I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:53:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  wimbledon
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: wimbledon  (Read 8670 times)
lainiepop

« on: July 01, 2015, 01:43:09 PM »

Anyone watching the tennis this fortnight?! I know thee re some fans on here ;)

1982 - born with one imperfect kidney and no bladder, parents told i would not survive
1984 - urostomy op
1990 - bladder built out of colon
2007 - birth of son, gfr fall from 3O to 26
July2011 - birth of prem daughter, gfr 17%
August2011 - gfr drop to 10%
29th May2012 - RECEIVED KIDNEY 4/6 match from my wonderful dad !
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 02:47:10 PM »

Yes!!!!!!  Rooting for Muzza and Serena!  Nine hours of tennis a day!  Life is good. :2thumbsup;

(Hey, are you watching the Women's World Cup??  The Lionesses will play in the semi final in about an hour's time.  Wouldn't a USA v England final be terrific?  At least it won't be England v Germany...too many bad memories of England losing in a penalty shootout (at least regarding the men's team.))

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
lainiepop

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 12:02:27 AM »

I'm no footie fan so not really!!

I think they'll get a bit of rain at Wimbledon today. My son has got really into it he"s having coaching at the moment and I'm enjoying being back out on the court too 😁

1982 - born with one imperfect kidney and no bladder, parents told i would not survive
1984 - urostomy op
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 03:50:00 AM »

Yes, love watching all the matches!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
lainiepop

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 05:30:19 AM »

Am currently flicking between Murray and ward (another GB player). My son is 8 in October and really into it at the mo he's having coaching and knocking with us. I,m really enjoying getting back on the court. Do u know what he said to me the other day when we were knocking? "Wow that's something I've never seen before." Me, 'what,?' "You running mummy!!!!" Cheek!! I was quite the player in my youth, played in leagues, very competitive, chased down every ball...didn't need to run much as did doubles haha!!) He doesn't believe me! I said if he's still playing will try to take him to wimbledon next year x

1984 - urostomy op
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 06:19:17 AM »

Well, that's weird because I'm watching Murray vs Robin Hasse from the Netherlands with Murray up 2 games to love.  Unfortunately, I have to leave because I have my monthly blood draw, but I'll be back soon to watch the rest of the matches.  Hopefully Murray will have won by the time I get back!

A trip to Wimbledon should be a good incentive for your son to continue playing!!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 07:47:52 AM »

A straight sets win for Andy Murray!   :yahoo;

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 11:43:30 AM »

I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't know who Dustin Brown is.  What a match he played against Nadal!  Wow! :o

lainiepop

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 12:57:00 PM »

I didn't either, Murray should start worrying lol. Centre court looks good tomorrow, dimitrov then djokovic the our poor British girl against serena

1984 - urostomy op
cattlekid
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 04:15:34 PM »

Tomorrow should be interesting.... Novak Djokovic vs. Bernard Tomic.  I just looked up Tomic's Wikipedia entry and it says that even though he is listed as Australian, he has a Croatian background and his parents come from the former Yugoslavia.  Thankfully my Serb husband won't be home or there would be a lot of swearing at the TV during the match.   ::)
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 08:18:01 PM »

I didn't either, Murray should start worrying lol. Centre court looks good tomorrow, dimitrov then djokovic the our poor British girl against serena

Heather Watson was amaaaaazing!!!  She came so close to beating Serena.  I hope she is very proud of her performance against a truly formidable player.

I'm looking forward to the second week! 

Sugarlump
Elite Member

10 years on and off dialysis

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 11:57:32 PM »

Looking forward to Andy Murray's match today.
(His brother Jaimie is through to doubles semi-final too)
May have to schedule my d around match today!!!!  :bandance;  :bandance;  :bandance;

10 years of half a life
3 years HD 1st transplant Feb 08 failed after 3 months
Back to HD 2nd transplant Dec 10 failed after 11 months
Difficult times with a femoral line and catching MSSA (Thank you Plymouth Hospital)
Back on HD (not easy to do that third time around)
Fighting hard (two years on) to do home HD ... watch this space!
Oh and I am am getting married 1/08/15 to my wonderful partner Drew!!!
The power of optimism over common sense :)
lainiepop

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 05:31:08 AM »

Rain at the mo!!

1984 - urostomy op
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 09:39:24 AM »

It will be Murray vs Federer.  Hmmm.....  Both players will have to be at their best.  I don't know if I will be able to bear to watch.

Lots of people don't realize that Jaimie Murray is a Wimbledon champ in his own right, and he's going for his second doubles title.  Judy must be so proud!!

lainiepop

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2015, 11:49:43 AM »

Watching gasquet and warinka at mo, at 9 games all 30 all in the fifth!

1984 - urostomy op
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 12:06:11 PM »

I just can't believe this result!!  What a shock!  It's so nice to see Gasquet pull it out.  He's been around for a long time and hasn't been this far into a Grand Slam for yonks, so great win for him.

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2015, 09:00:26 AM »

I've just seen on TV Stephen Fry sitting next to Martina Navratilova during the Serena/Sharapova match.   I'd love to hear what they've been saying to each other.

Sugarlump
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 09:10:44 AM »

David Beckham with his son Romeo looked cute in the audience yesterday. Would have liked to have been sitting next to him!!!
Now about to watch the doubles semi-final with Jamie Murray. (Salad for tea again!!!)  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

10 years of half a life
Difficult times with a femoral line and catching MSSA (Thank you Plymouth Hospital)
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2015, 09:43:41 AM »

David Beckham with his son Romeo looked cute in the audience yesterday. Would have liked to have been sitting next to him!!!
Now about to watch the doubles semi-final with Jamie Murray. (Salad for tea again!!!)  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I saw that!  They were both cute.  Same for William and Kate.

I'm glad you posted about the semis with Jamie Murray.  They're not showing that match here on US TV, so I didn't realize he was playing.  I'll follow along online!  Wouldn't it be great if both Murrays won the trophy?!!

lainiepop

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 02:06:24 PM »

My son was really happy as his school report came out today and he did fab so when his sister was in bed i let him stay up past his bedtime and watch the end of Jamie Murrays doubles match. Theyre in the final :) He can't wait for his next coaching session on sunday, right before the finAL. Ive attached a slow mo pic of him doing a volley when we practiced with him last week. So hard to get good pics. As soon as he's home from school now he's out knocking against the wall, and we're hoping to knock with him tomorrow and saturday too. Am just glad he's keen on something! His name is Andrew (after roddick fyi! just needs to nail his serve!) Roddick was at wimbledon yesterday commentating, Drew was happy to see who he was named after lol

1984 - urostomy op
lainiepop

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 02:42:29 PM »

Had to post this one of my super donor dad on the baseline ready just in case his grandson misses  :flower;

1984 - urostomy op
Sugarlump
Elite Member

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2015, 12:50:10 AM »

Love the pics lainiepop! A star in the making :clap;

Their doubles match yesterday was fantastic (Murray & Peers) and into the final, now all eyes turn to his brother Andy v Federer today.
Would be fantastic if both brothers in the final.

PS Did you see David Beckham in the audience catch that random bouncing tennis ball and receive a clap from the players. Very funny!!!
Must still have quick reactions!

10 years of half a life
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2015, 01:21:30 AM »

Thanks for the wonderful pictures lainiepop,
and I love the inspiring enthusiasm of your son Andrew !
... On another note, I wish they could stop all those noises and terrible groans of the players at Wimbledon ...
(... it certainly does not sound very classy ...!)
... We have even tried to stop the tone altogether, but that does not help either,
because then we could not hear what the commentators say ...

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
lainiepop

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2015, 12:19:20 PM »

And Andy Murray is OUT!!!!

Hoping federer can carry that amazing form into the final and win!

Sunday is going to be a busy day for us, Elena has her dancing medal test in the morning then Andrew has his tennis coaching at 1 for an hour so we will rush home for the final!

1984 - urostomy op
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2015, 12:22:24 PM »

Gutted for Andy Murray who actually played extremely well.  Sorry, but I can't stomach yet another Fed/Novak final.  At least it frees up my Sunday morning!!

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »