I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 04:35:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Davita Bags...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Davita Bags...  (Read 7992 times)
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« on: November 05, 2006, 04:13:35 PM »

For those of you that are Davita patients.. Did you get your Davita bags?  I believe they have one especially for those on Hemo with a pillow and a blanket,  i got a bag for the PD patient and it had all kinds of cool stuff in it, i was surprised,  it contained...

Huge mirror (for checking on site)
hand sanitizer
kitchen timer (to time drains)
2007 weekly planner with a pen
a waterproof changing pad (for exchanges)
labels and twist ties (for traveling)
and of course the bag itself is great, good size,

i am sure i can think of other ways of them to spend their money but who am i? they will not listen to me  ::)

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 08:27:25 PM »

Goofynina, we will just have to get one of those for Epoman for Christmas.  Teehee! >:D

All I have ever gotten is a small blanket and an empty bag from any unit.  Sounds like you hit the jackpot!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 08:29:59 PM »

The only thing I remember getting was suggestions on "depression" books.  No cool stuff.

Fox_nc

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 02:39:12 PM »

Jackpot!  When I started hemo all I got was a set of headphones for the TV (which I was really happy with)  But I'll start PD soon and rumor around town is that it comes with some cool stuff for home - I'll let you know.

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue. It rather denotes a lack of courage. -- from the movie Practical Magic
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 06:26:18 PM »

I haven't gotten any bag of anything.
but that's ok..............

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 08:45:50 PM »

I am sure we could send you a bag (maybe a truckload) of BS if we really wanted to.... :2thumbsup;

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Fox_nc

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 05:43:45 PM »

Got my first PD present today!  I went in for my first flush and they gave me a belt :-)  I was tickled  :yahoo;

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue. It rather denotes a lack of courage. -- from the movie Practical Magic
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 01:44:13 PM »

It was decided by the managers that this year the patients will get am/fm radios (Walkmans with no tape or cd deck) with headphones.  I saw the price and they cost about $3.00.  Those blankets with the company name are about $6.00, and the tote bags with the company name are about $5.50.  We gave the totes last year and the blankets the year before last.

It's not easy being green.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 06:25:18 PM »

Well, I hope it works?!  I really don't want any gifts from them.  But, I guess they are trying to be nice.  It is probably more than other dialysis companies do.  Like Fresenius or Renal Care.

JerseyGirl

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 06:28:48 PM »

Fresenius is pretty cheap with patient presents - very very cheap I may add! :-[
Fox_nc

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 07:56:34 PM »

Fresenius gave me my nifty belt - I was going to have to shell out $20 for one . . .But we'll see what comes when I start my at-home - the belt may be the only thing I get :-)

mcjane

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 08:38:29 PM »

Davita gave my husband a little bag of "purple Iron pills" what the heck. Turned out they were M&M's. Boy was that exciting.

When he started they gave him two thin dark blue blankets. My dog sleeps on one,  she likes it.
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 10:09:48 AM »

Davita gave my husband a little bag of "purple Iron pills" what the heck. Turned out they were M&M's. Boy was that exciting.

When he started they gave him two thin dark blue blankets. My dog sleeps on one,  she likes it.

Are these gifts you all got when first starting dialysis? Or Xmas gifts? I haven't gotten anything from Fresenius, yet anyways..  don't recall getting anything last xmas either... I used to get stuff from the center when i was on hemo... but nothing since being on PD...  oh well  ;D

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 03:59:34 PM »

We used to get a pair of knitted slippers and a small quilted blanket at Christmas.  Over the last two years that stopped and the unit gave us a large bag with their name on it.  Then a blanket that came with a carrier with their name on it.   At the rate they keep the place COLD, they should give us down comforters!   And of course everyone knows Epoman wants a Davita bag. LOL

lifenotonthelist.com

Fox_nc

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 05:33:09 PM »

Mine had nothing to do with Christmas, it had everything to do with tape ripping my skin off every chance it gets.  They wanted to protect my belly so that it has some skin left on it, unlike my chest  :(

angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 07:00:18 PM »

Mine had nothing to do with Christmas, it had everything to do with tape ripping my skin off every chance it gets.  They wanted to protect my belly so that it has some skin left on it, unlike my chest  :(

Did you ask them or your docor for it? I have asked many times and I get toldto go buy one, I dont got the money right now, but hopefully soon. I can't use any kind of tape anymore on my tummy as it is already all messed up from the tape ripping it off. :(

Fox_nc

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 08:04:59 PM »

My PD nurse had one "hidden" in her desk ... if you are in good with any of your nurses, they may be the best ones to ask.

JerseyGirl

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2006, 04:28:22 PM »

Regarding the PD belt it is in the patient catalog - meaning home training nurses from FMC such as myself are able to order them for patients and the clinic isn't billed - it is billed to the patient's insurance. It shouldn't be a big deal, nor a secret.  I get it for them routinely -they come three to a pack so you can wash them.  S,M.L.Exlg.  Patients love them, and they NEED to have them to secure the cath.  The belt has this cool little pouch for the tip of the catheter to keep the tip safe and clean.  I order them automatically. It should be no brainer. Constant use of tape can and will tear the skin apart.   I am actually quite surprised this is an issue. They also offer these cute items with tape and little velcro holders on them called PD Immobilizers -come 50 to a box.  Some patients prefer these over use of the belt.  Purely patient preference.  Whatever works best for them.  Shouldn't have to be Christmas for goodness sake to get these!
Fox_nc

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006, 04:42:53 PM »

Good to know JerseryGirl!  I will ask them on my next visit to order me somemore.

angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2006, 07:38:26 PM »

I have asked my PD nurse and neph, and I get told go order them online, there only about 20.00. I have to pay for them myself.  :-[

tubes

Miss you so much Susie. Will always <3 you!

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2006, 07:51:29 PM »

WTF ! ! !   i was on pd or 9 yrs and never heard of a pd belt.  ???  i would just let the damn thing hang, sometimes taped it up. 
maybe if i had one of those, it would of kept my very curious friends from trying to play with it all the time.   The pd cath, get ur minds outa the gutter.   :o sheesh....

TIP for ya......
Don't use duct tape to tape your pd cath in place. LOL  I did many times.   ::)  ::)

"To be happy is the choice I wish to make in spite of the circumstances that are strewn in my path."

1996 - started incenter hemo
a few months later, started PD
2005 - started incenter hemo
AGAIN
  - on transplant list as of August 7, 2009.
2011/June - 15 years on "D"
Transplant - Tuesday October 18th 2011
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »