I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:01:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduction - PLEASE READ THIS SECTION FIRST
| | |-+  All Members Please Read!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: All Members Please Read!  (Read 33593 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: June 08, 2009, 05:03:11 PM »

Just a reminders of the various rules Epoman has established for this site.  We need to keep his legacy alive!

Older members and newer members, please review and refresh your memory of the site rules.

Why Epoman started this site: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=20.0

Site rules:  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=540.0

Gender selection: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=584.0

kitkatz,Moderator

« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 05:05:15 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 05:38:18 PM »

:thumbup;      I have reread and refreshed my memory.   Thanks Kitkatz

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 05:45:35 PM »

For gender selection, I do prefer females, but renal romance is closed  ;D :rofl;

I know we should review them from time to time.

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 06:24:42 PM »

Thank you for reminders.  :)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 06:32:23 PM »

So, can I post a link to Youtube?  I have in the past. 

peleroja
Elite Member

I have 16 hats, all the same style!

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 07:24:24 AM »

Ok, read em again.  Just wondering why, since it is a part of the rules, I find frequent posts with misspellings.  I understand colloquial spellings (I used one myself in my first sentence), and I understand the English spellings (my grandmother was from England); what I don't understand is simple spelling mistakes.  Just sort of glares out at my eyes.  Getting down from my soap box now.
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 07:43:14 AM »

I do not get it - so what if a word is misspelled -- it is what the person posts that is important -
maybe the person is upset and crying and spelling is not the first thing on the person's mind-
if I offend anyone by not using grammar - I use -'s --- then let me know and I will not posting and send pm's to my friends on this site
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 07:53:22 AM »

I'm with twirl.  Most spelling errors are actually typos.  What about people who's first language is something other than English?  Anyway, I think we should be a diligent as possible but ...  This is only a spell checker and not a grammar or syntax checker anyway.  Should we type in word and copy and paste?

People were complaining about new people using all CAPS.  Truthfully, the doubled space stuff with returns after each line is far harder to read (but that's not against the rules).  There is one rather clever weekly blog that I've stopped reading for that reason. 

Bottom line, not every one on was an English teacher.  And some of us who were just don't often have time to proof read.

Bad words, rudeness, etc. are all good but isn't that just common sense?

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 07:59:38 AM »

:twocents;

I think the intent is to keep the site as professional as possible. Having said that, I try to put myself in the shoes of the person posting. I know there have been times that the tears are flowing when I post and the last thing on my mind is spelling. It is the message that is important, so I try to cut the poster slack.

I read what first grade students write so I can usually figure out the message. I do understand how difficult it is for some folks to read, though.

All in all, I would be more concerned about losing members who have a hard time posting with correct spelling, than simply skipping posts that are hard to read.

End of  :twocents;

Maybe only worth 1 cent.

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 08:10:59 AM »

Ditto Alete... but mine is worth a dime.... :twocents; :twocents; :twocents; :twocents; :twocents;

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 08:38:24 AM »

Epoman said to me more than once that he wants this site to be up forever and so he put in a spell checker to help us.  I am grateful -- or you would see wayyyy more misspelling from me. 

Come on guys you can take 2 seconds to hit spell check.  It may catch simple typos.  AND I know I still have them, but less than if there was not a spell check.

Thanks -  :thx;

twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 05:06:42 PM »

spell check will not check   there instead of their   or  hare instead of hair
and I do not want to hurt anyone's feelings -- which is more important spelling or hurting someone's feelings ?
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 05:09:56 PM »

what's more important is not to yell.

Wenchie58
Elite Member

Always carrying the big silly grin!

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 05:16:44 PM »

There are times when we all just have to agree to disagree.  I get irritated when I find misspellings in books or magazines too.  I'm not being hateful or rude to the poster, I am just stating how I feel.  Funny how some people can say what they feel and it's fine, but if others do it a disagreement ensues.
There are folks from all over the world here and different spellings or words are used, that isn't the issue for me.  I love to read Monrein's posts...especially when she goes all...I guess it would be called Jamaican.  The beauty of this site is that everyone should get to have his/her opinion and feelings...without criticism.

Please Lord, let there be no spelling errors in the above post.  AMEN!   :cuddle;

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says "Oh s**t, she's awake!"

Right nephrectomy 1963
Diagnosed ESRD 2007
"Listed" summer 2007
Transplant 3/6 match  10/24/08
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 05:39:29 PM »

Well said, Rerun.  You are one of the originals and know personally what Epoman wanted and how important the "look" of the forum was to him.  Go on other forums and you see disorganization and no order to anything.  We all make mistakes (well most of us!) but we all want our "home" tidy and well kept.  When someone has a true problem, allowances are made.  We didn't make it this far without great guidance and vision.   So, if we all do our part, we will be here for the long haul.  Now I will hit spell check and pray I didn't offend anyone or yell too loud . .. .....   :rofl;   :rofl;   

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 05:49:51 PM »

I find  it very easy to disagree in here are long as you disagree with those that the established people disagree with.  But when you disagree with one of the originals then you have to back down.  I would expect writers to have proper everything (they have proofreaders) but people on here are just people  It seems you originals make them feel welcome until they have an idea different from yours.  Maybe then the disagreeables will  just decide to bow out and leave it to the originals.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 06:25:30 PM by dwcrawford » Logged

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 05:54:43 PM »

Epoman said "Take pride in your posts." I think he was right. I make typos all the time and sometimes I don't catch it until I've read it twice. If you take a minute it's not a big deal. No one expects perfection (well, maybe Sluff does, heheheh) but do your best.

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Wenchie58
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 05:55:14 PM »

Awww DW...we are all originals!  One of a kind times a whole bunch.  Isn't that the wonder of this site.  Diversity makes it the wonderful place that it is.

I, for one, am able to disagree with someone and still love them to death.......

slowly.....

with a pillow!  Just kidding!    :rofl;

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says "Oh s**t, she's awake!"

Right nephrectomy 1963
Diagnosed ESRD 2007
"Listed" summer 2007
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 06:07:12 PM »

I find  it very easy to disagree in here are long as you disagree with those that the establish people disagree with.  But when you disagree with one of the originals then you have to back down.  I would expect writers to have proper everything (they have proofreaders) but people on here are just people  It seems you originals make them feel welcome until that have an idea different from yours.  Maybe then the disagreeables will  just decide to bow out and leave it to the originals.

Ok that is fine.  But, I have to read it twice to got what you were trying to said.  AND if you will have just taken 2 seconds you will have seen fur yourself.  See?  :waving;

Wenchie58
Elite Member

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 06:09:28 PM »

LOLOL!  I LOVE Rerun....she says it all perfectly! 

Right nephrectomy 1963
Diagnosed ESRD 2007
"Listed" summer 2007
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2009, 06:24:06 PM »

yes rerun, If i hadn't been so angry when I wrote that I would have proofed it and corrected a couple of things.  I'll do it now.  Maybe if you had read it twice you would have caught your error too.

David13
Member for Life

A meow massages the heart.

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2009, 06:26:42 PM »

yes rerun, If i hadn't been so angry when I wrote that I would have proofed it and corrected a couple of things.  I'll do it now.  Maybe if you had read it twice you would have caught your error too.

Perhaps you are taking yourself too seriously. 

“The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization” - Sigmund Freud
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2009, 06:28:21 PM »

There's a difference, Sir Mr. David in  being serious about serious things and being too serious about ridiculous banter....

David13
Member for Life

A meow massages the heart.

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2009, 06:30:26 PM »

The definition of ridiculous is in the eye of the beholder.  What may be ridiculous to one person may be a quite serious matter to another.  Who is to judge? 

“The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization” - Sigmund Freud
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2009, 06:33:15 PM »

You are right David.  I know absolutely nothing about you... and classy is a silly word anyway.  I know maybe one or two things about every other person on here but not one single things about you other than you know a lot of words.  I stand corrected and offer an apology.  I don't know what constitutes classy and what doesn't.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »