I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 09:26:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Sometimes? A rant (Beware)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sometimes? A rant (Beware)  (Read 4175 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: January 06, 2007, 06:21:37 PM »

Sometimes do you all just want to stand up and scream? Let everything go and just holler all over someone? Is there anyone on this earth that can take the ire of a dialysis patient when they are on a roll?  I am so tired of being tired all the time. I feel bad, then Kaiser goes and makes me feel worse with a test and x-ray. Geez thanks guys can't you see I already feel horrid.  Then there is the "I do not want to get up and go to work" sydrome in the mornings.  Once I am up and moving I am usually okay, but I feel tired all the time and just want to stay in the warm bed. I just feel like whining tonight. I feel a little fed up with everything and just aggravated, even though things are actually going pretty good.  So I have whined at you all and feel a little better.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 06:37:56 PM »

I feel like ranting tonight too.
My toe infection has improved but tonight my heel is red and hurting
on the same foot and I am really worried that my heel now has an infection
in it.  I am like please no Dear God I have been in pain since Sept.
and please don't make me have to deal with this.  I know it sounds small
compared to some things but it's not.  I can handle dialysis but all these
other things that keep coming at me is hard.

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 06:39:46 PM »

What better place to vent than IHD, we are here to listen Kit,  and i am glad you are now feeling a little better now that you've got it off your chest ;)

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
jedimaster

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 07:52:31 PM »

I feel like that only on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays....oh, yes...and sometimes on Sundays!....I feel your pain!
pigsty1953

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 09:35:41 PM »

I feel like ranting tonight too.
My toe infection has improved but tonight my heel is red and hurting
on the same foot and I am really worried that my heel now has an infection
in it. I am like please no Dear God I have been in pain since Sept.
and please don't make me have to deal with this. I know it sounds small
compared to some things but it's not. I can handle dialysis but all these
other things that keep coming at me is hard.

Are you a diabetic?  If you are, I am sure you know you have to stay on top of these things.  I didn't and they took away my right leg below the knee.  Considering the agony I was in before they took it, I am much better off.  But I would still prefer not to have had it taken away.  Please don't let anything go.  Good luck.  :) :) :) :clap; :clap; :clap;

EDITED: Fixed Quote Tag Error - Sluff, Moderator
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 09:51:44 PM by sluff » Logged
boxman55
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 07:34:35 AM »

Kitkatz rant away. Are you from California you mentioned Kaiser I am thinking about moving back to Sacramento  trying to collect info on the best clinics any help would be appreciated

"Be the change you wished to be"
Started Hemodialysis 8/14/06
Lost lower right leg 5/16/08 due to Diabetes
Sister was denied donation to me for medical reasons 1/2008
nextnoel

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 10:59:09 AM »

Sometimes yelling can be therapeutic.  I used to have a very high pressure job (which I loved, by the way), and at the end of some days, I would roll up the car windows and yell as loudly as I could while I drove home.  I could judge how stressful the day had been by how close to home I got before I felt like quitting the yelling.  Cheaper than therapy, and quicker, too!

I can't reach the hill like I used to, but I'm not at a standstill yet!
mallory

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 11:53:26 AM »

You bet I feel like yelling some days.  Do you ever find that you get REALLY mad at someone who didn't necessarily deserve it because you have all this pent up anger and it justs gets pointed at that person?  If I'm having a bad day and someone cuts in front of me on the freeway, I feel like I'm going to lose it.  I rant and rave like a mad woman.  By the time I finish, I usually barely remember what the person did to get me started. 

And, Ohio Buckeye, I hear you, too.  Last week both of my feet hurt.  I told my sister, "I can take the dialysis and all of that, but WHY do I have to get all of this other stuff that doesn't even have anything to do with dialysis?!" 

Kitkatz and Ohio Buckeye, I hope you're both feeling better, but if you're not, rant away, we're here to listen!

Sometimes the light’s all shinin’ on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it’s been.
                                  - Jerry Garcia
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 01:48:20 PM »

I think i lost it already, most times i just dont give a shit!!!  like Booger told Tom Cruise in Risky Business, "sometimes you gotta learn to say what the p*ck"  :P

(sorry for the bad language)  ::)

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 03:22:14 PM »

I think i lost it already, most times i just dont give a shit!!!  like Booger told Tom Cruise in Risky Business, "sometimes you gotta learn to say what the p*ck"  :P

(sorry for the bad language)  ::)
What bad?

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 04:21:57 PM »

Santa left a punching bag at our house this Christmas.  It wasn't supposed to be for me, but I have been using anyhow.  Funny, I've never been a violent person, but kicking and punching the stuffing out of this Wavemaster thing is a lot more refreshing than I expected!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 05:15:22 PM »

Santa left a punching bag at our house this Christmas.  It wasn't supposed to be for me, but I have been using anyhow.  Funny, I've never been a violent person, but kicking and punching the stuffing out of this Wavemaster thing is a lot more refreshing than I expected!

The safe way to get your stress out. ;)
nextnoel

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 06:46:15 AM »

Ha!  Jbeanny, you've got the right idea!  When my daughter was in kindergarten, they had a small playroom that they put a punching bag in, hung way down low for the little kids to use.  When they'd have trouble breaking up fights on the playground or something, they'd take the child into the playroom and let him/her pound away at that punching bag.  They all loved it, teachers and kids alike, and after awhile, the kids would sort of "self medicate" with the thing, and go in there when they felt like it; the benefit was quite apparent.

I can't reach the hill like I used to, but I'm not at a standstill yet!
scyankee

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 10:54:31 PM »

Ohio Buckeye,
  Make sure you don't have gout!! Check your uric acid levels.

Kit,
  I SCREAM everytime I leave dialysis in the car riding home. If I didn't I think
I would be insane by now dealing with those people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you
feel better.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »