I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 11:36:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413367 times)
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1475 on: March 22, 2009, 12:59:51 PM »

Ah, the old Skippy steak, eh???....

Sounds delicious!!!... :rofl;... Don't forget the glass of good wine with it, Celeste...

Dougal loves his piggy... I can put him into his crate for a few hours if I want to get things done, and so long as he has his piggy, he's happy!...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1476 on: March 22, 2009, 06:18:05 PM »

backing away slowly from this conversation step by step quietly!  :rofl; :rofl;

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1477 on: March 23, 2009, 07:33:09 AM »

Aaaaaawwwww, Chris...

Don't be so scared..... The anesthetic is very effective... You won't feel a thing!...:rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

Darth....

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1478 on: March 25, 2009, 06:41:52 PM »

When I volunteered for the Anti Cruelty Society to spay and nueter stray cats, I had to neuter several male cats. Gas them up, lay them on their side, make a small incision, pull them out and slice them off  :o and then let them recovery. I don't wan't to go thru that!

Something about Mel Brooks "History of The World Part 1" comes to mind for some reason, do you know the scene?  :rofl;

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #1479 on: March 26, 2009, 04:35:09 AM »

a true story -- the author spades her coyote by wrapping rubber bands around the coyote's testicles -- gradually they skrink down to almost nothing  --- the coyote is not to happy about all that but it works-
and it is cheap --- The Daily Coyote
MIbarra
Elite Member

Stopping to smell the bluebonnets

« Reply #1480 on: March 26, 2009, 04:45:07 PM »

That's not nice. Poor coyote.   :(

Cadaver transplant April 29, 2007
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1481 on: March 26, 2009, 05:18:53 PM »

Oh Boy!!!... The joys of being a pet owner!...

Just back from the Emergency Vet's... Dougal managed (God knows how!) to dislocate his kneecap in the back garden this evening... I let him out to 'go' at about 8pm, and when he came back in about fifteen minutes later, he was limping badly!!!... He was shocked, and refused point blank to eat... Not even a piggy (his favorite roasted, dried, pig's ears) could tempt him!... When Dougal refuses food, there's something SERIOUSLY wrong!...

Anyway, as the vet was examining, and manipulating his leg, you could hear the little 'click' as the kneecap popped back in!... Thank God it did... Saved him having to have surgery to fix it...  So now he's pumped full of painkiller, steroids, and anti-inflammitories, and I've more painkilling pills for him... No walkies for three days, though... He will not be happy... Neither will I... He'll drive me crazy when he can't have his constitutional forty-five minute walk in the morning!!...

He's in great form now... As soon as he had the kneecap relocated, he was trotting around the surgery, barking, demanding food, and trying to jump into the lap of a pretty little blonde nurse!... Business as usual, then!... :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;...

Thank God for Pet Insurance!...

So it's now 11.45pm... Dougal's had a piggy (ate this one pretty sharpish!), and is snoring, and I'm going to bed!...

Goodnight all...

Love..

Darth...

David13
Member for Life

A meow massages the heart.

« Reply #1482 on: March 26, 2009, 06:10:13 PM »

Oh, Darth!  So sorry to hear about Dougal's troubles.  I am glad to hear it was fixed without too much difficulty.  Give him a hug from his Uncle David!   :cuddle;

“The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization” - Sigmund Freud
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #1483 on: March 26, 2009, 10:50:07 PM »

The cat in the curtain!
Missy- Our dog

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
David13
Member for Life

A meow massages the heart.

« Reply #1484 on: March 27, 2009, 05:26:00 AM »

The cat and Misty the dog are both adorable, Kit! 

What is the cat's name? 

“The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization” - Sigmund Freud
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1485 on: March 27, 2009, 09:21:36 AM »

Hmm could it be Garfield??? Or possibly Darth Garfield???  :rofl;

cute kitty & dawg

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #1486 on: March 27, 2009, 12:11:58 PM »

The kitty's name is Aslan.  He is orange and white and weighs about a ton.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1487 on: March 27, 2009, 12:24:02 PM »

Beautiful moggie, KitKatz...

Little brat's just as brattish as usual (thank God... If he wasn't I'd be REALLY worried!)... Turned my back for about thirty seconds to fill his water dish this morning, and turned back to find him on the kitchen table!!!!... Think he's pain-free!!!... Little sod!... He's still on the painkillers... And he's literally eating the pill from our hand... So I don't have to worry about hiding them in food... The vet says to give him goodies, he deserves them... Never fear, Mum's doing it already!!!... He's being spoiled!... Suppose he deserves it!... He LOVES his hugs... Was on Mum's bed, lying on his back getting his belly rubbed for ages!...

I'm very tired... Last night gave us a terrible fright... I didn't go to sleep until about three o'clock this morning, and I woke at five-thirty... The brat was on my mind... Thankfully when he stepped out of bed this morning at about 7am, he was fully weight-bearing on that leg... He must have felt something though, because he looked at the knee every so often... But he just had a quick pee (lifting the affected leg!), and ate his brekkie... Then he came back in and slept for the rest of the morning...

I can't walk his lordship at least until Monday (he's on crate rest... quick pee and poop visits outside... plenty of time on the lap, and back into his crate)... On the plus side, he LOVES his sleep... And just so long as there's a human to chat with,and wangle treats out of, between naps, he's happy!....

Hope everybody's pawed people are well...

Love...

Darth...

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1488 on: March 28, 2009, 12:54:07 AM »

Sounds like DougaL might be getting a bit addicted to them painkillers!! LOL watch out!!! Still I am glad he is on the mend !!!

Hope you sleep better too! :)

27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1489 on: March 28, 2009, 03:13:14 AM »

Sounds like DougaL might be getting a bit addicted to them painkillers!! LOL watch out!!! Still I am glad he is on the mend !!!

Ha Ha!!!!.... Honestly Richard, I can't believe that he's daft enough to eat the pills straight out of my hand.... Great though... My last two dogs were a nightmare to get medication into!...

Hope you sleep better too! :)

Slept better last night, thank God... As I can't take the little horror for a walk, I'm not bothering to even get dressed today.... A Duvet Day, Methinks!!!...

Hope Celeste is keeping you in your place!... :rofl;

Love...

Darth....

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1490 on: March 28, 2009, 08:14:13 PM »

Celeste is sunbaking as I type but she's always keeping me in my place!!!!! No worries there :)

kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #1491 on: March 28, 2009, 08:39:08 PM »

This is Chili.  I call him Chill Bone most times.  A rottweiler/retriever cross.
I needed one more thing for dinner.  So, Ray and our daughter came
home with him too.  That was 10 years ago.  He is loyal and very
intelligent.  Some words we've got to spell out!

I totally understand having to spell certain words.  With my Greyhound we have to spell "milk" or he goes crazy!  He loves milk!  It's his bedtime treat and every night about 8:30 p.m. he'll come find me and just stick to me like glue and literally try to herd me into the kitchen when I get up.  He also knows the sound of the top being taken off the milk jug and he'll come running from where ever he is in the house, even if the milk isn't for him.  I love dogs!

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #1492 on: March 29, 2009, 07:40:16 AM »

everytime we use the ice maker Slugger runs in for a piece -
she captures it
kimcanada
Elite Member

« Reply #1493 on: March 29, 2009, 09:21:03 AM »

Buster loves Ice Cubes, (I still don't know what sweet tea is)

http://www.kimhoben.com
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1494 on: March 29, 2009, 10:50:14 AM »

sweet tea is iced tea with sugar added.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1495 on: March 29, 2009, 12:15:00 PM »

Oh boy...Dougal would try the patience of a saint!... So much for total rest.... Whenever we let him into the garden to 'go', he TEARS up and down, up and down!... No point in trying to stop him... Makes hin worse!... Though to be fair, he's easier to cage rest than I thought he'd be... So long as there's one of us in the room with him... When we aren't, he voices his displeasure... LOUDLY!!!.. :rofl;

So it's not just Dougal who has a weakness for tea, then???... He LOVES tea... But it has to be with milk, and no sugar, and it HAS to be hot... Not cold, not warm, but HOT!... Still could be worse... He could like vintage champagne... It being tea makes him a cheap date!...

And yes, we have to spell words such as 'piggy', 'fish', and 'tea'... What are we like???... And Dougal loves ice too... Sits beside the fridge when he sees me near it...  Prefers his ice crushed rather than cubed, but he'll take it either way!...

Who says we spoil our pets!!!!!.... ;D

Love...

Dart...

paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #1496 on: March 29, 2009, 07:53:18 PM »

sweet tea is iced tea with sugar added.

Lots of sugar.

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1497 on: March 29, 2009, 11:45:54 PM »

hmm I like hot tea with milk and no sugar... but if you expect me to share with Dougal and drink it out of his bowl I won't be impressed!!!  :rofl;

I also like Dom 1995 :)

Wenchie58
Elite Member

Always carrying the big silly grin!

« Reply #1498 on: March 30, 2009, 12:35:53 AM »

Spoiled?  Animals?  Just because I cooked a steak for my boxer today doesn't mean he is spoiled....does it?
 :rofl;

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says "Oh s**t, she's awake!"

Right nephrectomy 1963
Diagnosed ESRD 2007
"Listed" summer 2007
Transplant 3/6 match  10/24/08
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1499 on: March 30, 2009, 05:49:42 AM »

hmm I like hot tea with milk and no sugar... but if you expect me to share with Dougal and drink it out of his bowl I won't be impressed!!!  :rofl;

I also like Dom 1995 :)

Believe me Richard... Dougal would be even less impressed!!!...  :rofl;... The only male mug allowed in his dish is HIS!!!... :rofl;

Spoiled?  Animals?  Just because I cooked a steak for my boxer today doesn't mean he is spoiled....does it?
 :rofl;

Of course not, Wenchie... *Says she, stirring Dougal's pasta bolognese, and slicing his dessert apple*...  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

Love to all...

Darth.....

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »