I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:57:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  RichnStacy introduction to board :)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RichnStacy introduction to board :)  (Read 3230 times)
RichnStacy

« on: June 01, 2006, 09:02:11 AM »

First, let me start off by saying thank you Epoman for the site.  It is comforting to know that there is place you can go, say what is on your mind and how you feel, without repercussions of this happy go lucky person who loves being on dialysis. I am sorry, but dialysis SUCKS, and I only do it because I want to live.  I haven't met anyone yet who is on dialysis, doing it for the fun of it and, although I think a healthy attitude is important, it isn't possible to have one 24/7, 365 days a year; hence, this site is available.  It is somewhat pissy to be on a dialysis board and looked down upon because you can't project this wonderful, great feeling attitude all of the time.  Well, freaking sue me, I don't feel like being happy all the damn time.

Now on to the introduction.  My name is Richard, 39 yrs old,  I am married to a wonderful woman, who has put up with my arse for over 20 yrs.  We spend 24/7, 365 a year together, and we could not be happier than pigs in slop.  We have 3 children, 2 of who still live at home.  The ages are 21-daughter, 19-son, and 16-son.  They are good at keeping us young with all of their antics.

I have been disabled since 84 and have been on disability since that time.  I have the following or have had happen in the past years: Degenerative joint disease, degenerative disk disease, scoliosis, spondylosis, cervical spine fusion, congenital spine abnormalities, hypertension, migraines, cardiac cath with TAXUS stent placed to the mid circumflex, which had 90% stenosis; 3 other blockages of 50% or less, ESRD, arthritis, AV fistula placement, IJ cath placements and removals 6-7 times over the past year...   I have had a total of 10 surgeries in the past year alone.

As you can imagine, with the above medical problems, I have not been an overactive individual anyway, so the following was not a big red warning flag to any of us.

This all started in the early part of May, 2005.  I had been sick for a couple of weeks.  The usual type thing, not wanting to eat a lot, weak, feeling lousy basically and thinking it was just some type of cold or virus that had me down.  I had shortness of breath, but that wasn't surprising either to me since I have COPD and a big time smoker.

I wasn't improving and, in fact, it seemed I was getting worse.  It finally got to the point that I was having problems sitting up on the side of the bed, and my mental status was becoming altered.  I was having very vivid, weird dreams about things, and I started talking about things that weren't happening, but I didn't know if it was from a dream or something I was actually thinking was going on.

Of course, Stacy is freaking out about all of this and wanting me to go see a Doctor, which I must admit, I can't stand Doctors and avoid them at all costs.  Things progressed and I finally came to my senses, what little I had at the time, and decided that maybe I did need to see someone.  We ended up having to call an ambulance because I couldn't stand and walk down the flight of stairs to our condo.

Once in the E.R., everything started happening so quickly, and this is where I have to rely on Stacy to fill me in on what happened after arriving. 

Having COPD, I don't have the best of lungs on a good day, much less when I am sick and still smoking like a chimney.  They gave me a IV with Versaid and I had some type of reaction to it and my oxygen level dropped extremely low, down to 65%, and they had to intubate me.  In the meantime, they are running every test they can to find out what is wrong with me. On top of that, my blood pressure would not come down, after multiple doses of medications, and it was 235/165 when I arrived in the Emergency Department.

When my labs returned I had a crenatine of 27 and I was in stage 5 ESRD.  I immediately started dialysis.  I was then rushed to ICU where I would stay for the next 6 days. I received dialysis for 3 days in a row and lost 30 pounds in the process.

The first 3 days they kept me knocked out with all of their medications, and I don't really no what all took place, and it is difficult for Stacy to fill in the blanks because she was only allowed in to see me 15 minutes at a time, 3 times a day. 

When I came to, after the third day, I was laying in bed, hooked up to many machines and had a tube down my throat that I immediately tried my damndest to pull out.  Here comes the hand restraints for the next couple of days.  I would try like hell to write Stacy on a piece of paper when she was in the room, if she could read the chicken scratch; it said something to the effect of,"they are trying to kill me."  I was convinced that these people were out to get me and trying to do me in.  I had no idea what was going on, or why they were making such a fuss over somebody with a cold.

Finally, after several days of being doped up and out of it, then awake and trying to pull tubes, Stacy was allowed by the Doctors to tell me what was going on.  They didn't want her telling me too soon because I was in such bad shape, plus I wouldn't be able to ask any questions that I might have had with a tube stuck down my throat. 

On the fourth day of being in ICU, and begging the nurses with moans and whimpers, they agreed to remove the tube with the understanding that if my oxygen saturation did not stay up they would have to re-insert the tube.  Thank God my stats stayed around the 90% range, because anything lower than that and they were going to tube me again, which I did not want under any circumstances.

On the sixth day of ICU, I was released to come home, take it very easy, and go to dialysis at a local center that had been set up.  I hated the mere thought of it.

The next several months were extremely busy with this Doctor appointments, dialysis, or surgery and so forth.  The center made me an appointment to go to UAB for a transplant evaluation, which I did, only to learn that I had 3 blockages in my heart and that I would have to pass a breathing test before they would consider doing a transplant on me. 

I had a heart catherization on one of the blockages, that was over 80% blocked, the other two are at 30% and 50%; they don't do the cath until it reaches 80% or higher.  I haven't been back to the heart doc since.  I know I need to make a follow up appointment from when I was in and had the catherization done but, to be honest, I just can't do it right now.  In this past year I have had a total of 10 operations for one thing or another to do with my kidney disease, and I just don't want to go through anymore right now.

After going to dialysis for some time, probably around the 6 month mark, I decided with all of my wisdom that I did better when I didn't dialyze, so I started calling into the center "well."  Needless to say, this didn't make them happy campers, and they would constantly tell me that I needed to show up for my treatments. 

When the Doctor would make his rounds, he would tell me the same old thing, I need to show up for my treatments but, since I was running this show, I thought I knew best.  Needless to say, I was starting to have effects from the poisons building up in my system by not getting all of the toxins out going once a week for several weeks.

The manager from the center calls me and tells me that she is taking my scheduled time away from me. I dialyze at 5:30 in the morning, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  I told her that I couldn't come at any other time and the reason I was on the early morning schedule in the first place was because they asked me to take that time slot.  My wife rearranged her work schedule, although she works at home, she still has bosses to answer to and works for a company out of South Carolina.

The next day I went for dialysis and the Doctor made rounds with the nurse in tow.  I told him the same thing about not being able to take any other schedule and that if they insisted on taking my time slot, I understood but that I would not be dialyzing at all then.  At that point in my life, I didn't care whether I died or not.  I was over it all and really didn't see a reason to fight for it.

Well, a couple of days went by and the manager called back said that I could have my time slot, if, and only if, I promised I would show up for my scheduled appointment times.  I assured her I would if I could have my time slot back and I returned to the center.  I have not missed a single time except when my car broke down on the way to dialysis and we ended up having to go out that very day and purchase a new car.  Under the circumstances, they didn't kick me out of my time slot, and I still go every time I am supposed too.

My Doctor mentioned to me that he thought I would be a good candidate for PD and that I should check into doing that.  I did, and to be truthfully honest it scared the bejesus out of me hearing about how you can get peritonitis, and the problems associated with that. 

While trying to find out all that I could about PD, I either heard or read something about how you can do home hemodialysis, and I was interested in seeing if I could do that.

I talked to my Doctor about it and he had no problem with me going that route if that is what I wanted to do, so Stacy and I made an appointment to go meet the training nurse.  That was over 6 weeks ago, and we have done everything that we were asked to do.  Since we live in a Condo, we were advised to check with the owners to make sure they wouldn't mind and would be willing to have an extra drain and a 220 volt outlet for the machine.  The owners were more than gracious and, have said on numerous occasions that we can do, or they would do, whatever it is we need done.

The training nurse told us, when we met with her, that they were going to send a Tech out to look at the house to make sure it was adaquate, and when the tech came out he was going to bring a book that we could start to read.  It would help speed up the process of learning the Fresenius machine.  The Tech, and another nurse came out and they were absolutely wonderful and very helpful with any question that we had, but didn't bring the book.  The nurse that was here at the house said they would send it through inner office mail and we would be able to pick it up from our clinic.  Several weeks went by and no book, so Stacy called over to see what the status was on the book and we were told "we think it is too big to send through inner office mail"  Isn't inner office mail when an employee of the company shuttles mail, supplies and other items in between the clinics?  That is the way it was done the last time Stacy worked in a medical office that had multiple clinics.  Maybe times have changed and they are sending it though pigeons and they can't handle the weight of the book.  Oh well I continue to wait.....

Which brings me to the present time.  As I sit here typing this I realize that I am fortunate that I have had people before me go through a lot of what I am now facing, and they can give me advice, or lend a shoulder to cry on.  The regular members here probably don't realize what a contribution you are making to us newbies with your everyday postings.  We learn from you, we see that we are not the only ones out here going through this hell, and we are able to see that you are able to carry on a active and productive life, and for that I say THANK YOU ALL :)

I am not sure whether a transplant is worth the problems that can occur to you, like diabetes being one of them.  Why add to my already screwy medical condition by doing something that is going to cause me to possibly get another illness to worry with.  Not to mention, I am just plain scared out of my wits with my current heart condition and breathing problems. Why add to it?

In addition to all of this, I have this huge phobia about going to center. Don't get me wrong, I am glad they are there for us to go to, and they are keeping us alive, and I really do appreciate the dedicated nurses, techs and Doctors, but there is something about being the youngest one on your schedule and being surrounded by older people who look as though they only have days to live.  I love the people I have met at center and I respect them, but that doesn't mean that I want to sit there and watch them die either.

Unfortunately I have to wait until the nurse decides to train me, whenever that might be, and until then I have to endure the center regardless of how bad it makes me feel being there.  I wish these companies would realize that if we want to take care of ourselves and are able to, then we should be allowed to do so and that they should make ever effort possible to get us trained, at home, and taking care of ourselves.  Lets be honest, we, or our support person, is going to take better care of us than anyone else because we are not just another patient to them, we are someone they love.

I have checked into NxStage and I don't have a training center close enough to us that I could do anything about it. The closest one is located in Atlanta, Ga, which is a good 8 hours from the gulf coast of Alabama.  There is talk however of opening a NxStage center in the Birmingham area in 5 months or so.  Keeping my fingers crossed that this will happen and that I will be able to get on with their program.  I am not totally, 100% against going to Atlanta once a month for check ups, the problem would be the amount of training involved and having to stay locally to do that.  If we could come up with a way that we could go and get trained, I would gladly drive there once a month until a center opened locally for me, but the training is the major stumbling block right now.  We just don't have the income to stay locally for a period of time; believe me, if I could come up with the money, I would leave tomorrow if they would have me.

In closing, yes I am finally shutting up,; I want to say again, thank you for the many contributions you all make to this board.  It is a huge help whether you know it or not, and it gives us newbies some sense of belonging.

See you on the board :)

Richard

Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 11:22:47 AM »

A Big Welcome to you both, Rich and Stacy!!  I am so glad that you understand this site from the get-go!  I took the time to read your intro, and I do understand why you have some very extreme feelings!  But I am also glad that you have kept on keeping on.     A big invite to you read all the posts on this site.  You have just come so there is a lot for you to read.   We are also looking forward to hearing from you.  We have a lot to share with you, and I see that you have a lot to share with us.  That is what this site is all about.  Sometimes the 'professionals' don't seem to think that we need to understand what is going on.  If I had waited for the 'professionals' to clue me in on what to expect, etc., I would have been, as they say in my country, in the duck's guts!  That is why I am personally thankful for this site.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Gus

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 11:28:22 AM »

First, let me start off by saying thank you Epoman for the site.  It is comforting to know that there is place you can go, say what is on your mind and how you feel, without repercussions of this happy go lucky person who loves being on dialysis. I am sorry, but dialysis SUCKS, and I only do it because I want to live.  I haven't met anyone yet who is on dialysis, doing it for the fun of it and, although I think a healthy attitude is important, it isn't possible to have one 24/7, 365 days a year; hence, this site is available.  It is somewhat pissy to be on a dialysis board and looked down upon because you can't project this wonderful, great feeling attitude all of the time.  Well, freaking sue me, I don't feel like being happy all the damn time.

I do it for the fun of it.....just kidding.. :P but hey, its better than beeing eaten by a lion? Anyhow, that's understandable...everyone is human....

Now on to the introduction.  My name is Richard, 39 yrs old,  I am married to a wonderful woman, who has put up with my arse for over 20 yrs.  We spend 24/7, 365 a year together, and we could not be happier than pigs in slop.  We have 3 children, 2 of who still live at home.  The ages are 21-daughter, 19-son, and 16-son.  They are good at keeping us young with all of their antics.

Richard, welcome! You sure have a supportive family there. Its great to have family at home..plenty of help

I have been disabled since 84 and have been on disability since that time.  I have the following or have had happen in the past years: Degenerative joint disease, degenerative disk disease, scoliosis, spondylosis, cervical spine fusion, congenital spine abnormalities, hypertension, migraines, cardiac cath with TAXUS stent placed to the mid circumflex, which had 90% stenosis; 3 other blockages of 50% or less, ESRD, arthritis, AV fistula placement, IJ cath placements and removals 6-7 times over the past year...   I have had a total of 10 surgeries in the past year alone.

Heck, and your still typing this...your one tuff man there.... I think you can go futher!

As you can imagine, with the above medical problems, I have not been an overactive individual anyway, so the following was not a big red warning flag to any of us.

Cheer up dude, your not alone and I think once starting daily short dialysis you will regain energy.

This all started in the early part of May, 2005.  I had been sick for a couple of weeks.  The usual type thing, not wanting to eat a lot, weak, feeling lousy basically and thinking it was just some type of cold or virus that had me down.  I had shortness of breath, but that wasn't surprising either to me since I have COPD and a big time smoker.

I wasn't improving and, in fact, it seemed I was getting worse.  It finally got to the point that I was having problems sitting up on the side of the bed, and my mental status was becoming altered.  I was having very vivid, weird dreams about things, and I started talking about things that weren't happening, but I didn't know if it was from a dream or something I was actually thinking was going on.

Man thats scary

Of course, Stacy is freaking out about all of this and wanting me to go see a Doctor, which I must admit, I can't stand Doctors and avoid them at all costs.  Things progressed and I finally came to my senses, what little I had at the time, and decided that maybe I did need to see someone.  We ended up having to call an ambulance because I couldn't stand and walk down the flight of stairs to our condo.

Once in the E.R., everything started happening so quickly, and this is where I have to rely on Stacy to fill me in on what happened after arriving.

You did the right thing man, I knew people who just wouldn't go to the Dr. and they'd just died....your brave dude!

Having COPD, I don't have the best of lungs on a good day, much less when I am sick and still smoking like a chimney.  They gave me a IV with Versaid and I had some type of reaction to it and my oxygen level dropped extremely low, down to 65%, and they had to intubate me.  In the meantime, they are running every test they can to find out what is wrong with me. On top of that, my blood pressure would not come down, after multiple doses of medications, and it was 235/165 when I arrived in the Emergency Department.

If I were you, try stop smoking. That stuff kills!

When my labs returned I had a crenatine of 27 and I was in stage 5 ESRD.  I immediately started dialysis.  I was then rushed to ICU where I would stay for the next 6 days. I received dialysis for 3 days in a row and lost 30 pounds in the process.

The first 3 days they kept me knocked out with all of their medications, and I don't really no what all took place, and it is difficult for Stacy to fill in the blanks because she was only allowed in to see me 15 minutes at a time, 3 times a day. 

When I came to, after the third day, I was laying in bed, hooked up to many machines and had a tube down my throat that I immediately tried my damndest to pull out.  Here comes the hand restraints for the next couple of days.  I would try like hell to write Stacy on a piece of paper when she was in the room, if she could read the chicken scratch; it said something to the effect of,"they are trying to kill me."  I was convinced that these people were out to get me and trying to do me in.  I had no idea what was going on, or why they were making such a fuss over somebody with a cold.

Wow man, you really got through that, thanks to your wife! I also remember having a tube up my throat....heck!

Finally, after several days of being doped up and out of it, then awake and trying to pull tubes, Stacy was allowed by the Doctors to tell me what was going on.  They didn't want her telling me too soon because I was in such bad shape, plus I wouldn't be able to ask any questions that I might have had with a tube stuck down my throat. 

On the fourth day of being in ICU, and begging the nurses with moans and whimpers, they agreed to remove the tube with the understanding that if my oxygen saturation did not stay up they would have to re-insert the tube.  Thank God my stats stayed around the 90% range, because anything lower than that and they were going to tube me again, which I did not want under any circumstances.

Good Lord!

On the sixth day of ICU, I was released to come home, take it very easy, and go to dialysis at a local center that had been set up.  I hated the mere thought of it.

The next several months were extremely busy with this Doctor appointments, dialysis, or surgery and so forth.  The center made me an appointment to go to UAB for a transplant evaluation, which I did, only to learn that I had 3 blockages in my heart and that I would have to pass a breathing test before they would consider doing a transplant on me. 

I had a heart catherization on one of the blockages, that was over 80% blocked, the other two are at 30% and 50%; they don't do the cath until it reaches 80% or higher.  I haven't been back to the heart doc since.  I know I need to make a follow up appointment from when I was in and had the catherization done but, to be honest, I just can't do it right now.  In this past year I have had a total of 10 operations for one thing or another to do with my kidney disease, and I just don't want to go through anymore right now.

I've read on the net that heart blockages occur for lack of nutrition.....

After going to dialysis for some time, probably around the 6 month mark, I decided with all of my wisdom that I did better when I didn't dialyze, so I started calling into the center "well."  Needless to say, this didn't make them happy campers, and they would constantly tell me that I needed to show up for my treatments. 

3x a week is not enough, its very very little. I had a friend who only showed up 2x a week..........he passed away a few years ago....they found him dead in his bed.......you show up man, unless you wanna die soon...

When the Doctor would make his rounds, he would tell me the same old thing, I need to show up for my treatments but, since I was running this show, I thought I knew best.  Needless to say, I was starting to have effects from the poisons building up in my system by not getting all of the toxins out going once a week for several weeks.

The manager from the center calls me and tells me that she is taking my scheduled time away from me. I dialyze at 5:30 in the morning, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  I told her that I couldn't come at any other time and the reason I was on the early morning schedule in the first place was because they asked me to take that time slot.  My wife rearranged her work schedule, although she works at home, she still has bosses to answer to and works for a company out of South Carolina.

The next day I went for dialysis and the Doctor made rounds with the nurse in tow.  I told him the same thing about not being able to take any other schedule and that if they insisted on taking my time slot, I understood but that I would not be dialyzing at all then.  At that point in my life, I didn't care whether I died or not.  I was over it all and really didn't see a reason to fight for it.

Well, a couple of days went by and the manager called back said that I could have my time slot, if, and only if, I promised I would show up for my scheduled appointment times.  I assured her I would if I could have my time slot back and I returned to the center.  I have not missed a single time except when my car broke down on the way to dialysis and we ended up having to go out that very day and purchase a new car.  Under the circumstances, they didn't kick me out of my time slot, and I still go every time I am supposed too.

Ya dude, you gotta listen to them and don't be selfish. I've seen other patients the same siutation as you, where they give their schedule to someone else because they don't show up. You need to take some responsibility....have good contact with your clinic and let them know on time whether you won't make it

My Doctor mentioned to me that he thought I would be a good candidate for PD and that I should check into doing that.  I did, and to be truthfully honest it scared the bejesus out of me hearing about how you can get peritonitis, and the problems associated with that. 

While trying to find out all that I could about PD, I either heard or read something about how you can do home hemodialysis, and I was interested in seeing if I could do that.

I talked to my Doctor about it and he had no problem with me going that route if that is what I wanted to do, so Stacy and I made an appointment to go meet the training nurse.  That was over 6 weeks ago, and we have done everything that we were asked to do.  Since we live in a Condo, we were advised to check with the owners to make sure they wouldn't mind and would be willing to have an extra drain and a 220 volt outlet for the machine.  The owners were more than gracious and, have said on numerous occasions that we can do, or they would do, whatever it is we need done.

That's compassionate dude, they really care...

The training nurse told us, when we met with her, that they were going to send a Tech out to look at the house to make sure it was adaquate, and when the tech came out he was going to bring a book that we could start to read.  It would help speed up the process of learning the Fresenius machine.  The Tech, and another nurse came out and they were absolutely wonderful and very helpful with any question that we had, but didn't bring the book.  The nurse that was here at the house said they would send it through inner office mail and we would be able to pick it up from our clinic.  Several weeks went by and no book, so Stacy called over to see what the status was on the book and we were told "we think it is too big to send through inner office mail"  Isn't inner office mail when an employee of the company shuttles mail, supplies and other items in between the clinics?  That is the way it was done the last time Stacy worked in a medical office that had multiple clinics.  Maybe times have changed and they are sending it though pigeons and they can't handle the weight of the book.  Oh well I continue to wait.....

Which brings me to the present time.  As I sit here typing this I realize that I am fortunate that I have had people before me go through a lot of what I am now facing, and they can give me advice, or lend a shoulder to cry on.  The regular members here probably don't realize what a contribution you are making to us newbies with your everyday postings.  We learn from you, we see that we are not the only ones out here going through this hell, and we are able to see that you are able to carry on a active and productive life, and for that I say THANK YOU ALL :)

I am not sure whether a transplant is worth the problems that can occur to you, like diabetes being one of them.  Why add to my already screwy medical condition by doing something that is going to cause me to possibly get another illness to worry with.  Not to mention, I am just plain scared out of my wits with my current heart condition and breathing problems. Why add to it?

In addition to all of this, I have this huge phobia about going to center. Don't get me wrong, I am glad they are there for us to go to, and they are keeping us alive, and I really do appreciate the dedicated nurses, techs and Doctors, but there is something about being the youngest one on your schedule and being surrounded by older people who look as though they only have days to live.  I love the people I have met at center and I respect them, but that doesn't mean that I want to sit there and watch them die either.

You seem quite an anxious person, take it easy dude...try to relax.....its just a little stressful incenter that's all....its a high stress place..lots of people go there...

Unfortunately I have to wait until the nurse decides to train me, whenever that might be, and until then I have to endure the center regardless of how bad it makes me feel being there.  I wish these companies would realize that if we want to take care of ourselves and are able to, then we should be allowed to do so and that they should make ever effort possible to get us trained, at home, and taking care of ourselves.  Lets be honest, we, or our support person, is going to take better care of us than anyone else because we are not just another patient to them, we are someone they love.

It takes time dude, I had to wait a little over a year just to start home traing, just hung tuff incenter till that time arrived....

I have checked into NxStage and I don't have a training center close enough to us that I could do anything about it. The closest one is located in Atlanta, Ga, which is a good 8 hours from the gulf coast of Alabama.  There is talk however of opening a NxStage center in the Birmingham area in 5 months or so.

Hey, 5 months don't sound too long....meanwhile, start cannulating yourself? I started cannulating at age 12 without training! I just told them I am gonna stick myself and they said okay, and they just watched as I did it....they helped a little....

Keeping my fingers crossed that this will happen and that I will be able to get on with their program.  I am not totally, 100% against going to Atlanta once a month for check ups, the problem would be the amount of training involved and having to stay locally to do that.  If we could come up with a way that we could go and get trained, I would gladly drive there once a month until a center opened locally for me, but the training is the major stumbling block right now.  We just don't have the income to stay locally for a period of time; believe me, if I could come up with the money, I would leave tomorrow if they would have me.

In closing, yes I am finally shutting up,; I want to say again, thank you for the many contributions you all make to this board.  It is a huge help whether you know it or not, and it gives us newbies some sense of belonging.

See you on the board :)
Richard

Dude, thanks for sharing your story and once again welcome! Your story motivates us, you have shown to be a fighter and didn't give up!...Cheers!

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 02:49:55 PM »

NOW THAT, is an introduction.  :o  ;) That's the kind of intro, I like to see. Welcome, to the site Richard and I know you are going to love it here. I am introducing a BIG surprise soon that will make site even better.

Be sure to check out these links, these will help get you started.

Site Rules: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=540.0

Gender/Location: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=584.0

Spelling/Grammar: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=411.0

Don't forget, come back often and help us make this community stronger. The bigger
we become the louder our voice will be.

- Epoman
Owner/Admin

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 07:45:38 PM »

OMG!  Did you write War and Peace too?  GEEZ next time just send me the DVD! 

I'm joking (sorta) and get use to it.  We jab each other all the time on here.  Welcome to the site.  Sounds like you have been through the worst of it.  I sure hope you get home dialysis.  I think you would do better with that.   ::)

RichnStacy

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 02:00:23 AM »

Bajanne2000 wrote:
A Big Welcome to you both, Rich and Stacy!!!
Thank you for the warm welcome!  You will see me around a lot after I get my feet wet, so to speak.  I have been reading the board for a couple of days and have noticed your other postings and have enjoyed them.  I look forward to a lot more in the future :)

Gus wrote:
Ya dude, you gotta listen to them and don't be selfish. I've seen other patients the same situation as you, where they give their schedule to someone else because they don't show up. You need to take some responsibility....have good contact with your clinic and let them know on time whether you won't make it
Thanks Gus for your response.  I do appreciate everything that you have said and believe me I do take responsibility for my health because I am a fighter and will not give up, however, that does not mean I don't have my bad days too, I am only human. :)

Epoman wrote:
NOW THAT, is an introduction.     That's the kind of intro, I like to see
Well YOU did ask for it! :)  No seriously though, I figure it is the least I can do upon your request to show my appreciation for all that you have done for us with this site.  The amount of time you have taken to develop, maintain, and run this site is a huge contribution and one that should not be overlooked.  I can't express to you how much I appreciate having a place like this, so the least I can do, is to do as you request, and provide an introduction. :)

Rerun wrote:
OMG!  Did you write War and Peace too?  GEEZ next time just send me the DVD!

Oh did you think my introduction was long? Hmm, you should see when I really get on a role :)

Thanks for the warm, fuzzy welcome from all.  I look forward to reading and posting with you for many years to come.
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 08:51:56 PM »

Hi Richard.  Welcome to the board, and what a great intro!  Get Stacy posting on here too, we need more spouses' points of view. 

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
RichnStacy

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 01:18:51 AM »

Sara wrote:
Hi Richard.  Welcome to the board, and what a great intro!  Get Stacy posting on here too, we need more spouses' points of view.
Thank you Sara for the warm welcome to the board.  I will tell Stacy her present has been requested :)  I am sure she would love to post to the board, although she will not have much time with her work schedule, but I am sure will find time.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »