I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 08:41:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  "Hell's Kitchen"
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Hell's Kitchen"  (Read 9636 times)
George Jung

« on: June 11, 2007, 06:04:28 PM »

There is a guy on the show, "Hell's Kitchen" that has a kidney disease from childhood. 
Personally I dislike the show but I am interested about Eddie (his name, obviously).  If you guys watch this or know anything about him, I am wanting to get the skinny on this guy. 

side note - there is an episode coming on right now, 9pm EST

what do you guys think?
st789

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 06:14:31 PM »

I saw several promotions last year on the show.  The main chief is a nut dude.  He creams and curses at his subordinates.  He is too much.  He needs to mellow down.

Is the show still on Fox channel on the West Coast?  What is the name of the guy with kidney disease?  It looks like a very stressful work environment for him. 

Is there such jobs as stress free?  Probably not.
George Jung

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 06:15:59 PM »

I am interested about Eddie (his name, obviously). 
st789

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 06:30:30 PM »

As I stated I saw the promos last year but I have not saw one single episode yet!
George Jung

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 06:35:55 PM »

What is the name of the guy with kidney disease? 

That is what I was responding to.  You asked what his name is, but it was in the post.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 06:58:11 PM »

The Chef is Gordon Ramsey, Eddie was a contestant I think?
"Then comes Eddie, the self described chiwawa in a bulldog's body who's growth was stunted due to kidney disease."
 more info: http://realitytvcalendar.com/shows/hk3/recaps/ep01-8928-p1.html
and here http://realitytv.about.com/od/hellskitchen2/ig/Hell-s-Kitchen-3-Contestants/Eddie.htm
http://www.foxreality.com/news.php?id=30235&type=news

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
George Jung

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 07:00:21 PM »

So much for that!  Eddie is out.  
Well that's real encouraging.  Nice message to send out, don't you think!
keefer51

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 07:49:09 PM »

George i watch the show. I was sad to see Eddie go they were crowding him and he got nervous. When they brought up his size i was surprised. I cooked for years in a restaurent and have met a few chefs like the one on the show. I have also met a couple of people with Eddies disease. I asked the nurses tonight but no on knew what it was. I would like to know why the Asian guy is still there.

i am a 51 year old male on dialysis for 3 years now. This is my second time. My brother donated a kidney to me about 13 years ago. I found this site on another site. I had to laugh when i saw what it was called. I hope to meet people from all over to talk about dialysis.
George Jung

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 08:02:27 PM »

That "chef" is all about t.v. ratings.  I have worked for/with a couple of chefs with personalities that Ramsey's is based on but he is extreme.  I have known of chefs yelling and occasionally even throwing things, and ones that throw away your hard work.  Those are realities even if not very common.  Eddie was recognized for having a good palate and in my opinion that quality alone was enough to keep him for at least a little while.  Rock, I think his name is, defiantly should have voted for the retirement home chef to go home.  He was pathetic!  That was absolutely the last episode I will watch.
st789

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 11:14:21 PM »

My bad George.  I missed out on reading his name (Eddie).
George Jung

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 11:18:53 PM »

No worries my friend. 8)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 03:20:43 AM »

Gordon Ramsey is english and has done a lot of cookery programmes over here. He is like that all the time , swearing , shouting and blowing a fuse ! He is heading for a heart attack soon if he doesnt chill! He is one of our top chefs .

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
George Jung

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 09:28:34 AM »

I think Gordon Ramsey is an ASS and I don't have any respect for him as a chef regardless of how good he might be.  Who wants to watch some guy fly off the handle all of the time?  As a professional cook myself I think I know what I am talking about and I think he (excuse my simplicity) SUCKS!  Passion does not translate into being a prick.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 12:12:36 PM »

No but it translates into high profile , tv shows, and lots and lots of money!

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
st789

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2007, 02:51:19 PM »

Bottom line profit $$$$$.  Sucks.
tubes

Miss you so much Susie. Will always <3 you!

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 03:45:51 PM »

I watched both episodes last night.  I couldnt believe they didnt vote Aaron off.  He didnt do squat!  When the guys had to clean and skin all the fish, Aaron went and laid down for like 2 or 4 hrs...something like that.  He said he needed to lay down for 15 mins....hrs later.  The guy was always crying and putting himself down.  WTF, that would be someone I would vote off right away.  He's a big baby and he can't handle it. Aaron should be next to go, either him, Vinnie or Josh.  :twocents;
 I was very disappointed when they voted Eddie off.  That was complete and total BULL SHIT! ! ! He was actually trying, unlike Aaron. 

Eddie was recognized for having a good palate and in my opinion that quality alone was enough to keep him for at least a little while.

I remember that part.  It was after they made their signature dishes.  Eddie undercooked his, uh, I forget, but Josh made the same thing.  Ramsey called Josh up and had Josh tasted Eddies and Eddie tasted Josh.  Eddie said the vanilla cream or whatever it was Joshed used ruined it for him.  Thats when Gordon said Eddie had a sophisticated palate.
Sorry for so much detail, but I really like the show and have watched the past 2 seasons. I hate Ramsey but the show intrigues me.  I like it when someone has the "balls" to talk back to Ramsey.  Scares the crap outa me cuz you don't know what he is going to do to that person. :urcrazy;

I'm with Bonnie, "The guy makes me want to pee my pants".  LOL

"To be happy is the choice I wish to make in spite of the circumstances that are strewn in my path."

1996 - started incenter hemo
a few months later, started PD
2005 - started incenter hemo
AGAIN
  - on transplant list as of August 7, 2009.
2011/June - 15 years on "D"
Transplant - Tuesday October 18th 2011
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »

I like the show and try not to miss it. Hubby cannot stand it! 

I think Gordon Ramsey is an absolute hoot. He wants things done right and wants them right the first time they come out!  Damn! I wish veryone did that!  Can you imagine me talking to my sixth graders like he does?  No, that is not right, do it again!  Oh my!

He lives in his own world, I guess.

Eddie had problems with the risotto dishes he cooked. They had too much pepper in them. He also allowed other people to interfere with his area:Helping him.  Hah!  Screwing him more like it.  He needed to go.  Kidney disease had nothing to do with the way he cooked. It was a minor detail in his life.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007, 07:13:38 PM »

When Aaron was deboning the fish at the tables, he was sweating like a pig. All I could think about was his sweat dripping onto the fish!   

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
George Jung

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2007, 08:02:26 PM »

Kidney disease had EVERYTHING to do with him being voted off.  Didn't they remark about his "size"?  He was too small and didn't speak up loud enough if I'm not mistaken.  So his risotto wasn't up to standards.......Aaron wasn't even working.  If someone leaves the kitchen on the first day they might as well not return.  What a load of crap!
st789

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2007, 08:11:02 PM »

Size, Self-esteem, confident, and didn't speak up.

May be Eddie is good chief but could not handle the pressure and stress on T.V.
keefer51

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2007, 08:12:50 PM »

I think i would rather watch the galloping gourmet!

i am a 51 year old male on dialysis for 3 years now. This is my second time. My brother donated a kidney to me about 13 years ago. I found this site on another site. I had to laugh when i saw what it was called. I hope to meet people from all over to talk about dialysis.
tubes

Miss you so much Susie. Will always <3 you!

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 08:50:29 PM »

aaron couldnt handle the stress, he was freaking crying everytime they showed his face.  Damn! ! !
At least eddie tried.  aaron is a useless load. he should've been voted off.

:rant;

"To be happy is the choice I wish to make in spite of the circumstances that are strewn in my path."

1996 - started incenter hemo
a few months later, started PD
2005 - started incenter hemo
AGAIN
  - on transplant list as of August 7, 2009.
2011/June - 15 years on "D"
Transplant - Tuesday October 18th 2011
st789

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 09:24:57 PM »

Could it be that Eddie's chronic condtion; therefore, they discriminated him.  ADA.
jonn r

my little girl maiah

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 06:26:48 AM »

now as a chef......i will tell you this.....the show rocks....i love watching it....if he was to yell at me i would laugh so hard.....keep it comming
George Jung

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 01:02:44 PM »

You are a chef John?  Where did/do you work?  How were you trained?  What do you cook?  Restaurants are a passion of mine so I am curious as to what we have in common.  Take care - George
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »