I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:29:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Don't "F" with my chair!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Don't "F" with my chair!  (Read 42044 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2006, 06:10:08 PM »

What would you do if someone else liked the same chair as you and also wanted that spot every time?  :P

I would pull out a fake ID and say I was from INS.  The other patient would run!   >:D

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2006, 10:30:59 PM »

I LOVE that idea. That would empty half my unit.  Teehee.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2006, 08:05:06 PM »

What would you do if someone else liked the same chair as you and also wanted that spot every time?  :P

I would pull out a fake ID and say I was from INS.  The other patient would run!   >:D
What is INS?

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2006, 08:31:31 PM »

Immigration and Naturalization Service.  These are the people with the power to seize you and deport you back to where you came from if you are in the United States illegally. (So far they pretty much suck at their job! But then I live in California!))

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2006, 08:33:21 PM »

Immigration and Naturalization Service.  These are the people with the power to seize you and deport you back to where you came from if you are in the United States illegally. (So far they pretty much suck at their job! But then I live in California!))

I heard that people can come from other countries and live in the USA without actually becoming a US Citizen? Is that true? And if so, then how come people are being deported who have lived in the US for 15 years and have families in the States now?

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2006, 08:36:47 PM »

The people with proper credentials and paperwork are allowed to live and work in the United States.  My husband has been in the country legally since he was thirteen, he is sixty now.  He has permanent resident status.  He has to occasionally fill out paperwork so INS can find him.  If he is ever convicted of a felony or larger he could lose his resident status.  He has a permanent resident card which he is required to carry with him at all times.  He even served in the United States Army during the Vietnam War. You already know he is my hero.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 10:09:31 AM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2006, 08:39:10 PM »

Alot of people come here illegaly.  Some come here legally for school or jobs, vacation etc and then when its time for them to go they just never leave.  INS is so incompetent is one of the reasons people can be here illegaly for 15 years before being deported.
sandman

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2006, 08:42:46 PM »

I heard that people can come from other countries and live in the USA without actually becoming a US Citizen? Is that true?

Yes, this is called a residency.  You can live in the US without being a citizen.

And if so, then how come people are being deported who have lived in the US for 15 years and have families in the States now?

Because they failed to go through the legal channels to obtain a residency.
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2006, 08:45:50 PM »

I am looking into getting residency in PA but don't want to lose my Canadian citizenship because .. well .. you never know ... I want to keep it because Dialysis is always covered for me in Ontario at least  ;)

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2006, 08:54:40 PM »

You will have to do it the proper way.  Fill out paperwork and apply. I think you can have dual citizenships but I do not know.  Canada may not let you keep your citizenship if you became one here.  Look into it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 09:24:50 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2006, 08:57:35 PM »

You will have to do it the proper way.  Fill out paperwork and apply. I think you can have dual citizenships but I do not know.  Canada may not let you keep your citizenship if you became on here.  Look into it.
Thx Kitkat :)

I just worry I won't get a chair I like if I do dialysis in the States :P (attempt to bring this back on topic lol)

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2006, 09:00:32 PM »

Don't worry you never get a chair you like.  I would prefer one in my house by my TV with a snack close by.

Lucky Epoman, soon he will have his own comfy chair at home, with his own machine at home.  No chair worries for him. He will always have his favorite chair.

I am JEALOUS!

(See back on topic)

lifenotonthelist.com

angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2006, 09:04:00 PM »

Don't worry you never get a chair you like.  I would prefer one in my house by my TV with a snack close by.

Lucky Epoman, soon he will have his own comfy chair at home, with his own machine at home.  No chair worries for him. He will always have his favorite chair.

I am JEALOUS!

(See back on topic)

Then the only one he would have to say "Don't "F" with my chair" to is family lol :P :D

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
sandman

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2006, 09:17:32 PM »

You will have to do it the proper way.  Fill out paperwork and apply. I think you can have dual citizenships but I do not know.  Canada may not let you keep your citizenship if you became on here.  Look into it.

Already started looking into it.  Canada does allow dual citizenship with the US but if your a US citizen, you can't get dual citizenship with Canada.
kevno

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2006, 06:57:36 AM »

Back to old Reruns chair ;D

I say sit in the chair just to cheese Rerun off >:D you would only get the Glare, plus a couple of weeks rest in ICU :-\

I do not have the chair problem, I am in a room on my own. The same chair, TV, four walls and machine.

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
deej

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2006, 08:31:40 AM »

Excuse my asking, but why are in a room by yourself? Are you infectious? ;)

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave
safely in a well preserved body, but rather
to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting
"...holy shit...what a ride!"
kevno

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2006, 12:52:09 PM »

No ::) It took me 15 years to get out of the way of the other patients. Nice and quiet in a room on my own. No snoring, no farting, no arguing over which channel to watch on the TV. Plus NO Patient Singing :o Now that was painful :'(

Plus the one which is not very nice :-\ Do not get to know the patients as well as I used too. Lost to many close friends. Do not want to get close to another renal patient on the unit :(

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Mom3

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2006, 08:31:15 PM »

My understanding that the rules for people from different countries are not always the same, and that people from some countries can get residency status a lot easier than from others, which may be why a lot of people don't try to go through the proper channels...if those channels don't work for them. Canada is a favored country so Angie shouldn't have a lot of problems with that country of origin.

I was amazed at the mention of visitors in the unit. At both my son's units, the door between the waiting area and the patients is LOCKED. I'm sure there are infection control issues but the rules are sometimes enforced erratically. Depending on who is working etc. I have been allowed to go back during hospital dialysis to bring him things he wanted. On his first visit to his new clinic we were INVITED back, but later right after his surgery we were told we could not help him carry his bags in! Once I was even reprimanded by a nurse for LOOKING IN the open door.  Where we are in SC, families are literally LOCKED OUT!!! :(

Mom 3

Sickness is a hindrance to the body, but not to the will, unless the will consent.
Epictetus
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2006, 10:03:22 AM »

oh in my dialysis unit the door is locked as well and when I had dialysis through my catheter Jeff (Sandman) had to either put on a mask or leave the dialysis room and buzz to be let back in.

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
sandman

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2006, 06:32:29 PM »

And here, I thought they locked the doors for security reasons.
Panda_9

« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2006, 10:00:02 PM »

They lock the doors here after a certain time, think its 6pm, for security reasons. One night when I was in there, there was someone dodgy hanging around wanting to come in.
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2006, 05:30:32 AM »

The people with proper credentials and paperwork are allowed to live and work in the United States.  My husband has been in the country legally since he was thirteen, he is sixty now.  He has permanent resident status.  He has to occasionally fill out paperwork so INS can find him.  If he is ever convicted of a felony or larger he could lose his resident status.  He has a permanent resident card which he is require dot carry with him at all times.  He even served in the United States Army during the Vietnam War. You already know he is my hero.

Joe's a permanent resident too.  Where is your husband from originally?

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Hephs-little-lady

Always dance like no one is watching!

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2006, 07:22:36 AM »

When Heph was in centre hemo patient, they locked the outside door, even the patients (sorry hate to call you all patients) had to buzz. I was allowed in though, some of the nurses didn't like it, but there was no rule against it. I was even allowed while they were putting him on and taking him off. A couple of times when Heph was actually an in-patient with infections his consultant called and suggested I come in and visit while he was on dialysis at the unit! I didn't go very often though, just when Heph needed company or on special occasions, Christmas Eve, New Years eve.........  :D

:D Knowledge Is Knowing That A Tomato Is A Fruit, Wisdom Is Not Putting It In A Fruit Salad.
susie q

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2006, 01:28:33 PM »

In my unit you have a choice between a bed or a chair.. I use a bed.. always in the same spot.
We are allowed visitors.. except when patients are being put on or off.. no locked doors.. wide open.. anyone can walk thru..  ::)  And, everyone has their own tv..  ;D
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2006, 07:49:32 PM »

In my unit you have a choice between a bed or a chair.. I use a bed.. always in the same spot.
We only have reclining chairs.

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »