I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 12:23:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Dead Kidney Hurts
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dead Kidney Hurts  (Read 17171 times)
susie q

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2006, 11:01:45 AM »

Glad to hear it!!  :) :)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2006, 09:00:22 PM »

Thanks for ALL your thoughts and prayers.  :)  They worked.  The kidney was not infected, but very inflamed and swollen.  It came out in one piece.  They jerked out my Hickman catheter at the same time, so I was glad about that.

At first all the orders said "insertion of permacath"  ???  I about flipped.  I told the surgeon before going under "we are taking this out, right?"  He said yes and it is gone.

I'm a little sore and can't sit too long yet.  So, this is all for now.

My friend Debbie is here for a few days to help me out.  It is nice having someone go get me stuff.   ;D

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2006, 09:23:09 PM »

Thanks for ALL your thoughts and prayers.  :)  They worked.  The kidney was not infected, but very inflamed and swollen.  It came out in one piece.  They jerked out my Hickman catheter at the same time, so I was glad about that.

At first all the orders said "insertion of permacath"  ???  I about flipped.  I told the surgeon before going under "we are taking this out, right?"  He said yes and it is gone.

I'm a little sore and can't sit too long yet.  So, this is all for now.

My friend Debbie is here for a few days to help me out.  It is nice having someone go get me stuff.   ;D

Welcome back, if you noticed we had quite a few new post since you were gone. So rest up heal and when your ready get back to work.  >:(

:P :)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
kevno

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2006, 04:17:01 AM »

Welcome back Rerun, I'm very happy for you that everthing went smoothly.

Keep off the GAS ;D ;D

Sorry! Take it easy ;)

Kevno

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2006, 07:42:02 AM »

Kevno, it is a different kind of GAS this time and nobody enjoys the smell!  ;D

Wish you were here!!   ;D ;D

kevno

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2006, 12:47:15 PM »

I can not remember what the gas smells like :-\ I only ever get to count to 3. ;D ;D

Thanks for your reply to my email :)

Kevno

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Panda_9

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2006, 02:46:38 AM »

I had my transplant removed about 2 years after it stopped working. I had been really ill for 12 months and no one knew why. It wasnt until a nurse mentioned it at the doctors meeting that I was booked to have it out. Im pretty sure of that anyway. Anyway, it made me TONS better!! I no longer had to carry a bucket with me everywhere I went.
Gus

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2006, 06:04:59 PM »

Okay, now that all the Steroid Withdrawal symptoms are gone, I still have a low grade fever and my old transplanted kidney (area) hurts when I cough, or push on it.  They told me that "very rarely, a kidney will need to come out."

Have any of you who have lost a transplant had to have it out?  If so, what happened?  Chronic, not Acute.... I know those have to come out.

I don't have anyone to call. :) 

What search words should I use?  I can't find anything on this.

Mine cadaver did have to go out.........was causing serious problems including high blood pressure......sometimes bloody urine...
girlfriend

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2006, 01:41:08 AM »

hmmm   glad i joined... I am going to see my doc on Thursday.. today is Wed.. I have been having a bit of pain in my transplanted kidney area.. (the working one) the "dead"one feels just fine.. well to tell you the truth it don't feel like anything..
I have been thinking that i have been to active with my dancing and exercising that I may of pulled a muscle or something.. but NOW I am for sure going to mention it to him and get it checked out.. Gawwwwwwwwd I hope there is nothing wrong..
Thanks for the posts, even if it is a few months old I am getting good input from things I have set on the back burner.. and will get them checked out.. hate being a whozzy about things .. but hey.. after all its my life i gotta care for right?  Glad I tuned into your posts rerun.. will let ya know what doc says...
Barb

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff........
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2006, 01:03:14 AM »

yes, this is one of the advantages of a message board like this.  Since the messages are always there, you can go back and read something from last year that is a help to you now.  And I tell you, there is so much valuable information on this website!!!
And from time to time, I like reading things that Life on Hold wrote!  She is still here with us.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2006, 12:41:43 AM »

yes, this is one of the advantages of a message board like this.  Since the messages are always there, you can go back and read something from last year that is a help to you now.  And I tell you, there is so much valuable information on this website!!!
And from time to time, I like reading things that Life on Hold wrote!  She is still here with us.

AND THAT is the main reason I ask that my members to please use the spell check and have pride in their posts.  8) This site will be up for as long as there is kidney disease and EVERY members post will live on long after their death, and their words will help many others in the future.  :)

- Epoman
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 03:56:51 PM by Epoman » Logged

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2006, 01:05:38 AM »

AND THAT is the main reason I ask that my members to please use the spell check and have pride in their posts.  8) This site will be up for as long as there is kidney disease and EVERY members post wil live on long after their death, and their words will help many others in the future.  :)

- Epoman

I totally agree, Epoman!!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
girlfriend

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2006, 07:34:15 PM »

Thanks all. The information came in helpful...

I went to see my nephrologist on Thursday.. I am now booked for an ultra sound.
The doc also figures i have fluid on my stomach which could also be a result from my liver (which i might add by the blood results show in perfect heath)

I have a referral with the Renal Dietitian as I am on the boarder for my calcium.  I also have an referral set up with a trainer for a supervised exercise program.. ( i have a problem trying to figure out which Abe exercisers i can do that will not harm my transplanted kidney)
You think i would know these things after so long of living with a transplant.. But is seems i learn something new everyday...
ps. Epoman I did tell the nurses there about this site and they were going to pass on the info to the dialysis patients.. was thinking i could make up some flyer type thing to drop off there.. (The transplant nurse was very interested in your site)
Have a good day all..
Barb

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff........
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »