I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 01:28:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Kitkatz is in the hospital.....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kitkatz is in the hospital.....  (Read 23829 times)
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

Life's a bitch and then you go on dialysis!

« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2008, 07:43:57 AM »

A few years ago I was rushed to hospital with chest pains which was at first diagnosed as pericarditis which is inflammation of the sack which surrounds the heart. It finally turned out to be musco-skeletal. It was actually inflammation of rib cartilages. The pain however was horrendous and I was sure It was a heart attack at the time.

Ken
st789

« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2008, 10:28:08 AM »

Hope it resolves soon so you will feel better.
Mimi
Elite Member

For any who do not like me I use - prayer.

« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2008, 02:15:39 PM »

Kit, it doesn't matter whether they think you are phycho  or not.  You just keep going, when you have the
pain, and keep insisting they find out what is causing it. :boxing;.  Tho it may very well be tiredness and stress,
you need to make sure.  You are in my prayers.

Mimi

Death is not extinguishing the light;
it is putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.
cris

Nanay, superwoman, super dooper, best mother

« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2008, 02:44:17 PM »

Kitkatz, you must fight your way, the doctor does not know everything, you're the one who knows your body so well. Insist, insist, insist on more test. Please. We are here all te way for you. :grouphug;

there is no greater love than this: "that a man lays down his life for his friend"
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2008, 03:43:55 PM »

I got it. Kit come to Wisconsin to visit your daughter and Christy and I will show you a nice relaxing and fun vacation, we can visit Boxman also.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2008, 04:44:20 PM »

Is the first week in March soon enough? My daughter turns 21 in april and wants me to come out in March.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2008, 08:36:32 PM »

Is the first week in March soon enough? My daughter turns 21 in april and wants me to come out in March.

Absolutely.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2008, 11:38:25 AM »

I went from school this morning to a quick trip through Kaiser ER with more chest pain. The ER doctor seems to think it was something other than the heart so he blew me off and out of there in an hour and a half.  Little concern that the chest pain I had this morning lasted over an hour.  I had walked back to my classroom from the office and got hit with it while I was at my desk. I took a nitro and in five minutes took another one, then took one more ten minutes later. I went ahead and started class, then called my VP and said "I have chest pain I need someone to take my class." She had security there in one minute and had them bring me to the office and I decided a run to the ER would be good.   One of our security people ran me to Kaiser and my VP came and got me when it was done.  She sent me home, otherwise I would be at school right now teaching classes.  This is nuts.  Something is going haywire in my body and no one knows what it is!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
CW

Yeah .............That's me!

« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2008, 11:55:24 AM »

I know that feeling and I hate it >:(

I try to have as much contact with my medical team to have as many tests as possible, and to have contact with as many people as possible for a better chance of someone figuring it out. It's a real pain when we have copays for every contact ::)

I hope you feel better soon!

*Common Sense is an uncommon thing

20 years navigating ESRD
Had a transplant but it rejected

To all of my kidney brothers and sisters who have left too soon -
Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night.  I miss you like hell.  ~Edna St Vincent Millay
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2008, 11:55:54 AM »

Wish you success in finding out what it is. Bonehead Doctors sometimes. Get another opinion.
ODAT

Nala - Mom's Cat

« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2008, 12:01:31 PM »

My mom's heart doctor told her that if she had to take three nitros to call him and get to the hospital. I haven't done much research into nitro pills, but you would think the doctors would be very concerned if you had to take that many. Is the pain the same as you've had before?

On the other end of the spectrum, my BIL in Florida had a stress test done and they said they'd have results in 10 days. 10 MINUTES later they called him and said they wanted him to come right back for an mri because there was an abnormality. They found nothing and then discovered that someone read the test wrong! Scared my family! My mom says, 'hope he doesn't have to pay for that mri.'
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 12:08:30 PM by ODAT » Logged

As is your sort of mind, so is your sort of search: you will find what you desire.
kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2008, 12:28:19 PM »

Sorry to hear you are having problems again.  MD's are never about finding the cause of a problem, only ways of masking it w/drugs.  Drugs that cause other problems with their side effects.  Go visit a good princilped chiropractor who will get your nervous system clear so your body can do what it's meant to to the best of it's ability.

Married - three children.
Alports female, diagnosed ESRD 10/04
11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
2/3/09 - Transplant from an angel of a friend!!!
Deanne
Elite Member

« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2008, 12:29:28 PM »

:grouphug; for you

:boxing; for the doctors who won't listen to you!

Deanne

1972: Diagnosed with "chronic kidney disease" (no specific diagnosis)
1994: Diagnosed with FSGS
September 2011: On transplant list with 15 - 20% function
September 2013: ~7% function. Started PD dialysis
February 11, 2014: Transplant from deceased donor. Creatinine 0.57 on 2/13/2014
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #113 on: February 04, 2008, 12:36:16 PM »

:( Sorry Kit, I wish they had some answers to give you. It's baffling that the doctors can't give you some idea what is causing this. I am glad to hear your school VP took quick action. Get some rest my friend.
 :cuddle;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2008, 12:42:01 PM »

:grouphug;

Hope they get you some answers soon, kit.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2008, 12:50:59 PM »

Man, Kit.

I'd say it's time to see another doctor, if he can't figure out what's wrong with you!!! 

That or bring out the stick.....
mmmmdeedee

« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2008, 01:11:17 PM »

Sorry to hear that you are going through this Kit and for such a long time! Along with the others, I have been taken to the ER (In December also) for chest pains. Sometimes once a day, sometimes up to seven at a time. They were debilitating and I told the doctors so. Well, they did the usual tests and everything came out negative so out I went with no diagnosis no nothing. Although I did go back to my neph who put me on Valium as he thought it was stress related.

I had continued to have smaller attacks after that but I do have to say the chest pain themselves are gone. I just now have some shortness of breath while doing small things. Maybe it was stress - not sure. But it is best if you get EVERYTHING checked out. Musculo-skeletal (sp?), lungs, etc.

Where is House when you need him??

1st on dialysis: 1986
1st transplant: 1990
1st failure: 05/06
CCPD
2nd transplant 07/24/07
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2008, 01:54:54 PM »

Kitkatz,this is crazy!  Have they exhausted all tests for heart problems?  I don't understand how they can just let you walk around without finding a solution. This makes no sense.  Are you limited to what doctors you see?  I am so frustrated for you.  Can't you just deal with one problem?   OK---my anger probably isn't helping!   Love you and want them to find an answer to this pain :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Mimi
Elite Member

For any who do not like me I use - prayer.

« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2008, 03:30:54 PM »

Kit, there are many things that can mimic heart problems.  Have they looked into anything other than the heart?
If it is not the heart, they should be looking elsewhere.  I'm praying for you.

Love, Mimi

Death is not extinguishing the light;
it is putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2008, 07:18:11 PM »

Thanks to everyone.  I thought this morning's doctor blew me off.  I am going to call my primary and let him know I was in ER for hour long chest pain.

lifenotonthelist.com

Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2008, 09:57:22 PM »

:cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle;  I hope they can figure it out Kit.    :boxing; :boxing; Until they do!!

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
angellady07

« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2008, 10:45:06 PM »

Kitkatz, I hope your primary doctor has an answer for you. Sorry, to hear you are going through the pain and frustration again.  :cuddle;
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2008, 12:14:12 AM »

Hope it will be sorted soon, it makes you wonder if we really are living in the 21st century when it takes so long for a diagnosis to be made.  We are all thinking of you  :grouphug;
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2008, 01:27:16 AM »

Sheesh, I hope they soon find out what the pain is from Kitkatz, so sorry you have to suffer  :grouphug;

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Joanniebop

« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2008, 03:20:03 AM »

So sorry to hear of your dilemma with the unresolved chest pains It must be a pain in the a** to keep going back to the ER and not finding the cause of your pain.
Hope that the can help you out soon and sending you my thoughts and prayers.

Joannie
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »