I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 09:41:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I posted a public apology to Neo
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I posted a public apology to Neo  (Read 3238 times)
hurlock1

THIS MEMBER IS BANNED FROM IHD

« on: May 21, 2009, 09:14:54 PM »

And I came back to see if he accepted it and it was gone. It was polite. It was an apology without conditions. I'm getting paranoid here. Why would a post get removed?
swramsay

My son, Scotland, is my heartbeat.

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 09:24:21 PM »

It was move to .... EDITED: Moved to member section - Sluff/Admin

No idea why. I didn't even know there was a section like that. Hmmm. I wonder what other things I will find there.............

JUST KEEP GOING.
March 2009: NxStage Pureflow Home Dialysis 5-6 x's week
Sept 2008: In center dialysis
Sept 2008: Left kidney removed (bladder cancer)
April 2006: Right kidney removed (bladder cancer). Chemo for lymph node mets.
April 2004: Bladder removed plus hysterectomy & neobladder made (bladder cancer)
Feb 1994: Original bladder cancer diagnosis & beginning of this journey

www.marykay.com/wramsay
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 04:45:44 AM »

Sorry Hurlock1 yes I did move it and I probably should have let you know that. No need to get paranoid. Here is a link to your post.  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=14019.0
hurlock1

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 05:55:42 AM »

Sorry Hurlock1 yes I did move it and I probably should have let you know that. No need to get paranoid. Here is a link to your post.  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=14019.0
But why did you move it? (just so I'll know not to make the same mistake next time) This Is general disscussion. I followed the link,  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=14019.0 and in the link tree at the top of the page, it showed the post to be still in general disscussion. I mostly only go  to general disscussion. I don't know where "neo" goes, but he's sure to see it in here. Is this censorship? There was nothing offensive or dirty. I don't believe I stepped on anyone's ego, so why?

BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 08:28:00 AM »

The general discussion on this board is not the same as that on others boards.

From what I recall in the beginning, Epoman told me the general discussion here is suppose to be about dialysis and stuff related directly to dialysis. If the post had the word dialysis in it, it was posted here.  Sometimes other things get posted in this section and usually when the mods get time they move the posts to what is considered the appropriate section for said post.
hurlock1

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 08:42:45 AM »

The general discussion on this board is not the same as that on others boards.

From what I recall in the beginning, Epoman told me the general discussion here is suppose to be about dialysis and stuff related directly to dialysis. If the post had the word dialysis in it, it was posted here.  Sometimes other things get posted in this section and usually when the mods get time they move the posts to what is considered the appropriate section for said post.
Ok, I think that I'm done. i'm sure gonna miss this place.
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 09:45:06 AM »

no need to leave or get upset because they moved your post....this place has too much good information that can help you live better.
 :flower;

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 10:11:19 AM »

Posts often get moved, it's nothing personal - just the mods (who are all volunteers) doing their best to keep things tidy for us so that in years to come things are all in the right place if we're searching for stuff.

Please don't get upset and leave, I think it's great that we CAN put something in the wrong place and someone will tidy up.  Please stay we are only just getting to know you.   
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 01:17:09 PM »

Hurlock1 quit taking things personal. We are considered family here and when a post concerns one of our members and not about dialysis it gets moved to the Member section. Is this post not intended and about a member?

Thanks everyone for trying to reach out to Hurlock and for trying to help him understand. This site is large and can be confusing until you catch the method to our madness.. :) Guess we can't please everyone.

Hurlock anytime you want to come back and post you are most welcome.

Sluff/Admin
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 01:37:35 PM »

If posts aren't kept orderly and in the correct sections, things would run amuck.  As a "newbie" I had a couple of my posts moved.  We all still make mistakes and may post something with the word "dialysis"  in a non-dialysis thread.  A member may contact a moderator or admin and the post will be moved to the proper section.   With so many members and posts, this helps keep the forum in order and running smoothly.   Hope you change your mind and come back. 

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 02:21:19 PM »

Hurlock, I hope you'll understand these explanations and get past thinking anything personal was intended.  I hope you won't leave. However, if you do decide to leave, that's your choice but if and/or when you decide to return you will once again be welcome here and your input will be important.

By the way, did you read all the responses to your apology?  There were quite a few and they were sincere.  No need to get hung up on a tiny housekeeping detail. 

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 01:19:05 PM »

THREAD LOCKED

Sluff/Admin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »