I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 04:31:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Heart Stress Test
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heart Stress Test  (Read 7682 times)
frankieb

Carpe Diem

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2007, 04:45:40 PM »

Are you on any beta blockers or other hypertensive meds?  Just asking cause I failed ALL my stress tests(should have studied more, I guess  :lol;).  The first tread mill test I just couldn't do that third tread speed.  I don't do run , not after hip, knee and ankle replacements.  Anyway,  after failing the tread mill they suggested the chemical injection but like the first I could not reach my target heart rate of 150something.  They asked me then if I took any blood pressure medication. I said loads. They wanted to reschedule the test holding my meds, I was so pissed.  I ended up having a heart cath done a week later,  ouch, lucky for me that test showed my heart to be in great shape.   I hope you pass your tread mill test, study much, and...  

RUN, RERUN, RUNNNNN.  :rofl;

But seriously ask your Doc about pressure meds,  maybe you should hold your dose the day before.  just my  :twocents;
           peace,
            frankieb

FrankieB

ESRD DIAGNOSED 10/20/82                                                                                         
Dialysis- 12/20/83-5/18/91
Kidney transplant  5/18/91-7/18/07
Dialysis- 7/18/07- 9/24/07
Kidney transplant date 9/25/07 from my Hero, Donna
Thank You God for my SISTER,  Love you Don
tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2007, 02:26:21 AM »

I can't offer any advice Rerun because I have never had a stress test. But I would like to wish you luck running! :P :cuddle;

I agree with ;
I'll be running on that tread mill away from the nucular needle.

If I am ever asked to do one. I have already declined doing a contrast scan on the grounds of loosing the last bit of function. If it is not life threating that I don't do the scan then I am not having it!

In relation to getting on the Transplant list, I don't think it is a requirement to do a stress test down here. I didn't do one.
Did any of the other Aussies have to?

Nope no stress test here for this Aussie

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
charee
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007, 04:34:20 PM »

I can't offer any advice Rerun because I have never had a stress test. But I would like to wish you luck running! :P :cuddle;

I agree with ;
I'll be running on that tread mill away from the nucular needle.

If I am ever asked to do one. I have already declined doing a contrast scan on the grounds of loosing the last bit of function. If it is not life threating that I don't do the scan then I am not having it!

In relation to getting on the Transplant list, I don't think it is a requirement to do a stress test down here. I didn't do one.
Did any of the other Aussies have to?

Nope no stress test here for this Aussie
i  had to do one to get on the list here in Aus they told me it would be a yearly thing maybe its only a state thing ???

Home Hemo  18 months
Live donor transplant 28th October 2008
from my beautiful sister
Royal Prince Alfred Sydney Australia

Live donors rock
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2007, 05:21:48 PM »

:bump; 

Rerun...... I was just wondering how you got on with the Stress test?   :cuddle;

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2007, 06:55:51 PM »

Are you on any beta blockers or other hypertensive meds?  Just asking cause I failed ALL my stress tests(should have studied more, I guess  :lol;).  The first tread mill test I just couldn't do that third tread speed.  I don't do run , not after hip, knee and ankle replacements.  Anyway,  after failing the tread mill they suggested the chemical injection but like the first I could not reach my target heart rate of 150something.  They asked me then if I took any blood pressure medication. I said loads. They wanted to reschedule the test holding my meds, I was so pissed.  I ended up having a heart cath done a week later,  ouch, lucky for me that test showed my heart to be in great shape.   I hope you pass your tread mill test, study much, and...  

RUN, RERUN, RUNNNNN.  :rofl;

But seriously ask your Doc about pressure meds,  maybe you should hold your dose the day before.  just my  :twocents;
           peace,
            frankieb

DARN I guess I should read my own threads.  I took my BP meds and couldn't get up to the rate they wanted.  They said it may pass but I also may have to take it over.  WHY the HELL don't they tell you to stop your BP meds.  They told me I should hold 2 doses prior to the stress test.

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2007, 06:59:19 PM »

I hope you don't have to do it again. Then again if you do they will get a more accurate assessment.  :grouphug;
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2007, 02:43:02 PM »

Is the incline and speed different for everyone?  Also, how do they determine your target heart rate goal?

This morning on the treadmill my heartrate was 148 and I was walking at NO incline and 3 to 3.3 mph (brisk walking, not long slow strides).   And I don't run unless something is chasing me!  I want to start practicing (studying).  lol   I don't want my stress test to be the absolute first time I've every run on a treadmill and a higher speed!

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »