I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 09:30:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  VITS END
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VITS END  (Read 22961 times)
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2007, 02:42:08 PM »

Hey Kathy,
Boy you've had a very tough road since since the transplant - I can't believe it's been 7 weeks and Len is still having troubles! The symptoms sound very similar to my friend's who had her gall bladder removed. I pray they figure out what to do and get him on the road to recovery! Do you have any friends or family who can help? You must be completely exhausted. Take care of yourself. :cuddle;  :cuddle;  :cuddle;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2007, 03:05:39 PM »

Hi Okarol,

I have a list of questions for these doctors. I feel like they were avoiding me today. I started at 8 am this morning trying to get in touch with them and nobody called me back. It is so frustrating. I have 2 children from previous marriage that are really just doing their best to keep me sane. They hold me and let me cry, keep things straight around the house and outside for me. Len is under strict contact precautions so they don't like to many visitors with him. We have 2 Yorke's that have been through this whole ordeal with Len (almost 7 years) and they don't like strangers in the house. The other night when EMT's and Advance Life Support were here I had to lock them outback. They were left alone for 6 months back in 2001 except when my daughter came to try and feed them (we have a doggy door) they would run outside and get under the deck. They will not eat for anyone but Len or I. I feel like they have been through so much and I really need to sleep in my own bed. They are also my comfort. I know that I'm just rambling here and I'm sorry. Staying this upset isn't going to help Len or myself. Maybe I hear some good news tomorrow. I sure hope so.

willieandwinnie

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2007, 03:31:53 PM »

Here's to hopefully hearing some good news tomorrow Kathy,  you are not alone, we are all with you here in spirit and we are all sending out good positive thoughts.  You need to remember not to push yourself too much, make sure you do get your rest, Good luck and much love to both you and Ken (and willieandwinnie);)  :grouphug;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2007, 04:08:03 PM »

We are all crying with you and saying lots of prayers for Len. We are worried about you, too. I hope family is helping you get thru the days :grouphug;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2007, 05:39:06 PM »

Kathy, I am so sorry for you and Len.  After the transplant it should have been easy and having continuing problems like this is so unexpected.  :(  My thoughts and prayers are with you both, and the Yorkies.  Please post what time on Monday he is scheduled for surgery and I'll say a special prayer at that time.  It will finally be better from Monday on.   :grouphug;  :grouphug;  :grouphug;

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2007, 07:45:19 AM »

Oh Kathy, this has to be so hard on you. You want to be strong for Len, and you are so tired. And now your yorkies are upset too. Poor babies. PLEASE let us know when Len's surgery is, so we can say prayers for him at that time. I'll be thinking of him Monday, well, all wekend, too. Right now, both of you need our prayers. YOU need someone to take care of you, I'm glad you have your children there for you.  :grouphug;
Aldente

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2007, 08:31:26 AM »

I'm speechless, but I'm here because I care.
2_DallasCowboys

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2007, 09:10:55 AM »

Kathy,

I really, really feel for you with what you are going thru
with your husband right now.   I am praying  for both of
you, for Len to have a quick recovery and for you to
stay strong thru this.  I am so sorry to read of this
ordeal.
I hope you are able to get some much needed rest,
and please hug your precious Yorkies for me.

Anne
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2007, 09:51:47 AM »

kathy,

i just found this thread and i really don't know what i can say. i want so much to make it better for you. wish there was someone from the board to be there with you, do the driving etc. our thoughts and prayers are with you. hopefully there will be the right resolution to all this soon and you can get back to normal.

susan

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
Psim

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2007, 09:55:52 AM »

What a scary time for you two! I'm so glad he's doing better. I hope you get some rest soon and all goes smoothly for a long long time.
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2007, 01:49:27 PM »

Oh Kathy! I just read this thread for the first time and I'm sooo sorry to hear about Len and yourself! Please just know, Washington Hospital Center is a great hospital (I know,  spent a week in ICU there)and they will do everything they can to help Len. Just remember to talk time out to de-stress yourself. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers!   :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle;

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2007, 02:33:30 PM »

My prayers are with you both for better times.
kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2007, 05:22:51 PM »

Still praying for ya, hoping today is better...

Married - three children.
Alports female, diagnosed ESRD 10/04
11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
2/3/09 - Transplant from an angel of a friend!!!
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2007, 05:51:29 PM »

Lord,
Give this family some good news today.
Help her to take care of him to the best of her ability.
Allow him to feel better and to recover.

Amen

Prayers are being sent daily for you all.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2007, 06:48:29 PM »

:grouphug;  Hoping today brings better news.   :cuddle;

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2007, 06:55:31 PM »

Prayers are with you both that today was a good day and tomorrow better.  :grouphug;

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2007, 07:03:00 PM »

Sorry Im just reading this thread now, Im sorry to hear len has been having so much trouble after the transplant.

Sending good thoughts and prayers both your way.

Amanda
xxoo

:grouphug;
letaek

« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2007, 09:28:57 PM »

I send you my well wishes, Len is in my thoughts and prayers.

Will always love you Dad-hemo for 2 years & passed away 10.28.07
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2007, 12:53:12 AM »

Praying things soon turn around for Len & you  :grouphug;

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2007, 11:05:47 AM »

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. Len is still in Washington Hospital Center. He is getting TPN for calories and they did start letting him have a low fiber - low residue diet. They said that the Barium used for CAT scan showed a narrowing but everything went through finally. He is on a bunch of stool softeners, laxatives and reglan to empty his stomach. They are screwing around with his blood pressure medications because they said that Cradizem can cause bowel problems.  :banghead; Why did they wait until now to see what side affects these medicines have? They put him back on Coreg and Norvac which he has been on for years. He is only taking 1 mg of Prograf twice a day and that has me concerned. I have been trying to get a copy of his labs all day. Nobody wants to return phone calls and it's really starting to piss me off. They treat you like you couldn't possibly know anything or understand what they are telling you. They DON'T want to see me pissed.  :boxing; They have added so much other stuff to the TPN because his numbers are terrible. Potassium, phoshates, iron, magnesium, chloride, salt and a few others I can't remember at the moment. God knows what they will send him home on. I'm wondering if he'll have to have a home nurse. The transplant doctor doesn't want him discharged with the central line in. TOO MANY DOCTORS.

I went to see him yesterday and had a horrible trip home. Sat on the Capital Beltway for almost an hour. Today I am trying to get bills paid and house cleaned in case he does get to come home this week. Our dogs have brought so many leaves in through the doggy door, that instead of vacuuming, I'm thinking about getting the rake. I have been doing a lot of reading on low residue diets and making a grocery list of things he can eat. He is going to have to eat little bits at a time but lots through the day. This should be interesting. He was on this diet 7 years ago and it sucked then, so I'm sure I'll be bitching about it again.

I just wanted to check in and rant again. I seem to do it so well. Thank You Everyone for the prayers and thoughts. They are very much appreciated.

Kathy
willieandwinnie

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2007, 11:14:03 AM »

oh, Kathy. You have our support and prayers. I'm glad you're coming in here and venting!! It sounds as if he is where he needs to be, it's not what HE wants, nor what YOU want. But, he is safer. Now, YOU take care of YOU. Okay?? We want you better so you can enjoy Les when he comes home!!   :grouphug;
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2007, 01:22:47 PM »

Kathy, i hope there is an ending to this madness and you and Len can just enjoy his new kidney and live happily ever after.  Dont give up, please continue to come here to rant, we are all worried about the both of you  :cuddle;  and i am sorry, but i had to laugh at the visual i got of you raking the inside of your house, gotta love them doggies  ;)  I am glad they are there to keep you company while Len is getting better elsewhere ;)  Keep your faith my friend and remember we are here for you always  :waving;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2007, 02:03:12 PM »

That's quite all right, rant away. It always makes me feel better and it even clears my head a little. I hope Len gets better soon so he can come home. That would relieve half of the stress right there! I completely understand how you feel about the Capitol Beltway too! I went to the University of Maryland and drove that stupid thing a lot! It's absolutely horrible! I sat in traffic once for 2 hours and only made it 1 mile! Once that commute stops, that should end another 1/4 of the stress!  :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle;

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2007, 03:48:56 PM »

Keep on going.  I know it is tough with him laid up and out, but you can do it.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
2_DallasCowboys

« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2007, 06:09:56 AM »

Kathy,

Sending you the warmest wishes and thoughts for
Len, and you and the doggies, too!
I hope all of this madness is over really soon for you
(like yesterday!!!!)  and you guys get back to
normal.
Hugs to all!!! :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle;

Anne
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »