I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:24:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Pregnant and on dialysis
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pregnant and on dialysis  (Read 15324 times)
Beth36

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2007, 05:03:04 PM »

Good luck with your pregnancy and remember to take care of yourself.  I can honestly say that I would do anything to keep my son healthy and there is something to be said about a mother's love....good luck!

Beth

Mom had positive crossmatch transplant at Mayo Clinic on 6/13/08!!
Deanne
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2007, 10:58:14 AM »

I think I read in one of your messages that your Dr is putting you in the hospital in January until your baby makes his / her arrival. Did I read that right? If so, will you have internet access so you can keep us updated on your, and your baby's, progress?

Deanne

1972: Diagnosed with "chronic kidney disease" (no specific diagnosis)
1994: Diagnosed with FSGS
September 2011: On transplant list with 15 - 20% function
September 2013: ~7% function. Started PD dialysis
February 11, 2014: Transplant from deceased donor. Creatinine 0.57 on 2/13/2014
misschell78

daniel waving to the people

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2007, 08:11:07 AM »

yep i will be held hostage at baylor until daniel decides to leave my body! and yes i will have internet access. i'll keep ya posted

"Lord be fence all around me everyday"
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2007, 08:35:51 AM »

Best wishes to you. I'll pray everything goes well.

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2007, 09:39:30 AM »

Girl, please know that your IHD family is with you all the way.  :grouphug;  You know that Daniel is going to be our very own IHD baby!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2007, 12:46:19 PM »

Your new sonogram picture looks good!   He looks like he'll be big!  Congrats again!    :beer1;

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
misschell78

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2007, 08:44:49 AM »

:yahoo; This just in.... Daniel the fetus is growing by leaps and bounds. He is at 17 weeks gestation which makes his mommy 19 weeks preggo! His fighting weight is 11 ounces and he stands at 8 inches tall.  He enjoys kicking his mom and making her dizzy.  Daniel sleeps most of the day and is up all night long.  At his last sonogram he was not in the mood to take pictures, hopefully on Dec 26 he will be in a more playful mood....stay tuned there is more to come on the adventures of Daniel and his mom! :clap;

Bajanne
Member for Life

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2007, 08:58:51 AM »

Wonderful news of our IHD baby Daniel!  Thank you for keeping us up to date on our baby.  The next time he is awake and active, please tell him of all the aunties and uncles that he has all over the world, and how our caring thoughts are with him. :grouphug;

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

oswald

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2007, 09:37:09 AM »

Hi Misschell,  Oswald's wife here...just wanted to give my  :twocents; "two cents", but most of all send you and your growing family lots of love and prayers!!!

When I started to read this thread I was really disappointed by the welcome you were getting...here you were trying to find a place to share your experience and hear from others who may be going, or have gone through it before, because, afterall you are already pregnant...its not as if you said, "I'm on dialysis and think I'm thinking of getting pregnant, what do you think?"...instead of encouragement, well wishes, and advice about being pregnant on dialysis, a good number of folks only had judgment and scary warnings, and even utterances that your baby was a mistake...PLEASE KNOW THAT NO CHILD IS A MISTAKE!!!  You're baby is a blessing, right where he is, and to the world when he gets here!  :angel;

Then I was glad to see the tone take a turn for the better as I read more and more posts...I'm seeing more of the loving nature of the IHD family that my husband is so fond of...God bless you, Daniel, your family and all those in charge of your care - you are all in our prayers...oh and Merry Christmas!  :rudolph;

ESRD 11/95
1st Transplant 7/1996 (failed; Nephrectomy 12/1996)
2nd Transplant 3/1999 (lasted 6 years)
3rd Transplant 5/2007 (lasted 4 years)
misschell78

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2007, 02:23:19 PM »

Thank you soo much. Some of the comments really did piss me off, i was like what was i supposed to do kill my kid. I just had to tell them i was looking for support not critics and them could just sit on it----
Merry Christmas to you too :bandance; 

Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2007, 05:22:48 PM »

Good Luck Misshell. Thanks for the nice update!
tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2007, 11:31:30 PM »

Good Luck misschell cant wait for the updated pics on the 26th

This is a message for Daniel: Take care of your mother ! Be Nice to her while your in there !  Then you can be a normal lil kid when you get out !  :angel;  LOL

One for Misschell  :cuddle; , One for Daniel  :cuddle; and one Big one for both you guys  :grouphug;

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
JDHartzog

what to do w/little kids while in the hospital

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2007, 08:05:07 AM »

Misschell,
I'm pregnant and on dialysis too! I was on traditional 3x/week in center dialysis (my 4th round of dialysis since I was 12) for about 3 months when I got pregnant and I started using the NxStage when I was about 3 weeks and didn't know yet.  When I found out at 10 weeks, every doctor I had and met asked me if I wanted to terminate even though I had already made it clear numerous times that it was not an option.
Right now I dialyze 7 days a week for 3 hours each.  I chose to go to 7 days because I couldn't tolerate sitting for 4 hours. I'm 26 yrs old and have too much to do to sit in one spot for so long!  So far there are no plans to put me in the hospital since all my blood work is still coming back good and the only trouble I've had is that I have been VERY anemic - had to get several units of blood a couple  months ago. The baby is about 20 weeks according to the ultrasounds and a girl.  We are naming her Kaylynn.
I am so excited to hear about you and Daniel!  I hope everything continues to go well for both of you! 

Jenn

(ps. I also have an ultrasound on dec. 26th! How weird is that?!?  ;D)
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2007, 12:40:54 PM »

Good Luck on the Ultrsounds.
misschell78

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2007, 11:37:08 PM »

:grouphug;

JDHartzog

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2007, 07:13:05 PM »

:) :) I finally decided to post here after seeing so many positive and supportive responses to misschell78's posts.  Practically everything else I found had so many negative comments and we don't need negativity. :) 

My ultrasound went well and everything looks great with Kaylynn and she is 20 weeks, 5 days, due May 13th, only 2 days off from the original prediction when she was 10 weeks. :)  And it turns out all the weird "gas" I'd recently been feeling was her kicking and waving (confirmed when I saw her move and felt it at the same time during the US. Yay!

I hope your holiday and ultrasound went well misschell and that Daniel is doing well!  Don't go to stir crazy  :urcrazy; in the hospital.  You guys are in our thoughts and prayers!     :cuddle;

Jenn
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2007, 07:49:21 PM »

It is so exciting for all of us to be a part of watching Daniel and Kaylynn growing.  As you are finding out, this is a very positive place to come to.  Babies are such a miracle and a wonderful gift. My best childhood friend started having kidney problems in her teens.  This was back in the early 70's.  She went on dialysis, and then became pregnant. The doctors did not want her to continue the pregnancy.  Her husband agreed, but Nancy was raised Catholic and didn't believe in abortion. Plus, she wanted this baby.  Everything went well and she had a lovely baby boy named Adam who is now in his 30's.  And that was back in the dark ages---they know so much more now and will give you such good care.  My DIL is a labor and delivery nurse and she gets so attached to the moms who are in the hospital for a few months.   So, we are all here for you and praying for an easy time for everyone.   2 new babies---what a good year 2008 will be!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 02:47:07 PM by paris » Logged

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2008, 03:41:23 PM »

My ultrasound went well and everything looks great with Kaylynn and she is 20 weeks, 5 days, due May 13th, only 2 days off from the original prediction when she was 10 weeks. :)  And it turns out all the weird "gas" I'd recently been feeling was her kicking and waving (confirmed when I saw her move and felt it at the same time during the US. Yay!

How are you doing Jenn? Hope all is well!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
JDHartzog

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2008, 12:48:37 PM »

Hi! The baby and I are both doing really well!   :2thumbsup;  We are 30 weeks 2 days now.  Kaylynn is in the 65th percentile of babies her gestational age!  She is VERY active and her favorite activity seems to be kicking my full stomach so that I get horrible acid reflux!

I just stopped working on Friday (Feb. 29th) because I thought the docs were going to put me in the hospital (like misschell78) but my insurance company wouldn't pay for the hospitalization because the pregnancy is so normal.  So instead I am getting a home non-stress test machine sometime in the next week or so to monitor during my treatments which are 7 days a week for at least 3.5 hrs.  I am scheduled for another ultrasound to measure her growth next week and go for non-stress tests (NSTs) at the hospital 2x a week.

SO I'm staying home now and cleaning house and getting things ready for the baby (and resting of course). :)  That's about all the new info there is for now.  Hope everyone else is doing well!
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2008, 12:59:48 PM »

:clap; Love the good update! Hope all goes well!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Bajanne
Member for Life

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2008, 01:14:54 PM »

Great news!  Can't wait til we have our IHD baby!  has anyone heard anything of Misschell?

Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2008, 12:16:50 AM »

Thats good news, hoping everything continues to go well  :thumbup;

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2008, 07:00:10 AM »

Good news, hope it continues to go well  for both mums to be - can't wait to be an "auntie"  :clap;
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2008, 07:53:59 AM »

Keep the updates coming we want to know how "our" babies are doing. Misschell has not posted since January I hope her and Daniel are OK :grouphug;

MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2008, 07:55:50 AM »

:yahoo; :yahoo;

That's wonderful news!!!  This is so exciting, too!!!  BABIES!!!!

:clap;
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »