I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:35:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  My daughter Holly's journey continues to amaze us! Check this out...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My daughter Holly's journey continues to amaze us! Check this out...  (Read 3524 times)
Xplantdad

Health is not valued till sickness comes. T.Fuller

« on: December 19, 2018, 06:32:05 PM »

This past Sunday marked a very special and amazing day that our family (and now our extended family) will remember forever.

On Sunday afternoon Holly, my wife Lynn and I met up with the family who donated the heart to Holly, so that Holly would be able to live. Esther and Isidro Munguia in their time of extreme sorrow made the choice to donate all of their daughter Carmen's (she was also known as Carmelita) organs-when a horrible accident took place when Carmelita was four years old. We are so very fortunate that such a close knit and loving and caring family made the decision that they did-in their time of sorrow-so that Holly and others could benefit.

As Leticia (who is Carmelita's older sister) said, this meeting was 28 years in the making. Thank you Leticia and your family for welcoming us and making us feel like part of your amazing family. Also thank you for all of your hard work arranging this meeting and for providing the wonderful food and conversation as well.

As Leticia said, "A sweet little angel has joined our families together forever". I couldn't have said it any better-

In the first pic is Mr. and Mrs. Munguia with Holly. They donated the heart of their 4 year old daughter Carmelita, so that Holly would have a chance at life...

The second pic is Mr. and Mrs. Munguia with all of their children and Holly. Leticia is standing to the left of Holly.

The third pic is Lynn, Holly and I with Mr. and Mrs. Munguia.

They will all now be part of our extended family-forever. It truly was an amazing weekend!

My name is Bruce and I am the caregiver for my daughter Holly who is 31 years old and received her kidney transplant on December 22, 2016 :)
Holly's Facebook Kidney  page: https://www.facebook.com/Hollys.transplantpage/

Holly had a heart transplant at the age of 5 1/2 months in 1990. Heart is still doing GREAT!  :thumbup;
Holly was on hemodialysis for 2.5 years-We did NXStage home hemo from January 2016 to December 22, 2016
Holly's best Christmas ever occurred on December 22, 2016 when a compassionate family in their time of grief gave Holly the ultimate gift...a kidney!
Xplantdad

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 06:34:07 PM »

Here's the article again, for those who hadn't read it before...about little Carmelita  :grouphug;

My name is Bruce and I am the caregiver for my daughter Holly who is 31 years old and received her kidney transplant on December 22, 2016 :)

Holly had a heart transplant at the age of 5 1/2 months in 1990. Heart is still doing GREAT!  :thumbup;
Holly was on hemodialysis for 2.5 years-We did NXStage home hemo from January 2016 to December 22, 2016
Holly's best Christmas ever occurred on December 22, 2016 when a compassionate family in their time of grief gave Holly the ultimate gift...a kidney!
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 07:06:44 PM »

Thank you for posting. I’m glad that both families were able to meet.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 07:27:25 AM »

We can only wonder at His Wisdom. 

God had need for another Little Angel and did so to provide another with a Heart to continue living.

Those that refuse to Believe will argue but I have to Believe.
UkrainianTracksuit

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 11:24:12 AM »

Thank you for sharing! What a journey for both families.  :grouphug;
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 03:55:08 AM »

Many thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures and stories, they are very touching and it is amazing how both families have found their way forward together. It reads and feels like a miracle !
I am so glad that Holly is doing so well and she looks and appears very happy and I thank you again for sharing !
I send you my best wishes, Happy Season Greetings and good luck in 2019.
Best wishes from Kristina. :grouphug;
P.S. Today I was thinking for the first time - since the transplant - to go for a tiny little walk and then I realized that I surely must feel a little bit better and it made me very happy...
I think tomorrow I shall wrap myself up with my warmest winter-coat etc. and shall give it a try and venture for a tiny little walk outside ...   ;musicalnote;
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 04:04:15 AM by kristina » Logged

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Xplantdad

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 06:32:52 AM »

Go forth and have fun!  :thumbup;

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »