I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 09:28:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I got a hernia!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I got a hernia!!  (Read 2715 times)
Bette

« on: May 22, 2007, 03:42:14 PM »

I am sooo pissed.   I am on CAPD and my doc raised the fill volume on my cycler so that I would get better dialysis.  I am a small person and I think that she raised it a bit too much.  I felt a pop and then I had this bulge on my stomach.  It feels like its burning but it really doesn't hurt.  I am going in to see the doc tomorrow, but I know that they will put me back on hemo and schedule me for surgery. 

I had just started to feel almost normal again.  My life has become such a rollercoaster.  Please pray for me.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 03:57:36 PM »

Aww Bette, i am so sorry this is happening to you, I hope they resolve this problem fast and get you back on the CAPD,  is there anyway they can add another dwell instead of increasing your fill volume?  When i took my test a couple of months ago, my test failed, they wanted to add another manual dwell, and i refused to do it, i felt fine, we waited for 2 months, i took the test again and thank God it passed.   :2thumbsup;  You will definetly be in my prayers my friend  :cuddle;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
LightLizard

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 04:05:49 PM »

That sucks! I had an umbilical hernia, too, when I was all filled up with fluid, before I was diagnosed.
When I went into surgery to get my belly tube inserted, the surgeon killed 3 birds with one stone and repaired my hernia at the same time, and also, he put a fistula in my right wrist, for hemo back-up.
I had the chest catheter in during all that, so for awhile I felt like Darth Vader, with all the tubes and doodads I was carrying. :D

Oh yeah, while in recovery, just after the surgeries, for some reason I started bleeding from my belly. Luckily, the nurse noticed it and called the surgeon to stitch me up. He did, but after he started he realised that my sedative had worn off and his sewing job was causing me considerable pain.
The nurse came through again with some morphine.

But don't worry, if you're just getting one procedure done at a time, an umbilical hernia is not hard to repair, at all. Does leave an interesting scar, though.

love

~LL~
George Jung

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 04:24:35 PM »

LL, what do you mean an interesting scar?
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 07:01:54 PM »

Dang it Bette, I hope the best for you.  :grouphug;
LightLizard

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 07:23:18 PM »

LL, what do you mean an interesting scar?

well, my scar looks like a small railroad track across my belly and to my belly-button.

if i ever get the nerve to show my belly in public again, i can tell people i was in a knife fight,
or that i tried hari-kari and didn't like it.
 ;)
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 07:32:53 PM »

I had a hernia repaired,I got it when I got my tubes tied-- recovery went swiftly- and I have a weird scar too-it goes around my belly button like a 'C' with a tail lol-hope your recovery is easy. :bandance;

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
tweetykiss

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 09:34:59 PM »

I am not on dialysis but for last two days, I have hernia very bad and today my back hurts so much it is so hard just to sit and then stand up..........painful........I cannot sit here much longer now........bending is so hard too........

Husband started hemo dialysis on July 30, 2007
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »