I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 02:23:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
515768 Posts in 32194 Topics by 11689 Members
Latest Member: nurse57
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Premium Members Only
| |-+  Premium Members Only
| | |-+  Premium Member Information
| | | |-+  Introducing "PREMIUM MEMBER" Title. Find out how YOU can become a Premium Member
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Introducing "PREMIUM MEMBER" Title. Find out how YOU can become a Premium Member  (Read 78663 times)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« on: August 25, 2006, 02:41:21 AM »

Dear members,

As you may notice this site is growing everyday and the bigger it gets the more money it costs, We need to upgrade our hosting package as the site grows and to do so we need your help or this site WILL go offline eventually as we will no longer be able to support it financially after it reaches a certain post count or total membership. Several members have mentioned to me about making this site "Membership Only" but we think that would be unfair to the people who really could not afford to pay to post here. But what we can do is offer a upgraded membership to members who wish to support the site financially. With the membership offered it would include at least 2 premium features, and they are:

First a premium member would have a "special" image under their name to let everyone else know that they are premium members. No member can receive this special image unless they become a premium member.

The second feature would be that "Premium Members" will have access to TWO hidden sections that is not viewable to NON-Premium Members, they are "Premium Members Only" which is a section where premium members can come and discuss certain issues in private and have access to premium members only threads. and "ARCHIVE" which is the section where entire threads that I have deleted (due to authors permission) these threads are the threads that have been either "flame wars" or threads that have been requested to be deleted by members. This section has some threads that we as a community are not proud of. Also as the site grows more new catagories will be added, again premium members only.

So that is TWO of the main benefits of being a "Premium Member" and more great benefits are on the horizon. Now you may be asking how can I become a Premium Member? Well as we mentioned before this site costs money to run. And to aid in the financial burden, Epoman created this new member-group.

Epoman tried to think of an amount that would not be too much for a person to pay and an amount that he thought would be very fair. The amount He came up with is $5.00 USD a month, however the amount needs to be paid 1 year in advance which comes to $60.00 USD unfortunately It is just easier for everyone to only accept 1 year in advance payments. $60 USD will cover the cost of Hosting, Bandwidth, Domain registration, and Development. There are many ideas and plans for this site, and to implement these ideas/plans money becomes an issue. But right now the biggest concern right now is just keeping this site ONLINE because of the amount of traffic this site receives.

We accept Visa/Mastercard via Paypal there is a link on the front page here.  http://www.ihatedialysis.com/donate.htm  (the free gifts for $50 or $100 donations mentioned on the donate page do not apply, premium membership annual fees are separate) be sure to add "Annual Fee" in the comments section AND your "MEMBER" name when paying via Paypal.

Or you can send Sluff a PM and request the address and send the money via the post office. ALL funds must be in United States Dollars. All checks must be made payable to Darrell DeFord.

We hope you feel this is a fair amount, we were very hesitant to try this but this site is growing so fast and we have not seen a more active Dialysis Message Board on the Internet. If this site keeps growing at it's current rate we will be left with no choice but to shut it down. Please understand that running a very popular site gets very expensive. Also remember we do not have any corporate sponsors like other dialysis sites have. Also rest assured all monies received will be used for the exclusive use of this site.
    Also before I forget, by upgrading the hosting service that will make all of our sites load much faster and run smoother. Also it will increase our storage space which will be needed as our post count gets larger and larger everyday.

One last thing if you have donated before any money you donated was a donation and not for a annual membership fee. So unfortunately we can not apply any previous "donations" to the annual membership fee to become a Premium Member.

Total list of benefits for "Premium Members"

• A "Special" image under their name to let everyone else know that they are "Premium Members".
    • Access to TWO hidden sections that are not viewable to NON-Premium Members
    • One year FREE Web-Hosting of websites for ALL "Premium Members"
    - Added 8/26/06
    • 1,000 PM's Storage, currently Non-Premium members are limited to 100 PM's in their In/Outbox
    - Added 8/26/06
    [/list]

We hope to be adding more benefits soon!

F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions:

Will premium members be subject to banning on the same terms as regular members?

Yes, the rules apply to "Premium Members" as it applies to all members. The only benefits members receive are the ones in the list above (Total list of benefits for "Premium Members") and also they have the pride in knowing because of them this site is still online because of their gracious financial support. But we really don't have very many rules that when broken are ban-able offenses, here are the ban-able offenses:
    • Engaging in verbal abuse directed toward another member personally with the use of vulgarities.
    • Total disregard for pride in your own posts, i.e. Not trying your best in creating a post. All I ask is you TRY!
    • Spamming the site or sending PM's to members with "Organ" sales or offers.
    • Having more than 1 member account unless approved first by the Admin.

What about refunds? What if a member is banned by an adminstrative decision?

At anytime a member can be banned at the Admin teams sole discretion. Just as a store "Reserves the right to refuse service to anyone" So can the admin team of IHD. Normally a member is not banned unless he or she is breaking a rule, however at times if the admin team feels a member is causing trouble, the admin (any member of) team reserves the right to ban that member. If that member is a Premium Member the member will receive NO refund.

Thank you to the members who are considering to become a premium member and thank you to all who have already showed your support.

- Epoman
    Owner/Admin

www.ihatedialysis.com
    « Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 05:31:48 PM by Sluff » Logged

- Epoman
    Owner/Administrator
    13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
    Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
    goofynina
    Premium Member
    Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 09:46:13 AM »

I say go for it Boss,  this site means too much to alot of people (myself included) and i think we can all pull together and do what we can to help (financially that is)  GO FOR IT AMIGO.... :)

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
    angieskidney
    Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 12:17:56 PM »

I think this is a GREAT idea and I think certain people will be even happier about this! And I think all members here already know this site is the fastest growing out there and you put so much work and money out of pocket into it, it is only fair! Good job Epoman!
    « Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 12:23:17 PM by angieskidney » Logged

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
    PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
    Transplant 4/11/90
    Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
    MattyBoy100

What's dialysis?

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 02:17:55 PM »

I would definitely sign up for this.  Don`t know how I could pay as I have bad credit and don`t have a credit card.  Any ideas? Can I send you the cash in dollars???

SCOTLAND NO.1
    goofynina
    Premium Member
    Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 02:23:15 PM »

Huh? what? send cash, suuuuure, ahem, but you can send it to me (shhhh, keep it on the down low though) :P   Nah,  You can contact Epoman and he can give you alternate ways of sending it.  If you cant catch him online, just send him a PM.   Thanks for your support Mattyboy.  :)

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
    Rerun
    Administrator/Owner
    Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 02:28:41 PM »

Count me in.  ;D

Epoman
    Administrator/Owner
    Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 02:38:31 PM »

I would definitely sign up for this.  Don`t know how I could pay as I have bad credit and don`t have a credit card.  Any ideas? Can I send you the cash in dollars???

Of course I take cash as long as it is in USD. If you are serious about signing up send me a PM. Remember it will be $60 up front for 1 full year (which is $5.00 a month). Thank you for wanting to help out and show your support.

- Epoman
    Owner/Admin

- Epoman
    Owner/Administrator

sandman

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 05:49:41 PM »

Sounds like a great idea Epoman!  Adding things like "Premium Member" titles and access to a private section of the forums is good incentive for people to show they are contributing members of this site.  I look farward to see what is coming as added benefits on the horizon.  ;)
    tamara
    Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 06:01:53 PM »

Congratulating Mallory on being the No 1 Ticketholder in The Premium Member Section.

Hat's off to you for showing your Support to the site we all know and Love. :)
    « Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 06:25:56 PM by tamara » Logged

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
    after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
    MelissaJean

it's better to find peace than understanding

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 12:46:50 AM »

Good idea Epoman, now I just have to wait for my first pay check!  ;D

~Melissa~

"just run with me through rows of speeding cars"

- Born with Cystic Fibrosis
    - Received double lung transplant 11/9/2001
    - Complications from transplant:  Diabetes, Kidney Failure
    - Started dialysis 6/6/06
    Epoman
    Administrator/Owner
    Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 03:02:57 AM »

ADDED MORE Benefits of becoming a "Premium Member"

See original post for more details.  :)

- Epoman
    Owner/Admin
    « Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 08:47:30 PM by Epoman » Logged

- Epoman
    Owner/Administrator

Mom3

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 05:34:49 PM »

Will premium members be subject to banning on the same terms as regular members?

Sickness is a hindrance to the body, but not to the will, unless the will consent.
    Epictetus
    sandman

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 05:48:28 PM »

Yeah, I have been wondering that myself.  I could only assume that the same rules that apply to regular members, would also apply to premium members.  But that's just my guess.
    Epoman
    Administrator/Owner
    Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 07:59:20 PM »

Yes, the rules apply to "Premium Members" as it applies to all members. The only benefits members receive are the ones in the list above (Total list of benefits for "Premium Members") and also they have the pride in knowing because of them this site is still online because of their gracious financial support. But we really don't have very many rules that when broken are ban-able offenses, here are the ban-able offenses:

• Engaging in verbal abuse directed toward another member personally with the use of vulgarities.
    • Total disregard for pride in your own posts, i.e. Not trying your best in creating a post. All I ask is you TRY!
    • Spamming the site or sending PM's to members with "Organ" sales or offers.
    • Having more than 1 member account unless approved first by the Admin.

So I hope that answered your question "Mom3" and "sandmansa"  :) In simpler terms, no they can't run a muck.  ;D

- Epoman
    « Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 08:08:09 PM by Epoman » Logged

- Epoman
    Owner/Administrator

angieskidney
    Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2006, 03:26:31 PM »

Okay I got a question that just popped into my head as I was talking to Sandman on Skype.

What thread will be in the members only section? I think it would suck if there were relevant info for all dialysis patients but only in the members only section. I think only "reward type" threads should be in there. I am not sure what but I am sure you must have a LOT of good ideas! Are there going to be members-only pages for games and such too? OR a section to complain about new non-members? lol Are you going to list the members-only sections to encourage other people to sign up for membership as well?  ;)

Too bad the money I already sent you can't be used toward membership ;) ;)

Yet for some reason my name is not here :(
    « Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 07:16:09 PM by angieskidney » Logged

diagnosed ESRD 1982
    Transplant 4/11/90
    kitkatz
    Administrator/Owner
    Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2006, 03:46:58 PM »

Good idea. I have to wait till the first and the paycheck before I become ultra premuim member too.

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
    Sluff
    Premium Member
    Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2006, 05:16:54 PM »

I don't care about benefits I just want to help. I sent you a PM Epoman , if you didn't get it let me know .
    Rerun
    Administrator/Owner
    Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2006, 06:31:27 PM »

I have two kidneys that I'll sell someone!   >:D

Epoman
    Administrator/Owner
    Elite Member

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2006, 07:37:50 PM »

Okay I got a question that just popped into my head as I was talking to Sandman on Skype.

What thread will be in the members only section? I think it would suck if there were relevant info for all dialysis patients but only in the members only section. I think only "reward type" threads should be in there. I am not sure what but I am sure you must have a LOT of good ideas! Are there going to be members-only pages for games and such too? OR a section to complain about new non-members? lol Are you going to list the members-only sections to encourage other people to sign up for membership as well?  ;)

Well, it would just buy you 1 month of premium membership. I only accept 1 year in advance payment. And I just forgot to add your name to the list, I will do it right away. Thanks for the reminder and the donation.  :)
    « Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 09:02:46 PM by Epoman » Logged

- Epoman
    Owner/Administrator

angieskidney
    Elite Member

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2006, 07:41:49 PM »

heheh no problem :) Ya and the month is almost done anyway :P

I am just glad I could help ;) even though I feel it is so very very little and won't even make a dent :P

diagnosed ESRD 1982
    Transplant 4/11/90
    Epoman
    Administrator/Owner
    Elite Member

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 07:42:34 PM »

heheh no problem :) Ya and the month is almost done anyway :P

I am just glad I could help ;) even though I feel it is so very very little and won't even make a dent :P

Every dollar helps.  :)

- Epoman
    Owner/Administrator

Epoman
    Administrator/Owner
    Elite Member

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2006, 07:47:48 PM »

I don't care about benefits I just want to help. I sent you a PM Epoman , if you didn't get it let me know .

PM sent. Thank you for your support.  :)
    « Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 08:19:25 PM by Epoman » Logged

- Epoman
    Owner/Administrator

Epoman
    Administrator/Owner
    Elite Member

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2006, 07:57:18 PM »

Well lets see if I can answer all of your questions. First, what EVER the members want to post is completely up to them, over time I will be adding specific threads that are for "Premium Members" and could be about anything. You other question, if they want to complain about other members that too is their choice. And your last question, I already mentioned what the sections were in the original post, I will be however adding more sections as time goes on and yes I will list them to encourage new members to join. If the members want to post relevant info related to kidney disease that is their choice. I do have some surprises coming and I know they will be pleased, for example I just added FREE WEB-HOSTING for premium members personal websites (certain restrictions will apply). But it is a $10 a month value.  :) Plus I added a limit to PM's, non-premium members have just 100 pm's storage unlike "Premium Members" which now have 1,000 pm's storage.

- Epoman
    Owner/Administrator

angieskidney
    Elite Member

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2006, 08:01:22 PM »

Well lets see if I can answer all of your questions. First, what EVER the members want to post is completely up to them, over time I will be adding specific threads that are for "Premium Members" and could be about anything. You other question, if they want to complain about other members that too is their choice. And your last question, I already mentioned what the sections were in the original post, I will be however adding more sections as time goes on and yes I will list them to encourage new members to join. If the members want to post relevant info related to kidney disease that is their choice. I do have some surprises coming and I know they will be pleased, for example I just added FREE WEB-HOSTING for premium members personal websites (certain restrictions will apply). But it is a $10 a month value.  :) Plus I added a limit to PM's, non-premium members have just 100 pm's storage unlike "Premium Members" which now have 1,000 pm's storage.
    That is great! Thank you for answering :) What if some of them don't know how to do up websites? Will you be helping with them?
    « Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 08:03:34 PM by angieskidney » Logged

diagnosed ESRD 1982
    Transplant 4/11/90
    Epoman
    Administrator/Owner
    Elite Member

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2006, 08:12:18 PM »

That is great! Thank you for answering :) What if some of them don't know how to do up websites? Will you be helping with them?

No, I just don't have the time to teach website development.  :)

- Epoman
    Owner/Administrator

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
    « previous next »