I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:34:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Site Requests, Comments, Technical Help.
| | |-+  This is where I draw the line
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: This is where I draw the line  (Read 26316 times)
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« on: January 24, 2010, 12:25:05 PM »

I have recently posted in the God thread.  And nothing I said was out of line or uncalled for even tho there were plenty of post from other people including the moteraider who changed my post.  I came to this site for help, and still think of this site as a wonderful and helpful site. I on the other hand made the mistake of getting to involved.  Commenting on the off topic subjects and thinking that I have the right to my own opinion just like I do on the dialysis topics.  I was wrong.  I do think this is a wonderful site, and I do love so many of you guys from this site.  But however think that it has gone to far.  I think there is a serious glitch in the admin and moteraider portion of this site.  I along with so many people on this site are sick and have actual issues to deal with. I just can't let stupid things upset me anymore.  I do wish you all good health or as much good health as you can get out of life.  And wish you all good things.  I am sorry to leave like this but its best for me.  I just don't think there has ever been a time when I felt truly lost in my health as I do right now, and right now is the time I need what I believe this site was truly meant for.   But seeing as  how it is not what it once was, I am going to move on in life.  Thank you all for the good I did get out of this site. So from now on I am going to stick to background and stay out of it.

The best to all of you....

~Amanda Maire Griego

EDITED:Moved to site comments area-kitkatz,Moderator
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 04:38:22 PM by kitkatz » Logged

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theres is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-9
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 12:47:57 PM »

Amanda...

I'm REALLY sorry you feel this way!... I hope that you've gotten more from this site than the difficulties you mention....

I'd like to ask you to take a day or two and reconsider... This site, and those of us who use it need people with your perception, and your wilingness to help...

You are one of the relatively few very yong people here, and you're needed... The next generation of young kidney patients need peer support from mentors such as yourself!...

If you decide after reflection that you don't want to stay, please leave contact details with someone on the site that you trust... We'd like to keep in touch and know that you're okay!...

God bless...

Darth...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 01:08:30 PM »

I have recently posted in the God thread.  And nothing I said was out of line or uncalled for even tho there were plenty of post from other people including the moteraider who changed my post.  I came to this site for help, and still think of this site as a wonderful and helpful site. I on the other hand made the mistake of getting to involved.  Commenting on the off topic subjects and thinking that I have the right to my own opinion just like I do on the dialysis topics.  I was wrong.  I do think this is a wonderful site, and I do love so many of you guys from this site.  But however think that it has gone to far.  I think there is a serious glitch in the admin and moteraider portion of this site.  I along with so many people on this site are sick and have actual issues to deal with. I just can't let stupid things upset me anymore.  I do wish you all good health or as much good health as you can get out of life.  And wish you all good things.  I am sorry to leave like this but its best for me.  I just don't think there has ever been a time when I felt truly lost in my health as I do right now, and right now is the time I need what I believe this site was truly meant for.   But seeing as  how it is not what it once was, I am going to move on in life.  Thank you all for the good I did get out of this site. So from now on I am going to stick to background and stay out of it.

The best to all of you....

~Amanda Maire Griego

I do not know which post was modified, but I have not modified any posts in that thread..  I stay out of that argument as much as possible.  I will send your complaint to the admins.

kitkatz-Moderator

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 01:22:13 PM »

Manda, I am sorry you are so upset.   No one changed a post.  We do fix quote errors or smiley errors, but it will always say at the bottom why it was modified and who did it.  We can't go in and change things without it automatically stating who made a modification.     I hope you know you have many friends here and lots of support. 

paris, Moderator
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 01:23:32 PM by paris » Logged

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 01:24:52 PM »

Note that at the bottom of my last post it says a time and name who modified my post.  It is automatic and nothing can be modified without that showing up.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 01:50:34 PM »

Fix a quote by all means, don't erase the rest of my post that was there. And don't tell me I didn't write other things, because I know what I said.  And if I didn't then why did I have other members comming to me telling me not to cross Rerun.  Like I said there is a glitch in that portion website.  I know what happend Paris, and it was rude, and wrong to do. I have tried time after time to keep the peace in here. Today I realized something, its not worth it.  Although I love so many of you guys on this site, this kind of thing is unnecessary stress.  And like I said this is what is best for me.   I was trying very hard to keep it positive, but I will not have you or anyone else tell me "what happend" I know what happend.  Yes it dose leave a mark everytime someone goes into a post.  All that dose for me is prove she was in it.  She did not "fix" anything cause I copy and pasted that exact quote from a bible on line, so there was NO need for her to go into my post what so ever.  You all can believe all you wish to believe, as will I.  I know what happend, even if you all chose to look the other way.  That right there is why I have decided what I have.

Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.

Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 01:50:43 PM »

Mandy I fixed your quote as it was all in blue and you could not tell where the person you quoted (ME) and where you started with your own post on judging started.  That is my job.  I was not "judging" you I was fixing a simple error that we all make from time to time.  You can tell when you are typing where the word quote should be. 

This thread SHOULD not be in Dialysis General Discussion, but I ain't movin' it.    :o

Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 02:00:14 PM »

I do not think I erased anything.  I truly don't think I did.  I did have to go look how to write the quote symbol on another post but came right back to yours and fixed it.  I can't ever remember where the / goes.

I'm so sorry if I did erase something.

People usually don't cross me because I get in their face.  I have no problem with debate and confrontation.  I do have a problem with criticism.  Not "constructive" criticism but just criticism.  Like someone told me to present things differently so not to sound so mean.  I can take that.  That is constructive.  I don't really like "Don't cross Rerun".  That tells me noting to change.

What else did you write?  I AM so sorry if I erased something.  Did you read your post after you submitted it?  Did you see that everything was in blue?  You can modify your own posts to fix that.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 03:53:10 PM by Rerun » Logged

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 04:36:28 PM »

Okay I am moving this to the site comments, problems area.

kitkatz,Moderator

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Hanify
Elite Member

Hadija, Athol, Me and Molly at Havelock North 09

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 06:55:37 PM »

See you on facebook manda

Diagnosed Nov 2007 with Multiple Myeloma.
By Jan 2008 was in end stage renal failure and on haemodialysis.
Changed to CAPD in April 2008.  Now on PD with a cycler.  Working very part time - teaching music.  Love it.  Husband is Paul (we're both 46), daughter Molly is 13.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 08:30:54 PM »

To Manda and all other members:
It has come to my attention that someone (a member) is hacking the site and moving or changing things. The software company and hosting is tracking the activity and we will know more soon. Please let me know if anyone sees changes in their posts, or if things have been removed.
I am sorry that some jerk decided they have to screw up everything, especially during a period of personal tragedy for me and my family. I spend countless hours of my own time volunteering for this forum, and I cannot believe someone feels they have to hurt me or our other members by screwing around playing a game, especially now.
okarol/admin

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 09:51:26 PM »

The issue is being resolved.

Sluff/Admin
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 04:06:04 AM »

It really is a mad mad world!  Such a shame that extra work is being created for someone's idea of amusement. 

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 06:42:10 AM »

Thank you to all the moderater's and admin for clearing everything up.  I just got so upset because I came to this site because of what Epoman had said about having the ability to speak freely.  And thank you okarol for addressing the matter. I did not want to bother you with the problem. I know what is going on with you and your family and thought better of it.  You need to be there to take care of your daughter and not have to deal with this. I am sorry to have botherd you. 

I am still upset at what happend but not at you. I understand it is something that you guys have no control over.  Thank you all for everything.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 07:13:41 AM by MandaMe1986 » Logged

lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 09:32:08 AM »

OMG, hacking???? R U kidding, sick who ever it was..................Glad your still here MandaMe :cuddle;

Hanify
Elite Member

Hadija, Athol, Me and Molly at Havelock North 09

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 12:04:53 PM »

Yay Mandame!!  Is this to do with the qweqwe guy?

Diagnosed Nov 2007 with Multiple Myeloma.
By Jan 2008 was in end stage renal failure and on haemodialysis.
Changed to CAPD in April 2008.  Now on PD with a cycler.  Working very part time - teaching music.  Love it.  Husband is Paul (we're both 46), daughter Molly is 13.
hurlock1

THIS MEMBER IS BANNED FROM IHD

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2010, 06:31:03 AM »

Sluff/Admin
   It doesn't seem reasonable that "someone" would hack the site just to change a post. Hackers usually have much stronger motives than that. Laying it off to that, and saying that "The issue is being resolved." is ludicrous.
It's like there's an elephant in the room and everybody's politely stepping around it and pretending it isn't there. The individual in question has been found out and still continues to wreck havoc. (too strong?) Because of previous relationships or for what ever reason, they are allowed to keep on doing things that are out a bit of kilter.
   I realize that this is Sluff's sight and it can be run as he sees fit.
   I'm an American and I realize the freedoms that we have here in this country are really great. I sometimes wonder if we have too much freedom. But we have to have rules, in any situation, when there is more than one person. For what ever reason, we can't just say BEHAVE! and allow a person with too much freedom bend/break the rules because we like them, or liked them.
   The only way to correct a problem such as this is to bring this kind of behavior out into the open and openly discuss it and openly have the person responsible admit to mistakes.
   Rules, laid down, need to be for everyone I have been "put in my place" and told that this sight belongs to someone and even though the site is supposed to be someplace that you can say what you want, (within reason) some of the people say what they want no matter what.
   If the perpetrator is in the Admin. and is allowed the keys to the front door, so to speak, there is something wrong.
   The administration does a pretty good job at keeping things straight in here. Understanding is a concept that goes a long way to helping people that continue to have so little in their lives. I understand the ideal of thinking "Oh that's just ol' so and so, his/her's/ it's life is in the crapper so we've just got to have the understanding to help him/her/it along the trail of life." But there comes a time when feet have to be put down and say "Enough is enough!" Again it could be that said person's whole life is wrapped up in IHD and it would kill them if they couldn't have that sort of control. But it wouldn't hurt to at least say BEHAVE or else.
   One way or the other just saying "IHD! love it, or leave it" isn't the answer. The reasonable thing to do is analyze the situation, see if there is a problem, and do something about it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 06:51:53 AM by hurlock1 » Logged
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 10:49:10 AM »

Hurlock, I just don't what to say. Yes, I am going through hell with my daughter's kidney rejection. It is horrible and emotional and everyday I wonder how I am going to cope. So perhaps I should not be on here, trying to deal with the forum. I need support just like anyone else.

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
fc2821
Elite Member

Just another hamster on the dialysis W.O.F.

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2010, 12:22:29 PM »

Okarol, yes you do.... :grouphug; :grouphug;

In center hemo dialysis since Feb 14, 2007. 

If I could type properly, I'd be dangerous!

You may be only one person in the universe but you may mean the the universe to someone else.
Mimi
Elite Member

For any who do not like me I use - prayer.

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 01:16:59 PM »

Hurlock, I just don't what to say. Yes, I am going through hell with my daughter's kidney rejection. It is horrible and emotional and everyday I wonder how I am going to cope. So perhaps I should not be on here, trying to deal with the forum. I need support just like anyone else.

Yes you do Karol and I want you to know you have my support and my prayers for you and Jenna.  I haven't been able to keep up very good so
how is Jenna?  and what is the prognosis?  We love you and please know you and Jenna are in our daily thoughts.

Love, Mimi

Death is not extinguishing the light;
it is putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2010, 04:07:37 PM »

Sluff/Admin
   It doesn't seem reasonable that "someone" would hack the site just to change a post. Hackers usually have much stronger motives than that. Laying it off to that, and saying that "The issue is being resolved." is ludicrous.
It's like there's an elephant in the room and everybody's politely stepping around it and pretending it isn't there. The individual in question has been found out and still continues to wreck havoc. (too strong?) Because of previous relationships or for what ever reason, they are allowed to keep on doing things that are out a bit of kilter.
   I realize that this is Sluff's sight and it can be run as he sees fit.
   I'm an American and I realize the freedoms that we have here in this country are really great. I sometimes wonder if we have too much freedom. But we have to have rules, in any situation, when there is more than one person. For what ever reason, we can't just say BEHAVE! and allow a person with too much freedom bend/break the rules because we like them, or liked them.
   The only way to correct a problem such as this is to bring this kind of behavior out into the open and openly discuss it and openly have the person responsible admit to mistakes.
   Rules, laid down, need to be for everyone I have been "put in my place" and told that this sight belongs to someone and even though the site is supposed to be someplace that you can say what you want, (within reason) some of the people say what they want no matter what.
   If the perpetrator is in the Admin. and is allowed the keys to the front door, so to speak, there is something wrong.
   The administration does a pretty good job at keeping things straight in here. Understanding is a concept that goes a long way to helping people that continue to have so little in their lives. I understand the ideal of thinking "Oh that's just ol' so and so, his/her's/ it's life is in the crapper so we've just got to have the understanding to help him/her/it along the trail of life." But there comes a time when feet have to be put down and say "Enough is enough!" Again it could be that said person's whole life is wrapped up in IHD and it would kill them if they couldn't have that sort of control. But it wouldn't hurt to at least say BEHAVE or else.
   One way or the other just saying "IHD! love it, or leave it" isn't the answer. The reasonable thing to do is analyze the situation, see if there is a problem, and do something about it.

Hurlock,

I really don't understand what your issues are. I think you need to figure out how to use a forum before you complain on how a forum is run. I will not expect any moderators to help you any further here. If they choose to help than fine but I have seen messages and more messages from Admins, Moderators and other members who have tried in vain to help you. I really think a lot of the issues you are having are self inflicted( regarding the site). There are much bigger fish to fry than trying to keep explaining the why's and how's to one member who just does not appreciate what we are trying to do here. There are other sites you can go to, in fact I know Dan is building one as well so why don't you get with him and help him out. You will then understand how a site is run and moderated correctly to keep it organized, I'm sorry you feel the way you do but I understand we will not please everyone. I expect this will end your membership voluntarily, but please understand you are welcome to come here if you need us and if you can do it within the IHD rules which I did not construct. Epoman did and if he were here, you probably would not.

I also stated that if anyone had a problem with the way I do things you could contact me in several ways, without doing it in public forum, but I have yet to recieve one message from you. I guess some people are just not happy unless they can make themselves look like a victim of some kind of mysterious comspiracy. I can assure you there is none of that going on here at IHD. That concept was created by other members who are no longer welcome here and some people just want to fall into believing ridiculous falsehoods.

You chose to do this in public which is why I responded in public. Any future response in public will result in banning you from IHD.

Sluff/Admin
hurlock1

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2010, 07:03:21 PM »

Okarol,
I know what it feels like to have an offspring in dire circumstances. It's horrible. I think that everyone knows my feelings about transplantation for myself. If it were my daughter, my attitude would be completely different. I get haughty from time to time and say something like "I wouldn't do it! "I" have a real life! But the truth is, YOU are the best, most reasonable of all the Admin.. The site would be much less without you. There are some that know their place. They think, no they know that they "run the show"
I committed to an Alcoholics Anonymous "moderated" News Group as a moderator in the early 90s. I spent all of my spare time trying to keep things straight and the only reward I got was criticism.  A thankless job. I thought that it was my calling, my destiny, but I couldn't believe the relief I felt when I quit. I would never do that again.
In the 80s there was a woman elected to mayor in the City of Houston after a string of buffoons. She was popular, fresh, sharp and hard working. She got elected 2 more times. During the 2nd administration, she did OK, but by the third term, she reigned power and rubber stamped things that really required attention, and basically became ineffective. She had been in office too long.
In this situation, New leadership may be in order, but people with power think that they are irreplaceable and they think that that power in their fingertips is what they need to stay alive. It IS their life. I know. too bad.
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2010, 07:15:28 PM »

FYI Okarol's "offspring" has a name and it's JENNA!!!!! sorry had to put that out there.......

hurlock1

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2010, 07:23:24 PM »

Hurlock,

I really don't understand what your issues are. I think you need to figure out how to use a forum before you complain on how a forum is run. I will not expect any moderators to help you any further here. If they choose to help than fine but I have seen messages and more messages from Admins, Moderators and other members who have tried in vain to help you. I really think a lot of the issues you are having are self inflicted( regarding the site). There are much bigger fish to fry than trying to keep explaining the why's and how's to one member who just does not appreciate what we are trying to do here. There are other sites you can go to, in fact I know Dan is building one as well so why don't you get with him and help him out. You will then understand how a site is run and moderated correctly to keep it organized, I'm sorry you feel the way you do but I understand we will not please everyone. I expect this will end your membership voluntarily, but please understand you are welcome to come here if you need us and if you can do it within the IHD rules which I did not construct. Epoman did and if he were here, you probably would not.

I also stated that if anyone had a problem with the way I do things you could contact me in several ways, without doing it in public forum, but I have yet to recieve one message from you. I guess some people are just not happy unless they can make themselves look like a victim of some kind of mysterious comspiracy. I can assure you there is none of that going on here at IHD. That concept was created by other members who are no longer welcome here and some people just want to fall into believing ridiculous falsehoods.

You chose to do this in public which is why I responded in public. Any future response in public will result in banning you from IHD.

Sluff/Admin

OK, never mind. . . :)
jmz
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2010, 07:28:57 PM »

In this situation, New leadership may be in order, but people with power think that they are irreplaceable and they think that that power in their fingertips is what they need to stay alive. It IS their life. I know. too bad.

God Bless you Hurlock, but you really don't get it.   :rofl;    For the life of me I can't figure out why you keep pursuing this topic.  Leadership is not going to change here no matter how much you beat this horse.   :stressed;

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »