I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:24:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  The latest thing...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The latest thing...  (Read 2034 times)
Sara
Elite Member

« on: January 02, 2007, 03:29:05 PM »

Drumroll please...............

A hernia.  Who would have thought?  He's been really sick the past few days (sinus infection) and we finally went to primary doctor today.  While we were there, I asked the doc to palpate his abdomen, because I felt something weird.  It's been there a while.  Just thought it wouldn't hurt for the doctor to feel it.  Yeah, so, it's a hernia.  Luckily, he says it's no big deal, he wouldn't even do anything about it, that as Joe loses weight it will help it.  That's good at least.  I guess it's a good thing we didn't opt to go with PD over hemo. 

Just one more thing to add to the list.  -sigh-

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 03:48:57 PM »

Drumroll please...............

A hernia.  Who would have thought?  He's been really sick the past few days (sinus infection) and we finally went to primary doctor today.  While we were there, I asked the doc to palpate his abdomen, because I felt something weird.  It's been there a while.  Just thought it wouldn't hurt for the doctor to feel it.  Yeah, so, it's a hernia.  Luckily, he says it's no big deal, he wouldn't even do anything about it, that as Joe loses weight it will help it.  That's good at least.  I guess it's a good thing we didn't opt to go with PD over hemo. 

Just one more thing to add to the list.  -sigh-

Sara and Joe, IHD Super Heroes 2007.

Hope it gets better Joe.
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 08:31:41 PM »

Awww, sorry to hear that hun. A few months ago I asked my neph to feel my stomache area because there was something there that was hurting me and it felt like a ball. She felt it and told me I had a hernia. They told me they didn't wanna do nothing with it unless needed b/c I am on PD and b/c I am on the transplant list so they want as little scar tissue in my stomache area as possible for my next transplant. So they told me just to let them know if it got bigger or hurt worse or anything, and when i finally get the call for a transplant just let my surgeon know that they need to remove the hernia while they are in there. The pain went away after a few weeks and I dont notice its there anymore, but Ill still inform the surgeon whenever I finally get my call.

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »