I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 01:25:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413273 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1700 on: March 17, 2010, 01:36:56 PM »

Pretty Cat.

I made an appointment for Tia to get spayed on Monday.  Poor puppy.  She is going to be 9mos old.  I feel terrible.   :(

galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #1701 on: March 17, 2010, 03:45:50 PM »

:cuddle; to Celeste and Asian.

Galvo
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #1702 on: March 18, 2010, 08:29:52 AM »

Oh Celeste and Asian are so pretty.
I miss our cat Tiger, who you may remember disappeared a few months ago, he was a little heartbreaker, lover boy. Our younger daughter painted a portrait of him for her art class in high school and its 6 feet by 4 feet - sits on the landing at the top of the stairs, so I think of him everyday.  :'(
Rerun, did you post a photo of Tia?I must have missed it - would love to see one. Poor baby, hopefully the recovery is quick!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
JennyGiggle

« Reply #1703 on: March 18, 2010, 06:33:33 PM »

Aww RichardM you cat is sooooo cute!!!!!! I tried taking pics of my two cats but they are both jet black and you can only really make out their shape, plus they never sit still! I swear they think they are dogs.

Jenny
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #1704 on: April 02, 2010, 04:14:01 AM »

Here is an updated picture of my Chi, Barney aka "little mutt"

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1705 on: April 02, 2010, 05:23:22 AM »

I took Celeste to the dialysis unit today. I didn't have D, but it was Good Friday and it's a bit of a nothing day here so decided to spread some cheer with the "easter kitty" (no bunnies available). The girls loved to see Celeste and enjoyed patting her. She was a bit bemused by the attention but it was fun to go in and NOT get hooked up!!  :rofl;

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #1706 on: April 08, 2010, 03:47:15 PM »

Well, Dougal's finally going something to earn his Dog Biscuits.....

As most of you know, I'm caring alone for my Mum, Elsie alone...

The Irish Carers Assocation are giving us great support, including a promise to provide Home Respite help for Mum while I'm in hospital.....

Anyway, Dougal's taking part in the National Dog Walk to raise funds for the charity.... Here he is....

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/carolyn_akintolas_event/

Of course, I don't expect anybody to donate (would love it people could, but I'm fully aware that everybody's struggling at the moment), but I'd really appreciate it if IHDers would wish us luck!... Knowing my luck, the biggest ever dog fight will break out with skin and fur flying in all directions!!!..... Thankfully Dougal LOVES other dogs... At least I know that HE won't be starting the scrap!.....

By the way Mods.... If I've put this in the wrong spot, please feel free to move it!.... Just wanted to share Dougal's efforts with other pet lovers... Thanks....

I am posting photos of Dougal and a note from Darth:

"Here's His Lordship just before leaving for the walk."

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #1707 on: April 08, 2010, 04:40:32 PM »

What an important little fella!!

Galvo
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1708 on: April 12, 2010, 03:09:27 PM »

Thanks Karol......

I'm a total technaphobe!....

FANTASTIC day for the walk, thank God!..... The sun shone on us.... Just as I was getting into the Minibus to come home, the heavens opened, and it poured rain, but the gods took care of us during the walk....

It was TOTAL mayhem!!!!!.... About a hundred dogs... No fights though!.... Surprisingly.... I fully expected there to be skin and fur flying!....

The organisers did a fantastic job.... They had a vet in case a pooch was in need... The Order Of Malta Ambulance Corp covered the route in case the humans were in need... The local gardai (Irish Police) stopped traffic every time we had to cross roads (Fantastic idea.... Can you imaging the chaos of about a hundred people and pooches trying to cross roads at the same time!)... And every hundred yards or so on the route, they had laid out huge bowls of water for the hounds...

Dougal had a great time.... Lots of humans, young and old falling in love with him and feeding him treats... He didn't even eat his dinner.... And he got a goody bag of dog biccies for taking part!....

Little horror disgraced me, though..... Stuck his nose into the pocket of a young Garda (Irish Police Officer), and stole his packet of popcorn.... Little thief.... Wonder if they make Paw Cuffs!.....

Thank you everyone for your emotional and financial support for us in raising funds for, and awareness of this very worthy cause!...

God bless you all...

Love...

Darth....
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 03:11:19 PM by Darthvadar » Logged

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #1709 on: April 12, 2010, 06:58:59 PM »

I was supposed to take Tia to get spayed today (again, remember her liver enzymes were high last time) and she went into heat yesterday so we have to wait again.

I have never had a dog in heat before.  It is gross!  I finally had to put her t-shirt on and then pin the diaper thing on her.  She hates it and I don't blame her but she is not going to spot all over my house and furniture!

I left for a few hours and she got the whole outfit off and tore up the diaper!

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1710 on: April 12, 2010, 09:22:10 PM »

:rofl; :rofl;  Darth about the popcorn theft

Rerun, when I was a kidwe had a boxer that went into heat. That as you have also said is gross. Diapers did not work so she stayed in the garage or in the yard when we were out and came home from school. Same thing happens with those puppy pads. Those never do what they are there for, more of a play toy for less than 10 minutes for pups!

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
melobelle

Melody "melobelle" Murphy

« Reply #1711 on: April 19, 2010, 06:52:46 AM »

I have 7 cats! (yes seven) we went from having two Siamese brothers that we adopted and were spoiled from day one. Then I was teaching and found a littler of 3 week old kittens. They were in poor shape...nursed all back to health and found all great homes. But my students, knowing how much I loved my cats, kept bringing me abandoned cats and kittens. Anyway, the madness has stopped. I have my seven rescues. Believe it or not 6 out of 7 are boys. ALL of my cats love each other and our one dog, a pitbull mix. (he knows the cats RULE) We are one happy family!
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1712 on: April 19, 2010, 02:30:31 PM »

Well Folks....

Dougal has done it!!!!!.... He has exceeded his fundraising target for the Dog Walk!.... With some money still to come in, he has done us proud!....  €341 at today's exchange rate is around US $458...

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/carolyn_akintolas_event

Thank you very much to everyone who donated, and gave of their best wishes.... You are all stars!....

Love...

Darth....

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1713 on: April 19, 2010, 05:39:20 PM »

Wow 7 cats and a dog Melody? Your house must be mad at times!!

Took my little girl to the vet on Saturday for her yearly check-up and cat flu injections etc. Vet listened to her heart and declared that her heart rate was too high(even accounting for a freaked out cat in the surgery environment) and this could be due to a thyroid issue. He then went on to say "This could lead to kidney failure. Do you know what that means?" uh......

They took blood and are testing it and promised results in "a day or two" well this is the second day and no call. I am worried she has something serious :(

27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

SkyDancer

« Reply #1714 on: April 19, 2010, 05:58:49 PM »

I hope everything turns out ok for your furbaby RichardMel.

I know if something happened to one of my pets I'd be heartbroken.( We have two female cats,and 1 11 month old puppy ).
Our oldest cat is 2 1/2 years old and came to us as a feral kitten,she's now totally blind.She actually went blind about the time our 14 year old dog died.
The second cat is 1 1/2 years old and we brought her home a few days after our dog died to help us cope with his loss.
The puppy came from a desire to have another dog in our lives.( We're not sure exactly what he is,he went from a 5 pound pup to a 50 pound dog in 10 months ).
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #1715 on: April 19, 2010, 09:03:13 PM »

RichardMel I hope you get good news very soon.  Keep us posted.

:pray;

galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #1716 on: April 19, 2010, 10:06:40 PM »

I hope the news is good , Richard.

Melody! 7! I have 3 and that keeps me on my toes.

Galvo
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1717 on: April 20, 2010, 08:43:33 AM »

7 is a cat-centric household, indeed!  The most I ever had was 5 at a time, and I won't do that again.  I kept waking up in a scrunched up knot, with less than 6 inches of my king sized bed allotted for my own space!

Sending good thoughts to Celeste.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1718 on: April 21, 2010, 12:15:50 AM »

Well here's an update. They said it would be 1-2 days, heard nothing after 3 so called just before. Yeah well it seems she has some indications of a possible kidney problem (*sigh*) in her blood, so I'm taking her in for them to get some urine out of her tomorrow to test.

She's such a dear little friend to me I don't want her to suffer.. if they confirm real kidney problems I am not sure what I will do.

Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1719 on: April 21, 2010, 12:39:37 AM »

Hi Richard.....

I'm so sorry to hear about your pawed person's troubles....

I'll be thinking of, and praying for you and Celeste!...

Hope it all works out....

God bless...

Darth....

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1720 on: April 22, 2010, 07:27:16 PM »

Here's an update on Celeste.

I took her back to the vet yesterday to get a urine sample tested (surprisingly when I gave her a cup she wouldn't pee into it!  :rofl;). Anyway when i picked her up last night they told me that her urine was totally normal and as far as they were concerned there's nothing to worry about.

What a relief!! I was worrying about it all afternoon while at D... though my nurses did quip that I should bring her in and they would dialyse her next to me.. which was kind of cute.. but scary too.  :rofl;

galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #1721 on: April 22, 2010, 09:37:50 PM »

That is such good news!

Galvo
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1722 on: April 23, 2010, 08:09:09 AM »

Great news, Richard!...

Our pawed people are SUCH a worry when they're off colour...

Darth...

aharris2
Elite Member

Volcan Pacaya, Guatemala

« Reply #1723 on: April 23, 2010, 05:27:28 PM »

7 is a cat-centric household, indeed!  The most I ever had was 5 at a time, and I won't do that again.  I kept waking up in a scrunched up knot, with less than 6 inches of my king sized bed allotted for my own space!

So true! It is amazing how much space these little creatures need to sleep comfortably.

Richard, I am happy to hear that all the tests were negative and your Celeste is okay.

Life is like a box of chocolates...the more you eat the messier it gets - Epofriend

Epofriend - April 7, 1963 - May 24, 2013
My dear Rolando, I miss you so much!
Rest in peace my dear brother...
Lisa

« Reply #1724 on: April 23, 2010, 09:15:02 PM »

Three of them and one of me in a twin bed!!!   Can't wait to get the cycler lol!!

Lisa
born 1966 with PKD
ESRD 1987
PD started 1987
1st hemo 1989 (permacaths, grafts and fistulas)
1st Transplant 1990
Transplant failed 1994
Hemo 1994 (permacaths, grafts and fistulas)
2nd Transplant 1995
Hemo 2010 (permacath hopefully merging into PD)
PD training 3/16/10
CAPD...the CCPD until present
...waiting to go on "the list"
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »