I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 12:18:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Registered Users by Access
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Registered Users by Access  (Read 4052 times)
talker

Talkers oil painting

« on: March 31, 2014, 03:17:52 AM »

Well now , I see the registered 'head' count for this forum is at, and as of 3/31/14:
                       Total Members: 8999
                       Latest Member: Keith Smith
Should have said the above as 'Registered Users', no offense to anyone, but some habits stick and linger on.
Some times stats get me interested in actual numbers.

How many of those 'registered' are:
Catheters
Fistulas
Grafts
Peritoneal

Ah well,  ponder away 'talker'.

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 09:04:52 AM »

And also quite some 'registered 'bodies under the head' have a combination of all 4

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 12:47:50 PM »

And also quite some 'registered 'bodies under the head' have a combination of all 4
Thank you
Is a stat that Is pointing to the difficult events some have experienced.

talker

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 02:06:10 PM »

Those that just "lurk" are not registered.  That is what I love about this site.

You can look and read all you want to.  But if you want to participate you have to register.  It is free except if you want in the Premium Member section then you have to pay $60 a year.

http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=1162.0

Some members are not on dialysis but may be caregivers, or dialysis workers etc.

Rerun, Admin 

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 02:09:27 PM by Rerun » Logged

talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 03:40:03 PM »

Those that just "lurk" are not registered.  That is what I love about this site.

You can look and read all you want to.  But if you want to participate you have to register.  It is free except if you want in the Premium Member section then you have to pay $60 a year.

http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=1162.0

Some members are not on dialysis but may be caregivers, or dialysis workers etc.

Rerun, Admin
While I've blitzed the forum with some serious read time, was only the tip of the ice berg. Needed to get as I call it 'feeling tones' of the forum.
So as you state, there is quite the Dukes mixture of those registered.
While familiar with much of what is posted, there were a few items that made my efforts worthwhile.

talker

Be Well

Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 10:10:12 PM »

This site is pretty easy to run because we have covered pretty much everything 4 or 5 times.  But, something new does come along once in a while.

Talker, if you could help welcome people that woud be a big help.  The new people need a welcome right away so they feel at home.

:welcomesign; 

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 11:36:41 PM »

Well now , I see the registered 'head' count for this forum is at, and as of 3/31/14:
                       Total Members: 8999
                       Latest Member: Keith Smith
Should have said the above as 'Registered Users', no offense to anyone, but some habits stick and linger on.
Some times stats get me interested in actual numbers.

How many of those 'registered' are:
Catheters
Fistulas
Grafts
Peritoneal

Ah well,  ponder away 'talker'.

I think you'll just have to put in time to get to know everyone.
Besides dialysis patients in the categories you mention, there are also members who have early stages of kidney disease, some people are not on dialysis yet. There are also transplant recipients, also some who have had a transplant and are facing dialysis again; there are caregivers, family members, friends, dialysis techs and other medical professionals. Too many to easily categorize!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
komomai

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 04:53:49 PM »

Aloha Talker, 

I've started with PD, infection take out PD tube.
Had a tunnel catheter, infection, take out catheter.
Now have a temp. upper thigh catheter, awaiting a AV fistula surgery that needs a leg graft to be done this week.
My objective is to do my own needles and do it at home.  At least that's what I'm hoping to do.
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 05:12:10 PM »

Aloha Talker, 

I've started with PD, infection take out PD tube.
Had a tunnel catheter, infection, take out catheter.
Now have a temp. upper thigh catheter, awaiting a AV fistula surgery that needs a leg graft to be done this week.
My objective is to do my own needles and do it at home.  At least that's what I'm hoping to do.
Wow. quite the track record going on with you.
Wonder how it would work out, sticking ones own needles.
Ha, I call mine the 'dancing vein',     :bandance;     As the dialysis tech needs both hands to catch it properly. :bow;

Mahalo
talker

Be Well

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »