I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:48:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What? No NFL thread? There is now!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What? No NFL thread? There is now!  (Read 184244 times)
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2010, 01:05:27 PM »

Cutler looked like he was still concussed.  He really didn't look sharp at all.

I heard a commentator refer to the Cowboys/Vikings game as the "Panic Bowl."  That made me giggle.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2010, 01:44:43 PM »

"Panic Bowl" ?  More like the "Toilet Bowl"  :rofl;
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2010, 11:27:06 PM »

"Panic Bowl" ?  More like the "Toilet Bowl"  :rofl;
That was dire, wasn't it.

What do y'all think of the moves to suspect guys for helmet to helmet hits?

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2010, 12:05:41 AM »

I think if it looks like it is being done on purpose fines need to be imposed.  I like hard hitting football but nobody likes someone being injured, seriously injured.

Next Monday night the Giants(4-2) take on the Cowboys(1-4).  The odds makers are favoring the Cowboys.  What do you think about that?
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2010, 12:11:17 AM »

Why would the Cowbells be favoured?  I haven't read too much about the upcoming games, so I have no idea what the pundits could possibly be thinking.

I suspect that fines might be replaced by suspensions.  I don't know how an official is going to be able to ascertain if any move was "on purpose", especially if one is tackling a receiver who is in midair.  It's going to be interesting.

paul.karen
Elite Member

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2010, 05:34:18 AM »

Its hard to watch the cowboys when they are playing like this.
They are moving the ball last week almost 500 yards offense and a loss.  Then sunday close again but no win.  On top of that cablevision here in Jersey has a totaly blackout on channel 5 (fox) so we cant see any games nor the MLB playoffs.

The cowboys need a NEW COACH and Jerry Jones needs to stay off the field and live behind the scenes.  They are playing like a new team which if that were the case would be understandable.  But these guys have been together and should be playing like that.

Not every year can be a winniing year.  So hopefully we will make some changes and start to get some wins.  Giants Dallas is always a good game hopefully the blackout will be over and i can watch it.

Been alot of good games this year :thumbup;

Curiosity killed the cat
Satisfaction brought it back

Operation for PD placement 7-14-09
Training for cycler 7-28-09

Started home dialysis using Baxter homechoice
8-7-09
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2010, 08:00:24 AM »

The Giants games that are not televised I watch on the internet.  Their are a number of sites that stream the games live.
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2010, 11:00:43 PM »

I suspect that fines might be replaced by suspensions.  I don't know how an official is going to be able to ascertain if any move was "on purpose", especially if one is tackling a receiver who is in midair.  It's going to be interesting.

$75,000 (James Harrison) and $50,000 (Brandon Meriweather and Dunta Robinson) are pretty hefty fines.  They did say suspensions were next.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2010, 08:51:53 AM »

There was that ex-football player who now is in the studio at CBS, I think, who said that fines didn't teach him anything but that suspensions sure caught his attention. 

YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2010, 02:31:38 PM »

Yes, a $5,000 or even a $10,000 fine does not but when you are fined more than you make in 1 game it sure does.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2010, 03:53:57 PM »

Yes, a $5,000 or even a $10,000 fine does not but when you are fined more than you make in 1 game it sure does.

I hope you are right because this past weekend was almost painful to watch.  It's going to be interesting to see how the refs identify and police the new rule.  I am assuming that there will be official reviews?

ChickenLittle56

Chickenlittle and Maria

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2010, 04:22:59 PM »

I know this is off the topic of football but does anybody think that the Texas Rangers will advance to the World Series. Although I am a White Sox fan I am rooting for the Rangers. Despite their loss yesterday they are 3 games to 2. Just one more game  :pray;

As I was coming out the Nephrologist office, I thought the sky was falling.
Knew I was going on dialysis since November 1999.
Had a fistula put in January 2000.
Been on 4-1/2 hour dialysis since August 28, 2001. (They took out 35Kg that single week)

Maria hasbeen on hemodualysis since January, 2005
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2010, 05:22:23 PM »

I'd love to see the Rangers in the World Series.  I don't know much about that team, but I do know they are not regulars to the Series, and I always like seeing "new teams" in championships.

YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2010, 05:30:09 PM »

I am a Mets fan so I am not too big on the Yankees.  My kids are though.  I am not thrilled about the Rangers as I hate George W and he is a big fan as he used to be a part owner.  I just want the SF Giants to beat the Phillies.
cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2010, 05:42:16 PM »

I am not thrilled about the Rangers as I hate George W and he is a big fan as he used to be a part owner.
:2thumbsup;

Never thought I would have anything to add to the NFL discussion, but I also hate that bloody idiot. (None too fond of the NFL either thanks to the 'men participate, women stand around in skimpy outfits and jump up and down for them' policy, but I digress....)

Sorry, did not mean to intrude NFL fans. Forgive the outburst and carry on!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2010, 05:57:23 PM »

When I was young oh so long ago, my family had season tickets for the Oilers.  At halftime, there was always a performance by a local high school marching band and the drill squad.  On one particular occasion, the family of one of the drill squad (all female squad) had all come to the game expressly to see their daughter perform, and they were very proud.  I could hear them talking in the seats behind us.  A few rows behind THEM, a couple of guys who had had too many brewskis started hooting and hollering and slobbering over their daughter and her drill squad teammates, and it became very uncomfortable, especially for her dad.  So ever since then, I've not really liked the whole cheerleader thing, but then again, being a lady myself, they don't do much for me.  But so many women are NFL fans now, and I don't see why teams still have cheerleaders if they are "entertaining" only half of the crowd.  But that's just me being a wet weekend, I guess.

YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2010, 06:42:25 PM »

Route for the Giants!!!  They do not have cheerleaders.  :cheer:
From their website:
Where can I find information regarding cheerleaders?

The Giants do not have a cheerleading squad. We have always felt that the game should be the focus of the day of game presentation.
cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2010, 06:59:30 PM »

Route for the Giants!!!  They do not have cheerleaders.  :cheer:
From their website:
Where can I find information regarding cheerleaders?

The Giants do not have a cheerleading squad. We have always felt that the game should be the focus of the day of game presentation.

That is positively brilliant! Thanks for redeeming a little bit of my faith in American sport, Marc!

OK, I cannot promise to ever watch a game (aside from half-watching the super bowl) but I am now an official Giants fan. I'll probably burst in here randomly to shout YAY GIANTS!!!!! and since I literally give no notice to football, it will probably be at some clueless time, like mid-April. You all stand warned! :rofl;

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2010, 10:36:11 PM »

YLGuy, that's nice to know, but I have a confession to make.  I am not a fan of the Giants.  Well, to be more accurate, I am not a fan of Eli Manning because I remember how he royally snubbed the Chargers and refused to be drafted by them.  That didn't endear me to the whole Manning clan, it must be said, and I had always remembered Archie with fondness because I saw him play many times when he was with the Saints.  But I doubt that they take much notice of my tsk-tsking. :rofl;

The Bears got rid of the "Honey Bears" some time ago, thank goodness.  The Oilers had the "Derrick Dolls", and I hated it...it seemed so pointless.  Which other NLF teams don't have cheerleaders...anyone know?

YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2010, 07:42:57 AM »

Yes, he did snub the Chargers.  I think Archie had a lot to do with that choice.  He now has a Superbowl ring to show for it (MVP) so you have to admit that the decision worked out for him.  If you remember the first year or two Charger fans said that they were happy that he did that as they preferred Rivers. 
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2010, 09:27:15 AM »

I'm sure that's all true, and these things usually work themselves out over the course of time.  But sometimes, something just kinda sticks with ya, and for me, this is one of those things.  So now I have to decide who to root for...the Giants with Eli or the hated Dallas Cowboys.  Urp. :rofl;

YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »

NO! Please, do not go over to the dark side.  You have to be put off by any team that calls themselves America's team or tells people that there is a hole in the top of their stadium so God can watch his favorite team.  Much worse than not wanting to play for the Chargers.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 02:20:15 PM by YLGuy » Logged
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2010, 02:03:24 PM »

NO! Please, do not go over to the dark side.  You have to be put off by any team that calls themselves America's team or tells people that there is a whole in the top of their stadium so God can watch his favorite team.  Much worse than not wanting to play for the Chargers.

OMG, you are so right!!  What in the world was I thinking?!!???!!!  I've hated the Cowboys all my life, and I'm not gonna stop now.  That's a circus in Dallas, not a football team.  (Sorry IHD Cowboy fans... :rofl;)

YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2010, 02:22:13 PM »

I have always wondered if I have helped anyone on this website.  I am sure now that I have. I saved someone from a horrible, horrible thing: routing for the Cowboys!  :rofl;
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2010, 02:25:05 PM »

I have always wondered if I have helped anyone on this website.  I am sure now that I have. I saved someone from a horrible, horrible thing: routing for the Cowboys!  :rofl;

You should be proud! 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »