I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 09:24:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  VITS END
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VITS END  (Read 22957 times)
Psim

« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2007, 09:08:28 AM »

Thinking of you both and sending good wishes and prayers on the wind for Len coming home soon.
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2007, 11:42:08 AM »

LEN'S HOME  :yahoo;

I got up at 4 am and left before 7. Got to the hospital right after 9 and he was ready to go. It took them until after 11 to get all the paperwork and stuff finished. I brought him home, gave him chicken noodle soup and a roll and now he is laying down. It will probably take him weeks to catch up on his sleep. The puppies are so happy to have him home. I have to go get some prescriptions filled and then figure out what to feed him. He looks awful skinny and kind of pale to me. They changed a bunch of medications, so I have to learn all over again. they said his creatinine was .06 and his white count was down to 9,000 (from 24,000). He is only on prograf (1 mg) 2 times a day. We have to go back to DC the week after next, they want to give him some time to rest (what about me).

:thx; Thank you guys so much for being here. I don't know what I would of done without you. This has got to be the best support group on the planet.

Take care everyone and I'll keep posting.

Kathy
willieandwinnie

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2007, 11:53:31 AM »

:bandance; :bandance; :bandance; That's fantastic! Keep feeding him the chicken soup--it does wonders! It's very nutritious.

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
2_DallasCowboys

« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2007, 12:00:29 PM »

Yaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!

I was sooo happy to  read your Len is home!

I bet he will recoup real fast, with being back in his
own house and having you and the doggies rite there.

I hope YOU also can catch your breath, and have a
good rest.
Again, so happy for all of you

Anne :2thumbsup; :yahoo; :clap; :bandance;
KR Cincy

Home hemodialysis since May 07

« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2007, 12:07:27 PM »

We all know there's no getting better in a hospital! Glad he's home so you BOTH can rest and recover!! Take care...

Not giving up...thanks to Susan.
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2007, 02:52:13 AM »

:cuddle;  Oh thats wonderful news. 

:waving; Welcome Home Len.

No more adventures for a while o.k! Take care, relax, rest and get fit and well.     :grouphug;

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2007, 04:10:44 AM »

Glad to hear Len is finally home. You will rest easier not having the four hour drive everyday. Hmmm what can you do with that time?  SLEEP, REST.   :grouphug;  give Len my best.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 05:30:05 AM by Sluff » Logged
skyedogrocks

Rob showing off his pot of gold!

« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2007, 05:29:29 AM »

Yeah Kathy!!!!  I am sure Len is THRILLED to be home, just as you are!  You are such a great wife, Len is lucky to have you.  Here's to Len getting better and you & the dogs having your honey back!   :wine;

Wife to Rob who is currently doing Nx Stage Home Hemo Dialysis.

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
Psim

« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2007, 09:24:37 AM »

Yay! Len's home! I hope you can get some rest too, now that you're not doing that long wretched commute. Tell those dogs to love you both up good!
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2007, 09:57:48 AM »

So glad Len is home and even more glad that you can slow down just a bit.  I am sure you are exhausted.  Just like with a new baby, rest when he is resting. Don't spend that time cleaning--you need to take care of yourself too.    I pray the road will be much smoother for the two of you. You have been through alot. :grouphug;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2007, 02:08:19 PM »

:clap; Yay Len!
 :cuddle; Rest Kathy!!!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2007, 02:09:09 PM »

How is Len feeling? Hope he improves every day!

willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2007, 04:54:13 PM »

Hi Everyone

Len is improving daily  :yahoo;. He is always hungry, which is good. The GI doctor put him on a new medication called Amitiza, it keeps more fluid in the bowels, and it seems to be helping. He is on a low fiber, low residue diet and will be for a couple of weeks, then they will start adding some fiber. He doesn't go back to Washington Hospital Center until next Tuesday. I'm still concerned that the only rejection meds he is taking is 1 mg of Prograf twice a day. He is drinking plenty of water and is peeing up a storm. He is catching up on his sleep and not getting up so many times during the night to pee. When he came home from the hospital he was down to 124 pounds and as of today he is almost 127 pounds. We just keep taking baby steps. I took him for a ride to Point Lookout State Park (it is were the Chesapeake Bay and the Potmac River meet) yesterday and we walked down a rather long pier to watch boats. It's almost getting to chilly to do that much longer, but he needs to get out walking. :snowman;

As for me, I'm still worn out. I had to get my flu shot, the yard had to be cut, tomorrow they are coming to pick up dialyzed/RO and supplies (so I moved most of it out in our garage to have room to pack stuff up) and if that wasn't enough, I just got back from taking both dogs to the Vet to get their shots updated. It has been a pretty busy day. Oh, and I cook 3 meals today also. No wonder when I hit the bed at 10pm I am out like a light within minutes.

We have a hot tub on our deck and I'm thinking that maybe later this week I might have to get a glass of  :wine;  my new book and go chill out. I have to see how things go. I love checking IHD during the day. I'm so glad that more patients and caregivers are finding this site. I don't know what I would of done without it.

I just love you guys. Have a nice evening.

willieandwinnie

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2007, 04:59:40 PM »

What a nice update and nice sentiments.

We love you guys too, make sure you find that hot tub this weekend, you deserve it.
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2007, 04:06:56 AM »

:banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

The rescue squad took Len to Hospital last night. Same thing, double over in pain, never did throw up. Admitted him and started IV and gave pain medication. They did a CAT scan and said blockage. Dr. Paul from Washington Hospital Center called me and said he doesn't think so. His labs came back perfect. No fever, no evaluated white count, kidney is working great.  I guess decisions will be made today about transferring him again. My God, is this ever going to end? I had a $300 gas bill last month, we just cannot afford to keep doing this. My health is starting to take a tole on me, I'm worn out. Please say a prayer that this passes quickly. I don't know what else to do right now. Dr. Paul told me that the first year after transplant is the hardest. I'll post when I know more.

Kathy

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2007, 05:44:00 AM »

I wish so much I lived near you and could physically help you through this time.  You have had so much to deal with. I will keep praying for both of you.   Poor Len, he must think things will never be better and you have got to be totally exhausted. Again, wish I was closer-I could sweep, dust and make dinner!  You need some help. If anyone asks if they can help--say yes!   You need a break! :grouphug;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2007, 10:07:25 AM »

If only I still lived near you guys. I have plenty of free time. I'm so sorry this keeps happening. I hope things settle down (again) soon!  :cuddle;

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2007, 11:30:34 AM »

??? No!
Jeeez I can't believe it Kathy.
 :cuddle;

Psim

« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2007, 11:40:06 AM »

I was just reading after being away for a few days -- smiling about Len's weight gain, and your hot tub plans... What a hard hard thing to have him back in the hospital again. I hope they figure it out soon. I'm so glad his transplant is holding up good and strong. Sending you hugs and all my wishes for better news soon. :grouphug;
keefer51

« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2007, 04:02:00 AM »

:grouphug;

i am a 51 year old male on dialysis for 3 years now. This is my second time. My brother donated a kidney to me about 13 years ago. I found this site on another site. I had to laugh when i saw what it was called. I hope to meet people from all over to talk about dialysis.
2_DallasCowboys

« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2007, 06:58:01 AM »

So sorry to read of this latest incident, Kathy!

My prayers and thoughts are with all of you- I do wish
there was someone who could offer you a little help,
it would mean so much right now. :grouphug;

Anne
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2007, 11:12:51 AM »

I know how hard it is to have the husband in the hospital. Everything is on your shoulders all of a sudden.  Just a reminder: Remember to take the trash out on trash day.  That is my hardest thing to remember to do!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 12:42:50 AM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2007, 11:36:07 AM »

I'm so sorry to hear of the lastest setback. Darn it all.  :banghead;  Let us know how he is, and PLEASE,  look after yourself too. I wish there was someone there who could help, darn it. :grouphug;
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2007, 05:44:27 PM »

Sending prayers and good thoughts your way.   :grouphug;

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2007, 01:27:52 PM »

HE'S HOME AGAIN,  :bandance;

I brought Len home this afternoon. The put him on a pretty restricted diet for the next couple of weeks. I can deal with that, I think. We have to go to Washington Hospital Center on Tuesday for Clinic because they haven't seen him in a month. All his labs done here were great except for magnesium that they gave him IV and then started pills yesterday evening. We will see ow things go. He is so glad to be home, me too. Thanks for all the prayers and support. I was getting pretty down there for awhile. My life will be pretty busy this week but I'll post when I can. Thanks everyone again for just being here.

Kathy
willieandwinnie

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »