I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:19:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Political Debates - Thick Skin Required for Entry
| | |-+  Planned Parenthood?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Planned Parenthood?  (Read 29348 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« on: July 30, 2015, 10:03:49 AM »

Most people think "Planned Parenthood" is a non-profit place women can go to "Plan" their families.  Go there and they can tell you when to have and how many children you can have based on what you make etc... Women's Health Care...  But, it is not.  It is a place to go get rid of your babies in the back room.  Ok, it is a dirty job and someone has to do it?  But, now we find out they are harvesting organs and selling them.  Hmmm People like us who need an organ can't buy an organ.  Hell, we can't even pay for our donor to fly out to surgery or their time off $$$. 

I don't want my tax dollars going to Planned Parenthood anymore.  What say you??

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 10:11:25 AM »

Hell, we can't even pay for our donor to fly out to surgery or their time off $$$. 
I thought expense reimbursement was allowed in the US.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 11:11:22 AM »

Hell, we can't even pay for our donor to fly out to surgery or their time off $$$. 
I thought expense reimbursement was allowed in the US.

It didn't use to be allowed.  I hope that "at least" has changed.  My point is,  Should tax payers fund Planned Parenthood for sneaking around and selling these fetal organs and parts.  Or will this be the break-thru we have been waiting for.  Once someone has donated the loved one for organ donation can the hospital sell it to the top bidder?  Congress has either got to make it or break it very soon.

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 11:25:23 AM »

Not an argument for abortion, but the reality is that the amount the gov spends funding abortions pales in comparison to the amount that would be spent on public benefits programs for the fetuses should they be carried to term, since abortions are unevenly distributed across the socio-economic spectrm.  Read the section in Freakenomics that discusses how Roe v. Wade is the reason an anticipated spike in youth crime never materialized.

Hospitals cannot sell your organs, but can profit off your tissues.   There was a suit years ago where someone's tissue (liver, I think) was used to create a new and pricey medical therapy, and he wanted his cut of the action.  Consent forms have since been modified to protect hospitals from this sort of claim.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 11:40:48 AM »

But, now we find out they are harvesting organs and selling them. 

This is factually untrue. 

I don't want my tax dollars going to Planned Parenthood anymore.  What say you??

I'm happy to have my tax dollars go to Planned Parenthood so that poor women (and men) can have access to contraception (and other healthcare services), which is the best way to avoid unplanned pregnancies, which is the best way to avoid abortions in the first place.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 03:33:03 PM »

This is factually untrue. 
Do you have access to the investigation files, sworn depositions, etc. or are you qualified to make that judgement by getting information off the internet and mass media?
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 04:12:40 PM »

President Obama said it is untrue today.... so I guess it is untrue.

:Kit n Stik;

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 09:00:56 PM »

There are no files or depositions that support the claim that organs were sold. Show me some legal or financial evidence that this is true.  Thank you.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 08:02:41 AM »

Usually video is enough evidence.  But, I bet it is coming which is legal.  Hey, I'm good with it.  If they can sell organs then we can buy them.

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 09:10:19 AM »

Something needs to happen here.  Either Planned Parenthood gets axed and a few people put in prison or the group claiming the disparaging acts needs to be put in prison for libel.

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 12:29:11 PM »

There are no files or depositions that support the claim that organs were sold. Show me some legal or financial evidence that this is true.  Thank you.
I agree that the allegations are unproven.

However, you said the allegations are "factually untrue".   Can you provide proof of this?
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 02:18:08 PM »

Simon Dog, perhaps this will help:

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/planned-parenthood-wrongdoing-indiana

Not every Planned Parenthood clinics that perform abortions participate in tissue donation, by the way, as noted here:

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/07/planned_parenthood_dhh_investi.html

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 03:46:26 PM »

So... are those actors in the videos??  Someone need to answer.  Babies are killed and tissue and organs sold.  That is not a war on women!  Women should be outraged!

Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2015, 08:45:06 AM »

In some areas the only Heath care available to poor women is provided by planned parenthood.  State and federal money is used in many cases to provide this care.  The federal and state money can't be used to provide abortion services its funded separately, and privately.  Most of the screening for cancers that are available to the working poor are provided by this group. 
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2015, 03:10:01 PM »

An abortion is a dead human being. They dont deserve to be cut up and used for other things. Yes, I did see the lady on a FB video who is in charge of this and no, I didnt like anything she had to so nonchalantly say and no, I cant remember it word for word. All I know is that this whole mess needs to be cleaned up.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2015, 11:09:28 AM »

I did not realize just how restrictive funding is on abortion.  So if you are worried that your federal tax dollars are going toward paying for abortion, here is some information that may make you feel a lot better.

https://www.aclu.org/public-funding-abortion

casper2636

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 12:53:03 PM »

Education is the key.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 04:38:45 PM by casper2636 » Logged
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 06:58:18 PM »

It's infanticide and illegal sale of body parts. 

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2015, 10:37:47 AM »

In some areas the only Heath care available to poor women is provided by planned parenthood.  State and federal money is used in many cases to provide this care.  The federal and state money can't be used to provide abortion services its funded separately, and privately.  Most of the screening for cancers that are available to the working poor are provided by this group.

Planned Parenthood doesn't even do mammograms!  So that is a bunch of hooey. 

The animal activists have put a stop to using animals and animal parts for medical research so we have started using throw away babies.  Sick!
There are lots of clinics that do free mammograms and STD screenings other than planned parenthood.

This is not about getting rid or stopping abortion.  It is about profiting from the baby parts.  We of all people should understand that is illegal.

If they were to get pregnant Lions and abort the cub and use it for Medical Research the country would be OUTRAGED!

What is WRONG with people!   

Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2015, 01:37:10 PM »

Planned Parenthoohd provides over nine million treatments a year from diagnosing STDs and treating them to Pap smears.  They perform 327,000 Abortions
For each abortion they provide 30 tests and treatments to women and men.  The Abortions are not paid with Federal funds but are paid for privately. If these services are unfunded the people who rely on them will have no alternative.  Most of the cost of treating the resulting worse conditions will be paid for for the most part by state Medicaid or people with money but no insurance.  I understand you don't like abortions but they are a legal service provided with out tax dollars.  Taking away needed medical care from the poor is needless and cruel.
noahvale
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2015, 04:04:28 PM »

« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 09:02:31 AM by noahvale » Logged
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2015, 07:44:29 PM »

And just who are these organizations that are going to provide these services. The medical care for the poor in this country is already not adequate to meet the needs of the poor, and you are removing the one group that provides a vast majority of these services.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2015, 09:21:07 PM »

"No medical care will be taken away from the poor, " my patootie.  Do you really believe that?  And I have the same questions as Michael Murphy, ie, just who would the Senate describe as an "eligible entity"?  States like Texas and Mississippi have already faffed about with such definitions regarding doctors' admitting rights with the result being that people have to travel hundreds of miles to reach a clinic. 

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2015, 09:33:22 PM »

Forgot to add that S.1881 was defeated over the very queries raised by Michael Murphy.

noahvale
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2015, 10:43:46 PM »

^

« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 09:00:58 AM by noahvale » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »