times)
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2007, 09:55:54 AM »

How in God's name did I miss this thread until today??!! Kitkatz, I'm so glad you're home and feeling better!  :cuddle; :cuddle;

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
Psim

« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2007, 10:18:15 AM »

how much more west do you want?

If you have to go to work you have to go to work, but I'm sure the west of the folks at IHD would agree that a westful weekend would be good, perhaps watching reruns of The Young and the Westless.
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2007, 10:49:11 AM »

how much more west do you want?

If you have to go to work you have to go to work, but I'm sure the west of the folks at IHD would agree that a westful weekend would be good, perhaps watching reruns of The Young and the Westless.

:rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2007, 12:30:04 PM »

Shhh! Be vewy vewy quiet... so KitKatz can west!!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 12:32:23 PM by okarol » Logged

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2007, 12:35:28 PM »

Dang, get busy a few days and wow, I missed this!  So sorry about your event, glad you are feeling better.  Take it slow!! R&R! :angel;

Married - three children.
Alports female, diagnosed ESRD 10/04
11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
2/3/09 - Transplant from an angel of a friend!!!
letaek

« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2007, 10:48:48 PM »

:cuddle;

yay-I am glad all was ok!!
Take it easy and happy holidays!

Will always love you Dad-hemo for 2 years & passed away 10.28.07
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2007, 05:02:51 PM »

Oh yeah. Ithas been real fun. They sent me home with chest pain and a bottle of nitro. The nitro helps a little, but the chest pressure is still there.  I am going back into urgent care/er on Friday if this still sucks.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2007, 07:46:54 PM »

Oh yeah. Ithas been real fun. They sent me home with chest pain and a bottle of nitro. The nitro helps a little, but the chest pressure is still there.  I am going back into urgent care/er on Friday if this still sucks.

Are you getting some time off from the school on christmas break? Please don't over do things until you are confident that your ok. Something is causing that pressure feeling. I'm in the same boat. I get that also and have had stress tests and ultrasounds and they say everything is fine.
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2007, 09:53:30 PM »

I'm worried about both of you.  Chest pain is SCARY!  One of the dogs I'm keeping this week belongs to a client that went to the ER a few days ago with chest pain.  He's had surgery - replaced a valve and something else - maybe bypass or stent.  I didn't delay his wife when she dropped off the dog.  Stay on the docs to take care of you!

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2007, 07:20:37 AM »

Please don't wait til Friday, Kit. Now that Christmas is over, please, have it checked out. Who knows what it could be.

I agree with Black, chest pain IS scary.  And darn it, Sluff. Now YOU'RE scaring us too!!!

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2007, 08:06:58 AM »

Please don't wait til Friday, Kit. Now that Christmas is over, please, have it checked out. Who knows what it could be.

I agree with Black, chest pain IS scary.  And darn it, Sluff. Now YOU'RE scaring us too!!!

Don't worry about me I've had it checked over many times. They tell me it is skeletal. (whatever that means) ( probably Fat and out of shape) ha
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2007, 08:19:36 AM »

Skeletal????  That's a new one on me!!!  Just so long as the doctors (and you!) are happy that it's nothing to be worried about.....
Psim

« Reply #87 on: December 26, 2007, 10:07:20 AM »

They sent me home with chest pain and a bottle of nitro. The nitro helps a little, but the chest pressure is still there. 

Oh Kit, this is too much! You have enough on your plate already. I've got all my digits crossed that it just goes away and never comes back. Let us know.
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2007, 04:00:19 PM »

Did you mean wewuns?  ;)
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2007, 04:04:53 PM »

Skeletal????  That's a new one on me!!!  Just so long as the doctors (and you!) are happy that it's nothing to be worried about.....

they probably mean musculoskeletal (involving muscle and bone). Many of the patients who are referred to our cardiology clinic with chest pains are checked out, and the conclusion is that the pains are musculoskeletal rather than cardiac. It's actually a good thing, really! Well, it's not good that you have pain, but it's good news to hear that it's not cardiac. That's why these things need to be checked out so quickly.

cris

Nanay, superwoman, super dooper, best mother

« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2007, 12:35:09 AM »

the last thread was 27th, it's 30th over here, how's Kitkatz? I pray you are good and fine to welcome the new year. I am just surprised that everytime we (me & hubby) have our wednesday novena to our Mother of Perpetual Help, I always say a prayer to the whole IHD family in general, but last wednesday, I specially mention Kitkatz, and I haven't read this thread until now. Kitkatz, come'on, you are needed here, we love you.

cris

there is no greater love than this: "that a man lays down his life for his friend"
Psim

« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2007, 10:41:00 AM »

Did you mean wewuns?  ;)

:rofl;
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2007, 04:00:50 PM »

I am okay. Run down and tired all of the time.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2007, 08:51:10 PM »

Put your feet up at take it easy Katz. Hope you are better soon.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2008, 11:31:16 PM »

I had chest pain at dialysis today and they sent me to Kaiser ER to be checked out.   Victor (hubby) took me to the ER. They say there is nothing wrong.  They don't know why I am having chest pains. They must think I am psycho!

lifenotonthelist.com

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2008, 12:04:12 AM »

That must be so scary AND frustrating Kit - what now???

:grouphug;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2008, 01:41:30 AM »

I had chest pain at dialysis today and they sent me to Kaiser ER to be checked out.   Victor (hubby) took me to the ER. They say there is nothing wrong.  They don't know why I am having chest pains. They must think I am psycho!

We already know that.. :rofl;.. I think you passed psycho a long time ago Kit. So do they have any suggestions at all? I know this has to be awfully stressful on you.
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2008, 02:13:13 AM »

Sorry you keep having chest pains.Hope they can figure something out soon!

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2008, 03:37:08 AM »

:grouphug;  Hugs Kit.

Have they done all the tests? Are they suggesting it's stress related? You have been under a lot of stress lately. (To put it mildly  ::) ) I am sure your body can only take so much before it screams "Give me a break!!"

Can you take some time off work? I know that might not be so easy. So what about another long weekend away with Victor.

Either way Kit you need a rest.   :cuddle;

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
ODAT

Nala - Mom's Cat

« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2008, 05:58:08 AM »

Hey Kitkatz, have they done an angiogram? When mom had her chest pains she said it felt heavy across her chest and she felt sharp pains in both her arms. She was short of breath and sweaty. On a separate but related note, mom's PCP told her that he had another patient that had the same overall redness and itching that she did only this person got it after being home for a day. Doc thinks it is the dye. Mom said her nails are stronger, her hair is dryer, and now her toe is acting up - skin getting thicker and tender. From what I've read of allergy to the dye, it affects more than what you can see.

If you haven't had an angiogram and you get pains again, can you make them do one? It's one thing to give you nitro ( to probably protect them as well as you), but I'm sure you agree that the cause needs to be discovered soon. take care Kitkatz

As is your sort of mind, so is your sort of search: you will find what you desire.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »