I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:34:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  What motviates you to get outta bed?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What motviates you to get outta bed?  (Read 7980 times)
meadowlandsnj

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2007, 03:18:17 PM »

Honestly, today was a struggle.  I knew I had to get up in the bitter cold and drive on icy roads to go to dialysis.  I knew I'd had too much fluid yesterday. (A sore throat and hacking cough kept me constantly dry, so I over did the ice cubes.)  So I knew that even if I didn't crash, I was going to get either a lecture or some annoying comment from whoever hooked me up.  I was not in the mood to be treated like a recalcitrant child today.

The lasr few weeks I've been battling a cough and sore throat.  I know I've been over on the fluid thing since the second week of January. not too much maybe a liter above my normal.  I always stayed right at or above my dry weight.  But in my dialysis we have a few techs and nurses who have to always have the cutting remark, the smart ass remark, you know? 
I explain to them how dry my throat is.  I do feel like a child sometimes.  I hate it.  I hate the feeling that it gives me.  That look like I stole a cookie from the cookie jar.  I'm 44 years old and I feel like I'm 6.  Why do I let them have that kind of power over me to make me feel like this?  Why do they feel the need to treat me like this?  I really am getting fed up with it.  What is this power thing?

Donna

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
lamillinger913

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2007, 04:19:43 PM »

Probably the fact that work helps fill up the days ... and helps pay the bills (kid in college! yikes!)

So your nurses and techs give you grief about fluid gain? I always feel like I'm getting the 3rd degree when labs come back with high potassium or phosphorus. Then it's, "What have you been eating?" Geez. Like I can remember yesterday even.

I feel like I'm going to confession. You know? "Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. I had half a grapefruit and a handful of strawberries on my cereal yesterday. Plus, I ordered the shrimp salad with the chopped-up dried apricots and portabella mushrooms ..."

Lee Anne

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

such small hands http://lamillinger.typepad.com/
Eating Well on Dialysis http://lamillinger.typepad.com/eating_well_on_dialysis/
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2007, 04:22:26 PM »

How many Hail Marys to account for a bag of M&M's?   ;D

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

jedimaster

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2007, 05:09:02 PM »

Life!...I need to get up and see what´s´in store for me every day. I might feel really bad, but I won´t let my kidney failure conquer me!
billoggblog

You Dialyse to Live....You Don't live to Dialyse!

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2007, 02:45:25 PM »

I TRY to get out of bed as soon as my (APD) treatment is finished.  I TRY not to have a snooze in the afternoon or evening.
So when I go to bed at night, I'm tired and maybe Tonight I'll get some B****y Sleep :'(

Yesterday is History..........Tomorrow is Mystery..........
Today is a Gift...That's why they call it Present.
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2007, 02:49:50 PM »

I get outta bed only to see what new posts are here ;) lol  :clap; and to talk to my fiance!

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
bluedove57

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2007, 08:07:47 AM »

I get out of bed because I'm up at 7 for no reason every morning. Guess it's the time I'm use to getting up for dialysis. Just can't lay there cause it makes me lazy and I feel I've got to much to live for. Tomorrow isn't here yet so I make the best of today.  :clap;
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2007, 08:11:42 AM »

I get out of bed because I'm up at 7 for no reason every morning.
That reminded me .. sometimes I get outta bed not cuz I want to but because my legs are restless :(

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
lamillinger913

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2007, 10:57:49 AM »

Jbeany,  :lol; I should ask next time! Actually I don't think M&Ms are too bad. According to this AAKP nutrition counter I carry in my purse, a 1.69 oz. bag of M&Ms has only 80 mg potassium and 46 mg phosphorus. And a 1.5 oz. York Peppermint Patty has only 48 mg K and 0 mg PO4. Woo hoo!

Lee Anne

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

such small hands http://lamillinger.typepad.com/
Eating Well on Dialysis http://lamillinger.typepad.com/eating_well_on_dialysis/
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2007, 03:32:48 PM »

Jbeany,  :lol; I should ask next time! Actually I don't think M&Ms are too bad. According to this AAKP nutrition counter I carry in my purse, a 1.69 oz. bag of M&Ms has only 80 mg potassium and 46 mg phosphorus. And a 1.5 oz. York Peppermint Patty has only 48 mg K and 0 mg PO4. Woo hoo!

Thanks for that info lamillinger,  i am going to go stock up on York's Peppermint Patties now,  i love them things  :2thumbsup;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2007, 08:33:06 PM »

Thanks for that info lamillinger,  i am going to go stock up on York's Peppermint Patties now,  i love them things  :2thumbsup;

And they come in orange mint, and rasberry mint, yummy yummy!
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2007, 12:02:05 AM »

First of all, I am a morning person.  I feel strange staying in bed when the sun comes up (it is coming up at about 6 am now, which is a bit late for me).
Secondly, I have a 3-year-old in the house.  Need I say more?

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2007, 06:15:36 AM »

Yep, that three year old will demand that you get up, regardless!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
F_Farkell

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2007, 04:13:28 PM »

The wife's elbow :lol;  And the fact I often need to scrap the windshield before I go get pumped. :banghead;

Fred
cosmickelly

From my 09/08/07 wedding

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2007, 04:03:47 AM »

A sense of purpose....

I'm supposed to (and want to!!) go out there into the big world and accomplish something each day.  Sometimes the accomplishments are HUGE!! (like finally finishing a page at my site or getting a web design certification after months of study!!  Remember, huge is relative!!  ;))

Other days, I like trying to make one of the techs at my clinic (who really needs some psychotropic drugs to combat her depression!! ::)) smile or say something nice and really mean it!!

Have an AWESOME day!!

CosmicKelly :)

In-center Hemodialysis since 9/2004
ESRD, Diabetic Neuropathy, Peripheral Vascular Neuropathy
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2007, 03:43:43 PM »

And they come in orange mint, and rasberry mint, yummy yummy!

OMG, your kidding,  i hope your not kidding, are you kidding? THE HUNT IS ON!!!  If Sluff says there are other flavors, then there is other flavors dammit (and i am going to search hell and high water for them) ;)   Thanks for the heads up Sluff  ;)

www.kidneyoogle.com
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2007, 04:23:46 PM »

http://www.hersheys.com/products/details/york.asp

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2007, 05:08:58 PM »

I just love you guys, i love this site,  and i love how we just love each other enough to give little tips and hints to make life so much easier for ourselves and each other.  i know, i am waaay off topic here but i just had to say it  I LOVE YOU GUYS  :grouphug; 

www.kidneyoogle.com
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »