I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:37:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Other Severe Medical Conditions
| | |-+  Feel like your walking on marbles...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel like your walking on marbles...  (Read 28682 times)
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« on: September 16, 2007, 12:05:12 AM »

OK.. Let me try to explain this feeling. When I walk, I feel as if I am walking on a marble or a pebble... something small, and round.. and it feels as if it's in only one spot, not like I am feeling it all over my foot or anything..

You know where the ball of your foot is? (Not your heel.) It's like straight down under your big toe, well the feeling as if a marble or pebble is right next to the ball of my foot...

It's not severely painful, but it's not comfortable either, and after walking for so long, it does hurt (as if you really were walking on a marble, would you continue? No, because it would hurt.. and be uncomfy..)

What's concerning to me is, this type of feeling is what I used to get waaaayyyy back when I was 12 and it was caused from my Lupus back then, it was actually one of the symptoms of my RA.

So it could just be my RA acting up, but one never knows with my body. I obviously will be brining this up to my Dr Wednesday at clinic if it's still there, hopefully it goes away.

Just curious if anyone else has ever felt this before? If so, what was it caused from for you? Anything to make it go away?

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 05:34:03 AM »

I hope it's not the lupus. Good luck at the Doctors visit.  :cuddle;
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 12:45:35 PM »

I hope it's not Lupus either, do you think maybe it is a callus forming?  Please let us know what they find, I'll be sending good thoughts and prayers your way Angela  :cuddle;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 02:50:08 PM »

It sounds like either a foot spur or faschitis where you need to stretch the ligaments on your foot.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Redbomb

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 04:53:33 PM »

I had a similar feeling years ago.  It was like walking on a pea and after walking for a while it started to hurt.  It turned out to be a "Planters Wart".  The way I understand it, it is a wart that instead of growing out, grows in.

Black
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 06:09:29 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_wart

I had a similar problem to what you describe and it wasn't a plantar wart.  The podiatrist sent me to a prosthetics place to have custom made inserts for my shoes.  They took a mold of my foot and made the inserts with modifications to correct a shifted pad on the ball of my foot.  The lump I felt was that I walking on, was the bone without the ball pad which had shifted forward, almost under my toes.  It was so gradual I didn't realize it was happening.  I have four pair of shoes the inserts fit and that is the only four pair I wear -- wonderful relief after years of pain.  Over time a series of inserts will shift the ball pad back into place.

Hope your problem is something that simple to correct.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 09:07:43 AM by Black » Logged

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 07:56:40 PM »

I wear inserts too from a specialty store.  Helps a lot!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 08:18:03 PM »

I will bring this up to the transplant dr wednesday at clinic, but ultimately it sounds as if I need to see a foot doctor?

Black
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 09:08:58 AM »

Any news?  Are you going to a podiatrist?

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 06:37:56 PM »

Had to reschedule my clinic appt yesterday to Oct 3rd. The feeling is sorta going away.. sorta still there... so it may be gone by the time I go to clinic... evenso, I will bring it up b/c I want them to draw blood for my Lupus.  :thumbup;

Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 06:48:06 PM »

Hi Angela! I was reading a site that went alttle more in depth on Prograf side effects.
There was some mention about the nerves of the feet.
I hope the tests for Lupus come up negative.
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 08:01:24 PM »

Thank you Romona! I wa wondering if it could be a side effect of a medicine.. but my first thought was this feels EXACTLY like when I was 12/13 and it was caused by my Lupus then and RA.

mcjane

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 09:03:30 PM »

Angela, I had the exact symptom your describing & was diagnosed as having Morton's Neuroma, a tiny tumor on a nerve between my toes . Another symptom I had which you didn't describe was a burning feeling on the balls of my feet & under the tips of my toes.

I had surgery to remove the tumors & in no time they were back again. Went to a different doctor & he said the surgery wasn't necessary & a shot of cortisone (between my toes   ouch) would do the trick. It did & the tumors never came back. This was 15 years ago. He was right.

Jane
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 06:36:34 AM »

Oooo.. ouchies mcjane! Glad that did the trick! Of course, when I went to the dr's the feeling was gone, but I still demanded my Lupus test be done, and they did and it's still in remission so thats good! I think it was my RA, cuz its acting up alot now since the cold weather is coming and its been raining for months.

mcjane

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 07:24:28 PM »

Angela, I'm sure I read that you had a kidney transplant within the last year.  I've always wondered if it made a big change in your life.  Did it?
..................................................................................................................................................
Hold on Angela, no need to answer. After I posted this question I found the post about your transplant.  My God, I hope things turn out for you.

I was hoping to see that your life was trouble & pain free after your transplant.  It tears me up to see you having the problems your having.

Jane
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 09:24:15 PM by mcjane » Logged
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 07:19:50 PM »

Well to clarify that thread, my life after transplant is G R E A T. The troubles I am having are not related to the transplant, they were there before it... so I guess as fat as my transplant life, it is great. The pain  am going through totally sucks and it's hard to deal with, but not related to the transplant... so it's kind of a 50/50 answer when it comes to how life is "After transplant"..  :lol;

cris

Nanay, superwoman, super dooper, best mother

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 04:50:40 PM »

Angela, just a thought, i had the same marble feeling before, it was a nerve in my feet that was causing the pain. Someone advised me to go for a Thai massage, they do pressure point massage, and it was gone. Hope yours is all that simple.

cris

there is no greater love than this: "that a man lays down his life for his friend"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »