I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 12:18:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  How many pills????
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How many pills????  (Read 3296 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: December 03, 2006, 01:07:59 AM »

I am currently taking 14 pills in the morning to control various things, then I add 3 tums at every meal and 1 tum with snacks.  How many does everyone else take? And does this get worse after transplant?

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 05:47:15 AM »

« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 05:49:09 AM by sluff » Logged
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 07:31:52 AM »

4 every morning.  7 every night. Tylenol most days, or darvocet when I need it for the nerve damage and kidney pain.  2 phoslo with each meal and snack.  Reglan with each big meal, or anything with lots of fiber.  Insulin with every meal and snack, too.  A different insulin before bed.  And Aranesp every other week, sub-cu. 

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

vandie

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 09:09:08 AM »

Pretransplant, I take 10 different meds daily, phoslo with every meal.  That doesn't include the pain meds for headaches or anxiety medication if needed.

Life is the journey, not the destination.

i am awesome.

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 12:16:33 PM »

Let me start by saying when I was 14, I was taking 21 different pills a day for almost 2 years. (I wasn't on dialysis yet.) That sucked, 5 of them were blood pressure pills alone.

When I had my first transplant, at the begining I was on a lot of medicines for preventing rejection, pain meds, fungal meds and such. No blood pressure meds though. YAY. Those doses all were lowered and most eventually stopped, so by the time I was 3 years post-transplant I was only on a few medicines daily and they were immunosuppressive drugs.

So, to the present time. I take 6 pills in the morning, 2 in the afternoon, 7 at night, so that's 15 pills. Plus 5 Renegal every meal.... so, what's that.... 15 if I have 3 meals a day... plus the 15 I take already for various things... 30 pills? Ok, I feel full now.

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Fox_nc

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 03:06:33 PM »

9 - I am still on my transplant meds - when I first when on dialysis it was at 14 a day, but it's come down some as I get the hang of it.

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue. It rather denotes a lack of courage. -- from the movie Practical Magic
Nan

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 10:14:19 PM »

4 in the morning and 6 in the evening and phoslo with every meal and snack.

No matter how your heart is grieving....as long as you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true!
Diagnosed with PKD in 1994
Started HEMO dialysis June 2006
Started Home Dialysis on cycler February 2007
Had Live donor transplant February 2008
tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 12:38:06 AM »

When I was originally diagnosed with TTP (this casued my kidney problem) was on 30 tablets a day (No Dialysis)

Now on Nocturnal and on about 9 tablets a day.

Link to TTP explanation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrombotic_thrombocytopenic_purpura)

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
MattyBoy100

What's dialysis?

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 01:26:29 AM »

I take 12 first thing in the morning then I take 3 renegel and 2 Phosex with every meal so that's 22 a day and it can go up to 30 if I am taking paracetamol for any aches or pains I have i.e the ligaments in my feet.

SCOTLAND NO.1
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 05:46:40 AM »

For me I don't even take everything I'm supposed to.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »