I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:04:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Site Requests, Comments, Technical Help.
| | |-+  This is where I draw the line
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This is where I draw the line  (Read 26240 times)
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2010, 08:06:43 PM »

Hurlock -- first, you need to learn how to post a quote without putting your comment inside the quote.  This happen a day or two ago, and no one touched it for fear of you (Hurlock) ranting that we changed your post.    I, for one, would love to know who you want to be in charge.  I have read so much the past few days.  99% of the comments are supportive.  Then there is the less than 1% who continue to complain.  Why continue to argue a dead issue?  Hurlock, if you aren't happy here or getting anything from the site, why do you want to continue to post?   

I have kept fairly quiet the past few days.  This really isn't a thankless job.  So many have posted and pm'd their support and thanks. Their kind thoughts are greatly appreciated.    And, by the way, I have an extremely busy, fullfilling life.  This site is a part of my life, but you have no idea what else I do.  You don't get to know people and assume we are lonely, sad people who have nothing else going on.  WRONG!!!!!   I don't need to be in any position of authority. I volunteer here.  I volunteer many places.  I have been a teacher for many years---and this is like a school yard bully situation.  Well, the principals and teachers are still in their positions and the bullies aren't taking over.   

Thank you, Lola, for using Jenna's name   :cuddle;

paris,Moderator

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2010, 08:19:11 PM »

Paris is a Mother, Wife, Grandmother, Mother-In Law, IHD Moderator/Member, kidney disease struggler, Volunteer, and overall do gooder!

I love my Paris.   :-*

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
Mimi
Elite Member

For any who do not like me I use - prayer.

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010, 11:00:36 PM »

Hurlock, you're in a hole, Quit Digging!

Mimi

Death is not extinguishing the light;
it is putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2010, 04:50:28 AM »

you forgot to add that Paris is also a very part time cupid - trying to match me (or Chris) up with her Beth!!  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

As for the Hurlock thing.... sounds like you want to run for class president or something? Mate I think, and meant in the nicest possible way, that you need to be able to use the forum properly (ie: finding your own posts, quoting others properly etc) before you could consider being a moderator (and this is what you seem to desire, with your comment about the "leadership" needing to change).

I actually 100% suppiort Sluff's earlier response to you - he was reasonable, polite and to the point. Nobody here is "against" you that I have seen - everyone's tried to help multiple times.

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2010, 06:27:24 AM »

Since this thread was about Manda thinking that I erased her post; which I did not do intentionally.  We have resolved it between us and are fine with it. 

I kind of think Hurlock is talking about me and I'm not in a real power position.  Only a working position. 

I have no idea who could fill Karol's shoes!  I couldn't even if I was on the site 24/7.  She keeps us all up on the news.  I've read things from her that my doctors have not heard of yet.  She puts on a PROM for kidney teens, raises 4 kids and keeps a husband.  I would not blame her if she wants to pursue higher endeavors, but I selfishly want her here taking care of us.

Hurlock..... when you hit quote..... scroll down until you see the word quote in brackets at the end of the person's post that you are quoting..  Hit return or enter at the end of the quote until your prompt passes that word and then start your post.

Hope this helps.

hurlock1

THIS MEMBER IS BANNED FROM IHD

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2010, 08:19:54 AM »

Hurlock -- first, you need to learn how to post a quote without putting your comment inside the quote.  This happen a day or two ago, and no one touched it for fear of you (Hurlock) ranting that we changed your post.    I, for one, would love to know who you want to be in charge.  I have read so much the past few days.  99% of the comments are supportive.  Then there is the less than 1% who continue to complain.  Why continue to argue a dead issue?  Hurlock, if you aren't happy here or getting anything from the site, why do you want to continue to post?   

I have kept fairly quiet the past few days.  This really isn't a thankless job.  So many have posted and pm'd their support and thanks. Their kind thoughts are greatly appreciated.    And, by the way, I have an extremely busy, fullfilling life.  This site is a part of my life, but you have no idea what else I do.  You don't get to know people and assume we are lonely, sad people who have nothing else going on.  WRONG!!!!!   I don't need to be in any position of authority. I volunteer here.  I volunteer many places.  I have been a teacher for many years---and this is like a school yard bully situation.  Well, the principals and teachers are still in their positions and the bullies aren't taking over.   

Thank you, Lola, for using Jenna's name   :cuddle;

paris,Moderator
I think that you have me mixed up with someone else. i've never complained about some one changing my posts other that moving them.As far as replying to Okarols post, She mentioned "her daughter" she didn't mention any names.
I can walk about 50 steps. I can barely sign my name. I have dialysis 3 times a week. My 36 year old Daughter, Lena is paralyzed from the waste down from a car accident, and my grand daughter, Julia has leukima.
hurlock1

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2010, 08:30:01 AM »

you forgot to add that Paris is also a very part time cupid - trying to match me (or Chris) up with her Beth!!  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

As for the Hurlock thing.... sounds like you want to run for class president or something? Mate I think, and meant in the nicest possible way, that you need to be able to use the forum properly (ie: finding your own posts, quoting others properly etc) before you could consider being a moderator (and this is what you seem to desire, with your comment about the "leadership" needing to change).

I actually 100% suppiort Sluff's earlier response to you - he was reasonable, polite and to the point. Nobody here is "against" you that I have seen - everyone's tried to help multiple times.
I believe what I said was "In this situation, New leadership may be in order" I don't want any job anywhere. I'm just pointing out that people with control issues need to look at that. I think that if you read what is actually written instead of paraphrasing you'd understand that. I have no beef with anyone, except for Rerun for being blatantly rude several times. I sincerely don't really understand so much attention is being paid to what I am saying.
jmz
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2010, 11:44:39 AM »

I sincerely don't really understand so much attention is being paid to what I am saying.
jmz

I agree.

hurlock1

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2010, 01:16:57 PM »

Hurlock, I just don't what to say. Yes, I am going through hell with my daughter's kidney rejection. It is horrible and emotional and everyday I wonder how I am going to cope. So perhaps I should not be on here, trying to deal with the forum. I need support just like anyone else.
The world is only as large as you have time for. It's plain that you have a big heart and it's obvious that people here count on you. The only person that can make you do anything is you. Storms come and they fade away. In the big picture, decisions one way or the other depend on ourselves.  In the past few days I have spent more time in IHD than I ever have. Accomplishing nothing other than getting threatened of banning. I can't imagine how you can spend as much time as you do, even if your circumstances were like anybody else's. I know that I couldn't do it. It's also plain that this place is a much better place with you in it.
jmz
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2010, 05:12:27 PM »

It's also plain that this place is a much better place with you in it.
jmz

And I will second that one Hurlock.   :thumbup;
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 05:13:35 PM by Sluff » Logged
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2010, 05:48:54 PM »

It's also plain that this place is a much better place with you in it.
jmz
And I will second that one Hurlock.   :thumbup;

Add me to that thought and I will add that not only is IHD a better place, but the world is a better place.    :grouphug;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2010, 05:56:47 PM »

I believe what I said was "In this situation, New leadership may be in order" I don't want any job anywhere. I'm just pointing out that people with control issues need to look at that. I think that if you read what is actually written instead of paraphrasing you'd understand that. I have no beef with anyone, except for Rerun for being blatantly rude several times. I sincerely don't really understand so much attention is being paid to what I am saying.
jmz

Hold on. I'm confused (well I do have CKD so that's a given I guess!). On the one hand you're saying you don't understand why so much attention is being paid to you, yet on the other hand you've started a number of posts about how you can't find your posts, and other problems you've had. Now, I have no issue with someone having problems and requesting help (sorry that makes me sound like I'm a mod or something - which I am not - just a user with an opinion - or many!)... so we show you respect by reading what you have to say and responding... and now you're saying you don't know why?

I'm sure if your posts were ignored and not responded to you'd be complaining that nobody shows you attention or respect?!

Yep, I'm confused.

27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

fc2821
Elite Member

Just another hamster on the dialysis W.O.F.

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2010, 12:41:10 PM »

By the recent posts in this thread, I see people still want to be rude to one another.   

OK, BE RUDE....BUT I DON'T HAVE TO COME HERE TO SEE THIS TYPE OF THING.   I AM LEAVING IHD FOR GOOD.  ARGUE WITH ONE ANOTHER ALL THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY.   

I AM DONE HERE.... :waving;  BYE

In center hemo dialysis since Feb 14, 2007. 

If I could type properly, I'd be dangerous!

You may be only one person in the universe but you may mean the the universe to someone else.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2010, 01:42:53 PM »

I am very sad to read this, fc.   I hope you have read all the good posts the past few days.  This really is a good group of people and your input has been valuable.  Take care.  You know we will be wondering how the surgery goes.  You're in my thoughts.   (come back -  :cuddle;)

Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2010, 03:16:06 PM »

I haven't been here much lately, but here is my 2 cents. It has been expressed at different times that reading something as opposed to someone speaking directly can misinterrupted. When you speak to someone face to face, you can judge what a person means by tone of voice and body language. You can tell if some is upset, being sarcastic, happy sad, ect. Reading it isn't the same. Sometimes it is hard to get things across the way you mean them. I don't think many people here intentionally try to hurt people.
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2010, 05:28:26 PM »

I agree, Ramona.  That's why these smiley faces really can enhance and help your post and let people know if and when you are joking or being sarcastic.

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2010, 08:08:43 PM »

Sorry was I being rude? I wasn't trying to be....

just confused.

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2010, 08:34:18 PM »

Sorry was I being rude? I wasn't trying to be....

just confused.

You are fine Richard.  Your input is always welcomed and valuable.    :cuddle;

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2010, 10:46:36 PM »

Richard, on your worst day, you couldn't be rude!  Your Mother raised a fine gentleman and we all adore you.   Oh yeah, and you are very smart!   :grouphug;

Bub

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2010, 11:06:23 AM »

So some want new leadership?

Alright I will do it  (unless theres any work at all involved in which case I will have to pass).
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2010, 04:46:34 PM »

A gallant offer, Bub!

Galvo
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2010, 06:05:33 PM »

So some want new leadership?

Alright I will do it  (unless theres any work at all involved in which case I will have to pass).

:rofl;    :rofl;   :rofl;   Thanks for stepping up, Bub!!    :rofl;   

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »