I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 09:29:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Ice Finds
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ice Finds  (Read 21688 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2006, 12:05:57 PM »

Hit where it says to "enter the site" at the top of the page.   I wonder what flavor Spongebob is? Or Shrek?   Hmmmmm.

You can order free samples, too! Awesome!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 12:08:45 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2006, 02:08:33 AM »

under $2 US for a 4oz sample but to deliver to Canada it would be another $9 US at least :( Awww

I like the Root Beer Float  and Dreamsicle!

.. wow Tootsie Roll & Wedding Cake ??

What the heck does Pimp Juice taste like? lol

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
vandie

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2006, 07:40:46 AM »

under $2 US for a 4oz sample but to deliver to Canada it would be another $9 US at least :( Awww

I like the Root Beer Float  and Dreamsicle!

.. wow Tootsie Roll & Wedding Cake ??

What the heck does Pimp Juice taste like? lol
They all sound yummy, but pimp juice just sounds wrong.

Life is the journey, not the destination.

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2006, 09:57:39 AM »

Hit where it says to "enter the site" at the top of the page.   I wonder what flavor Spongebob is? Or Shrek?   Hmmmmm.

You can order free samples, too! Awesome!

Well duh, lol, damn do i feel stupid, thanks Kit  :2thumbsup;  ;)  My order has been placed and now i sit and wait (licking my chops) ;)  :clap;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2006, 01:58:24 PM »

I've tried the ice in the last couple days and it tastes so good.
was thinking of sprinkling some crystal light or something on it.
Making tiny little cubes in my tray and that sorts of limits them cause
I have to wait for them to freeze.  When I get out will look for
some crushed ice or cubed ice.  My son/wife do have a snowcone maker
they got I think at Meijers.   Maybe I should ask for one for Christmas.

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
meadowlandsnj

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2006, 04:28:17 PM »

I bet all those fancy flavorings you can get at the fancy coffee shops would make great snowcones.

One of my friends was on a low carb diet and they had all those syrups in sugar free also.  A company called DaVinci makes them and they're pretty good.
davincigourmet.com
but you can find them in retail stores sometimes.

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
meadowlandsnj

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2006, 04:37:58 PM »

I have been looking for an ice  shaver or crusher   where did you find it Rerun ?

The Brand name is Waring Pro but it sucks!  I just did a search for ice crushers.  The first one I got you had to turn a handle so they let me send it back and then I got this electric one.  It is just not the same as the one at the center because it uses my ice cubes.  The one at the center makes it own little tiny balls and I love it.

I've been bringing my own plastic cups with lids to dialysis and filling them up with ice and taking them home.  I get the large 20oz plastic clear cups and lids at Dunkin Donuts (ask for some when you go--if they're nice they'll give you a few when you buy a cup of coffee).  I wait until the absolutely last minute before I leave and fill them up and put the lids on.  There really isn't too much meltage on the way home (15 minutes) and when I get home I pour out the water and freeze it.  Every 5 minutes go to the freezer and shake the cup to keep the balls apart.  It comes out perfect!  I LOVE ME ICE!!!  I crave it!  Somedays I'd rather eat and chew ice than food.......I've sprinkled Cyrstal Light over it also--or you can put a tiny bit of water on the bottom of the cup,  put the Crystal Light in it and then fill it with ice then skae it a bit so the ice has all the flavor in it.  I've also gotten some Coke syrup at the pharmacy and put that over ice to get that Coke flavor when I really crave it.  Plus when I was little kid Coke syrup was used to make your stomach feel better, my mom put it over ice and it stopped neasua (SP)

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2006, 05:58:54 PM »

Those are really good ideas.
I have not noticed an ice machine at the center I go to.
Maybe I just missed it.
I'm having a friend pick me up a 2-liter diet ginger ale and I'm going to
see how that works for smal ice cubes also.  I found I've drank lot less
fluid last couple days using small ice.  Thanks for all the good ideas.

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2006, 07:46:17 PM »

I've tried the ice in the last couple days and it tastes so good.
was thinking of sprinkling some crystal light or something on it.
Crstal Light has some Phosphorus in it. Not sure how much but I remember I was gonna buy some until I saw that. Not as much as milk but since I have the hardest time with fluids I try to stick with non-Po4 drinks :P

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2006, 03:04:11 PM »

IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE,  I got my Snowcone Machine  :clap;  havent tried it out yet though, i am going to go get me some kind of syrup somewhere and i will let you all know tomorrow how it works k,  then i can have ALL of you over for snowcones  :2thumbsup;   

www.kidneyoogle.com
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2006, 03:06:44 PM »

Plain ole Hershey's works, too!  Yum, yum - sounds like fun!

I want a virtual snowcone, please!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

NY2FL

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2006, 04:46:55 PM »

When I was a kid, we always had something in the pantry called "U-Bet" syrup...it came in chocolate, vanilla, and fruit flavors. We used it with seltzer to make eggcreams and flavored soda. Also great on ice cream.
Enjoy your "brainfreeze!!"
http://www.foxs-syrups.com/memories.php3

In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.
                                                      -Einstein
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2006, 02:00:01 PM »

:banghead; :banghead; :banghead;  MY SNOWCONE MACHINE DOES NOT WORK  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;  The seller at Ebay has been notified but in the meantime, i have all this ice, hubby even went to Smart and Final and picked me up some syrups and i cannot eat a freaken snowcone  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead; :'( :'( :'(

www.kidneyoogle.com
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2006, 02:21:30 PM »

HEAR YE HEAR YE... GOOFYNINA IS NOW EATING HER FIRST HOMEMADE SNOWCONE MADE JUST FOR HER BY HER LOVING HUBBY (in the blender) lol,   Believe it folks,  we didnt even need to buy a Snowcone Machine,  hubby blended the ice up in a blender and VOILA instant Snowcone... AYE YI YI  :banghead;   Now, i just wait to hear from the seller of that contraption and see where we go from here!

www.kidneyoogle.com
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2006, 05:58:54 PM »

Oh man, that sucks Goofynina.  Hope you get your money back!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2006, 08:59:44 PM »

I wish I would have read you post before I drove by a Garage Sale Today!  I bought a Snow Cone Maker.  It is a Frosty The Snowman one.  It works better with little cubes of ice.  The big cubes form to the shaver and you are done.  Oh, well, it was $3.

Russ

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2006, 07:23:40 AM »

For those who have Sonic restaurants in your area, they sell ice pellets in 8 pound bags for around $1.49. 
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2007, 02:06:40 AM »

Chili's Restaurant has good crunchy edible ice.  The ice crunches nicely between your teeth without being to hard to crunch on.
 :bump;

lifenotonthelist.com

angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2007, 04:51:15 AM »

gooynina - check this out.  It says you can order samples!

http://www.snowballsupply.com/

I want to try blueberry cheesecake snowcones!

Worth the bump!

HEAR YE HEAR YE... GOOFYNINA IS NOW EATING HER FIRST HOMEMADE SNOWCONE MADE JUST FOR HER BY HER LOVING HUBBY (in the blender) lol, Believe it folks, we didnt even need to buy a Snowcone Machine, hubby blended the ice up in a blender and VOILA instant Snowcone... AYE YI YI :banghead; Now, i just wait to hear from the seller of that contraption and see where we go from here!
Goofynina, when you blended the ice, did you use tap water to make the ice (I hate the taste of my own tap water) or use bottled water? Did the blender have an "Ice" feature (a lot of them are advertising that feature now) or did you just blend normal (what setting??).

:thx;

Chili's Restaurant has good crunchy edible ice. The ice crunches nicely between your teeth without being to hard to crunch on.
Holy crap Kitkatz we both thought this thread was worth bumping on the SAME day! lol
 :2thumbsup; :2thumbsup; :2thumbsup; :2thumbsup; :2thumbsup;

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2007, 01:06:03 PM »

Goofynina, when you blended the ice, did you use tap water to make the ice (I hate the taste of my own tap water) or use bottled water? Did the blender have an "Ice" feature (a lot of them are advertising that feature now) or did you just blend normal (what setting??).

My fridge has an ice maker with filtered water and my blender has an ice crusher button,  :2thumbsup;

www.kidneyoogle.com
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2007, 08:54:31 PM »

My fridge has an ice maker with filtered water and my blender has an ice crusher button,  :2thumbsup;
ooooh LUCKY!  :beer1;

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2007, 09:39:07 PM »

I want an ice maker.

lifenotonthelist.com

Triker

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2007, 11:52:38 AM »

They have the best ice at my dialysis unit. It's shaped like little tubes and it's almost like crushed ice formed into shapes, so it's not really hard.

When I bought a new refrigerator, I chose not to buy one with an icemaker. I wanted an icemaker, but didn't want to crawl under the house to install the plumbing. I saw that Home Depot had a Magic Chef brand countertop unit that required no plumbing. It makes a lot of ice, and makes the tube type cubes, in three sizes. I love it! :thumbup;

I sometimes bag it in 2 gallon ziplock freezer bags, so if I go somewhere, and want to fill an ice chest. I have several bags in the freezer.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 11:56:28 AM by Triker » Logged
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2007, 12:39:44 PM »

I saw that Home Depot had a Magic Chef brand countertop unit that required no plumbing. It makes a lot of ice, and makes the tube type cubes, in three sizes. I love it! :thumbup;

I sometimes bag it in 2 gallon ziplock freezer bags, so if I go somewhere, and want to fill an ice chest. I have several bags in the freezer.
Oh nice! I have a Home Depot right near me! Do you know what the price range was? Even though I am in Canada I will at least have an idea if I can afford it ;)

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2007, 12:41:40 PM »

How does it work? Does it hook up to the sink, or do you load it with water and it shoots out ice?
I would love one. Can you post a pic?  Give us a model number and name?

lifenotonthelist.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »