I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:19:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  anyone else cold?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: anyone else cold?  (Read 21432 times)
mallory

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 01:51:42 PM »

I can hardly stand the cold, and it'd getting colder every day here in Utah.  I sit at my desk and shiver all day, it's freezing in my office.  So then I put on my coat and everyone thinks I'm going home.  My fingers are so cold and numb and the ends of my fingers turn all purplish (is that a word, purplish?). 

It's going to be a long winter!

Sometimes the light’s all shinin’ on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it’s been.
                                  - Jerry Garcia
RhondaQ

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2006, 04:17:27 PM »

Boy, can we ever relate to the "cold issue" around here.  My dad is always complaining that he's freezing and i'm going thru menopause, so sweating most of the time.  He'll turn the heat up to where our house is in the 80's all the time, then I turn it down...back and forth, back and forth.  He also wears a sweater every day and I've piled blankets on and he's still COLD!!  Any suggestions?  LOL?
Panda_9

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2006, 05:16:23 PM »

We need to swap countries, because this summer is going to be awful!
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2006, 06:11:08 AM »

Well, send some cold my way, please!   I am in the Caribbean where it is NEVER cold, and I love cold.  Even with the A/C in our unit, sometimes I still feel hot.  I am looking forward to December when it gets a bit cooler.
I think we all need to move to Bajanne's.

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
nkviking75

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2006, 06:23:07 AM »

Boy, can we ever relate to the "cold issue" around here.  My dad is always complaining that he's freezing and i'm going thru menopause, so sweating most of the time.  He'll turn the heat up to where our house is in the 80's all the time, then I turn it down...back and forth, back and forth.  He also wears a sweater every day and I've piled blankets on and he's still COLD!!  Any suggestions?  LOL?
Short of patricide, no. (kidding)
lakrimn

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2006, 06:39:50 AM »

If I'm cold at the unit I usually only have to wait a half hour then the a/c freezes up then we all start sweating together.(bliss/joy)

Lord Khayos has spoken!
pigsty1953

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2006, 03:12:16 PM »

Hi, everyone,
You really ought to try FL.
Everywhere is FREEZING cold with the AC's set to about 50.

The dialysis unit I go to is the same.  I have to bring a blanket to keep from freezing.

It was great when I was younger, I could handle very cold weather in a tee shirt
but not now.

Take care,
Randy in Clearwater, FL
mallory

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2006, 03:20:14 PM »

Randy, That's the weirdest thing.  I travel for business to Ft. Lauderdale and to Phoenix (from Utah).  I swear that the hotter the temperature is in a city, the colder they keep the air conditioning in the buildings.  I go to meetings at hotels or at our business and the rooms are about 50 degrees.  Then you step outside (especially in Phoenix in about July...) and it's 120.  It's awful!  I don't know how you stand it!  I'd have to dress in a lot of layers so I could put clothes on and take them off as I went in and out of the buildings.

Sometimes the light’s all shinin’ on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it’s been.
                                  - Jerry Garcia
Panda_9

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2006, 01:40:13 AM »

PLEEEEEEEEEEASE send some cold over here!!! OMG it was soo hot today, and its not even summer yet! I am dreading the temperatures that are to come. Any hotter than today and I will probably collapse. Spend half the day in bed and on the lounge. Just couldnt move. Looks like its time to get the swimmers out and hit the pool.....ALL DAY!!!
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2006, 02:21:45 AM »

PLEEEEEEEEEEASE send some cold over here!!! OMG it was soo hot today, and its not even summer yet! I am dreading the temperatures that are to come. Any hotter than today and I will probably collapse. Spend half the day in bed and on the lounge. Just couldnt move. Looks like its time to get the swimmers out and hit the pool.....ALL DAY!!!
Ah to live on the other side  :P It is just about winter here (feels like it but it is just fall) .. freezing temps are coming :( Just come here ;) lol

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
tubes

Miss you so much Susie. Will always <3 you!

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2006, 04:40:23 PM »

Ahhhhhhh! ! ! !
 Where has the cold gone.  It was like 80 today.  I'm glad I didn't wear my hoody to work.  bleh......heat......Its been so hot in my unit.  They've had to turn the a.c. back on.  For awhile it was the heat.  I'm back to wearing flip flops, shorts and tshirts to dialysis. 

JACK FROST WHERE ARE YOU !? !? !? 

"To be happy is the choice I wish to make in spite of the circumstances that are strewn in my path."

1996 - started incenter hemo
a few months later, started PD
2005 - started incenter hemo
AGAIN
  - on transplant list as of August 7, 2009.
2011/June - 15 years on "D"
Transplant - Tuesday October 18th 2011
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2006, 05:24:16 PM »

[/color]

Tubes,  Jack Frfrfrost is here with me and he is nipping at more than just my nose ;)  i am frfrfreeeeezing

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2006, 06:31:23 PM »

Yeah, he's been in Ohio too.
Has been so cold and soooooooo windy.
Supposed to be up to 60 next couple days and that
sounds wonderful.

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2006, 08:18:55 PM »

It has been 34°...60°F here.. Right now it is 43°F It has warmed up a bit! Yay!!  :2thumbsup;

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Panda_9

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2006, 01:54:54 AM »

Ahhhhhhh! ! ! !
 Where has the cold gone.  It was like 80 today.  I'm glad I didn't wear my hoody to work.  bleh......heat......Its been so hot in my unit.  They've had to turn the a.c. back on.  For awhile it was the heat.  I'm back to wearing flip flops, shorts and tshirts to dialysis. 

Are you kidding me!!! Dont complain about 80...come over here coz in summer it gets to 105 and beyond!!!
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2006, 03:28:42 AM »

here when it is summer it gets so unbearably humid :P I can handle the heat since the hottest it's ever been was 104°F (That was rare) but usually no higher than 96°F .. it is the humidity that I can't stand :P

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2006, 05:29:30 PM »

Cold inside, outside, under the covers, it doesn't matter, I'm always cold.  I know part of it is the anemia and the kidney failure, but part of it is just genetic.  My sister is the same way, and my mother used to crank up the woodstove until the house was 85 degrees.

I'm sitting in front of an electric ceramic heater right now, while I'm typing this.  I have one in the kitchen, the craft room, and the bathroom.  I'd get some for the bedroom and the living room, but I've got electric blankets for those rooms instead.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2006, 12:20:33 AM »

Ya I have my electric heater on right now too as today it actually SNOWED!!

The only problem is the other electric heater I had I can't use because it keeps blowing a fuse in this smaller apartment I was forced to move to 4 months ago :(

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Panda_9

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2006, 04:30:57 AM »

Thankfully it has been pleasant this week and it just started to rain, well sort of anyway. Knew I should of put the washing under the patio LOL
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2006, 04:49:19 AM »

I used to like the colder weather but for some reason I'm extremely cold especially my feet and hands. I have been using a heating pad on my feet all week. I don't know if it's my circulation or what, I have never shivered before as I do now. I'm turning into a wimp. :(
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2006, 07:05:37 AM »

Ya I have my electric heater on right now too as today it actually SNOWED!!

The only problem is the other electric heater I had I can't use because it keeps blowing a fuse in this smaller apartment I was forced to move to 4 months ago :(

Angie
Have you tried putting the other heater on a surge protector. It might just be blowing fuses because it over powers your electrical system.  This way when it shuts out you just have to push a button.   (I think this might work)

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2006, 10:22:29 AM »

I used to like the colder weather but for some reason I'm extremely cold especially my feet and hands. I have been using a heating pad on my feet all week. I don't know if it's my circulation or what, I have never shivered before as I do now. I'm turning into a wimp. :(

Wimp?? Wimp??  if that is the case, your the coolest and most generous "wimp" i know ;) (other than Epoman that is) :)   and the same here, i USED to love the cold, now i shiver so much my body gets sore,  i hate it!!! :banghead;
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 01:30:29 PM by goofynina » Logged

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2006, 12:10:35 PM »

Being cold makes me sore ,too. I hate it.  The winter months are upon us now.  Brrr! And I live in sunny California and have no reason to gripe!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2006, 01:24:58 AM »

Being cold makes me sore ,too. I hate it.  The winter months are upon us now.  Brrr! And I live in sunny California and have no reason to gripe!
try 28°F :P

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2006, 10:30:07 AM »

try 28°F :P

No thanks.  I am cold enough already. My daughter, who is in college, in Wisconsin, says she does not want to hear about it when I say I am cold.  She says the wind chill factor makes it really chilly over there.

lifenotonthelist.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »