I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:55:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Marriage Protection Amendment
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marriage Protection Amendment  (Read 23600 times)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 02:32:16 PM »

hahaha Epoman, pretty offensive to some, but the message is so true!

And Rerun, the difference in our Bibles is probably due to the fact that mine is a Protestant Bible, which I would wager yours is not.  ;D

And it wasnt  God that set down rules...it was a bunch of men who "could hear God talking to them" who set down the rules...  ;D

But yeah we've had a good debate, I think both sides argued their point very well, and just for anyone who might have thought this whole debate got a little heated, it was all in good fun, and we're all still friends here!  ;D Because as the Chinese guy who got the boot from this site said: "we've all been punished by God by having our kidneys fail"! so I guess we're all in God's bad books whether we agree with gays getting married or not! hahaha  ;D ;D

Was? don't tell me the debates over? It's just getting good.  >:D

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 02:32:39 PM »

hahaha Epoman, pretty offensive to some, but the message is so true!

And Rerun, the difference in our Bibles is probably due to the fact that mine is a Protestant Bible, which I would wager yours is not.  ;D

And it wasnt  God that set down rules...it was a bunch of men who "could hear God talking to them" who set down the rules...  ;D

But yeah we've had a good debate, I think both sides argued their point very well, and just for anyone who might have thought this whole debate got a little heated, it was all in good fun, and we're all still friends here!  ;D Because as the Chinese guy who got the boot from this site said: "we've all been punished by God by having our kidneys fail"! so I guess we're all in God's bad books whether we agree with gays getting married or not! hahaha  ;D ;D

Was? don't tell me the debates over? It's just getting good.  >:D

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

hyperlite

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2006, 02:40:28 PM »

hahaha well I can keep going, I just thought that people might have been getting tired of it?
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2006, 02:44:30 PM »

hahaha well I can keep going, I just thought that people might have been getting tired of it?

Not me.  >:D

<jimcarrey>
I LIKE IT ALOT!
</jimcarrey>

;D

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
Current NxStage &amp; PureFlow User.

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2006, 03:35:13 PM »

I am going for more popcorn to watch the debate.  It is very interesting!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2006, 04:18:04 PM »

Oh man, I just came back from driving through the city where Rerun lives, and I saw this.  :o Man she means business!  :o

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

hyperlite

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2006, 04:21:17 PM »

hahaha priceless!!
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2006, 04:38:30 PM »

Oh man I just say this on CNN  :o, I did a screen capture.  :o

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

hyperlite

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2006, 04:55:13 PM »

Yeah I was just watching CNN and I saw this news flash!
hyperlite

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2006, 04:57:08 PM »

And to show their support, Hollywood did a little remodelling!
Gus

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2006, 06:27:25 PM »

Hahaha, amusing thread......... I guess everyone wants to rule the world....  :D
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2006, 07:23:44 PM »

Hi everyone,  Boy, has this thread been steamin' or what?  I just have a question,  not good or bad, just a question to everyone,  What would you do if your:  Son, Daughter,  Best Friend, Aunt, Uncle, Cousin,  someone you care about came "Out" to you?  would you support them or condem them?   I have gays in my family (male and female) and the only thing that bothers me about the subject is that it bothers so many people.  My cousin and his partner have been together for 13 years,  they are both very successful, very active in their community, well liked in their neighborhood and so on.  They also have "differences" just like any male/female couples may have.   Not to say its right or its wrong, but who am I to judge?  I am not the one who will stand before God   What if someone i loved dearly came to me and said they were gay and wanted me to meet their partner?  what would i do?  i would welcome them in my home just like i would anyone else.  But what would you do?  Honestly, think about it?  it is so possible that someone you love and care about is gay or bi-sexual, but because of some of your strong beliefs against it, they are afraid to talk to you, thats not how it should be,  if you are their friend, they should be able to tell you anything.  I am not writing this to offend anyone, please dont even think that,  i was just wondering what others would do in the situation.   Thank you all for your honesty, i've learned so much.

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2006, 07:36:50 PM »

Hi everyone,  Boy, has this thread been steamin' or what?  I just have a question,  not good or bad, just a question to everyone,  What would you do if your:  Son, Daughter,  Best Friend, Aunt, Uncle, Cousin,  someone you care about came "Out" to you?  would you support them or condem them?   I have gays in my family (male and female) and the only thing that bothers me about the subject is that it bothers so many people.  My cousin and his partner have been together for 13 years,  they are both very successful, very active in their community, well liked in their neighborhood and so on.  They also have "differences" just like any male/female couples may have.   Not to say its right or its wrong, but who am I to judge?  I am not the one who will stand before God   What if someone i loved dearly came to me and said they were gay and wanted me to meet their partner?  what would i do?  i would welcome them in my home just like i would anyone else.  But what would you do?  Honestly, think about it?  it is so possible that someone you love and care about is gay or bi-sexual, but because of some of your strong beliefs against it, they are afraid to talk to you, thats not how it should be,  if you are their friend, they should be able to tell you anything.  I am not writing this to offend anyone, please dont even think that,  i was just wondering what others would do in the situation.   Thank you all for your honesty, i've learned so much.

Very good question goofynina  :)

Honestly, I have ALREADY told my son, that he can come to talk to me about anything. He is currently 9 years old. He and I have a beautiful relationship. He comes to be about everything. I told him it doesn't matter WHAT IT IS, I told him "I don't care if you come home one day and tell me dad, I like to kiss boys" I will still love you unconditionally. I won't like the fact that my son is gay but I will love him and support him in every aspect of his life. I hope as my son grows older he and I will be able to maintain that level of trust and respect.

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Gus

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2006, 07:50:39 PM »

Frankly,

just about every family tree regardless whom it may be there is a gay member. However, some of them keep it to themselves, its their private personal life. Same with most of us who are not gay, we keep our private personal lives to ourselves.

Anytime in our life it will be revealed, in this as an example, a cousin of mine. Never knew he was gay and years later it was revealed. He's a very respecting individual, outgoing and very socialable...holds a very nice job and has money to spend. We talk like normal people, so I don't see anything wrong with that...as long he's respectful as a human beeing should be.
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2006, 07:58:53 PM »

Very Good Answer Epoman,  Your son is very lucky to have you as a father,  i've seen my share of instances when the father goes off the deep end cuz he just found out his son was gay,  now, they are no longer on speaking terms,  it's been 5 months and the son is hurting so much for his fathers acceptance,  he is slowly losing his identity, lost his apt. on the verge of losing his job,  all because some people do not know how to accept it.  I think it is just sad, but, hey, who am i huh?  I think and hope that some people who are against this whole gay issue thing would stop for one minute and just think to themselves "What would i do"   

www.kidneyoogle.com
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2006, 08:06:56 PM »

Other questions?

What would you do if your son or daughter came to you and said I'm on drugs and I like it.  OR I'm an alcoholic.  OR I'm quitting school.

When you KNOW the truth, and what is right, you are NOT going to let your loved ones carry on with their choices.  AND the Gay lifestyle is a "choice."

There is our differences.  I think immoral sex is a choice, wheather it is molesting, raping, premarital sex, homosexuality, peeping Toms or Peeping Janes.

If Gays are born that way, then are they a product of a genetic mix-up like a downs child?

goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2006, 08:13:07 PM »

In response to Gus's reply #2 on p.1 of this thread,  in my heart, i know that a marriage is between a man and a woman,  so therefore i married a man, i am happy, end of story.  But, who am i to tell or say to someone who may have (and is entitled to) their own beliefs and think that it is ok, Well, hey,  if they want to go for it, then by all means GO FOR IT,  again,  we are not the ones who will be standing before the Lord trying to explain,  they will be.  Why cant we just leave them be?   What if God asks us why did we judge them?  Maybe by some of those who are banning gays or doing hate crimes,  what are they doing?  Are they judging?  If they think they know so much about what is right and what is wrong,   what about "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you?" and  "Love thy neighbor"  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE,  Do not take this in any offense,  i am just very interested in this topic and i value everyone's opinion.  I am not directing this to anyone by any means,  I just like the fact that we are adults, having a very political conversation and we are all sharing our opinions,  thats all....

www.kidneyoogle.com
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2006, 08:24:04 PM »

I honestly do not believe that a gay lifestyle is a choice.  I once saw that it could be possible that that a gay man, may have more female genes (i believe they called it chromosomes) than male, therefore, they are attracted to males.  and same with females.  i can get deep into conversation about past childhood experiences but i dont think that would do anything but have people judge me and i dont want that,  "been there done that" lol,   OHHHHH LORD,  CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG???  lol,   and if someone i loved came to me and said they were on drugs or were an alcoholic, only thing i can do is try and direct them to a rehab or something,  you know the saying,  you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make them drink,  unless they come to me and ask me to help them stop, then you best believe i am gonna hog tie them with a quickness and drive them to the nearest AA or NA or whatever, wherever and whoever is availiable to help them,  now this quitting school business, if its a kid, then, HELL NO YOUR NOT,  but if its an adult,  they must have their reasons,  of course i will hear their reasons and try and weigh the pros and cons but in the long run,  it will be their choice, 

www.kidneyoogle.com
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2006, 08:32:55 PM »

Frankly,

just about every family tree regardless whom it may be there is a gay member. However, some of them keep it to themselves, its their private personal life. Same with most of us who are not gay, we keep our private personal lives to ourselves.

Anytime in our life it will be revealed, in this as an example, a cousin of mine. Never knew he was gay and years later it was revealed. He's a very respecting individual, outgoing and very socialable...holds a very nice job and has money to spend. We talk like normal people, so I don't see anything wrong with that...as long he's respectful as a human beeing should be.

Surrrrrrre! a cousin  ;)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2006, 08:37:04 PM »

Other questions?

What would you do if your son or daughter came to you and said I'm on drugs and I like it.  OR I'm an alcoholic.  OR I'm quitting school.

When you KNOW the truth, and what is right, you are NOT going to let your loved ones carry on with their choices.  AND the Gay lifestyle is a "choice."

There is our differences.  I think immoral sex is a choice, wheather it is molesting, raping, premarital sex, homosexuality, peeping Toms or Peeping Janes.

If Gays are born that way, then are they a product of a genetic mix-up like a downs child?

Ahhhh Rerun, I thought you would respond some how to this picture.  >:D  >:D  >:D

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

hyperlite

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2006, 08:42:51 PM »

If my child came to me and said I'm addicted to drugs, I would help them get off drugs. This is a health issue. The same goes with alcohol. If my child came to me and said I am quitting school (if they were of the age to do so), then I would first tell them the benefits of staying in school, and what a good education can do for you (I would lead by example). But if my child wanted to become an apprentice of some sort, or get a job, I would support them. If my child said they were gay I would support them with whatever they chose. Drugs, alcohol, dropping out of school (and doing nothing) all have very negative impacts. Being gay doesnt. You arent going to overdose, you arent going to cause your liver to shut down, and you arent going to have problems finding a job.

A genetic mix-up like a downs child? not at all. Its not a genetic disease. Its not a disease at all. Its the same as how some men like blondes. Some men like big breasts. Some men like nice butts. Some men will take whatever they can get. Some woman like a strong build. Some woman like a tall man. Some women only like $$$ haha. They can't explain why, its part of who they are. Youre not going to be able to find a "gay gene" because there probably isn't one. However you may find a part of the brain that is functioning differently in a homosexual, compared to a heterosexual. Just the same as how you might find a part of the brain of a piano virtuoso different than a heroin addict begging for change on the street corner. The human brain is so complex, and will definitely not be fully understood until long after our days on Earth.

But back to the original discussion...Im not arguing whether homosexuality is normal, or natural, or even right. Im arguing that in our society, which is a society built upon free rights, all human beings should be given the same rights, no matter their race, their education, their sex, their social status, their sexual orientation, their religion...basically no matter what the SUPERFICIAL differences between them. As long as they are a member of this society, and do not harm others, they deserve every right that every other member of the society has.

You can't use a religion to make laws that will govern a society. Because who is to say that your religion is right? (or wrong) What if I made a new religion that said "women must be men's slaves". And I wrote a book saying that the all-mighty God of this religion gave me a set of rules that must be followed, or we will suffer for all of eternity. And I wrote in this book a bunch of stories that happened, but I didnt really tell the entire story, or I made the story's morale fit the purpose of my religion. An example would be: There was a great city where women were becoming powerful. They were doing the work of men. God was angry with this, and he struck down upon the great towers that stood before these men and women, and they knew his fury.
Now lets say that all the kids think my religion is cool, and start following it. How would you feel when the next generation decided to re-write the constitution to say that it is illegal for women to be paid more than men (or paid at all), and it is illegal for women not to obey a man's every word. Pretty ridiculous don't you think? But the people following my religion would think it made perfect sense.
That's why you can't let religion govern a country.
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2006, 08:50:52 PM »

DAAAAAYUM,,,,you go Hyperlite,  you know what your sayin' dont you? 

www.kidneyoogle.com
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2006, 08:51:15 PM »

If my child came to me and said I'm addicted to drugs, I would help them get off drugs. This is a health issue. The same goes with alcohol. If my child came to me and said I am quitting school (if they were of the age to do so), then I would first tell them the benefits of staying in school, and what a good education can do for you (I would lead by example). But if my child wanted to become an apprentice of some sort, or get a job, I would support them. If my child said they were gay I would support them with whatever they chose. Drugs, alcohol, dropping out of school (and doing nothing) all have very negative impacts. Being gay doesnt. You arent going to overdose, you arent going to cause your liver to shut down, and you arent going to have problems finding a job.

A genetic mix-up like a downs child? not at all. Its not a genetic disease. Its not a disease at all. Its the same as how some men like blondes. Some men like big breasts. Some men like nice butts. Some men will take whatever they can get. Some woman like a strong build. Some woman like a tall man. Some women only like $$$ haha. They can't explain why, its part of who they are. Youre not going to be able to find a "gay gene" because there probably isn't one. However you may find a part of the brain that is functioning differently in a homosexual, compared to a heterosexual. Just the same as how you might find a part of the brain of a piano virtuoso different than a heroin addict begging for change on the street corner. The human brain is so complex, and will definitely not be fully understood until long after our days on Earth.

But back to the original discussion...Im not arguing whether homosexuality is normal, or natural, or even right. Im arguing that in our society, which is a society built upon free rights, all human beings should be given the same rights, no matter their race, their education, their sex, their social status, their sexual orientation, their religion...basically no matter what the SUPERFICIAL differences between them. As long as they are a member of this society, and do not harm others, they deserve every right that every other member of the society has.

You can't use a religion to make laws that will govern a society. Because who is to say that your religion is right? (or wrong) What if I made a new religion that said "women must be men's slaves". And I wrote a book saying that the all-mighty God of this religion gave me a set of rules that must be followed, or we will suffer for all of eternity. And I wrote in this book a bunch of stories that happened, but I didnt really tell the entire story, or I made the story's morale fit the purpose of my religion. An example would be: There was a great city where women were becoming powerful. They were doing the work of men. God was angry with this, and he struck down upon the great towers that stood before these men and women, and they knew his fury.
Now lets say that all the kids think my religion is cool, and start following it. How would you feel when the next generation decided to re-write the constitution to say that it is illegal for women to be paid more than men (or paid at all), and it is illegal for women not to obey a man's every word. Pretty ridiculous don't you think? But the people following my religion would think it made perfect sense.
That's why you can't let religion govern a country.

Ok, Ok, damn you don't have to call me out, next time just use my name.  :-[ :-\

;) ;D

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

hyperlite

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2006, 09:09:02 PM »

hahaha we all have our "vices;D
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2006, 09:23:54 PM »

Oh, O...... I posted something and it didn't show up here!  If anyone sees it elsewhere, let me know so I can move it!   ;D

Oh, but a Government that hates women?  I think it is already in Saudi Arabia.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »