I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 12:32:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Caregivers, Im sorry
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Caregivers, Im sorry  (Read 8465 times)
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 11:12:50 AM »

Stop taking her now! She has her health and good job, but depends on you? Let her know you love her but you are putting your child and your health first!  She is the adult here and she needs to learn how to Fin for herself! I get so angry when I read post like this! You are overwhelmed and no one to help you is just unconscionable!

I have children of my own and would never expect them to cater to me.  Its just down right wrong!  Stop doing it now and let her know you are not going to do it.  If you live in her home and she threatens to kick you out, then you come live with me.  I will do all I can do to make your life easy as I can.  Im serious!  The nerve of these  people! That is so unchristianlike behavior!!!!!!!  Makes me want to do unchristianlike things back to them, but 2 ugliness's don't make it right!

I just can't comprehend that these things really go on!  What is wrong with people that we are so self absorbed in ourselves that we can't see the needs of others. God, I just want to "smack" someone right now!!!!  She doesn't love you the way she should!  She loves herself and that is it.  You and your child need to get out now, the sooner the better!

lmunchkin :rant; :thumbdown;

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2011, 01:48:07 PM »

I am so sorry Lisa, I do hope you find your way,

kind regards from Kristina.  :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
murf

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2011, 06:57:34 PM »

So, I am going to give you a reality check and I am sure you are going to ban me from this site for this. I think I have had a not so nice/not so compassionate response from you before. So I am asking you rerun, please dont respond to any of my posts that I start.

Sometimes we who blog in IHD, do not need "reality checks" but just a quiet word of comfort and empathy. My heart goes out to you Lilliupie. I find Richard very good at summing up a situtaion.

Started Hemodialysis Anzac Day 2005
Patiently waiting for a transplant
Started PD New Year 2010
Taken off transpalnt list, Jan 211
Lillupie

wedding 12-10-11

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2011, 08:55:13 PM »

just wanted to say it wasnt Richard who responded to my post here, it was rerun, who i took it that she thinks I should tote my mom everywhere. Bottom line is I wish it were me with the job, and not the almost free taxi service and the dialysis.

Lisa

Check out my Facebook profile for CKD "Help Lisa Spread Awareness for Kidney Disease"

It is my utmost dream and desire to reach out to other kidney patients for them to know that they are not alone in this, also to reach out to those who one day have to go on dialysis though my book i am writing!

dx with lupus nephritis 5/99'
daughter born 11/2005
stage IV CKD 11/2005-6/2007
8/2007- PD cathater inserted
9/2007- revision of PD Cathater
10/2007 started PD
murf

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2011, 03:45:54 PM »

Re. Richard. Other way around. I have always found him to be great 'listener' without making subjective opinions. He is Worth his weight in gold.

Started Hemodialysis Anzac Day 2005
Patiently waiting for a transplant
Started PD New Year 2010
Taken off transpalnt list, Jan 211
lmunchkin
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2011, 04:37:31 PM »

Lillupie, You are in our thoughts & prayers. Just don't know what to tell you dear, but our offer stands! I hate that you are going through all this. But I also know that Lord don't give us more than we can stand.

Vent here anytime. We are here for you!

lmunchkin   :flower; and  :grouphug;

p.s. Yea I love to read Richards post too. I cant believe the guy is "Single" and doing all his own stuff on his own.       So up beat & positive about life, but is very realistic too!  Really a nice guy I gather from his posts!

AguynamedKim

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2011, 09:06:49 PM »

Re. Richard. Other way around. I have always found him to be great 'listener' without making subjective opinions. He is Worth his weight in gold.

A gold statue of RichardMel would be pretty cool.

Lillupie, I'm sorry you're in this tough situation and wish I could offer more than my e-hug.  Here is that at least:  :grouphug;

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2011, 08:08:17 AM »

Whoa!  I  am  glad  I  was  alerted  to  these  posts.  worth  my  weight  in  gold?  statues??!  Wait  a  minute.  The  gold  price  continues  to  rise  as  does  my  steroid  fuelled  weight.  Melt  down  the  bloody  statue  and  we're  all  off  to  party  in  Vegas.

Well  except  for  Lisa's  mom  who  won't  get  a  cab  to  the  airport.  :)

Please  folks  I  am  not  the  second  coming  or  something.  Just  a  regular  guy  trying  to  make  the  most  from  what  life  dishes  up.  just  like  everyone  else.

Lisa  vent  away  jf  it  helps  that's  great.  one  reason  IHD  is  here  in  my  view.   

now  please  return  to  the   topic  at  hand  which  has  nothing  to  do  witn  me,  my  weight  or  the  contents  of Fort  Knox.  :)

ps  just  ask  my  ex  girlfriends  why  I  am  single.  I  am  sure  there  would  be  many  answers!

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
KarenInWA
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2011, 09:39:55 AM »

"ps  just  ask  my  ex  girlfriends  why  I  am  single.  I  am  sure  there  would  be  many  answers!"

Oh please, Richard! As someone who has had worse luck than you in that dept, who has been dumped just for being herself, I fail to believe that your exes are any different from mine.  I think you and I just have bad luck in choosing "partners".  Your exes have about as much justification as mine did for dumping me like yesterday's garbage.  They SUCK!!!!

Okay, back to the original point of this thread...

And yes, Lisa, you need to live your OWN life and stop having to be your *healthy* mother's keeper.  She needs to grow up already!!!

KarenInWA

1996 - Diagnosed with Proteinuria
2000 - Started seeing nephrologist on regular basis
Mar 2010 - Started Aranesp shots - well into CKD4
Dec 1, 2010 - Transplant Eval Appt - Listed on Feb 10, 2012
Apr 18, 2011 - Had fistula placed at GFR 8
April 20, 2011 - Had chest cath placed, GFR 6
April 22, 2011 - Started in-center HD. Continued to work FT and still went out and did things: live theater, concerts, spend time with friends, dine out, etc
May 2011 - My Wonderful Donor offered to get tested!
Oct 2011  - My Wonderful Donor was approved for surgery!
November 23, 2011 - Live-Donor Transplant (Lynette the Kidney gets a new home!)
April 3, 2012 - Routine Post-Tx Biopsy (creatinine went up just a little, from 1.4 to 1.7)
April 7, 2012 - ER admit to hospital, emergency surgery to remove large hematoma caused by biopsy
April 8, 2012 - In hospital dialysis with 2 units of blood
Now: On the mend, getting better! New Goal: No more in-patient hospital stays! More travel and life adventures!
Brightsky69

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2011, 01:52:30 PM »

Oh please, Richard! As someone who has had worse luck than you in that dept, who has been dumped just for being herself, I fail to believe that your exes are any different from mine.  I think you and I just have bad luck in choosing "partners".  Your exes have about as much justification as mine did for dumping me like yesterday's garbage.  They SUCK!!!

KarenInWA

Amen sista!

Transplant June 11, 1991 (1st time) my mom's kidney
Received my 2nd kidney transplant Oct. 19th 2010.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2011, 05:39:23 PM »

Well  to  be  fair  I  am  hardly  egotistical  or  arrogant  enough  to  think  i  was  never  at  fault.  it's  a  two  way  street.  sometimes  jus  different  goals  or  places  in  life  was  the  problem.  other  times  not  proper  communication  etc.

Anyway  this  is  not  about  me.  Lisa  has  a  bf  anyway! :)

27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2011, 10:16:15 PM »

I think it's probably because you follow a  lousy footy team, and any half-decent females would be ashamed to be seen on the same side of the street as you.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 12:48:56 AM by galvo » Logged

Galvo
KarenInWA
Elite Member

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2011, 11:03:50 PM »

I think it's probably because you follow al ousy footy team, and any half-decent females would be ashamed to be seen on the same side of the street as you.

Oh, you mean the "Tugers"?  :rofl;

1996 - Diagnosed with Proteinuria
2000 - Started seeing nephrologist on regular basis
Mar 2010 - Started Aranesp shots - well into CKD4
Dec 1, 2010 - Transplant Eval Appt - Listed on Feb 10, 2012
Apr 18, 2011 - Had fistula placed at GFR 8
April 20, 2011 - Had chest cath placed, GFR 6
April 22, 2011 - Started in-center HD. Continued to work FT and still went out and did things: live theater, concerts, spend time with friends, dine out, etc
May 2011 - My Wonderful Donor offered to get tested!
Oct 2011  - My Wonderful Donor was approved for surgery!
November 23, 2011 - Live-Donor Transplant (Lynette the Kidney gets a new home!)
April 3, 2012 - Routine Post-Tx Biopsy (creatinine went up just a little, from 1.4 to 1.7)
April 7, 2012 - ER admit to hospital, emergency surgery to remove large hematoma caused by biopsy
April 8, 2012 - In hospital dialysis with 2 units of blood
Now: On the mend, getting better! New Goal: No more in-patient hospital stays! More travel and life adventures!
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 12:49:22 AM »

Spot on!

Galvo
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 03:13:35 AM »

lol! This  thread  s  not  about  me  or  the  tiggers!   hey  i  dates  a  pies  fan  for  over  two  years  - you  tell  me  who  has  the  worse  taste.  lol

lmunchkin
Elite Member

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2011, 07:26:20 PM »

So how has it been going, Lillupie.  Are things getting better for you? Have you spoke whats on your heart to your mother?  You have been on my heart all week.  How strong you are to do the things that need to be done, and the things not so needed to do. Please let us know how you are doing?

lmunchkin

*kana*

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2011, 04:48:44 PM »

Lisa,

Not sure if you moved out of Michigan, but I am in the Ypsi/Ann Arbor area if you ever need anyone to help you out. 

Hang in there!

PD started 09/08
PKD kidneys removed 06/17/09

Failed donor transplant-donor kidney removed,
suspected cancer so not used 06/17/09

Hemo 06/2009-08/2009

Liberty Cycler-11/09-5/13
Nx Stage-current tx
Diagnosed with SEP 2014
Lillupie

wedding 12-10-11

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2011, 07:25:16 PM »

aw thank you sooooo much you guys  :flower;  You all make my day/evening/night. I really appreciate the support. I am trying to hang in there. I guess it really bothers me because I would rather A. Not be on dialysis at all, B. Not be a slave. There are days I feel like i am her slave. You all are right that she does have much better health then me. Its hard being on dialysis and having to eat so much protein every day. I usually dont know until the last minute that she needs to be picked up from work. She works about 45min away. So I might try to defrost something to cook it later, and when it comes time to cook, Ill get the phone call to come pick her up. and by the time I get home from driving about another 100 miles, im too pooped to cook. She calls me if its too windy, like more then 5mph wind. Because she is scared of the wind.
 I would say at times I feel like a slave because she lets me live there, free food, gives me a car so that I can drive her around, but yet I cant pay any of my bills. lol
 And do you know that I was talking about this situation to a lady in the waiting room at my clinic, who is also on dialysis, and she was like "shes your mom you'll do anything for her, you're not working or going to school, so you have nothing else to do" oh I was mad.
 At some point I would like to get a job for experience and to pay down my past credit cards, but now am only available between 9-3:30? grr. Because my mom has made it known that if i cant give her rides she will quit her job! I just wish she was willing to learn how to drive. Atleast try.
 Not only that but I have to deal with my daughters father who wont pay a mesaly $50 a month in child support, but he wants to spend all this time with her. Which I am ok with. I didnt want her going to school in Detroit, so we agreed until I moved out to the suburbs she can go to school where her dad is at. Ok now i am in a better area, better school district, her dad wants to give me  ahard time about enrolling her in a school by me! Grr. I have told him about 20 times I can get up and get her to school! and he insists that I cant get off of my machine, and I told him if i can getmy mom to work or to the bus stop occasionally, I can get her to school. I think he want to use my dialysis as a crutch to not let me have her. Its like  he wants to play with her and not financially take care of her.
 HE IS NOT, NOT on dialysis. He is 42 years old, no car, no job, no place to live, a degree from the University of Michigan. So my daughter is sleeping with his mother when in school. With me she has her own room, with him or his mom, she does not (she lives in a single wide trailer). He lives with a older lady who he used to drive around until his car's engine seized on him.
 OK, my boyfriend who, him and I are seriously talking about marriage has mentioned several times that when we get married he wants to fill out the paper work to adopt my daughter, and let her dad still see her. Ok my boyfriend is in the US ARMY with a degree in engineering. I just highly doubt that Alex (my daughter)'s dad would go for adoption. But he cant/wont provide for Alex! AND i cant say anything to her dad because her dad will turn around and say "I dont see you working"! Im on dialysis grr

So, this is what I deal with plus PD dialysis,
Lisa

Check out my Facebook profile for CKD "Help Lisa Spread Awareness for Kidney Disease"

It is my utmost dream and desire to reach out to other kidney patients for them to know that they are not alone in this, also to reach out to those who one day have to go on dialysis though my book i am writing!

dx with lupus nephritis 5/99'
daughter born 11/2005
stage IV CKD 11/2005-6/2007
8/2007- PD cathater inserted
9/2007- revision of PD Cathater
10/2007 started PD
mykey711

mykey

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2011, 06:45:23 PM »

Time to get a life, maybe away from Mom.

I'm a 58 year old Family doctor with Alport's syndrome. I've been on PD for almost a year. I've been on transplant list since May 2010 at three centers, Michigan, Cleveland, and Indiana.  My brother has the same disease and is on his second transplant for about 12 years now.
rsudock
Elite Member

will of the healthy makes up the fate of the sick.

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2011, 10:34:01 PM »

Time to get a life, maybe away from Mom.

a little insensitive...if only things were that black and white.

Born with autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease
1995 - AV Fistula placed
Dec 7, 1999 cadaver transplant saved me from childhood dialysis!
10 transplant years = spleenectomy, gall bladder removed, liver biopsy, bone marrow aspiration.
July 27, 2010 Started dialysis for the first time ever.
June 21, 2011 2nd kidney nonrelated living donor
September 2013 Liver Cancer tumor.
October 2013 Ablation of liver tumor.
Now scans every 3 months to watch for new tumors.
Now Status 7 on the wait list for a liver.
How about another decade of solid health?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »