I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 13, 2019, 03:48:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
529097 Posts in 33281 Topics by 12345 Members
Latest Member: Rookiegirl2
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduction - PLEASE READ THIS SECTION FIRST (Moderator: kitkatz)
| | |-+  SITE RULES All Members/New Members MUST read!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SITE RULES All Members/New Members MUST read!  (Read 93897 times)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« on: May 14, 2006, 04:46:01 PM »

UPDATE: February 14, 2007:

Gave the rules an overhaul, changed some, added some new ones. Please read. A site email has been sent to all members with a link to these new rules. I know it seems like a lot of rules however, these rules are mostly common sense and will not affect the average poster. Just post like the majority of the other members and these rules will not become an issue.

- Epoman
Owner/Admin

- Sluff/Admin

- okarol/admin

-kitkatz/Admin

Well I was hoping not to have to add rules to the site but here we are 9 months after we started back in August 2005, growing and things happen so it's necessary. These rules must be followed, bottom line.

These rules are in NO particular order of importance.

• Please make your FIRST post an Introducing myself post in the "Introduce Yourself" section. This is very important as we will get to know you as a person and not just as another dialysis patient. This is a requirement, you must post an introduction thread introducing yourself.

• You are only allowed 1 account per person, multiple accounts must be authorized by the ADMIN. So basically it means you are allowed 1 member name. If your spouse or family member wishes to have an account that is fine. As long as they make it known who they are. Simply send an email to the admin explaining your situation.

• Please refrain from using bad language, an occasional bad word is OK but limit yourself. Remember people from ALL age groups visit here, that means children. For example instead of using the F*** word use WTF? instead. I know it means the same, but it doesn't look as bad. BUT As I said before an occasional curse word is fine just control yourself.

• Comments that include personal attacks or other inappropriate comments or material are not allowed. You can disagree with another member's opinions and discussions are encouraged, but do not go off-topic and attack the person rather than their opinion.

• Obviously spammers are not allowed. Meaning don't offer transplant services in China or don't try to sell your organs. You will not be given a warning, you will be banned.

• All members please use the spell check button or use Google's spell check on their toolbar (you can download from them). Please have some pride in your posts. This site will be here even after your death. I don't expect you to be perfect because I make mistakes too, but at least try. See this thread: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=411.0

• About pictures, I do allow pictures. However I do ask that you do 2 things. 1st, re-size the picture, please make it as small as possible, preferably no bigger than 640X480 pixels, I ask that you size the pic for two reasons, one is many people still use 800X600 resolution on their monitor and if the picture is to big they will have to scroll to see the whole picture. And the bigger the picture the more bandwidth it uses, the more bandwidth it uses the more it costs me, so please keep all pictures below 150kb. 2nd, DO NOT "link" pictures, meaning do not use the link button to link to an outside site. If that link dies then all we will see is a little red "x". You must use the "attach picture" button located in the "Additional Options" link. For certain images members will be allowed to post larger images, that decision is up to the admin team of IHD.

• About outside links to either PDF's, pictures, videos, etc. PLEASE DO NOT link them. If it is a worthy video, picture, or PDF, I can host it on the site, so we NEVER have dead links. I reserve the right to delete any and all outside links. So please ATTACH everything, if you can't attach it, ask me if I could attach it for you. To clarify to ALL members, I HATE OUTSIDE LINKS, DO NOT POST LINKS to files, links to a website is ok, but please do not link things like: pictures, flash, pdf's, videos, etc, etc. See the rule above to understand why. To clarify you can attach images and .PDF files just do not link to them.

• There are many avatars to choose from and you may upload your own NOT link to them you must upload them, I have the maximum settings for the Avatars set at 130x160 (130 pixels wide x 160 pixels high) You can upload a larger picture and the forum will try to re-size it for you but sometimes it won't re-size correctly or work at all, so I recommend that you re-size it to those dimensions before uploading it. Some animated gifs are allowed, however it is up to the discretion of the admin team.

• Only text and links can be in your signature line, NO images (banners) what so ever are allowed in your signature line. The only members allowed an image in their sig line are MODS who have become premium members themselves, they are  allowed the "Premium Member" image in their signature line since that is the only place they are able to place it. However the admin team may upon their discretion allow a banner in a signature line of a member for certain situations.

• Here are some more rules concerning the signature line. Members are allowed a maximum of 2 links to other websites in their signature line. Also the admin team reserves the right to not allow certain websites to be advertised in the signature line, each site will be reviewed and if the site is not approved the member will be asked to remove it. If the member does not remove it, the link will be removed for the member. Again approvals are up to the sole discretion of the admin team and all decisions are final. The text inside the signature line must be the default, size, font, and color which is black, no use of colors are allowed in the signature line, and special types such as bold, italic, underline, etc, etc are also not allowed. These rules apply to all members of IHD including the "Premium Members". These rules however do not apply to the admin team of IHD.

• Please do not type in ALL CAPITALS, For example do not make your subject line all capitals. It is fine to use some words all capitalized but please do not make the entire post or subject line capitalized.

• Please refrain from making your posts in a different colors or using a lot of colors in your posts. Just stick with the default size, color, and font. You may use colors sparingly to add emphasis to certain words, just keep it simple or you will be asked to change it. You are allowed to use bold, italic, etc, etc. however do not get carried away. This rule does not apply to the admin team.

• Editing of your post is allowed when needed for a correction or clarification, in a timely manner, after posting. Deleting or removing the content of a post is not allowed and will result in a 60 day ban. Removing the text is unfair to our members as it makes the threads confusing and unreadable. If you need to make a revision or would like a post removed, contact an admin BEFORE doing so and we can help you.

• At anytime a member can be banned at the Admin teams sole discretion. Just as a store "Reserves the right to refuse service to anyone" So can the admin team of IHD. Normally a member is not banned unless he or she is breaking a rule, however at times if the admin team feels a member is causing trouble, the admin (any member of) team reserves the right to ban that member. If that member is a Premium Member the member will receive a pro rated refund of the membership fee for every unused month of premium membership.

I may have to add rules to this list as time goes on, and the site grows. Obviously these rules can not cover all situations that come up on IHD so at anytime the admin team can add or delete from these rules. And in certain situations a member may be allowed to break on or more of these rules for certain situations. These rules are not open to debate or interpretation.

All decisions of the admin team are final, challenging a admin decision in open forum will be a bannable offense. This can be handled through PM's and email only.

Please remember the entire Admin team are volunteering their time for your benefit. Please respect this accordingly.

Thank you, If you have a question/comment about the new rules feel free to reply and leave a comment.

-Epoman
Owner/Admin

- Sluff/Admin

-Kitkatz/Admin
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 06:53:12 PM by kitkatz » Logged

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
kevno

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 10:23:28 PM »

The rules are just common sense Epoman. Thats why I asked you if it was OK for my sister to join on my computer.

Kevno

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
kitkatz
Administrator/Owner
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 11:06:25 PM »

I understand the rules.  As the site gets larger and more people join, it can get frantic.  Thanks for the time and care you put into this site.

Katherine

2/16/07   
I have read the rules. Have updated my brain files.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 04:12:28 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
anja

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 10:19:24 PM »

I understand the rules.  Thanks for this site and the opportunity to get to benefit from all the experienced people here!
Rerun
Administrator/Owner
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 10:35:16 PM »

Agreed~   :D

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 07:22:11 PM »

Added this rule, today.

- Epoman
Owner/Admin

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 06:13:10 AM »

Have read and understand.

WillieandWinnie

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
onesicpup

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 11:35:33 AM »

Rules seem quite reasonable to me.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 07:18:28 PM »

Loaded with info and ready..  Epoman thanks for all your efforts.

Sluff
anja

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 08:56:56 PM »

Done
Panda_9

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 09:46:44 PM »

I read the rules when I first joined, just forgot to post that I had read them
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 01:47:45 PM »

All your rules and requests of the members seem quite reasonable to me.

It's not easy being green.
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 02:17:57 PM »

All your rules and requests of the members seem quite reasonable to me.

Thank you, and thank you to all who have replied. When I first created this site, I had no rules. I had wanted that to stay that way but because of spammers and the rate at which this site is growing. I was forced to implement a few rules. Thank you very much for your support.

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

mark j

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 07:49:16 AM »

requested information added      Mark
RichnStacy

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2006, 09:07:58 AM »

I have read, and understand all rules that have been outlined.  Thank you for all that you do!
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2006, 01:31:01 PM »

Added this rule today:
  • About pictures, I do allow pictures. However I do ask that you do 2 things. 1st, resize the picture, please make it as small as possible, preferably no bigger than 450X450 pixels, I ask that you size the pic for two reasons, one is many people still use 800X600 resolution on their monitor and if the picture is to big they will have to scroll to see the whole picture. And the bigger the picture the more bandwidth it uses, the more bandwidth it uses the more it costs me, so please keep all pictures below 150kb. 2nd, do not "link" pictures, meaning do not use the link button to link to an outside site. If that link dies then all we will see is a little red "x". You must use the "attach picture" button located in the "Additional Options" link.

- Epoman
Owner/Admin
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 11:17:59 PM by Epoman » Logged

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

anja

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2006, 10:54:32 PM »

Pictures~  Read and understood~ 
kitkatz
Administrator/Owner
Member for Life

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2006, 11:00:35 PM »

pictures understood

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
RichnStacy

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2006, 09:49:40 AM »

Picture request understood :)
hyperlite

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2006, 09:53:40 AM »

understood
ralph

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2006, 02:43:22 PM »

I understand the rule for pictures  carole
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 07:17:00 AM »

The picture rule has been noted.

It's not easy being green.
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2006, 11:59:23 PM »

oh THAT is why you deleted my linked signature picture. I am an admin on multiple forums (as well as my boyfriend who just joined today as well) and I for one have always linked the picture only because of the character limitations imposed on signatures. Also it saves space.

But since it is YOUR site I will respect that. I just didn't know and since you kinda advertised your page on the site I am an admin on I thought I could advertise on your site. I am glad you at least left the tiny link. Thank you.

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2006, 12:18:45 AM »

oh THAT is why you deleted my linked signature picture. I am an admin on multiple forums (as well as my boyfriend who just joined today as well) and I for one have always linked the picture only because of the character limitations imposed on signatures. Also it saves space.

But since it is YOUR site I will respect that. I just didn't know and since you kinda advertised your page on the site I am an admin on I thought I could advertise on your site. I am glad you at least left the tiny link. Thank you.

Of course you can advertise your link, that is why I left your link. I just don't want to start a trend and have a bunch of members post banners or pictures in their sig line. But of course your link is more than welcomed here.  ;) Thank you for understanding.  :)

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

girlfriend

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2006, 11:26:44 AM »

Read and Understood.. I am a newbie and am just browsing the site now before i go do my intro.
Thanks for allowing me to join
girlfriend

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff........
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »