I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:01:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Political Debates - Thick Skin Required for Entry
| | |-+  Trump and kidney care? Really?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trump and kidney care? Really?  (Read 2490 times)
NCspinner

« on: July 15, 2019, 03:00:06 PM »

Just wondered how many members had seen & read this.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/08/trump-kidney-care-market-1573651

...and how many think it heralds any kind of real change. Or was it just a feel-good moment?
fightingPKD

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 12:06:25 PM »

any improvement is still an improvement.

Regardless of where (or who) it comes from.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 01:22:35 PM »

Allow me to offer a far-fetched conspiracy that has a chance, albiet small, of being right.

• Trump has never before advocated on behalf of any disease
      • Melania was in the hospital for a "few days" for an undisclosed kidney procedure and out of the public eye for a "few weeks"
      • Details were withheld
      • "A few days" is about right for a transplant (3.5 days for me, including the overnight surgery)
      • "A few weeks" is about right for incisional recovery suitable to be out in public without it being obvious
      • A transplant provides reasons for secrecy, to avoid embarrassing questions such as:
        --- If a deceased donor, was her wait time comparable to that of an unimportant person?
        --- Did carrottop get tested

I think there is a very real chance she was transplanted.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 01:29:07 PM by Simon Dog » Logged
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 02:24:04 PM »

This would explain a lot...   :rofl;

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Alexysis

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 04:50:57 PM »

This would explain a lot...   :rofl;

No, she was out of sight for a few weeks while she recovered from a minor face lift. Everybody knows this.

From what I can see, it looks like just another push to get people on PD, because it costs less.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 06:22:28 PM »

President Trump handed it off to the Health and Human Services Secretary whose Father is on Dialysis.  Yes, I think something will get done.  Thank you President Trump.  You are Awesome.

iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2019, 07:21:47 PM »

Interesting investment name given the recent announcements about kidney treatments using PD out of this administration.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/betsy-devos-discloses-millions-of-dollars-in-private-financial-transactions-51564315200

DeVos sold an investment in food distributor KeHE Distributors valued at more than $1 million, invested more than $1 million in a medical-supplies entity known as PD DV, and invested an additional $50,001 to $100,000 in delivery firm Deliv.
PD DV is in the business of “[m]anufacturing and distribution of lab products and medical supplies.” DeVos, who made the investment on May 23, hasn’t previously disclosed investments in a firm by that name. Barron’s couldn’t reach PD DV for comment.

modified to add this link to the filing: https://extapps2.oge.gov/201/Presiden.nsf/PAS+Index/38ECEE1556ED04F3852584410027EB01/$FILE/Elisabeth-P-DeVos-06.05.2019-278T.pdf

I can not fid information on "pd dv holdco, llc"
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 11:23:33 AM by iolaire » Logged

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »