I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 08:45:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413339 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1625 on: October 27, 2009, 05:13:06 PM »

Reminder:

We want to see your babies, so if you don't know how to post a picture, then read this. 

http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=1297.0

Rerun, Moderator

kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #1626 on: November 03, 2009, 11:09:58 AM »

The donkeys.  Well, I think one is a Mule.    They are all three trouble!

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #1627 on: November 03, 2009, 01:44:07 PM »

Does anyone remember whether or not I posted pictures of Demelza, our new bull terrier who we got a few months back to replace Chloe?
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #1628 on: November 03, 2009, 04:26:52 PM »

My daughter, Melissa, got a new puppy yesterday.  The kids are so excited and Erin (her husband) is like a kid with a new toy.  He is a five month old chocolate lab and his name is Cash.  Johnny Cash if he is in trouble!!   Zeke called me last night and said "Nana we have a puppy"  Of course, I didn't believe him!   And tonight I was sending pictures of baby Maine Coon cats to Todd and his wife. There are three siblings, 15 weeks old and they are so adorable.  I told Todd he could probably get all three at a reduced rate!  They are at the Second Chance adoption center where I got my lovely Maine Coon, Willow.    I will let you know if I talked them into 1,2 or 3 cats!! LOL

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
cloud393

« Reply #1629 on: November 04, 2009, 06:42:57 PM »

I have 2 black labs, 1 terrier mix, 1 shepherd mix, 1 shih-tzu yorkshire mix and 1 big a** cat.  All but the shih-tzu yorkie were strays we took in.  We have been told by most of our friends and family that we are big suckers but, it's just hard to see an animal suffer and not be loved.

May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live.
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #1630 on: November 05, 2009, 02:23:35 AM »

Here's a picture of Demelza, my 3 y.o. bull terrier who we have had for a few months now (to keep Dorothy company after we lost Chloe - after losing Diesel some years ago, we got used to at least having 2 bully girls, so we had to get another girl when we lost Chloe).

kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #1631 on: November 05, 2009, 02:04:49 PM »

What a sweetheart!   :clap;

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
jennyc

First day of school 08'

« Reply #1632 on: November 05, 2009, 06:46:01 PM »

I have an Aussie Shepherd named Toppy, he is 5. We rescued him from the RSPCA about 2.5 years ago. He is so wonderful and funny. He plays soccer, he throws the ball into the air with his mouth and catches it in his paws. For an intelligent dog he can be a bit dumb though. He was playing with me last night and tried to run around in a circle and tripped over his own legs and went flying into the ground.  :rofl;

This is a photo taken Feb 08' with my son Nicholas. He has (toppy) since had a shave to cope with the hot/humid sydney summer and to avoid problems in tick season so he looks a little lilke a brownish huskie now.

Lori, your cats are sooo cute! Can see why you adore them

2003 January - acute renal failure
        March/April - Started PD
2009 October - PD failing, First fistula put in.

Cadaveric Transplant 27/1/2010
Maker

« Reply #1633 on: November 06, 2009, 10:41:33 AM »

Jenny,

Beautiful dog, and CUTE son!! 

- Lori

33 years old
Diagnosed February 2007
Started In-Center Hemo October 2009
Trying to qualify for a living donor transplant

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"  Philippians 4:13
jennyc

First day of school 08'

« Reply #1634 on: November 06, 2009, 04:12:55 PM »

Thanks, they are my 'babies', the dog loves being called baby, son not so pleased!

Honestly aren't animals just the best.... they are the only being on the planet that you can tell all of your secrets to and know that they will never judge, critisize or gossip about you. They always want your attention and are ready for a hug even if it's been a cr&%$y day!

2003 January - acute renal failure
        March/April - Started PD
2009 October - PD failing, First fistula put in.

Cadaveric Transplant 27/1/2010
sutphendriver

« Reply #1635 on: November 06, 2009, 04:19:44 PM »

Here is a link to pics of our baby Sam.  He just turned 2yrs old, he is 17.2 and 1900lbs.  He is used for plowing and log pulls as well as my wifes trail horse.

http://www.uturnproofing.com/kimberlin_sam/

The girl is the wife, the fat dude and the guy in the cowboy hat are local radio personallities,  they were doing some promotional photos.
Im in the red hat.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 04:23:42 PM by sutphendriver » Logged
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #1636 on: November 06, 2009, 05:05:42 PM »

Reminder:

We want to see your babies, so if you don't know how to post a picture, then read this. 

http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=1297.0

Rerun, Moderator

AGAIN!    :banghead;   Read the post picture thread before you do this.  If they are giant it takes up to much room for one and two we can't see it. 

kimcanada
Elite Member

« Reply #1637 on: November 07, 2009, 04:39:35 AM »

what a beautiful horse sutphendriver

http://www.kimhoben.com
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #1638 on: November 15, 2009, 10:54:55 PM »

Miss Camilla, the boys and young Tommy.

Galvo
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1639 on: November 15, 2009, 11:21:04 PM »

Well Galvo it seems perfectly clear who the masters are in your household!!!  :rofl;

Speaking of which I just took a couple of my own that I can put up. I have a small balcony with some potted plants - the little miss really LOVES the cat grass... she goes straight to it and loves to munch on it (good for her I understand) so I caught her in the sun and having a snack....

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Maker

« Reply #1640 on: November 16, 2009, 05:17:51 AM »

Richard:  Aw, Celeste is so beautiful!  I have to get me some of that cat grass...I saw some on Amazon the other day...might be a Christmas present for my kitties.  That's awesome Celested gets to go outside, my cats would love that  ;)

Galvo - you have some cute kitties too!  And a housefull it looks like!

- Lori

33 years old
Diagnosed February 2007
Started In-Center Hemo October 2009
Trying to qualify for a living donor transplant

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"  Philippians 4:13
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #1641 on: November 16, 2009, 02:12:47 PM »

Richard, your girl looks as though she has everything under control.

Maker, a houseful indeed. But a wonderfully happy house, with Miss Camilla in command.

Galvo
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1642 on: November 16, 2009, 03:48:30 PM »

the cat grass was the best thing!! I went to a garden center with my sister one day about a year ago and they had a "cat pack" for only $5 - it had cat grass, cat mint and cat nip plants in little pots - 3 of them for $5!!! So I got home and re-planted them in larger pots on my balcony. The cat grass grows so quickly!! Well anyway I put them in and let Celeste out to see the new plants in her "jungle" and she made an immediate bee-line for the cat grass and started eating!! It must have a subliminal smell that alerted her (I guess that's why it's called cat grass :) ) and she just loves it!!! And it's very good for her to eat that greenery with her regular food (helps with furballs and digestion I believe). She's not so much a fan of the cat mint but sometimes she has a sniff. She didn't care at all for the cat nip - and it died off pretty quickly. LOL.

And of course she LOVES lying in the sun when she can :) I swear if my kitty was human she'd be in a bikini (or topless heheheh) 90% of the day soaking up the rays!! :)

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Des
Elite Member

« Reply #1643 on: November 18, 2009, 01:52:42 AM »

she is gorgeous!!! My dogs eat grass..... it looks like sheep grazing because when the one starts they all "graze" along (all four of them) .. so funny. It is fibre in there diet, I believe.   

Please note: I am no expert. Advise given is not medical advise but from my own experience or research. Or just a feeling...

South Africa
PKD
Jan 2010 Nephrectomy (left kidney)
Jan 2010 Fistula
Started April 2010 Hemo Dialysis(hate every second of it)
Nov 2012 Placed on disalibity (loving it)
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #1644 on: November 18, 2009, 03:54:04 PM »

My friend Debbie lives in AZ and on Monday someone stole her truck in broad daylight at Costco.  Her beloved Cydney a 12 year old Border Collie was in the back seat.  Debbie has been devestated!

Good news is they have been reunited.  Here is a news clip the Television station did and that probably helpped her find Cydney and now someone called and they think they found her truck too.

Here is the video, and then a short article that said they have been reunited.  But, they did a great story.  I bet the bastards were scard to keep the truck too. 

:Kit n Stik;

http://www.azfamily.com/community/blogs/arizona-pets/West-Valley-woman-pleads-for-return-of-dog-in-stolen-truck-70324717.html

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1645 on: November 18, 2009, 05:46:14 PM »

But now you gotta wonder what they did to the truck, was the engine overworked, did they curb hop, ect. The good news is that she got her dog back. However, the pet is not much of a guard dog is it?  :rofl;

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #1646 on: November 20, 2009, 02:01:22 AM »

lol Chris.  :rofl;

However, you just might find that the dog did a similar thing to what I have heard about before. They don't care for material goods. But if you threaten their family, they will leap into action.

My favourite story was about a bull terrier (might have been in South Africa, but without pulling out the book I can't remember for sure) that sat back and watched while an intruder started stealing the video player, TV etc. The burglar was satisfied within minutes that the dog wasn't going to do anything, so he went about his business. He went downstairs into the den (obviously a foreign story because they have a "den") to see what he could nick from down there. Meanwhile, the school bus has pulled up out the front to drop the kids off. On hearing the school bus, and knowing the kids were coming inside any second, the dog leaped from the top of the stair case onto the back of the burglar's neck, and would not let go! Burglar AND dog had to be taken to the emergency room.

:rofl; :rofl; Serves him right, the horrid man.
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1647 on: November 20, 2009, 05:34:17 PM »

lol Chris.  :rofl;

However, you just might find that the dog did a similar thing to what I have heard about before. They don't care for material goods. But if you threaten their family, they will leap into action.

My favourite story was about a bull terrier (might have been in South Africa, but without pulling out the book I can't remember for sure) that sat back and watched while an intruder started stealing the video player, TV etc. The burglar was satisfied within minutes that the dog wasn't going to do anything, so he went about his business. He went downstairs into the den (obviously a foreign story because they have a "den") to see what he could nick from down there. Meanwhile, the school bus has pulled up out the front to drop the kids off. On hearing the school bus, and knowing the kids were coming inside any second, the dog leaped from the top of the stair case onto the back of the burglar's neck, and would not let go! Burglar AND dog had to be taken to the emergency room.

:rofl; :rofl; Serves him right, the horrid man.
That's a story I like and want to hear more of of the aftermath  :2thumbsup; :rofl; :rofl;

Diabetes -  age 7

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #1648 on: November 20, 2009, 06:55:17 PM »

Well, from memory, the dog had to be sedated to remove him from the burglar.  :rofl;

Before anyone gets the wrong impression, bull breeds do not have "lock jaw" contrary to popular belief. Like any dog, if they want to, they'll hang on and stay on with sheer determination! This was not a vicious dog, as proven by the fact he did nothing at the initial sign of intrusion. Just a dog willing to protect its family. A damn GOOD dog.  :thumbup;
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1649 on: November 21, 2009, 01:55:50 AM »

I have had experience with pit buls good and bad, just depends how they are brought up like any other dog.

Diabetes -  age 7

Knee Surgery 2010