I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:25:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Random thoughts
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Random thoughts  (Read 29600 times)
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« on: November 03, 2009, 08:15:40 AM »

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.   

Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.

How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.

I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

Was learning to write in cursive really necessary?

I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear what they said?

I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars teams up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front.. Stay strong, brothers & sisters !

MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

Bad decisions make good stories.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day.

Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after DVDs? I don't want to have to restart my collection.

I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.

I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? D@mnit!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?

I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

It should probably be called Unplanned Parenthood.

I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

I think that if, years down the road when I'm trying to have a kid, I find out that I'm sterile, most of my disappointment will stem from the fact that I was not aware of my condition in college.

Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but

I'd bet everyone can find and push the Snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time every time...

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Bub

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 05:20:55 AM »

Okarol you are wise beyond your years. :bow;

I wish I had some profound thoughts to post, but I havent had a profound thought since 1993.  I dont remember what it was, but it had something to do with Gilligan's Island.
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

Life's a bitch and then you go on dialysis!

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 05:52:32 AM »

Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer or at least within firing range! 8)

In my teens hated pubs....to full of old men.

Still hate pubs.......too full of kids.

Ken
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 08:53:57 AM »

I just love this thread !  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Ladystardust24

Keep Calm, Carry on.

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 12:13:14 AM »

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.   

Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.

How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.

I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

Was learning to write in cursive really necessary?

I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear what they said?

I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars teams up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front.. Stay strong, brothers & sisters !

MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

Bad decisions make good stories.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day.

Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after DVDs? I don't want to have to restart my collection.

I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.

I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? D@mnit!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?

I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

It should probably be called Unplanned Parenthood.

I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

I think that if, years down the road when I'm trying to have a kid, I find out that I'm sterile, most of my disappointment will stem from the fact that I was not aware of my condition in college.

Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but

I'd bet everyone can find and push the Snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time every time...

Wow, I so agree!! haha especially with the best friend deleting history after I die. and the folded fitted sheets, and the unplanned parenthood thing and the realizing your wrong. haha. sucks. ..

It recently occured to me.. while women only get better with age, we get wiser,and more self confident, and a beauty of it's own,and smarter... men just stay at 14-16 years of age, at most 18. 

What is the last thing people see/feel/think before dying?

What would jesus say if he were to come down here.. Considering he was jewish, I don't think he'd like the whole ham thing too much...

What would happen if we could bring back people from the dead, what would they say/think?

If the whole idea of "one true love" is really realistic.. or is it something as society we made up to feel like we know and what to expect out of life, whats considered the "norm" and inside the limits of socially acceptable. Whats wrong with loving many people, responsibly.. OR.. having more than one true love?.. maybe IT IS normal to fall in and out of love. Maybe thats what we are meant to really do. People grow, why should we limit ourselves because of another person? and shouldn't it be acceptable to grow apart? I think if we didn't have this societies idea of "one true love" then maybe people wouldn't be stuck in miserable situations, or feel bad for leaving them. And it would be more acceptable to fall out of love.

Why does Steve jobs try to torture us by releasing something cooler and newer and even more wicked awesome than before?..especially if you JUST got it?? :o

Adding leopard print/sparkle to anything makes it automatically more awesome.

Dialysis 99-01
transplanted 01-04
Dialysis 04-10
Currently Transplant 10-22 +!

Very grateful for my Ziggy Bean.
peleroja
Elite Member

I have 16 hats, all the same style!

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 10:13:50 AM »

This is good stuff, Karol!   :clap;
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 10:21:42 AM »

LOL - I have a friend who is a practicing Wiccan.  Her mother still thinks she's part of the family church, and she does go occasionally to keep mom happy, even if she doesn't believe.  I'm under strict orders to remove all evidence of anything wiccan in the event of her death - before her mother arrives! 

My random thought. . .

If half my hair was going to fall out, shouldn't the grey ones have volunteered to go first?

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

fc2821
Elite Member

Just another hamster on the dialysis W.O.F.

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 10:43:14 AM »

Ladystardust24, you had it right the first time, we men remain 16 mentally most of the time. No mater how educated and mature seeming we"ll always do something silly from time to time. Especilly with our male friends. Sorry ladies, it is in our genes.  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

As for random thoughts:

Do you think they have something dialysis on other planets? Providing other planets are populated.

Wonder if people on other plants ever wonder if there are people on other planets?

Did early humans ever realize they probably smelled?

In center hemo dialysis since Feb 14, 2007. 

If I could type properly, I'd be dangerous!

You may be only one person in the universe but you may mean the the universe to someone else.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 04:23:27 PM »

More randomness...
The company that manufactures the greatest number of women’s dresses each year is Mattel. Barbie’s got to wear something.

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »

From tonight's Nova about Darwin. . .if humans had the same range of adult sizes that dogs do, there would be Barbie doll size people running around.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 06:50:41 PM »

From tonight's Nova about Darwin. . .if humans had the same range of adult sizes that dogs do, there would be Barbie doll size people running around.

You beat me to it, Jbeany!

I thought that was so amazing! Whole show has been riveting.

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 11:20:53 PM »

This is really a great thread, funny too.   :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; Wish I could think too.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 12:14:37 AM »

I cried because I had no hat. Until I met a man who had no head. Not much of a talker, that guy.

OMFG = On my foreman grill

I SWEAR TO DRUNK I'M NOT GOD!!!

Tip for the kids: carry around a zip-lock bag of baking soda. It drives adults crazy.

I'd like to meet a guy named Art. I'd take him to a museum, hang him on the wall, criticize him, and leave.

Sad story short , she said no.

One bad thing about working for yourself is if you call in and say your grandmother died, you know you're just making it up.

I hate people who type like ThIs AlL tHe TiMe

Do these stairs go up or down?!!

A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

Saying something over and over again doesn't make it true...unless, of course, you're saying, "I'm obnoxious and repetitive."

This sentence won't save you any money on car insurance.

I want to start a college course called Couch 101. It'll be a class that anybody can sit in on.

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted.

I didn't commit a crime... what I did was fail to comply with the law.

I want my kids to have the things in life that I never had when I was growing up. Things like beards and chest hair.

Ok, so blood is thicker than water, but it isn't nearly as refreshing after a tough basketball practice.

Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll sit in a boat, get drunk, and pee off the port bow. Who's up for fishing?

Is gravity getting you down?

Everyone is paranoid. I'm certain.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 01:12:28 AM by okarol » Logged

Hanify
Elite Member

Hadija, Athol, Me and Molly at Havelock North 09

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 01:17:49 AM »

I'm not as thunk as drinkel peep...

Diagnosed Nov 2007 with Multiple Myeloma.
By Jan 2008 was in end stage renal failure and on haemodialysis.
Changed to CAPD in April 2008.  Now on PD with a cycler.  Working very part time - teaching music.  Love it.  Husband is Paul (we're both 46), daughter Molly is 13.
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2009, 12:12:42 PM »

Clearing cupboards in the kitchen today, trying to simplify my life (and my eventual move).

Why do I have 7 frying pans but only 4 stove burners?

fc2821
Elite Member

Just another hamster on the dialysis W.O.F.

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 11:11:39 AM »

Random Thoughts:

There are somethings we should never know.

But that ditch wasn't there when I was driving.

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts and minds of men?  I try not to think about it.

If you were on a train leaving New York traveling at 90 miles per hour and your brother was on a train leaving Los Angles traveling at 85 miles per hour, who was the first Preisdent of the Continental Congress?

In center hemo dialysis since Feb 14, 2007. 

If I could type properly, I'd be dangerous!

You may be only one person in the universe but you may mean the the universe to someone else.
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 06:47:05 PM »

I love this thread but my thoughts, though random, are rarely so profound.  Why don't I have two of JB's skillets and "The Shadow Knows".

This morning as I was hacking and blowing my  nose over and over while doing the obligatory New Year's Day laundry (have to start the year with everything clean) I had a thought.

Unlimited is the supply of snot and dryer lint... why can't someone come up with a way to make alternative feul of them?

Now that is lack of decorum I'd say.  Sorry.

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 08:10:16 PM »

I had a thought..... but I forgot!

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2010, 05:09:18 PM »

I can now drink all the water I want - just as soon as I can get my water pipes thawed. . .  @#$%@$#% Michigan winters!

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2010, 05:24:51 PM »

If a duck passes gas mid-flight, does it fly faster?

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

Life's a bitch and then you go on dialysis!

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 05:47:08 AM »

If sh't acquired  value, would the poor be born without butts???

Ken
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2010, 06:40:55 AM »

If sh't acquired  value, would the poor be born without butts???

No, the government would take them away!

thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2010, 12:48:24 AM »

an elephant is a mouse built to government specifications

and

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup

(sorry i just couldn't resist)

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 03:38:12 PM »

MLK received the Nobel Peace prize at the age of 35. 

I'm already past that, and feeling a bit behind today!

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 09:04:06 PM »

I have one but not sure if to post. I'll let Wenchie post it.

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012